Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 pm
To some, it would have seemed like W'dre hadn't changed at all in the last few months. He was as distant from his fellow wingriders as he'd been before he'd been introduced to Vedra, still just as adverse to social visits after drills and sharing just as little of his personal life as before. Though the observant few could easily have grabbed hold of his going-ons in rough estimation - the change in weyrs, both rider and dragon's attentiveness towards a certain goldrider pair, and the more strange sightings of the man with his daughter. Vedra was perhaps the biggest and most noticeable upheaval in his life to those looking in from the outside.

Which truly was how he preferred it. He'd rebuilt his walls to suit the entry of Vera and Vedra, even leaving enough space for that lingering unknown that all he could know was that he'd love them all the same.

That he masked such curling anxiety about that unknown was a secret that was kept only inside the walls. Soon. Try to not be beside yourself about it all, Dormith urged W'dre as they settled in on the ledge that was shared with Serenath after morning drills. He'd elected to come see Vera in place of a solitary lunch, a rather frequent decision lately. "Serenath," W'dre greeted the gold, allowing Dormith to give her more attentive interest as he stepped inside instead.

"I'm back. Were you just getting used to me being gone and realizing you liked it more?" he announced though it wasn't full of any boisterous fanfare. It was still a joke. Mostly.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:32 am

"DADDY!" Vedra shrieked with excitement, leaping up from her little chair to cling on to her father's legs. "Daddy." Because today was the day of only one word at a time. Clearly.

Serenath gave a welcoming warble to the pair, raising her golden head to observe them. How amusing. It seemed that W'dre had a small cling on. However, she turned her head to regard her rider as the woman approached. Seven months pregnant now - it wouldn't be too long, just a couple months more. Serenath loved hatchlings, and was excited to meet the new one.

Vera, for her part, was a bit over the entire experience. She walked towards W'dre, aware that there was far more of a waddle involved than she might like. "I had been, yes, until I realized that I would have to explain to Vedra why her two favorite people were absent." There was the slightest curve of a way, tired smile upon her lips. "Your children are very active." The hand upon her belly indicated that the little one had been kicking again.

demon_pachabel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 am
"Hey there, sweet girl," W'dre leaned to rest a hand on Vedra's head, brought to a standstill by her eager clinging. "Have you been up to anything fun today?" he asked, carefully untangling the 2-year-old so he could carry her instead. That he could use his legs again was a bonus effect.

Balancing their daughter in one arm against his side, W'dre gently placed his hand next to Vera's, leaning in to kiss her cheek. "And what a tragedy that would have been," he sympathized before looking down where their hands rested, his thumb idly brushing over the side of her hand. "Little one is getting more and more excited to meet us all, I'm sure," even if it wasn't entirely true he liked to think it.

"What about you? How are you feeling?" it was a question he asked maybe more than he should have - though it was less out of a suspicion of frailty on Vera's part and more of an overeager interest in making sure she wasn't wanting for anything within his power to give.

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff