[PRP] At your order (Ebbe/Ashiki)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Maybe he was in a bit...shell shocked with the news. He shouldn't have been, but he was. Delphi was...She was... The normally stoic male sucked in a deep breath of air, letting it out to try to calm his nerves. She was pregnant, with his cubs. He had once been a family lion, but the earth shake that destroyed their pride, destroyed his family. Never did he think that would happen to him again. But, with a wish (maybe a command) from his Queen, Ebbe obliged in picking a suitable partner to continue his lineage. If it was not for his benefit, it was for his pride. The future deserved strong lions, and while not everything was guaranteed, with the mingling of lines perhaps it gave a stronger will?

Ebbe hated having to go bother the Queen while she was in this state. She had been considered a close friend for the male, and he wouldn't change that. However, her injuries still caused mental anguish on what he couldn't protect.

Still. She deserved to know, before the rest of the rumors started to fly around the pride. The Monarch's Claw had knocked up his Apprentice. How well would that be taken amongst the Scars, Shields and Claws of the pride. A thought, Ebbe groaned, he did not want to have to think about.

Felyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Queen had not been well since the arrival of her cubs. Of course, she had not been that well since before their arrival either. She had survived their birth and arranged a wet nurse to diminish some of the strain on her body but she could feel the strange way her body felt sapped of energy even after she slept. The birth had been hard and long and even she, a female not acquainted with the knowledge of a healer, could tell that something was not quite right with it or herself.

Now more than ever she was beginning to feel the countdown in her days even as those around her thought the worst of it had passed. Surely she would rebound now that there was no more strain upon her? She heard them talking amongst themselves with hopeful tones in their voices even if they did not believe it in their hearts. She was still losing weight, still bleeding when she ought not to be, but nothing would take her dignity away from her.

Today, with the help of the guards they always kept at her den, she had crawled out and into the sunshine of her overlook. It felt good to draw energy from the sun above her and tonight she would stay out here to look up to the ancestors for as long as Azisa would allow her to be awake. It made her smile whenever the Princess got so fussy; she would be an asset to Khethiwe if he ever broke free of his new chains. She supposed, if he didn't, that Amachwane would need that fiery girl even more.

The dusky Queen was roused from her daydreams and musings as a familiar orange figure came plodding towards her along the high walk leading up to her den. His thick, blonde mane was what first drew her attention but all in all, he was a difficult male to ignore. She pulled a smile into place; she was genuinely pleased to see him even if his face was as typically sour as it ever was.

"What a surprise, my Claw, I don't remember summoning you today." It was a jest at his expense - she did not look upset in the slightest at his presence.

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:55 am
Felyn

If there was one thing Ebbe could always consider Ashiki, was a friend. She would always be his Queen, but that camaraderie would always be there for him. When his orange gaze fell upon her form, the frown the male had always worn deepend. He knew she had her cubs, but he hadn't seen her in what seemed to be ages. She just didn't look good. It pained Ebbe's heart. No matter how hard he was trying in the pride, he couldn't protect his Queen from the unknown battle her own body was causing her.

The male was silent as she spoke, continuing to watch her sluggish movements. His gaze found her emerald one, as he flashed a hesitant look. For a lion like Ebbe, hesitation was dangerous. He didn't care for the feeling, but he had reason for it.

"I...wanted to let you know some news, before the ravens or any other source got to you first." Ebbe said quietly, his tail flicking slightly behind him as he recomposed himself.

"Your kin will have their protectors." Ebbe said cautiously. "The blood of the Ukuhlwa'Izwe will remain strong. Not only with the current broodlings on the ground but...to those arriving soon too." His words were cryptic, but Ashiki could likely see through them. She could always see through the male.

In Ebbe's mind, it was his way of saying, 'I am going to be a father...again.'  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:49 am
Although the Queen's body was failing her, her mind still seemed as sharp as a knife. The moment that he neared her she realized he was not quite himself. The large, rugged male was hesitant and shying, quiet when he was always emboldened. It made her raise an eyebrow as he stopped before her but she said nothing until he was ready to speak. If Ebbe could not find his words she was not going to force him.

Of course, as he finally spoke, she wasn't quite expecting the words he murmured.

"That pleases me," she said first, immediately, flicking her tail in consideration before she let her eyes swing back out to the view of the pridal lands she was afforded from her perch. The next generation was going to be strong and capable and there were plenty enough of their elders and strongest left to guide them even if she, herself, might not be able to.

"Is it Niruzu's daughter? The one that was there for the attack?" It was the only female she had ever seen him close to and he was not wrong, she had heard.. whispers. Even when she could not walk among her pride she still had eyes and ears everywhere. Though her face remained forward, her eyes slid sidelong to him.

"You do not sound that pleased, you know."

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:09 am
Felyn

Niruzu's daughter? Ebbe had to search his memory to see if that was the name of Delphi's father, perhaps mentioned in one of their earlier encounters. He nodded when she clarified if she had been the one there for the attack.

"Yes." He stated. "Regardless of her being my apprentice," or...apprentice at the time? would she continue to do so once the cubs were born? "I figured her to be the most suitable partner." The line seemed rehearsed, even for Ebbe's standards. There was a different feeling there, one he never expected to experience again after the death of his previous mate, and two children.

The thought scared him. Feelings he had been trying to hide for so longer had started to resurface.

"It's not that I am not pleased." Ebbe began. "I am quite content knowing I have fulfilled your orders of continuing my own lineage to help the pride." Always one to put work over anything else, of course Ebbe would have used his Queen as an excuse.

"I...just wasn't expecting the news so...suddenly." Maybe at a different time, Ebbe would have been more elated. But they were still experience aftermath of the war. How could he properly raise children when the pride was struggling too? He could only split himself so many different ways.

Ashiki was likely the only feline that could get the hesitant words from the otherwise stoic male. "I don't think I expected to feel the way I do about her, you know? Cubs or not." The almighty warrior had started to crumble. Between lack of adequate sleep and the constant go, and now this news, it was to be expected.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:18 pm
The Queen sat in silence as Ebbe struggled his way through admitting his feelings and concerns. She studied his face as he gave her a line too-well rehearsed and let her gaze pick out the way his jaw tensed whenever he let it close too long. There were not many things left to her these days, her lack of energy and weakened state saw to that, but her mind was still sharp for now and she could not have missed the anxious state of her Claw even in this state of being.

"Ebbe, you are too hard on yourself, you know. I, for one, am entirely unsurprised that you feel the way you do about her."

Ashiki did not seem at all shocked by his admission. Her face was calm as she watched him through those acidic green eyes, looking for all the world as if she had seen this future as clearly as a vessel might.

"You would not choose just anyone to be the mother of your children. You put value in strength and dedication and hold even yourself to ridiculous standards. Now," she laughed, shaking her head, "do not get me wrong. All of those qualities have served me and this pride very well over the years but what that really means is that you would never risk your lineage on someone you deemed less than worthy of it. You feel the way you do for the same reasons you made that choice."

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:57 pm
Felyn

Ebbe grunted when Ashiki mentioned he was too hard on himself. His ears perked forward, surprised that she was not surprised about his confession. And here he thought he was hiding it well!

...It was Ashiki he was talking too. Perhaps she was more of an exception. Ebbe continued to tell himself this, although there was now an inkling in his mind of 'how many other's knew?'

He continued to listen, looking away from his Queen as she spoke of his qualities. It had been a long time since had the feelings that seemed to be oozing out from every orifice. Could this be a positive sign for his future? For their future, his and Delphi? The male let out a sigh, flashing a rare small grin towards Ashiki. "I guess I can't argue with that." He said, a small chuckle escaping his lips.

But enough with his problems. The quick smile he held was replaced with a frown, as his fiery orbs found themselves taking his the thinning monarch. "How have you been faring in this time?" Ebbe had put himself in his work so much, he rarely visited the aging queen. Only when he was called.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:08 am
The rare smile and laugh from her claw pulled a smile from the Queen herself. It did a little to ease the tension that wound her shoulders tight and beat back a little of her worry for him. Without her, he would inevitably lose his position and even though she had no doubt that her Claw would not choose to simply retire as a Wise One, she had worried that he might not find his purpose again. It seemed that her command and this lioness that she had never even met might give him that purpose back; Ebbe would train his cubs to be fierce and fearless.

"Me?" her wandering mind stilled and the smile on her face turned sad for the briefest of moment before she averted her gaze from him to hide her worries. "Not well, my old friend, not well. I can feel my strength leaving me every day. I am trying to hold out for Kethiwe but my body is not as strong as my will. The ancestors call me in my dreams."

It was blunt and honest. Her eyes swung back to him, fierce, vivid and full of every ounce of fire she had ever held.

"I am not gone yet, though."

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:26 am
Felyn

Ebbe shook his head, expecting the answer from the Quuen, even though he had willed he didn't. Just as he couldn't hide his underlying emotions, the look of sadness did not go unnoticed. She didn't look well at all, and her words only confirmed it. "You are certainly giving the ancestors a fight." He wouldn't have expected anything less from his Queen, and any blood of the Ukuhlwa'Izwe for that matter.

He couldn't help but smirk at her final statement. "Aye, indeed you are not," he chuckled slightly. "I will remain hopeful that the ancestors back down in beckoning you home. However, it will be understood when that time comes. Kethiwe will return, and once he does, he has my claws until a successor is in my place for him." Would Delphi remain his apprentice now that she was with cub? A discussion he needed to have with the female too, soon.

Ebbe would lay his life down for the pride, the royal family and soon, his own kin. He had already been kicking himself for his inability to assist much in the war, and his mind riddled with if he could have, would the outcome have been any different? .  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:29 pm
"I know that I can count on you, Ebbe." It was a simple reality - there was not a moment in her days where she feared her Viziers would do ought to jeopardize what she had built here. They had all been chosen because of their loyalty to her and they would continue to serve her until the moment that she was no longer with them. Ancestors above willing, that would not be too soon. She was tired but she felt she had so much left to hold on for.

"Until he returns, Amachwane will be my voice, even if I pass. I have given my other Viziers the same instructions though, my Claw. Should any in this pride decide that they do not want to wait until Kethiwe returns, at least without the seers affirming his death, then they will be taken care of on the spot - even if it is one of my own children."

When she spoke those words to Kat, her soul had not even flinched. This was the way of the Outlands and there was an order they adhered to.

"I will not have this pride squabble when I leave this Earth."

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:13 am
Felyn

If not part of the Outlands, Ebbe probably would have countered the Queen's words. However, Ebbe had grown here, learned the ways, and thus, the spoken order did nothing but cause a quirk of his eyebrow.

"Aye." He agreed to it. Ashiki had worked hard to rebuild the pride from the ground up, in her absence, he would not let it fall. Especially now, knowing his legacy was about to continue within it.

"It will not. Even on my own dying breath will I make sure to keep order." Ebbe was getting older, however. Unfortunately, with every new brood that was trained released more strength than the Monarch's Claw had. Still, he would keep to his words.

"I will let you rest, my Queen." Ebbe said softly. "Continue to give the ancestors a fight." He bowed his head to the queen, before turning to leave.  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games