[Log] The trauma (Caly and Middy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:17 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Asuka had worked very hard to take down the strong male zebra by herself, she had eaten her fill and then promptly she had fallen asleep underneath a huge baobab tree. It's branches spread up and up to the sky as if it was some sort of spirit and that gave her some comfort were as she was otherwise a female wandering alone in the rogue lands. Which was not always easy it took strength and determination to be a rogue. Then again Asuka wasn't sure she wanted it any other way. Did she want to live in a pride and follow their rules and not travel anymore? She couldn't say for certain only time would tell where her path in life would take her.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:18 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Nissim lazily strolled across the plains, not having enough energy to hunt, but not tired enough to sleep.. He huffed, stretching in the sunlight, when he spotted a large zebra, dead on the ground. Perfect.

Scavenging may be a bit humiliating, but it was best in the long run when you had energy defend yourself against other prides, or to take down an even better animal later on. He didn’t scavenge as a primary food source, but with such a nice kill out for the taking.. it was hard not to be interested.

He looked around as he slowly walked towards the zebra, seeing no other creatures in sight besides the retreating herd and some nearby vultures. Good. He then trotted over to the body, seeing as it had been slightly eaten.. then his eyes fell upon another body. One of a lioness. Interesting.

She looked dead, lazily sprawled beside the zebra, blood coating her body. Her maw was wide open and her tongue lolling, not really convincing him that he was alive. Well, better for him if she was dead, no one to compete with over the corpse.

Might be best to make sure she is dead first though, so he won’t get a surprise attack..

Nissim tentatively walked around the lioness’ body, going up to her face. Watch the claws, don’t want to get slashed if she is alive..

After a moment of inspection, he gently hit her ear, trying to see if he could wake her. It didn’t seem to work, so he simply nudged her body with a claw, turning her head in his paws. She did seem quite warm if she was dead..  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:00 pm
Asuka was sleeping peacefully she had no reason to think that someone would bother her, which was foolish on her part she should have been sleeping with on eye open, after all, she was living in the rogue lands, not in a pride with guards watching her back. Scavenging would have been an easier answer than trying to take down the zebra by herself, but she had wanted fresh meat so she was now resting from her exertion. As the male came closer she continued to sleep, far too tired to get up at the moment. She had no idea how foolish she looked to the male who had come across her by chance. When the male touched her she jumped to her paws and screamed. "What are you doing!!??" She rubbed her paw over her face smearing the blood of the zebra on herself more. She must have looked like a nightmare sight. Her purple fur marked red. "Who are you?" She frowned looking the male over clearly he was there for the food but then if she was sleeping so heavily why didn't he just take it instead of bothering her while she was fast asleep? That was the question in her mind.  
MiddyGlow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:01 pm
Rolling for meta event

7. Is that a...tornado? A little lion-sized one? Maybe uh...maybe stay away from that. Or not, and get picked up and thrown several feet, and have fun with the scrapes and bruises and possible broken bones.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:33 pm
Nissim did not flinch when the lioness leapt to her feet, only blinking when she started screaming. So, she was alive.. Shame. Hopefully he could convince her to part with the remains, as he wasnt up for hunting..

"Oh, you aren't dead. Interesting." He noted, looking curiously at all the blood coating her. Such irresponsible behavior, its surprising that she hadn't attracted a whole pack of hyenas by now. She could've atleast cleaned herself up, its not surprising that Nissim thought her as deceased. "You have a rather large portion of zebra left. I was checking to see if you were its victim or its murderer." The star speckled lion said casually, lazily walking towards the zebra.

Nissim raised an eyebrow at the second question. "While it doesn't quite matter, as with your actions, youll be dead soon enough, I am Nissim. One of the last of my pride, the Onyo-nke-Chi, though I am currently a rogue." He decided to explain, not seeing the harm in doing so. Its not like his pride had enough members to have enemies anymore..

Suddenly, he heard panicked screeches of nearby birds, and a rapid flaps of wings. Looking over, he saw a small tornado coming their way. Maybe nothing too major, but still problematic.. "Ah. A tornado is headed in our direction. While I would love to stay and chat with you over who you are as well, it may be best to evacuate the area. Your choice." He said, an uncomfortably calm demeanor gracing his features. Nissim looked back down at the zebra, sighing internally. Hopefully he can find it again when the tornado dissipated, but for now, it was time to leave.

"Follow me if you'd like. Or don't. It doesn't really affect me either way." He shrugged, and started to trot off towards a cave, slowly picking up his pace as he went. The oncoming threat of a tornado didnt seem to bother him too dearly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:22 am
Asuka cocked her eyebrow "Are you blind or something? I was breathing as I slept my chest rises and falls does it not? I am not a zombie you fool." She said frowning at the strange male that had interrupted her nap. She rolled her eyes "I am fully capable of taking down a zebra by myself, I certainly would not die at the hooves of such a creature I am not a cub." She said sharply. She looked at him. "What do you mean I will be dead soon enough? Are you insane?" She grumbled and rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she tried to gather her thoughts after a hard hunt and an unwelcome interruption of this insane male. "I am Asuka oh insane Nissim, and I have always been a rogue I do not have a family to speak of nor do I know of the Onyo-nke-Chi." She saw the tornado, of course, she would move out of its way, the zebra corpse, on the other hand, couldn't be moved unless they moved it or the tornado threw it which was likely to happen. "Of course I'm going to move out of the way." She rolled her eyes and moved away as fast as she could, being hit by rocks in the process. When she was far enough away she saw the tornado pick up the zebra and toss it a few hundred feet when it landed she was pretty sure if it had been alive it would have died. Proof to her that they had moved out of range of the spinning death trap was fitting and needed. She looked around to see if the crazy male had survived even if he didn't care about her at all. Blood trickled down her cut from a cut she recived from one of the stones that had hit her it stung a little.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:50 pm
Nissim watched from the cave as the tornado threw up bushes and animals alike, seeing it fly off into the distance. As he watched, he saw that the female had survived, with minor cuts. Hmm, sturdier than he thought. That lioness was a curious one, so defensive and loud.. It gave him a headache, honestly, but it was worth looking into. Being a rogue for so long is no easy task for a lion, especially a lone female. It’s a surprise that no pride would’ve tried to pick her up by now.. Well, maybe with such an aggressive attitude to her, she may have warded off potential mates or prides. He’s surprised she isn’t dead by now just because of that, as most lions don’t take kindly to being openly insulted, especially large males like him. She had guts. Maybe not brains, but guts.
She seemed to stop near his cave, so he found it reasonable enough to keep questioning her. Besides, the zebra hadn’t been thrown too far, and he still wanted it.
The star speckled lion trotted back over to Asuka silently, standing behind her and looking at her wounds. Minor cuts, yes.. “Looks like you survived. With minor injuries, at that.” He observed, most likely startling the lioness from speaking directly behind her. He didn’t seem to see the issue with it though, circling her to check for more wounds. “Only one. Hmm. You’ll survive.” He shrugged, and looked towards the zebra. Think she’d let him have it..? “By the way, I only woke you to be courteous. I wished to see if you were finished with the meat or not, instead of simply dragging it off or killing you in your sleep for it.” Nissim said bluntly, completely emotionless in his tone.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:51 pm
Asuka looked the male over it was clear that he had survived as well. "Yes the weather in the rogue lands has been very odd lately, if you don't stay on your toes you die simple as that." She shook her head at his odd behavior she wasn't sure why he was looking at all at her wounds since he didn't care about her life, unless he planned to eat her ifs she did die. "Yes I will live, larger animals can wound a lone attacker as well, that does not necessarily mean death." She shook her head "No you didn't you thought I was dead and just strange enough to want to poke the body, do you eat dead lions?" She chocked her eyebrow at him.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:17 am
"I do agree, the environment in the Rogue Lands has been quite peculiar. Very unnatural, judging off the past few years.. It may be the Gods' doings.. Punishment, perhaps?" He wondered aloud, looking towards Asuka. Considering how defensive the last few cats he had encountered had been, he wouldn't be surprised.. This one seemed promising, though. Didnt attack first, which most likely means she is more bark than bite. It was quite amusing, really..
Did this Asuka really not see how fatal wounds could be? "Well, you are correct, but a disease can quickly finish off a wounded lion.. Even if it is only a small scratch.." Nissim trailed off, looping back around to the cut, slowly looking up to meet Asuka's cold glare.
She thought him a cannibal? He really was doing well on his image, then. Why not have a little fun..
The star speckled lion went up behind Asuka slowly, his maw right beside her ear. He had a very slight grin on his face, unnoticeable unless you knew him well. "If you do not die to infection, you can meet the cold embrace of death many other ways. It is wise to always be wary, no matter the circumstances. In the Rogue Lands, you may actually find a lion who wishes to consume your flesh." He warned, his voice having dropped to almost a deep growl, his warm breath assaulting her ears. Oh, this was fun..  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:25 am
Asuka frowned "I'm not sure about that even a petty reason is a reason to make others suffer if you are a god but why would they punish the rogue lands? We are not a united pride." She thought a moment and said "Perhaps they are fighting each other and this is the fall out on the little bugs they don't think about." She suggested. She shook her head "If you know the right herbs and know where to find clean water, wounds can be treated, these are things you should know." She shivered at the thought it was creepy and she wasn't sure if he was serious, this male was very strange indeed. "Well it has been interesting talking to you but I should be going."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:56 pm
Nissim raised his eyebrows, sensing the venom in her tone. "A little distaste towards the Gods, I see. Careful, that is something that will get you killed. Not that I heed my own advice.." He thought aloud, listening to her go on. Hmm, if she left, he could get the food.. Right, she's still talking.
"Oh, I am quite aware, but not everyone knows the difference in herb, as one small mistake can leave you dead in a bush." He noted. She seemed to be offput by him, how interesting.. Quite hypocritical, considering how unnecessarily venomous she has been to him.. But, he tolerated it, as he did want to learn more about these rough cats. They were funny, to him. So many different personalities and ideals, all lost and alone in one place.. "I should say the same to you, lady Asuka. You have quite the fierce personality." Nissim said, then stretched, going to turn back to the zebra that had been tossed. "May we meet again in better circumstances. Good luck, and find a more secure spot to sleep next time." He winked, then trotted off towards the corpse.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:59 pm
Asuka couldn't help but laugh at the last thing that Nissim had said he was a strange male indeed, handsome and very focused on his own needs and focused on what he wanted which wasn't a bad thing per say, being too giving in the rogue lands was a good way to get killed. She watched him leave after winking at her strange lion indeed, but perhaps they would meet again some day.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces