Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Nightmares of the past (Ciro/Judeau)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:06 pm
Ciro had been riding a nice high for the last few days. The storm that had brought him and the goddess of survival together had finally faded, bringing home the small cluster of ravens in its place. The purple female seemed to wear a smile on her beak, which only brought thoughts into the god of raids mind. He would have to ask the gray grump, when they were more alone.

Night time was already settled on the land, and Ciro found himself nestled up against Ngaule as she rested. The shuffling in the corner of the den caught his attention, and while he was careful not to wake the slumber goddess next to him, he moved slowly towards the avian. His head tilted as he watched him, a frown on his maw.

What was tormenting him? Should he wake him up?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The darkness was cold, haunting. In the darkness lurked shadows and monsters, nightmares of memories he wished he could forget. A betrayal and a horn shattered, a sister lost, a twin alienated, a friend fallen.

When the mortal Ciro found him, the raven god of penance was angry and broken, closed in by fear and distrust of the horrors of the mortal realm. At the lion's side, Judeau found friendship and peace, and soon even he saw that life moved on, friends came, villains were avenged, the night fades, and the sun comes again. And even the most closed off, begin to open up.

But in the darkness, the monsters loom waiting to strike; and when he closed his eyes, the nightmares return, and the purple demon that pursued him had turned pale.

In his sleep his voice was quiet, an unintelligible mutter, his body shaking as faced the monsters of his dreams. A wing twitched, as if lashing out at some unseen shadow, and suddenly--

"NOO!"

The raven woke with a start, a sharp caw, eyes suddenly wide, the unexpected sight before him sending him flailing from his perch. It was a moment before he recovered himself, a disoriented shake of his head, fighting the panic that had seized him.

It was only Ciro staring at him, only...the raven blinked, staring at the reborn god as the memory of the past days flooded back. A deep breath, a huff as he tried oh so hard to look grumpy (it should be noted he failed, miserably).

"You trying to give me a heart attack?"

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:42 pm
Amon Larethian

Ciro's eyes widened before narrowing at the scruffy raven's reaction to his nightmare. A frown settled on his maw as the bird awoke with a start, only to fail at appearing grumpy towards the god before him.

The god rolled his eyes as his large wings came in to swoop the bird, bringing him closer to Ciro as he lifted him up to his back. Not wanting to risk waking the girls, Ciro would carry Judeau out of their temporary den.

"You were having a nightmare." The god of raids said quietly once outside, away from the slumbering ears of Saki and Ngaule. "What was it about?" He asked quietly, stopping and laying down, Judeau still on him. He hadn't seen a nightmare plague another like it did to the gray raven. He wondered if others would get stuck in the chaotic dreamland too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:37 pm
Judeau grumbled a half-hearted protest as he found himself lifted from his feet, dropped on the god's back, and carried from the den. Who said he needed to be carried, you great big...there was something comforting in the lion's presence, a warmth in the feathers and mane of his perch.

He was quiet for a moment, a flutter of wings as he settle on top of the dark god's head, nesting into a familiar mane (though it seemed much fluffier than it had been before).

"A monster. A monster that took something precious from me."

His tone seemed to indicate it was far from the first nightmare haunted by said monster. A quiet sigh, the raven shivered against the night air, or was it the memory of a nightmare that had not quite released its hold.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:02 pm
Amon Larethian

Ciro let the raven get comfortable on his head, his ear flicking lazily as he listened to the somewhat distract avian. He let out a low sigh hearing Judeau’s words. A monster. Whether it was truly a monster, or someone in real life that could be the equivalent, Ciro didn’t quite know, but the way the raven had been prior to meeting the god (from the words of the purple avian he had bonded with), to how his reaction was the very day they had official met (again), the lion could likely deduce it had involved his past self in it.

The large god could feel the raven shiver atop his head, and his frown only increased. He shook his head slightly, trying to jolt the bird down to the ground. There, he could wrap his large paws or wings around him, get him warm or perhaps provide him comfort from the lasting nightmare. He didn’t remember if he acted this way before, but it seemed like the necessary gesture for the grumpy bird.

“Don’t worry. We will find this monster. We will put an end to him together.” Ciro might have not known who Judeau was referring to, nor had he had known the bird in general for a long (god) time. He felt a connection, just as he did with Ngaule. He needed to protect this bird, from physical and his own emotional state.

“Now, tell me Judeau,” Ciro said with a devious smirk, switching the subject, trying to distract the male. “Your little female friend seems a lot happier since the rain storm that held you two away.” He eyed the raven, a knowing smirk growing. “Did you two…do…anything?” He held back a chuckle.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:13 pm
Jostled from his perch, the raven settled near the god's paws, a faint huff of protest. Judeau would not have been often considered especially inclined toward physical affection, yet he found himself huddled against his newly reborn friend.

"Perhaps we will. Do you really remember nothing?"

A nod of his head, with any luck the murderous b*****d was already dead. Judeau hoped he suffered long and horribly from his curse before he died, he did not deserve a kind fate.

Judeau turned, shooting Ciro a most indignant glare, a huff as his feathers ruffled. Oh there was that familiar grumpy look he had given the lion so many times in his mortal life. Ignoring the heat rising to his cheeks, Judeau gave Ciro the grumpiest of grumpy glares.

"That is none of you business, fuzzy!"

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:47 am
Amon Larethian

Ciro shook his head. "Nothing really. Things seem...familiar. That storm I think tried to bring back memories? I just couldn't place them." He didn't mention his alone time with Ngaule also sparking something.

"I am starting to feel a tug though." The male advised. "That way," his head gestured in the direction of the Myrsky Syntynyt lands. "I will follow it...soon." The truth was, the closer the group got towards the Stormborn lands, the move of a pull Ciro had felt.

"Also, there is something about you," Ciro glanced at the raven. "I can't put my paw on it though," a hum rang through the air. "Like your hiding something under those feathers. More than your fun times with Saki." Ciro felt perplexed.

"But," he shrugged his shoulders, feeling himself rising to his feet, nudging his avian friend. "I'll figure it out. Has the nightmare effects worn off?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:53 pm
Judeau's eyes narrowed as he looked toward the storm lands in the distance. He had not returned to the lands since that day, it no longer felt like he belonged there. And...he was there, but perhaps the pale lion would be more wary of the raven now.

"Are you sure you want to go there? Some memories are best forgotten."

The raven would have not minded forgetting the face of the lioness who betrayed him and left him for dead.

"And just what do you think I would be hiding?"

A curious look, wondering if Ciro remembered seeing his true form, if he had any sense that he too was a god. Without thinking, a wing subconsciously raised to touch his own forehead, where his horn would have been in his true form, he was not certain he was ready to reveal his true self yet.

"You stay out of my business with Saki, and I'll not ask you about you and Ngaule."

Oh, you think he can't see it, the little looks? Hah, he's onto you fluff-for-brains! A fluffer of wings, Judeau hoped to Ciro's back, settling against his mane. The monster seemed to have faded from his thoughts for the moment.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:22 pm
Amon Larethian

Ciro found himself shrugging. "I don't know if I want to. It's more so that I need to? Something is there...I just don't know what?" His past life's family, old trinkets, his murderer. All things Ciro would figure out one day, just not tonight.

The gesture of wing to his forehead didn't go unnoticed, if anything it caused the male to quirk an eyebrow. "I don't know. But...I will get to the bottom of it." His nose twitch as he eyed the inside of the den again.

"We should head back in." Ciro murmured. Judeau could stay cuddled up next to him and Ngaule so his nightmares wouldn't plague him as much if he chose.

"...did you want to know about us?" Ciro asked slyly, apparently an open book on the subject. "I have nothing to hide with her. I'd say if you were larger and a god, or just a lion, you could join us," he chuckled, as if actually contemplating the subject.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:01 pm
"I suppose I will have to go with you then, someone has to keep you out of trouble."

There was a smirk on his beak, a hint of teasing laughter at the edge of his voice. He supposed if this Ciro was as good at finding trouble as the mortal Ciro had been, well, his life would certainly never be boring. Somehow, the raven was okay with that, clearly he had lost his mind.

Judeau nearly sputtered, a cough as for a moment he was stunned into near silence. If he were a god, ahem, if. His eyes widened, he was not sure what was more disturbing, the suggestion of a threesome with the goddess or the thought that Ciro might be on to him.

"I think Ngaule might have something to say about that."

It was not that Judeau had ever intended to lie to Ciro about who he truly was, but after so long he simply....felt more comfortable as a raven A raven was who he was.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:31 am
Amon Larethian

"Why does everyone keep saying that." Ciro grumbled. He wasn't a troublemaker! Yet, Anselm followed him for that reason, Ngaule had mentioned it, and now Judeau? What sort of life did he live previously?

The male huffed, frowning as he made his way back into the den.

"I don't know," he chuckled. He may have known the goddess previously, but he didn't know her well like he probably should have. Building new memories, right?

Once inside the den, the god quietly padded back to his resting spot next to Ngaule, he shimmied down beside her, with Judeau still atop his head. If it made the disguised god more comfortable, he could continue to rest there.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:30 am
"You died, I'd say it's justified."

Judeau stretched his wings, a yawn as made himself comfortable on his perch, nesting into the lion's mane. The god was warm and cozy, and Judeau found his eyes closing as he lowered his head to tuck under one wing.

"You better not roll over on me in your sleep."

His voice was a mutter, barely audible as he felt the pull of sleep. He shook his head as if to fight it, he should return to his own perch...and Saki...and...or maybe he'd just stay here and fall asleep where he was.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas