User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Winds pushed passed Bevroren Heuvel as he looked out into the world before him. He stood upon a rock and looked down into the land below. Sweet sounds came from the winds, but he could not understand what they were trying to tell him. Secrets, no doubt. He'd hold on to them, whatever they were meant to be. One day they'd present themselves to him. His cream eyes shined in the sunlight. Nothing looked more elegant than the tribal lion in the wind. His curly main flowing with every whisper given from the winds. If he listened carefully, he'd understand them.

His mind would not let him listen, however. Something was troubling him, and he couldn't figure it out.

Iksagyarjerit was passing by when she noticed Bevroren standing there. His mind seemed to be busy with something else. She raised a brow and moved towards him. Her intent was to scare him, but not too badly. She moved next to him. "Hello Bevroren." She started with a soft voice. Almost as soft as the wind flowing passed them.

"What is the wind saying today?" She asked him. He liked to think the wind could talk to him, and she found that fairly amusing. Though, who knows, maybe it could. She wasn't one to question his motives. Maybe he had some divine power she never understood. He was mysterious in his own ways sometimes.

He didn't jump when she made her presence known. He didn't even look at her, he was busy studying the land around them. For a good few minutes. Finally, his eyes moved towards her, just to see who exactly was disturbing him. "Iksagyarjerit.." was the only words that flowed out of his mouth. She was skeptical of his belief, but he didn't mind.

"Nothing that I can understand." he said finally turning his head towards her. She was smaller than him. He wasn't sure if he was just a big lion, or she was just tiny. Not that it mattered to him. "How do you fare this evening?" He asked her with a charming smile. The wind would not talk to him when he had company. It was bad manners after all.

That was always his answer, she felt. She suppressed rolling her eyes at him. She gave him a shrug. "I fare the same as always, Bevroren." She wanted adventure, but didn't know where to start it at. One day, he would make it happen. She was just a cub sitter, however. "Come, I don't think the winds will tell you anything of importance today." She said with a giggle

She started to move away from him without looking back. She knew he'd follow her, he'd follow her to the end of the world if she asked him to. She flicked her tail in his direction in an attempt to be a little koi. It was a strange thing, the connection they had. "You can tell me all about the wind today on the way to getting some food" She wasn't much of a hunter, but time to time she got lucky. Today was one of those days.

He did what she expected. With no hesitation he was right behind her. Ignoring her tail flick at him as he caught up to her side. She was a strange female, he decided. There was something about her, however. She meant something more to him than he could begin to say. He wasn't sure why, but she was part of him.

"Did you catch something, then?" He chuckled. Normally they ate what the pride brought back here and there, but sometimes she would manage to catch something just for the two of them. It always seemed sweeter when that happened. He wasn't a killer at all, he couldn't catch something if his life depended on it. He listened and healed. The way of life for him.

"I did!" She said with pride. "Surprising, huh?" She beamed with pride from the fact that she had done something good for once. She did a little skip here and there unable to contain what excitement she had in revealing her tasks of the day. While her true talent was looking after little ones, she also felt it was important to try to learn something new. And she wasn't so bad at hunting. She just.... messed up sometimes.

"Maybe you'll have to teach me how to hunt." he said, though it really wasn't something he planed on learning. She knew he wouldn't want to do it, but if she wanted to, he suppose it wouldn't hurt to try a little. Maybe. He'd find a way out of it.

His stomach growled. He didn't realize how hungry he had gotten and was now glad that she had come to get him for a snack. Luckily, the sound wasn't too loud to where she might have heard it "We should hurry, I might starve to death on the way there." He chuckled.

Iksagyarjerit laughed but didn't say anything. She led them where she had found the kill. It had taken a bit of time to get back to it, just because the trees and the rocks here and there. The wind blew hard at them a few time, but other than that the sun was high and there were hardly any clouds. The day was quite nice, if she had to say anything.

Perhaps that was why she caught something. Good omens all around. Maybe the winds gave them their blessing. She chuckled to herself at that thought. Who would know exactly what the gods would say to them through the wind? Or if they even used the wind to talk to them in the first place.

It was a strange thought, at least.

He enjoyed life the most when he was with her, yet he had yet to tell her that. Assuming she just knew that. He wouldn't have gotten very far in life it hadn't been for her. He flicked his tail and looked at her with admiration. He could see that she was very pleased with the meal she got them, and he would enjoy it quite well.

"Thank you" He said to her as they got there and she showed him the boar she had caught them both. It would be quite a good meal for them..

Finished
[Words: 1,057: Word counter thing I use]