Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
World War Arc Team Mission 5 - Genesis Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:29 pm
When Ulla was hugging Mewtwo, she felt her power search for the Shadow Mewtwo's heart. She was holding on tightly as it was trying to get her off. But then, her body froze, as she came to the realization. There was no heart. There was nothing there to purify. "...Oh my god..." She whispered as she quickly snapped out of it as she tried to slam the Soul Heart into the crystal in his shoulder but then she was sent flying towards the tree. "ULLA!" Leon shouted as he tried to catch her but fell short as she landed in the grass at the base of the tree.

She wasn't moving, her body was still. "Ulla?! Hey! Get it together! Ulla!" Leon shouted shaking her body as he looked around for Keiko seeing how she flew off somewhere as well. When he was able to see Keiko, he waved to her in desperation. "Keiko! Over here! Ulla don't you worry, Keiko. Ter. And the others will be-" Before he could say anymore he noticed more and more people started invading the Fairy Realm. He noticed the uniforms as Team Rocket as another Mewtwo appeared with them. He then recognized a Zapdos hybrid as they use to be with them for a bit. "Great. Now with this amount of power we can finally take this monster down." He said as he looked at his Zubat who was perched on his shoulder. The Poison Channeler turned his attention back to his sister as he noticed that she was whimpering. He then noticed a good amount of gusts of wind started to pick up around them with a slight pink glitter in it.

While everything was going on, in Ulla's head. She was almost having a mental breakdown. While she was on the ground, she was remembering the chilling feeling. Of searching for the heart in complete darkness. It was so sad. It was terrifying. It was tragic, not feeling any sort of emotion. Tears started welling up as she started getting picked up by the wind as she could slightly hear her brother's voice calling for her. But it soon sounded like white noise as she was going higher and higher in the air. She then screamed as if in pain as tears started dripping down her face. "YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO BE PURIFIED! YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO BE RELEASED FROM THE CHAINS THAT BIND YOU! I WAS SUPPOSE TO UNLOCK YOUR HEART.....But I can't...I'm not strong enough....I'm sorry...I'm so sorry." She yelled as an overpowering sweet scent started to fill the air as Ulla was consumed by a pink whirlwind. Leon dug his heels into the ground holding onto Shiro as he was yelling out for Ulla to calm down. This wasn't like his sister at all, she was always so happy. While he was calling out to her, he felt a little better. As the scent of the whirlwind was removing any poison effects from Zera. "This move.....is this the one Ulla has been trying to working on? Sparkling Swirl?"

Ulla was filled with so much sadness, pain, and regret as she made the large whirlwind move towards the Shadow Mewtwo. She knew this time, she couldn't be nice. She couldn't fight this with kindness like she wanted to. She now understood why, Sub and everyone were saying it was a true monster. Why everyone was so afraid of it. Once the Shadow Mewtwo would be caught in the whirlwind, that was when she would make her move and trap the darkness in the Soul Heart. It was the only way, to save the fairy realm, and humanity as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:47 pm
As I laid there, I lifted my head back up, seeing Kess tower over me for a moment. With her brief statement with her finally rushing off into battle, my head flopped back down onto the ground. As much as I wanted to get back up and help I had two problems; first off, that last attack took it all out of me. It was a whole all-or-nothing ordeal which...I'm not really sure what in God's name I had done other than damage that Shadow Mewtwo. It wouldn't surprise me, with that said, I did more damage to me than to that thing. It was as reckless as much as it was destructive. The other problem I had was that it wasn't like I could take my Pokemon out for that. I wasn't entirely sure an immunizer from anyone was going to stop that walking plague's effects and I didn't want to risk my Pokemon getting caught up in that. That was provided of course I was actually able in any condition to even do so much as give commands to said Pokemon. I barely heard everything that Kess said and my whole world as it were was in a daze. I must have landed all wrong, either from the attack itself or getting flung away from the impact site. The damage was too great for me to even think about getting up and I was all out exhausted. There was no way I was getting up on my own without a hell of a lot of time...  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:43 pm
Mega Shadow Mewtwo and Mewtwo Y would continue to clash in the sky above the Fairy Realm, explosive shock waves of energy booming to life with each clash, mixtures of Psychic and Shadow energy flickering in the sky like fireworks. The two titans were going after each other with such speed and fury it was near impossible to keep up with the fight other than brief windows. Reno's little back seat driving was a tremendous help to Mega Mewtwo Y who despite its opponent being weakened was still not as powerful as it so it required all the advantages it could get. With Reno's input it teleported out of the way of a Shadow Ball volley and was able to analyze properly the bluff as they came back around, the Mewtwo throwing up a Protect around its self just in time. It even got a few good direct hits on it as well thanks to Reno's calculations, a clean hit of a Signal Beam blast by firing where it would be, a pull back to avoid a Brutal Swing and retaliate by summoning forth Stone Edge from below.

There was numerous instances of this as Reno assisted Mega Mewtwo Y and was able to keep it on even foot with its Shadow cousin, perhaps just one step ahead. However the Psychic Channeler would soon realize Sub's warning about legendary Pokemon and Channelers was serious. While he wasn't trying to Channel with Mewtwo he could still feel its tremendous power and force, power that threatened to consume him the longer he tapped into its mind, risking driving himself mad. He couldn't keep this up forever.

Kess tried as she might to strike at XD002 when she could, only managing to zap it with a single Thunderbolt before the creature found a brief moment to blast her with a fierce Shadow Chill, astonishing her that it could summon forth such Shadow energy so quickly and easily. Sensing the incoming Thunder Wave from a certain Mega Gyarados, Kess positioned herself so that she could absorb and direct the Thunder Wave, to ensure it met its target while Mega Shadow Mewtwo focused on her. However this action ensured she too was hit and thus get swept up in the Shadow Chill and cast aside like a rag doll. She was down for the count already.

As the Thunder Wave hit Mega Shadow Mewtwo's mind was invaded by twin sources of otherworldly power. While it couldn't feel such things as dread and fear the spiritual presence in its mind was enough to disorient it and thanks to the Thunder Wave giving it a very mild paralysis the creature was ripe for Odd to snatch up with his shadow ribbons, binding it in place for a very brief moment and just this moment was enough for Odd to feel the searing sting of its Shadow energy which threatened to erode at his very soul like acid. None the less this was the perfect opportunity for one Regice to score an Ice Beam, encasing its midsection in ice and further binding its arms to its side for the moment.

The Shadow legend roared in anger as it was bound, the Soul Heart embedded in its shoulder thanks to Ulla giving off a faint pink glow as it too somehow knew it had a chance to tap into its foul energies and began to sap away at it. Was this the work of Fairy Master Succulus? Maybe, but there were others helping as well as numerous Fairy type Pokemon came out of the woods, glowing with pink energy which sparkled off of them and flowed into the Soul Heart, activating the device and assisting it in draining Shadow Mewtwo of its corrupt power. It would seem Terashi, and more importantly Abby, got through to the local Fairy Pokemon to stay and fight, further emboldened by a certain legendary singing Pokemon's Relic Song. That was when Ulla summoned forth her Sparkling Swirl, the local Fairy Pokemon assisting her as a vortex of Fairy energy surrounded Mega Shadow Mewtwo, further suppressing its power. It wasn't going nowhere and with this opportunity Mega Mewtwo Y was commanded by Giovanni to finish this thing and so it would.

Flexing both arms at its side Mewtwo Y would executed a Bulk Up and rapidly begin to build up tremendous amounts of energy in its body, the smaller legend growing taller and more bulky and gaining a visible aura of energy around it. Once it was done charging Mewtwo Y would launch its self at Shadow Mewtwo, becoming consumed in Flying energy as it began to rapidly spin towards its foe head first, quickly becoming nothing but a drill made up of energy. Just before it made impact with its suped up Aerial Ace the 'drill' would condense in size to that of a large pole before it shot straight through the restrained Shadow Mewtwo, piercing it in the chest, the fiendish creation letting out a ghoulish gasp of agony which rung through out the forest, Mewtwo Y appearing on the other side panting from exhaustion, glaring at its copy. This was Beau's moment who ignited his Powder and consumed the skewered Shadow legend with a fierce explosion of fire, the Fairy Realm rocked once again.

For a brief moment which felt like an eternity for everyone here, even the realm its self. Once the smoke cleared Mega Shadow Mewtwo could be seen hovering, smoldering and actually missing bits of flesh and yet it just seemed to freeze in place. The ribbons that bound it faded away, the swirling fairy energy sparkled out of existence, and the ice straight jacket had been shattered upon impact from Mega Mewtwo Y. Instead, hovering silently in the air above the Tree of Life was a miserable looking and positively deflated cretin, a shadow of its former self which anyone here could tell, its energy extremely diminished. XD002 simply hung its head in silence, the open hole in its chest dripping Shadow energy which fell on the branches below, eating through it like acid until it dropped to the soil below and disappeared. Still embedded on its shoulder was the Soul Heart, pulsating with pink energy as it continued to absorb and contain its power.

This strung out moment was broken with a sudden roar of anger and time seemed to start back up as Mega Shadow Mewtwo threw its head back and thrashed around in the air without purpose before slamming its hand on the Soul Heart, pink 'steam' rising off its hand as it seemed to burn it, further proven by the monster's screams. With all its terrible might the Pokemon ripped the Soul Heart free from its shoulder gem and hurled it across the forest. Now free from it the Pokemon let out another terrible, soul curdling and almost reality distorting scream as a visible aura of Shadow energy flared up around it and expanded several yards out from it. As the creature screamed purple fissures began to crack in the sky all across the realm, Shadow energy dripping out of them as they opened. At first it would appeared XD002 was making some last ditch effort to corrupt this realm with a Shadow Rain of epic proportions, but no, the mindless demon which only knew death and destruction had other plans.

Before anyone knew what was happening the Shadow energy dripping from the fissures gathered around Mega Shadow Mewtwo, bouncing 'globs' of energy dancing around it inside its Shadow aura. Turning to face its hated enemy, the real copy, or so it thought, XD002 glared at Mega Mewtwo Y with dark purple eyes filled with rage. Reno could feel it, the existential dread and cosmic horror Mewtwo Y felt in that moment if he was still connected, and if he was he would have not even a whole second to disconnect before his mind was turned to mush. With the 'normal' Mewtwo paralyzed with fear XD002 pointed one finger at it, causing the globs of Shadow energy to alter their shape into sharp spikes and with a snap of its fingers on its other hand they were sent flying at Mewtwo Y at blinding speeds. There were so many of them and they traveled so fast that Mewtwo Y was blotted out from sight. By the time the assault ended there was simply nothing there, just a corrupt tear in the very fabric of reality where Mewtwo Y once hovered. No one needed to ask what happened, they all knew. XD002 erased it. All Giovanni could do was look up in horror as his ultimate weapon was wiped out just when it appeared they had won.

With that done Mega Shadow Mewtwo wasted no time in repairing its self as its corruption began to spread through out the entire realm from the fissures, the sky darkening and life its self fading, the Tree of Life turning dull and grey in response. Globs of Shadow energy would rise up out of the soil and rise up to XD002, absorbing into its body as it began to heal its self, the hole in its chest slowly beginning to close up. At this rate it would be back to full health and this realm, no, all life, would be exchanged for its own. Ein's Shadow Pokemon was truly perfect.

"Arf!" Zac barked at Mega Shadow Mewtwo as it began to heal its self, the dog hunched over and growling as it began to give off a green glow. The same green glow began to appear around certain Snagems and certain Pokemon as well. They could feel inside of them a strange power stirring, the last gasp of life its self fighting back against the horrors they wished it gone.

Blizzard's glow would turn icy blue and from him rose a round gem with the appearance of frozen ice.

Amaranth's glow would turn a pale blue and from her rose a round gem with the appearance of an orb containing a swirling storm.

Aile's glow would turn a light brown and from her rose a round gem with the appearance of compacted sand.

Reno's glow would turn a dark pink and from him rose a round gem with the appearance of pulsating rings of energy.

Keiko's glow would turn an off white and from her rose a round gem with the appearance of a plain white orb.

Beau's glow would turn a lime green and from him rose a round gem with the appearance of an orb which contained a swarm of insect.

Ulla's glow would turn a bright pink and from her rose a round gem with the appearance of a soft looking puff ball.

Odd's glow would turn a pale purple and from him rose a round gem with the appearance of a translucent equally purple orb.

Kess's glow would turn a bright yellow and from her rose a round gem with the appearance of an orb which contained flickering lightning.

Lykas's glow would turn a deep blue and from him rose a round gem with the appearance of an orb which contained crystal clear blue water.

Leon's glow would turn a dark purple and from him rose a round gem with the appearance of an orb containing swirling sludge.

Leslie's glow would turn a bright silver and from her rose a round gem with the appearance of finely polished steel.

Regirock's glow would turn a grey-ish brown and from it rose a round gem with the appearance of a finely polished layered rock.

Abby's glow would turn a pure brown and from it rose a round gem with the appearance of a crystal with a fight symbol carved inside.

Sub's glow would turn a pitch black and from him rose a round gem with the appearance of an equally black orb, as dark as the night.

Zippo's glow would turn a fiery red and from him rose a gem with the appearance of an orb which contain flickering flames.

Boss Fairy Gwynt Anhygoel, who had joined the others to give their energy, had its own glow turn a deep green from him rose a round gem with the appearance of an orb with dancing leaves inside.

And from Zac rose a round gem with the appearance of an orb covered in navy blue dragon scales.

The many gem stones would rise up into the air and dance around each other before finding themselves floating around Cera. Right away she knew what these were, their power familiar, not unlike Z-Crystals, each of them created by Zac himself, the originator of all Z-Crystals in the first place, using the various Snagems and their Pokemon as templates. She could feel inside the gems their life forces, their emotions, their desire to live. And yet, they told her something else; only she had the power to stop this. She was the originator of both creatures, and therefor it was her who had the power to end them, or at least now XD002.

As Cera began to swell with power, for now equally matching the rapidly recovering and empowering Mega Shadow Mewtwo, Zac would leap up high into the air and point himself directly down as he made a collision course for the ground. Before impact he spoke to the minds of everyone there, in a soft simple voice. "I had fun, but it's time for me to sleep now. I'm sorry. The little dog said before he disappeared into the ground, a wave of green energy washing over the ground and the entire realm as it seemed Zac breathed life back into the realm, at least briefly. The Tree of Life was brighter, the grass spontaneously grew, and more important it everything felt alive again. Zac had given them one last chance, using what little energy he had in his body.

This greatly upset Mega Shadow Mewtwo would turned its attention to Cera, raising a hand into the air and began to gather tremendous amounts of Shadow energy in the form of a humongous sphere of raw Shadow energy. With a flick of its wrist it sent the grand Shadow Sphere hurtling directly for Cera and the realm its self. If allowed to it would destroy this realm completely and all in it, perhaps even its self. A fair price to pay for ridding the world of that which it despised the most; life.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:24 am
SubonicXP
This greatly upset Mega Shadow Mewtwo would turned its attention to Cera, raising a hand into the air and began to gather tremendous amounts of Shadow energy in the form of a humongous sphere of raw Shadow energy. With a flick of its wrist it sent the grand Shadow Sphere hurtling directly for Cera and the realm its self. If allowed to it would destroy this realm completely and all in it, perhaps even its self. A fair price to pay for ridding the world of that which it despised the most; life.

And inside the other world, the Distortion World of the Fairy Realm... Darts floated. His arms were crossed in a pensieve sort of fashion. How had he gotten here again? He couldn't remember, all he knew is that his mind - riddled with Zera's toxins - was clear now. Almost certainly Leon had helped him with that.

Giratina's rumbling laugh rolled through the foggy plane. "Come now boy, you haven't been home in quite a while. What's all this commotion on my doorstep?" The massive, normally lumbering legend slithered forwards to circle around Darts, elegant tendrils tipped by blood red points entwining and undulating around the Dragon master-in-training, caressing him like a prized posession. The legend's Origin Forme, as elegant as it was powerful made its home here only in the Distortion World.

"I have tried to mostly be 'home' never." Darts answered, his jacket swishing angrily around him. "I seem to remember, vaguely, someone else here with me." His red eyes scanned the surrounding darkness, flickering lightly with impatience at the demi-god's proximity. "Zera. Where is she?"

"Do not trouble yourself with the affairs of mortals in my realm little imitator. She will trouble you not here." Giratina's head moved close to Darts', his every syllable pounding off the inside of the gambler's mind itself. "They cannot keep you from me. I can offer you the ability to tap into the limitless potential of that body. The Dragon Clan is nothing but a scared group of pretenders, guessing at a science that I have known since the birth of creation... I have given you that form to serve as my hand, my will in the world of mortals. And as I will, you will serve me."

"Never." The normally jocular Darts swore, his red eyes pulling back to meet Giratina's. "I will never serve you. I would die first."

"Ah, such brave words. But if you die here, who will help your friends? Surely they aren't as... tough as the mighty Darts?" Giratina's mocking tone drew the hybrid's attention to the occurances of the world outside this one. Shapes formed, ghostly visions of events playing in front of his face, surely the Dragon Ghost's doing as Darts was able to watch every horrendous movement of the weapon known as XD002, Zac's final gift to the group that had protected and played with him as a little pup... the Tree of Life... He could feel the energy from that in particular. Even here, as a living thing in the world of the dead, he could feel the direct connection all living things shared with that essential pillar of the universe. And even with Zac's final gift, if Cera went... it was all over. He watched in helpless horror as Shadow Mewtwo began winding up to wipe the little Mew from existence.

And he didn't even have a single drop of energy left in the tank. Whatever that Toxic had done to him, he had no Outrage, no way to Shadow Force back into existence to help Snagem. And even if he could, what was he going to do? He was an outsider at this point, all the time he had taken training at the Mymay Sanctuary had essentially separated him from the team. He had been pushed out, through no fault of anyone's but his own. There were new people on the team he barely knew and old friends who still looked at him like a stranger. And it hurt. Just like the time he had disappeared before, and the time before that. He wasn't going to disappear any more.

"What do you want?" He asked finally, begrudgingly into the silence, one golden hand clenching. The cloud of tendrils visibly constricted at his words, closing in around him closer, slithering over his hands and his jacket.

"My boy... you're acting like I've been the one demanding things from you the entire time. Giratina hissed, the rapture plain as day in the deep voice as negotiations were progressing quite to the entity's pleasure. "Quite the opposite, my little rice ball thief. All I've ever done is give. And if I give you this favor, all I ask in return is one little favor in return. You may finish your training with the Clan. In fact I insist upon it. And when you're done... you'll come see me for your diploma."

There was no way this deal was that simple. "It really is though..." the voice whispered in his mind. The kind of power Giratina was offering wasn't free. "But really was it that bad...?" This was the being that had cursed him with this body. "Cursed...? How droll." Darts shook his golden crest side to side, clearing the fog of confusion and is startled to see himself almost completely wrapped in the embrace of a funery embrace of smoky tentacles. He took a step forwards, purposefully bursting into the clean (?) air of the Distortion World, raising a golden hand with a single finger outstretched towards his benefactor, prepared to send a cocky response and to tell it to go to another hell... and then in the smoky window pane, he sees Cera's face. He sees Blizz's face. He sees Sub and Kess and Lykas and Leslie and Odd and Reno and Aile and Ulla and all of their faces, flecked with blood and soot and determination and despair and rage and if they weren't giving up yet, let no one say Darts was out of this fight yet.

"Do it." He says, after a moment's pause. "I don't want to remember I made this thrice-damned pact with you so if you can scrub that memory from my brain I want it gone. But I have to go back. If I don't I'll die. You'll die." The concern in his voice seemed to catch Giratina off-guard. The legend regarded the hybrid silently for a moment, allowing the pregnant silence to grow until it seemed fit to burst. "They. Will die."

"Of that I am well aware, my champion." It said, breaking the silence finally. "Or else my terms would have been..." It chuckled, filling the gambler's brain with the same feelings he had seen from opposing players as he called their hand while they held a royal flush in a game of poker. "Even more favorable."

A blinding glow erupted from the nowhere between Darts and Giratina, the sudden intrusion causing the hybrid to shield his eyes. Once the full force of the flare had faded, there was a small roughly-hewn chunk of very similar-looking gold hovering in mid-air. "The Griseous Orb." Giratina explained. "For a brief moment, once you touch this, I will unlock the FULL potential of your body in the other world. It may be... an extreme experience to say the least. I would advise your comrades that they need to stay out of your way... before you succumb to the Outrage fully."

Even knowing the world was on the line. Even knowing this was the only way in this moment to help give them the shot they needed to save everything. Darts still hesitates. "By Arceus, will I ever get out of debt?" He asked, to no one in particular.

"Me willing, never." Giratina answered, chuckling darkly before giving in to a peal of full, frenzied laughter as Darts reached forwards and touched a singular gilt fingertip to the orb...

--

The rest of the Snagems, even with all the power blazing around them in all directions due to Zac's final gift, would become immediately aware of a rip in the dimensions of time and space itself, the borders already weakened by Shadow Mewtwo's destructive effects on the world tree.

A figure would rip itself free, an enormous spike in both Dragon and Ghost energy immediately making itself known as the individual hurled itself in front of Cera, nothing more than a blur of movement as Darts waved his arms again, almost effortlessly tearing another massive shadowy rift in space and time. The Distortion World's endless maw greeted its new snack with enthusiasm, gulping up the enormous projectile before snapping its 'lips' shut with the satisfied smack of reality fixing itself.

He looked... different. He felt... way different. He had his jacket... over his shoulder?!

Darts hovers tall in midair, his once boxy crest now an elegant sweep of gilt wing-like protrusions on either side of his face. Blue and dark purple energies criss-cross across from the golden orb fastened in the middle of his pecs and down around both of his exposed muscular silver arms, coming to a point at the tips of both his golden fists, looking like two swollen morning stars with all of the power pouring off of them. His black and golden jacket was casually draped over his shoulder, motionless like a piece of normal fabric and the deep reds of his eyes were pipped with small dots of pulsing azure flame. Behind his back like a flock of carrion Pokemon taking flight a mass of undulating tentacles sprung forth, each one tipped with a blood-red talon as they wove around him in a cloud.

"Sorry I'm late!" Darts boomed, his voice carrying easily to every ear in the group. He seemed to be having trouble getting out the words, every single one of his muscles both exposed and not taut with some kind of unleashed energy, they could see Outrage swirling across his exposed skin and reformatted crest. "We're only going to get one last shot at this! Cera, I know you don't think you can do this, but you can! We all know you can! We're going to need everything we have in the tank, anD I'M NOT GOING TO FADE INTO OBSCURITY WITHOUT HELPING US GIVE EVERYTHING WE HAVE LEFT!" His voice warps to an impossible depth before traveling out of the hearable range for both humans and hybrids, but the message was clear as blue fire ignites across his skin, melding with the ley lines of spiritual and draconic energy as he began his Outrage, blue lightning spreading from the core of his being to all six of his tentacles as he began preparing for the mother of all Shadow Forces. He was no longer able to communicate to the rest of the team what they all needed to do, but he hoped that was clear. This was going to take every last drop from everyone.

Dig deep. This is what we were made for.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:33 am
Sub pulled his head up to see the ever expanding sphere of destruction in the sky, the man still laying on the ground where Shadow Mewtwo had cast him aside prior to Giovanni's arrival, whatever hope that thug's arrival had brought with him now vaporized along with the other Mewtwo he brought. It was over, it was really over this time. Nothing they threw at it worked, not even its duplicate could put it down. And to add insult to injury just when it looked like they were chipping away at it the genetic monstrosity began to repair its self with Shadow energy parts unknown, snatched across from space and time. Sub knew where it came from though, he could sense the dark emotions in that energy. XD002 was collecting Shadow energy from the remaining Shadow Pokemon across the world, a feat which would surely end in their deaths, fates not even they deserved as these innocent creatures didn't ask for their infection. Just more proof of how vile the monsters they were dealing with here, Shadow Mewtwo and Ein. Though one had wonder which of the pair was more vile; the scientist or his creation.

That was when Sub felt a familiar presence around him, knowing right away what it was, or rather who it was. Zac's warm energy surrounded him like a snug and comforting blanket. The energy did not empower, heal, or do anything else of the like but it did do one thing, it comforted him. Somehow he just knew everything was going to be okay, in spite of reality its self crumbling around them, everything was going to turn out okay. Or at least that's what Zac was trying to portray to him and the others.

When the energy turned from green to black he watched as it took the form of an orb of equal color, staring at it for a few seconds before it made off for Cera. In that moment he felt like he was looking in a mirror, that the orb was part of him, or at least designed after him. When all eighteen orbs collected around Cera it finely clicked what Zac was giving her, was giving all of them, his final goodbye followed up with a wave of life giving energy which caused the grass to perk back up.

Filled with the will to continue this fight, despite his body protesting otherwise, Sub stood up, almost falling back over to the ground before an equally weary Registeel stomped up to his side and helped him find his balance. "Thanks." He told the legend, who only responded with a single beep. The Dark One would note that Registeel's old wound, the one he himself had tore open so long ago, was broken open again in its fight with Shadow Mewtwo, the man staring for but a second at the blackness within. "Don't worry, buddy, I'll get that patched up as soon as we get back home." He assured the metal golem, flashing it a smile. It did not respond further.

"Nevermore!" Cried the Murkrow as she fluttered back to Sub's side, landing on his shoulder. She had successfully brought Odd as ordered, though what good it did had yet to be seen. The bird would give her owner a desperate squawked as she looked up at the devastation that was continuing to amass in the sky. Sub just chuckled a bit to himself.

"Griiis..." Hissed Griswold as he finally reappeared from his stone, stretching his amorphous body around Sub like a snake until they were face to face, Sub staring at the unchanging ghoulish twisted mug that was his Spiritomb. "No, not this time. There is no darkness for us to slip away into to safety. If it's our time we will disappear in the light. No more hiding and shying away, no more running." He told the Forbidden Pokemon. Griswold would give a moan in protest before recoiling back into its stone, then fading away into Sub's shadow. Apparently it wasn't keen to be witness to its one hundred and ninth death.

Just shaking his head at Griswold's cowardice Sub turned his attention back to the matter at hand. It was at that exact moment which Mega Shadow Mewtwo cast its Shadow Sphere down upon Cera, and thus the Snagems and Fairy Realm its self. Sub did flinch a bit but he did not take his eyes off of it. This was it, it was finally all over, just not in the way he hoped. Nevermore squawked frantically and fluttered her wings but did not leave her trainer's shoulder. Registeel did not react in the least but Sub could sense that the legend was also troubled by this. With the mass of Shadow energy descending upon them Sub came to terms with it all. If Cera wasn't able to pull off some sort of miracle and this really was it then that was okay. He had lived a very full and exciting life, and in the end he had nothing to regret.

"Never! Nevermore!" Squawked Nevermore, in an urgent tone but somehow different than what she was previously squawking. Sub had closed his eyes after he 'made his peace' so to speak, only to frantically opening them upon hearing the change in tone by his bird. That was when he noticed the Shadow Sphere was gone, completely vanished. He frantically looked around to see what on Earth happened, that was when he noticed the reappearance of Darts, however in a much upgraded form. "What did you..." That wasn't a question he needed to ask, nor one he needed an answer to. Darts just gave them another chance, just as Zac did, just as Giovanni and Mewtwo did, just Succulus did and everyone else. Everyone here had given it their all in this fight to save life its self and now they had one last shot at it. As Darts faded back away into the realm beyond this one and Sub watched the dragon's energy surge as he prepared his Shadow Force, Sub knew that he too needed to tap out the tank and give whatever he had left in him if they were to win. That's when he turned his attention to Cera.

It had to be her. Just like Darts said, he knew she could do it but it was doubtful that she did. He had bounded with Cera once before, in an act of Channeling that defied all the rules and in some ways the laws of Channeling its self. Just like she knew his heart better than anyone else he too knew hers, and he knew that Cera was frighten, perhaps more so than anyone else here. If not for their previous bounding his Channeling gave him the latent ability to feel the dark emotions in others and Cera was filled to the brim with him. Terror, dread, remorse, guilt, Cera was in no state of mind to find the courage in her to utilize the gift Zac had given her, or rather the tools she needed to harness her own power, that of which she was yet unaware of. She needed help to dig deep, and maybe that's what Sub could do. One last feat. A dark trick that maybe could do some good.

Popping open a Dusk Ball he brought Ulalume back to the stage, the Malamar giving out a shrill shriek, the creature terrified of what it saw was going on after having left the field before it got his bad. Once he got the squid to calm down he began to proceed with his plan, connecting with Ulalume and beginning to Channel with her. With his energy he reached out and Dark Touched Cera, magnifying one of her 'dark' emotions, that of anger. She needed to be angry, she needed to get mad. Shadow Mewtwo had already cost her friends so much, had hurt them all, and now it threatened her. How dare it do all this, and with power that was hers as well! It wouldn't exist if it weren't for her and now it dare destroy her!? It must pay for what it has done!

With Cera sufficiently angry he utilized Mal Reversal with Ulalume, however this time giving what little energy he had left to Cera, though not to empower her or anything, it wasn't enough to do that nor was his Dark energy strong enough right now to hinder her. No, instead he wanted to use his energy to give her something else; his will. Cera felt it before, back then it went to the extreme when she became cocky and sinister, but now it was for less subdued. If Sub had anything unique about him it was his will, his will to fight, his will to do the impossible. If there was nothing else he could do to help anymore at least he could try and give Cera the anger and will to fight.

"Give it hell." A voice spoke to Cera, Sub's voice. But did it really? She probably just imagined it, and probably didn't even realize Sub was manipulating her, probably brushed it off as the same residual energy of his she still had him which usually manifested in malicious ways. But right now wasn't that exactly what she needed? So perhaps hell is exactly what she should bring.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:08 am
Odd gave everything he had and watched, flinching at times as the plague incarnate retaliated against his moves without even trying, hardly. This was just too much. Everything he had thrown at it should have done more than what it had. It also shouldn't have hurt -him- to do it. "This needs to end... NOW!" He called out as Mega Shadow Mewtwo began to repair itself, feeling himself beginning to withdraw from the creature. He wasn't usually the type to cow away from a challenge but something here was making him want to run. His words defied the feeling of self-preservation, though. He knew there was no escape. Running wouldn't even manage to prolong the inevitable this time. "Gah!"

It was at that moment that he felt it. A strange surge of energy. Something... familiar about it yet foreign all at once. As the energy began to glow, an aura of the green power forming around him before turning a shade of pale purple and coalescing into a crystalline orb of a similar hue, translucent and pure as glass., he felt a fragment of himself within it. Watching as the orb moved, as if of it's own volition, toward Cera, he felt something once again. A renewed sense of peace. Everything was going to be ok. One way or the other. Either the team would be successful here and the maleficent beast above would be stopped. Or in a moment, it wouldn't matter anymore.

As soon as he realized that, he calmed down. "We can only do so much..." He would give everything he had here and if it failed, then it failed. Conjuring up a spear of Ghost energy in his right hand, he ignited an azure flame in his left. Carefully setting the Wicked Wick at the tip of the spear, he wound a shadowy ribbon around the shaft and reared back, using the ribbon to extend his reach. With a might thrust, he threw the spear with a sharp spin on it like a flying drill bit toward Mega Shadow Mewtwo. About the time he threw, Darts returned and seemingly erased the immense Shadow Sphere that had been hurtling toward them a moment before. Taking that moment to do the only other thing he could manage, he brought his hands together and compressed every ounce of spiritual energy he could spare together into it before he thrust them forward and unleashed a barrage of shadowy arrows in an attempt to leave Mega Shadow Mewtwo distracted from the incoming hellfire. If it hit, the flames wouldn't take long to try consuming the Pokemon so deeply entrenched in evil intent. The Infernal Fusilade wouldn't last for long, unfortunately, the energy used to craft it fading rather quickly and leaving the Channeler almost steaming in reverse as his body tried to recover the energy needed to sustain itself.

Lykas watched, horrified, as the world ruptured around them. Even the Fairy Realm itself couldn't seem to resist the amount of Shadow Energy their hated foe was generating. It's body damaged, missing pieces and dripping with acidic energy made manifest, the Mega Shadow Mewtwo only seemed to grow angrier. He watched, his horror mounting further, as Mega Shadow Mewtwo erased Mega Mewttwo Y from existence and then turned on the rest of them, focusing it's rage upon Cera for some reason.

Unfortunately for him, none of his attacks were really capable of doing much to this beast on their own. Good thing he still had Furor out. The Mega Gyarados stood tall by his side now and, seeing her trainer's dilemma, she inhaled deeply and let loose a powerful Hurricane aimed to restrict the Legendary monster's advancement. It also seemed to be giving Odd's effort a boost in speed. Witnessing his partner unlocking yet more potential on his behalf, Lykas couldn't just stand back and do nothing. Inhaling deeply, he blew an Icy Wind into the Hurricane as well, hoping to form a sort of makeshift blizzard using the strong winds to his advantage. Amid the attempts to fight back, he felt the surge of energy from Zac and witnessed it building up into an aura and then forming itself into a crystalline form not unlike a giant Mystic Water that immediately raced off toward Cera.

Kaya, unable to move hardly at all after his attack attempt, watched the others begin striking out at Mega Shadow Mewtwo in one last-ditch effort to stop it but, for a moment, there was nothing he felt he could contribute. He had so little strength left in him now. However, when Zac made his final show of power, he watched as the "gift" enveloped the others and slowly began to extract from them all a seemingly crystalline template of their very essence, he felt that he should offer up something of his own. Sheathing the blade that had manifested in his hand at his left hip, he drew Rise from his back again and aimed it toward the Plague above. With what energy he had left, he fired a Fairy Lock toward it, hoping to lock the creature in place if only for a moment. Maybe, just maybe, he could make it so the others efforts would be successful?  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:20 am
Reno was doing his best to maintain mental contact with the Mega Mewtwo, even as he could feel himself straining and struggling under the sheer mental weight of such a venture. But he kept at it, feeling the old wounds in his own psyche screaming at him with the weight they were sitting under. Hell, one was literally screaming at him to cut it off before something truly tragic happened. And even as he felt the thing's eyes piercing straight through his soul and mind, Reno did his best to offer something for the Mega Mewtwo Y. But it was at that moment that his own psyche decided to betray him, pulling the connection before anything more could occur. As Reno prepared to wheel on Rome and shout him down for that, the Psychic Channeler watched as Mega Mewtwo Y was executed by the Shadow Mewtwo. 'The numbers said Mega Mewtwo Y was dead as hell. No way out of that one.' Rome told Reno, the redhead simply giving a small nod in response.

And it didn't take a moment before another awe-inspiring move cropped up from the Shadow Mewtwo, a Shadow Ball that was the size of a house coming towards them. He had already given his power to the sphere Zac wanted him to create but this wasn't even a thing he could assist with. So Reno watched and waited to die.

Well, at least Darts had that covered. Now, distracting a being way above his paygrade by being annoying and keeping it from concentrating? That he could do. Opening a few more Pokeballs, Reno soon found himself floating a few inches above Phemes' head and coated in a layer of slimy armor before popping into the air, already swinging for the Shadow Mewtwo's head with a p[sionic-empowered fist. Sure it might not pack the most punch, but he wanted to break the thing's focus and that was it. Damage could be dealt later.

------

As she watched the silvery orb leaving herself, Leslie soon found herself watching as the Shadow Mewtwo prepared to annihilate Cera. And honestly? Leslie liked Cera. A lot. So that was not going to be sitting with her at all. "Porygon-3! Carbuncle! Defensive position in front of Cera!" Leslie shouted, dashing towards the Mew as her Pokemon began working on defenses. Regice would quickly build a physical wall of ice, supplemented by Carbink's uses of Reflect and Light Screen to amplify the wall for their own defense. Finally, Leslie just stood in front of Cera, preparing to body block anything that might sneak through. Cera was gonna do her thing and they were there to stop that from being blocked.

------

Once they had given their own powers, Beau and Zippo would look towards Shadow Mewtwo and decide.....discretion was the better part of valor. And explosions were the better part of discretion. So Beau quickly set to work unleashing clouds of Powder that he sent into the air, which Zippo would ignite to create a hell of a distraction. And that was their plan. run around, create annoying flashes of light and noise, and hope the Shadow Mewtwo got peeved over that enough it decided to look away from Cera. Effectiveness was going to be sketchy at best but it was all they had.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:47 pm
"What the crap?" Abby asked when a gem of concentrated Fighting-type energy manifested from her body. "This... couldn't have come from nothing, right?" she asked, staring into the gem. She then shook her head and let her newest catch out of its ball - a Machop. "I know we haven't had a lot of time to get acquainted yet, but I need a favor." To Abby's surprise, the Machop nodded immediately - it could feel the Shadow Energy suffocating this world. It knew desperate action was needed. "Okay, that was fast. Use Bulk Up and focus all your excess energy into this gem. When you've given it all you can, chuck it at that Mew up there." The Machop nodded again and did as it was asked, pouring as much Fighting-type energy as it could until its limbs grew weak. Fortunately, the energy in the gem did most of the work, gravitating toward Cera.

Meanwhile, Keiko stared at her Normal-type gem for a while, not quite getting what it meant until she saw the one Abby spawned flying toward Cera while being overcharged with energy. She then began desperately trying to pour her own energy into her gem, knowing from the dread she sensed from the surrounding infection that she wasn't getting another chance. Fortunately, it was enough to activate Return, giving her enough energy to begin filling her gem with. When she couldn't give anymore and Return faded, causing her to almost collapse with exhaustion, she tossed the gem up, letting it gravitate toward Cera.

Seeing what was going on, I grasped the Betyl Stone and turned to Rala, planning to have her use Heal Pulse or Wish or Helping Hand or something to help Cera, but when I turned to her, I saw a great big glop of infected energy on her heart, slowly closing in on it. I sighed raggedly at the sight. "Well, you wanted to get infected, right?" I asked, only seeing the fear on her face after saying that. "Don't worry, I'll purify you as fast as I can," I said in an attempt to reassure her before I put her back in her ball. Sighing again, I tried to focus on the Betyl Stone, but with my primary partner infected, it was all but useless - I couldn't see in it, much less use it to connect to any of my other Psychic-types. Cursing mentally, I turned to watch Cera execute Snagem's last gambit when I noticed a gem among the many surrounding her like Ioun Stones, but this one in particular had Psychic-type energy in it. Knowing this would mess me up mentally, especially if it came from who I thought it came from, I reached out to it mentally. Though I succeeded, it took a great deal of concentration to do, much less use it to link up with my non-infected Psychic-types. I didn't let that stop me, and told the Pokemon I used that gem to connect to to pour all their energy through me into the gem. I couldn't let them out, lest they suffer Rala's fate, so this was the best option, even if it wound up screwing my brain up. Sacrifices had to be made.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:12 pm
A euphoric wave of power started to wash over me and once again I found myself awake. Wincing a couple of moments then started to push myself up. I still felt like a tank just ran me right the hell over, but what kind of surprised me was that I was back up standing and I wasn't as to sure why. When I started to look about, I was trying to put the pieces together. Shadow Mewtwo was still up...that's not good. Snagems are still scrambling to finishing this blasted abomination off. Zac is...leaving? Was he the reason why I managed to get up? But then I had yet an issue. It wasn't like I had much to do anything to that Shadow Mewtwo. In fact, I couldn't imagine anyone doing so........other than...

"...Cera?" I spoke up, some out of surprise, more out of extreme irritation. That one blasted mew that went into hiding for God only knows how long, where the likes of the team, let alone her own family, namely Amaranth and Aden, needed her most. As far as the team is concerned, their situation hadn't changed. It was time for Cera to pull her weight.

With agility, I dashed over, appearing right behind her, grabbing her by the head, having her head fit in the palm of my hand as if a softball. I picked her up and turned her around and I stared at her dead in the eyes. "Glad you showed up. Unfortunately, most of the team here is exhausted and you're the only one within a fifty mile radius with anything resembling assault power compared to that blasted abomination! No complaints, no back sass, no arguments! You want to show that you are worth more than a tool here to anyone else? You want to protect something so badly? Ammy? Aden? Sol!?" I asked. Quickly I then wound back. "THEN GET IN THERE!" I shouted, pitching the Mew hard in fastball special fashion.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:48 pm
Aile quickly recalled Tatooine and Sarlaac when she saw the stars for Swift being created, bracing for impact with those stars herself before her guardian would intervene, blocking as many as it could before XD002 came up and sent Korriban for another ride. Aile however, got dragged with Regirock this time, with the legend unintentionally hitting Aile hard with one of its boulders as it flew. When she landed, she curled up into a ball, screaming momentarily and clutching at her abdomen. Korriban would soon reconstitute itself, so to speak, but with the golem’s trainer currently occupied with the damage done to her by the bounder, all it could really do was wait and protect her from any further harm. It honestly seemed like she was done for the fight, though…

...At least until Zac’s final burst of energy reached the woman. The energy helped her, not so much in giving her lost energy, though it did do that as well, but it at least numbed the pain in her abdomen, allowing her to actually think clearly and on other things. “~~ing Arceus… Korriban, next time, could you aim those boulders just a wee bit further away from me next time an a*****e decides to throw you part way across the land,” she joked, shaking her head. “Don’t worry, I know it was unintentional. Thanks for protecting me from the Swift.” She ran her hand over the boulder that served as a hand proxy for the Regirock, noting the gouges in it and all the identical ones across the golem. “Mt. Silver looks like your next stop after this, but we sure as well aren’t done yet.” Finally, she stood up, after being sure that her body wasn’t feigning this. Though, if she did mess up her body permanently, if they could save life itself, it would all be worth, right? It’s not like it would matter if they failed and everyone died. “Alright now. Tatooine, Sarlaac, you two come back out one more time.” Once more, she’d send out her two Pokémon, two creatures who had been through thick and thin with her in some various way over the years. They both would look at Korriban, then at the newcomers before turning back to their trainer.

“Alright, you three. We’re not done yet. We’re going to stall for time for Cera, because that… thing is gunning for her. Korriban, let’s slow that jackass down with a Rock Tomb. Tatooine, sweep up a Sandstorm of your own, and if you want to disorient it with a Screech, feel free. I just need your sandstorm for a thing, though…” She pulled out the ZNA Crystal from her jacket and stared at it. “Sarlaac, you’re with me.” The channeler would sit down, wincing before crossing her legs and sticking her staff into the ground. “I need you with me for this. We’re going to hold that thing in place to the best of our ability. Start!” She would slam the crystal against her staff, breaking it and releasing the energy within to boost her and Sarlaac. As this was happening, Tatooine took off, summoning a sandstorm around her. The standard melodic hum of a Flygon inside a sandstorm would change to an ear piercing buzzing, Tati’s wings changing their flapping to fit. Meanwhile, Korriban would draw out boulders to throw at XD002, doing its damnedest to slow down that facsimile of a creature for everyone else.

Finally, once the sandstorm started hitting its peak, Aile would close her eyes and grip that staff for all it was worth, the tan link on the braid shifting to an ethereal purple, linking with Sarlaac and drawing on a stronger power than she was used to, but one that was still slightly familiar to her. An ability she had decided to call Sand Wraith from what she experienced in Black city, as she projected herself into the sand itself. She’d emerge briefly a huge distance away, just to test that it was working properly. The form she’d emerge as would look similar to her physical body, but with much less detail, and the eyes would take on an appearance similar to the Sandygast line, hollowed out sockets with that small bit of sand to show where she was looking. “Round two of this, I suppose. At least the pain is gone for now.” The form would vanish soon after it appeared, reappearing right next to Shadow Mewtwo X and grabbing its arms and legs to lock it down. Should it break her form, she would only reform it again and continue that train of action, throwing in sand attacks to the eyes and nostrils intermittently. “Go for it! One shot, don’t miss, don’t worry about me!” Aile wasn’t sure what would happen to her or Sarlaac if she was caught up in the blast, but she didn’t care at this point. In her eyes, one or two lives to bring this thing down would be more than appropriate collateral, considering the ramifications of what could happen if they didn’t stop Shadow Mewtwo. All she wanted to do was stall for time and keep XD002 in place long enough for Cera to attack.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:44 pm
Watching the others' initial efforts reduced to little more than a Mudsdale swatting flies that tried to land on it, Cera couldn't do much more than keep staring in abject horror. Though the explosion from Beau's Powder rocked the realm itself, it didn't fling her far, sending her to the ground. She moved to sit rather than lay there, but past that bit of movement, she remained too paralyzed in the sudden sea of emotions. She saw the aftermath of what the others did manage to ultimately pull off, of what Giovanni's Mewtwo did in its own efforts to fight back. The sorry state Shadow Mewtwo was in looked to be one it couldn't recover from. But was that a sure thing, that things were over and perhaps Zac's urgency and insistence that she come with it was just being over prepared? Much as she wished the answer would be that, yes, it was over and things were fine, it would quickly turn to the last answer she'd want at a time like this. For a brief moment, she could sense Mewtwo's thoughts on the situation. That not only were things not over by any means, but the dread and horror that marked its final moments. Then, nothing. Just as Mewtwo was blotted out by the shadowy globs coming from Shadow Mewtwo, so was any hint that it ever existed in the first place. It was enough to make her blood run colder than anything else in her life, aside from a few choice memories she wished hadn't been resurfaced when she and Sub managed a channeling bond.

The world around her and everyone else rapidly dying in real time proved to be antithetical to any sort of motivation as well, and even if fear hadn't had her feeling deathly cold, then knowing she and the others were surely next in line did. The existence of Shadow Mewtwo alone and its sheer might provided all the proof necessary for Ein's project to be deemed a resounding success. If it could do what it just did and recover with hardly any effort, then there perhaps was some credence to Ein's declaration of the team's obsolescence. Nothing short of total destruction would stop that thing, she felt; anything less, it could just heal itself and reform from. Truly, this was a monster, and one that let itself be a constant reminder of the horrors she unwittingly released upon the world. "Zac? Come on, please..." More than anything, she wished she could just go back to her life before all this, back to those Faraway Islands she used to call home before it was all ripped away so long ago. But like those around her, such a request was impossible no matter how intense the desire.

Then she finally noticed the glow Zac was giving off, then Blizzard, Amaranth, Aile... soon, there was some sort of glow coming from almost everyone in one way or another as eighteen gems, each of them round and seemingly comprising of their originator's essence, rose into the air. Immediately, she could feel how the essences clung to life, their desires to keep fighting and see this through, no matter the result. That if they fell here, they went down giving it everything they had and more. That fighting was the only way they might yet live to tell the tale of how Ein's science project was smacked around like it owed them a few months' rent. With it, however, also came the realization of what Zac wanted out of her: she had to be the one to do this. Already scared out of her wits, what came next wasn't some sort of rush of adrenaline and heroic grandeur. With Zac taking its leave and saying it needed to sleep, she curled into a ball and braced herself. She was in no state to actually deliver upon the task thrust upon her. And then she felt the shadow energy well up again as Shadow Mewtwo prepared the attack that signaled her end. Their end.

"I-I... I can't. Zac, everyone... I'm sorry."

Trembling where she sat, she waited for the death blow to be made, hoping it'd at least be swift.

But, it seemed that their end wasn't quite scheduled for today. Just as all seemed lost, something... consumed Shadow Mewtwo's attack? The only impact she received was a vocal one, prompting her to slowly look up and see Darts in front of her, in a different form than she remembered. Though the warping voice was unnerving, the words rang in her head for a bit. She looked around to see that even now, everyone was putting in one final push, digging deeper than ever before. Even Amaranth, who'd let out Gale back out, tried to assist as the pair mustered everything they had into channeling another wind barrier in front of Cera and anyone else trying to defend for her. It was readily apparent that the Pidgeot was in no condition to fight otherwise, having managed to come to sometime after being recalled.

"Get up! Zac's trusting you with this, so we are too! Show it and Ein how we handle things!" Amaranth shouted, trying her best to add to the rally call.

As they poured any drop they could into the gems before they were flung or otherwise brought to the Mew, orbiting around her once they did, the feelings from before intensified. Each and every person or Pokemon the essences came from wanted to live and see this through, to say nothing of everyone there regardless. Or their words. With all of that came a simple remark in her head that she sworn came from Sub somehow, and her anger at the situation, at Shadow Mewtwo, intensifying through Dark Touch's influence and granting an increased will to actually do something about all this. Finally floating up, she glared at the monster before her and spoke up.

"You know, that was a nice attack you did there. Too bad I've already done something like that with Commander Shades over there. I shouldn't be surprised, though, right Ein?" She had no idea if there was any way Ein could hear or see any of this; she wouldn't put it past him to have some way of achieving it with Shadow Mewtwo, even in this realm. "After all, your best ideas come from something or someone that already exists. You call these guys, all of us, obsolete. But your idea of a smaller, more efficient force came from us, didn't it? You took people from their lives and used them as science projects, hoping someone would come by and give you a ribbon for that bit of recognition. You took me and decided, no, you could do better than some sorry Mew that was unfortunate enough to get caught and brought to you, with everything I once knew gone in that instant. You put me through horrors and experiments that I wouldn't wish on you or anyone. All for your 'project genesis': another example of chasing after better because what already existed wasn't good enough for you and never will be." As she spoke, the gems orbiting around her would break off into two sets, swirling in a double helix as a light pink orb of psychic energy began to form. In pairs, the gems would be absorbed into the orb, growing in size with each of them until it rivaled Shadow Mewtwo's prior attack- if not even bigger than it was.

With it, a glow would come from around her too, obstructed by the scarf she had on. "I don't fault Sub or Sol for choosing not to remind me about any of this until there wasn't a choice. But I'm not the same, scared little Mew anymore. I'm not obsolete. We are not obsolete! We'll claw our way out of this and then, we'll claw our way to you, Ein!" Just as she was about to meet the orb, she'd find herself suddenly grabbed and her world upside down by Blizzard, turned towards him as he spoke up. She didn't have a chance to respond to any of he said or decided to do before he wound back with her like a softball. In doing so, not only was she flung at Shadow Mewtwo, but into the orb she'd created as it joined her in a collision course for the ages. Luckily, she'd regain her composure enough give another glare, one that spoke volumes of just what Shadow Mewtwo was up against. Nevermind the strange, bracelet-looking thing on her, appropriated as a sort of collar due to the size of it. Or the crystal in it that was shining brightly once the scarf wasn't obstructing it anymore.

"You should've stuck with the original, because this is where your project meets its exodus!" Right as impact appeared to be imminent, two final words could be heard. Words that just might teach Shadow Mewtwo fear.

"GENESIS SUPERNOVA!"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:29 pm
Ulla was so caught up in her emotions, the Sparkling Swirl just kept going and going. She then watched Shadow Mewtwo throw the Soul Heart. That's when she quickly caught it but was launched back because of the immense force put into the throw. That's when she felt Togekiss and Decidueye stop her as the Sparkling Swirl stopped as the little girl held the Soul Heart close to her. She looked at it as it was surrounded by darkness. "Magearna....I'm sorry...." She said as she heard someone calling out to her. She looked down to see it was her brother. She then told her Pokemon to fly down towards her brother. The little girl jumped off Togekiss as Leon caught her, he held her tightly. "L-Leon...It wasn't enough...a-are we...are we-" She then noticed both of them glowing pink and purple.

Leon watched as two gems came out of the both of them as they danced around together to join the other gems with Cera. So much happened as he noticed Darts came back from out of no where. He felt his legs go weak as he fell to his knees as it made Ulla worried. "B-Big brother?!" "I-I'm fine...this looks like this long battle will finally end." He said as both of them watched Cera from afar. Ulla clung onto Leon's coat tightly as she shouted at the Shadow Mewtwo. As that was all she could do as she used most of her energy weakening the monster to it's current state."GET OUT OF MY REALM!"  

Cecile Silverstone

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:31 am
As Darts appeared and swallowed up the Shadow Sphere into the Distortion World Shadow Mewtwo was momentarily taken by surprise, its incredibly complex mind somehow incapable of registering this totally chaotic action, that something existed that was capable of removing its most devastating attack from this reality. Before its anger could fuel it to retaliate Odd's spear came at it, the angered legend swatting it away with its own physical hand, glowing with Ghostly energy. However the spear served well enough as a distraction as shadowy arrows of flame curved around and tried to assail it, XD002 throwing up a bubble of Light Screen to protect it, however it was surprised to see the flames slowly eating away at its defenses. While the ethereal fire wouldn't last long enough to get to it this revelation made the legend realize its powers were rapidly diminishing. She had to be the one to blame. If she didn't exist...

Next came the combined Icy Wind and Hurricane which would completely blow away the weakened Light Screen and caused Shadow Mewtwo struggle with holding its place in midair, but held it did, its power still great. Turning its focus back to the source of the drain on its power, whose presence risked his defeat, Shadow Mewtwo prepared to fire off another attack at Cera as it pointed a single finger at the Mew, intent on firing off a Signal Beam but for a very brief moment it find its self unable to move. Kaya's Fairy Lock had hit and bound him for but a split second which was enough for what happened next.

Reno's 'psychic goo fist' would come slinging at its head, clocking the Mega evolved Shadow Mewtwo straight across the jaw and while it hurt and caused its head to spin around the blow did little more than annoy it further as it sent a blast of Psychic from its very eyes at that insect of a wannabe Psychic. Once that was taken care of Shadow Mewtwo finally had a moment to put an end to that pink cretin and began to fire off a barrage of Shadow Ball at Cera, a smile actually cracking on its face, this moment of twisted happiness a sign that Cera really was affecting it just by being here if it could start to feel something like happiness, however dark.

Its moment of joy however was cut short as Leslie and her crew jumped in and threw up protective barriers around them and Cera, the Shadow Balls slamming against the barriers one after the other, relentlessly pelting them which such force that it shook the ground and the sound of their impact echoed on the inside. Despite their initial success the barriers wouldn't last long at all. Fortunately for them however someone on the outside had their back.

The explosive flashes of laugh from Beau and Zippo was enough to dazzle and blind Shadow Mewtwo, causing it to recoil back and shield its eyes. Annoying bugs they were, ones it would soon deal with as it left off a flash of energy of its own to counter, a burst of Shadow Mist to blot out that annoying light and dampen their explosions. However it was in that moment which Cera began to swell with power herself, the barriers around her shattering due to the force she was exerting, the scene looking similar to a Pokemon Mega evolving as she broke out of her crystalline-like coccoon, and perhaps she did Mega Evolve, into a form which XD002 feared the most; a fearless Mew bent on its destruction. It was that fear in Cera which kept Shadow Mewtwo alive, its on weakness at bay, and now seeing it floating down there, defiance and decided intent in her eyes, it was Shadow Mewtwo who now felt fear.

As Blizzard snatched up Cera and hurled the little pink proverbial kryptonite at it Shadow Mewtwo began to panic and started to swell with Shadow energy as it prepared to defend its self with a Shadow Blast and hopefully wipe out the one thing that threatens its existence. However Aile had other plans as a blinding Sandstorm swirled to life around it followed by a brain rattling Screech, along with a pelt of boulders. Frantically swatting them away telepathic Shadow Mewtwo tried to remain focused as it continue to charge up Shadow energy in both hands, each arm extended out as it prepared to slam them together and send the blast to meet the incoming Mew. However that was when Aile's sandy projection, Sand Wraith, appeared behind it and attempted to physically restrain. XD002 would flail wildly and unleash erratic blasts of Psychic energy from all around it, destroying the projection over and over again but Aile tenacity would not fail though she would not have to hang on for long as Cera fast approached and so would its end.

As Cera entered the orb of energy she created and both were now traveling for it the originator of XD002 could see more and more clearly as she approached the look of fear in Shadow Mewtwo's eyes. For that brief moment before it would all be gone Cera could see actual, almost childlike fear in the monster's eyes. In that moment their spirits, if you would, connected and Cera could feel the pain that XD002 had suffered throughout its entire existence. It was buried deep down, so far deep that not even it truly felt it, but there was a part of Cera in that creature, a part that could have became something else, but it was too late.

Shadow Mewtwo say something else, something that would make it feel actual sorrow in its final moments. It did not just see its impending doom in the form of Cera and her Supernova. No, it saw something else, something only it could. Flying towards it along with the Mew it saw the images of all her friends, here and distant. Every person, Hybrid, and Pokemon which helped her along the way, and helped defeat Shadow Mewtwo even if it had cost them their selves. So many connections were made to Cera, whether or not she knew it. So many bonds and for the first time in its existence XD002 realized the power these bonds could provide, bonds that it would have, and could have, never forged. It would be destroyed by something it never understood, and this made it sad.

Upon impact the two cosmically conjoined spirits would be severed and say farewell to one another inside the rainbow colored explosion of light and energy which rocked the entire Fairy Realm, and perhaps even the outside world, to its core. As it time stopped for her alone Cera would be allowed a moment to say goodbye to the other piece of her. Despite so much destruction it had caused in some ways it was still part of her, perhaps even what she could have become herself. A reminder that without her friends she could have succumbed to the darkness herself.

As the ball of energy exploded it rained down on the Fairy Realm fragments of rainbow colored light, the pieces of light restoring color vitality to the parts of the realm which they touched. Blades of grass perked up, limbs began to grow leaves, even the Pokemon and Hybrids touched by it would have their wounds healed. Floating in place where the explosion took place would be one heavily exhausted Mew, floating among the rain of rainbow energy and not a single sign of Shadow Mewtwo left behind. In fact the once darkened sky had returned to normal, the shadowy fissures torn into reality seemed to disappear during the flash of light. The Realm still suffered much damage and it would take time to heal but for now all was finally set right. The plague was defeated, the shadows banished.

As everyone began to assess the situation they would realize that the Tree of Life looked different. Now a glow azure blue in color its branches grew glowing orbs of light, each of them a different color of the rainbow. With Shadow Mewtwo presence gone, not just in the Fairy Realm but the entire world its self, the Tree of Life for the first time could give off life sustaining energy as it should. Everyone who would feel more 'right' as slowly things started to come back together, the concept of 'rightness' perhaps seeming foreign after all this time.

Exhausted himself Sub walked over to the floating Mew and looked up at her with a smile. He was proud of her, she finally did it. By breaking through her own fear she defeated the darkness that plagued them all. Some times it was the smallest creatures that made the biggest impacts on the world. And while the man was happy that this was all over he was still plagued by thoughts of his own role in the events that led to here. Some might say his actions here, and actions that led them to having a shot at defeating XD002 were more than enough penance for what he had previously done, but he didn't feel that way. No, things wouldn't truly be 'right' until he was gone. The true source of all this pain. But for now he would not let that specter bother him. Looking up at Cera with Nevermore squawking happily at her the man spoke. "Hey, you gonna just chill up there all day, you little pink rodent or you gonna come down here with us grunts and let us hail you as a hero?" The man said with a smile.

-----

Elsewhere, at some undisclosed location in the Orre region.

Ein was busy going about his work, moving some files from one office to another. As he approached a filing cabinet on the other side of the room he passed by a familiar chessboard, the very same one he used to mock Sub with, and failed to get the rise out of him which he desired. As he started to pass by the table and chessboard on top of it he would stop suddenly and stare down at it with a look of concern which soon turned to what seemed to be panic. The board was still set up with the pieces moved around to portray his 'game' with the Snagems, while he had fewer pieces it was clear to anyone who played chess that in just a few more turns he could claim checkmate easily, and there was little else those pathetic white pieces could do about it.

But that was not what he was focused on. No, what drew the mad scientist's attention was a single piece, the black figure which represented the queen in chess which to him represented his strongest piece in real life, Shadow Mewtwo. The black queen had fallen over at some point and rolled off the board, now laying on the floor underneath the table. None of the other pieces had been moved even a centimeter, how it got there he did not know but for whatever reason it troubled him deeply. Ein was a man of science, not of superstition, but something primal inside of him told him this was an omen, one he should pay great heed to.

"Professor Ein, where did you- professor? Something trouble you, sir?" Blusix would enter the room to see Ein staring urgently at the fallen queen, the former Hexagon Brother confused by the man's sudden pause and further confused by the unusual expression on the man's face. Ein wasn't known for having many emotional stats so seeing this was completely new to him.

"It's nothing." Ein snapped back at him as he flung his head back, kicking the queen to the side and resuming his march towards the filing cabinet. "Make sure S-22's upgrades are complete and further increase resources for the defense of Gateon Port." The Cipher leader ordered Blusix.

"But sure, after that last incident we already allotted so much to-" Blusix began to argue that they've secured Gateon Port more than well enough, but for whatever reason this was not good enough for Ein.

"Just do as I say you simpleton! Otherwise I'll put down those dogs you call brothers. Do not forget they only still live at my mercy!" Ein shouted back at him, another uncharacteristic outburst. Blusix would say no more, instead resigned to giving Ein a courteous bow before exiting the room, picking up the curious queen piece along the way without Ein seeing. Why he thought to do this he did not know, but something told him it represented something very important. Something big just happened.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:46 pm
Everything happened in an instant, but even in such a short time, Cera would be remiss if she didn't notice the fear Shadow Mewtwo had flashed. Despite, or even possibly because of the pain she could feel from it, she knew she couldn't afford to stop her attack. If even one event had differed between now and when all of this started, who knows what the outcome would've been. Perhaps it would be her on the side that Shadow Mewtwo was on, to be stopped in similar fashion. Or Ein's experiments would've seen her demise long before everything was in motion. Or maybe, somehow, there would've been a way to solve this without such drastic means.

But it was too late for "what if." Too late to consider choices. It had to go, for the sake of everyone and everything. All those remarks of how time seems to stop when something happens would see a bit of truth today, for her and Shadow Mewtwo alike.

"You know... if we'd met in a different way, I could've shown you what everyone's shown me in time. That if it wasn't for Ein..." Shadow Mewtwo would be the only one to hear those words in the moments it had left, right as the attack and Cera came crashing down. All at once, the energy from the gems Zac materialized had poured into the fairy realm and into the Tree of Life itself, followed by an almost palpable flux of psychic energy, perhaps the only thing keeping the Mew from collapsing on the spot and instead floating when everyone's vision cleared. Her back was turned to the others as she found herself staring at the tree, a few tears falling to the ground moments later.

"...maybe we could've saved you, too."

After a moment, Sub's remark would finally register, turning around to face him and everyone else as she lowered herself closer to eye level. Though a few tears still streamed down and fell, either because of what she had to do or what she felt right before Shadow Mewtwo was destroyed, her eyes gave off a faint, bluish glow. Probably a side effect from the excess energies in the area. "Right, sorry. But I'm no hero. I couldn't have done that without all of you... or this. Hah, I can't wait to see the look on that guardian's face when I say this 'stone' wasn't useless." Moving the scarf a bit would reveal the odd thing she was wearing and the crystal in it again. The closer inspection showed that it looked a lot like other Z-Crystals, save for the weird design in it: a Mew's tail, curled to look like a staff.

""Besides, save the celebrations until we've dealt with Ein. It's time we took the fight to him, and I'm done running. Though... how are we going to get out of here? I'm not familiar with this place."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:05 pm
I trudged along to meet up with everyone else, just barely in time to hear the exchange between Sub and Cera...or at least get the general gist of it. "Well, if anything Cera, you owned up to it, which is anyone could ask for." I said. Admittedly, at the moment, this actually put Cera a bit higher in my books than her brother, Aden, at the moment; me lamenting the fact that Aden cowered out long before now. It made the time with him for training and his journey throughout Johto feel kind of hollow. Then again, considering what we just went through and the fact that I nearly bailed out myself this day, despite the intentions to strike back later, kind of made my subsequent thoughts now...well...kind of unfair. For that matter, not everyone is cut out for this. The strength to defend does anyone no good if you don't have the will to face adversity that matches, if not overbears, it. Part of me kind of wonders if that was the problem the whole time now that I think about it. Bah, I'm an idiot. I wasn't going to say anymore on it than what I had...then again, Cera probably already knows what I'm thinking.

"At...any rate..." I said. "I have to concur...where's the exit? I'm about ready to sleep this day off like a bad hangover..."  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff