Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baharimtoto Pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:27 am
User Image
The Mwezifichika

Start Date: February 2nd 2019 (12:01PM - EST)
End Date: February 28th 2019 (11:59PM - EST)

"The Time of No Moon..."

It was a period that was often regarded with fear by those who were more traditionally inclined. A period in which the moon ceases to be visible, or is scarcely visible, and the land succumbs to the whims of the Ocean and all within it.

The Former King had a plan in order to encourage those within society to embrace it. While it was a frightening and uncertain times, it was better not to fall completely towards superstition and instead, to embrace it as an opportunity.

There had been speculation that Shui would continue with the desired fear mongering in regards to this spectacle, and yet much to the surprise of those who had come to expect little of him, it seems that he has looked towards this tradition with much the same view as his father would have wanted.

Rather than succumb to fear he has decided to encourage something different, to encourage a moment within the pride when each individual both new and old has the opportunity to talk. A time in which they can tell tales both true and from mythos, to explain how they might see the world and the very ocean itself.

...It may not be enough to heal the rifts, but it is his hope that as the pride comes together to tell these tales, they find comfort in one another and forget that the moon's light has temporarily receded.

This mini-meta will have nothing to do with the current political state of the pride as it's a seasonal meta. Note that your character can definitely talk about that if they would like, but there won't be a focus on it. I'd like to give people a breather on this one for now.

The Rules and Info
  1. Be respectful of others.
  2. As mentioned above, there's no politics in this event.
  3. You may edit your entries up until the closing date of the meta.
  4. Everyone is permitted to enter all events, there are no restrictions.
  5. You may only win one prize.
  6. The prizes must remain in the Bahari'mtoto, they cannot leave unless the pride disbands.
  7. Entry dates are for the entire duration of the festival, so you have plenty of time!
  8. Meta dates are subject to change but shouldn't change all being well.

Baharimtoto Pride

Baharimtoto Pride

Of Myth and Legend...
Tell me a story from where your SoA hails, one of myth or legend... Perhaps even one that is simply inspired and your SoA is its point of origin. It can be a tale of wonder and miracle, or tragedy and despair; of lands near or lands far beyond prying eyes.

There are no limits on the tales that can be spun, and in some cases, the lessons that can be learned from them.

Is this a tale aimed towards adults, children or both?

It's up for you to decide...

~~~~~~~~~~

To Enter
Entries should be posted in this thread!

[color=darkblue][size=14][b]Stay a while and listen...[/b][/size][/color]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]If a Bahari'mtoto Tale, would you like to have in adopted into their lore?[/b] Yes/No
[b]The Spun Tale:[/b]
No more than 800 words please! You can go slightly over if need be, just not by too much.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Prize (The Important Bit)
User Image
She can hail from anywhere you like (including as an original member) but she would have joined the Bahari'mtoto a while ago if she was an outsider and therefore wouldn't be new. This is the only detail you need to keep for this lovely lioness.

On the Horizon...
Tell me a story from where your SoA hails, one of myth or legend... Perhaps even one that is simply inspired and your SoA is its point of origin. It can be a tale of wonder and miracle, or tragedy and despair; of lands near or lands far beyond prying eyes.

There are no limits on the tales that can be spun, and in some cases, the lessons that can be learned from them.

Is this a tale aimed towards adults, children or both?

It's up for you to decide...

~~~~~~~~~~

To Enter
Entries should be posted in this thread!

[color=green][size=14][b]I saw you on the horizon...[/b][/size][/color]
[size=10][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Lioness Name:[/b]
[b]Lioness Official Rank:[/b]

[b]Does she have a different 'role' or duty on the islands?[/b] Yes/No
[list][b]If yes, what is it?[/b]
[b]Would you like for that to be some day be official as a rank?[/b] Yes/No
[b]Would it be limited or restricted?[/b] Yes/No
[b]What would the restrictions be?[/b] These can't be unreasonable, be sensible if they exist! [list]

[b]What's she like?[/b]
Personality blurb, no more than 400 words please! [/size]

~~~~~~~~~~

The Prize (The Important Bit)
User Image
She's an original member and hails from one of the islands that exist just across the sand bar. That's the only information you need to retain, the rest is up to you!

Baharimtoto Pride

Baharimtoto Pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:35 am
The Mwezifichika - Of Myth and Legend

Open RP - Welcome to Everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:35 am
Spare Post

Baharimtoto Pride

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:41 pm
I saw you on the horizon...
Username: MangoMeow
Lioness Name: La’ei [which is Samoan for a love of fashion]
Lioness Official Rank: Kinengwe

Does she have a different 'role' or duty on the islands? Yes
    If yes, what is it? A diver/underwater collector of food and treasure below the sea, including kelp, fish, pearls and oysters, crabs, etc.
    Would you like for that to be some day be official as a rank? Yes
    Would it be limited or restricted? No
    What would the restrictions be?
    - If it were restricted, possibly an rp with another diver showing the lion/ess how to swim or training underwater?
    - Kinengwe as a prerequisite for becoming a diver, since it’s a more specified form of “hunting”.

What's she like?
      A lover of water, La’ei is practically a fish with how much time she spends around the ocean. If she ever somehow obtained gills, she likely wouldn’t ever leave it. As it is though, she makes due by having trained herself to hold her breathe for long periods of time, and makes use of it by gathering supplies and fishing for her fellow islanders.

She is a vain one though, prideful to her core and a bit stuck up when it comes to outsiders. After all, they don’t hold the same beauty, talent and charisma that an islander like herself was born with. She is trying to be more open towards the Bahari though, as they are, for all intents and purposes, islanders as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:18 am
(If I'm selected I'd be more than happy to re-word it with help of the pride owner to better fit the pride. I tried looking at the "history" of the pride and couldn't really find a whole lot (or maybe I'm blind) either way I'm up to tweaking this a bit if chosen!)

Stay a while and listen...
Username: AstoriaFallen
If a Bahari'mtoto Tale, would you like to have in adopted into their lore? Yes
The Spun Tale:
The lioness stood before a group of small cubs and smiled, waving a paw she enticed them to settle down.

"I'm going to tell you the story of how we were born of the sea...."

Eyes wide with curiosity the lioness began.

"Once, long before you and I were even a mere thought, there was nothing but the sea. It spanned as far as the eye could see with no end in sight." Watching as they calmed down she continued on. "One day the goddess of the sea grew tired of her watery home and made the mountains rise from the depths, creating land. Upon it she allowed her creatures to move forth, though since they had fins and a tail, it was hard for them to walk upon land. These sea lions were content with living upon the shore for a time but after a while they wished to know more of the lands. The goddess called upon another god to give form to her children so that they may walk upon the land and upon them they were blessed with legs and fur, so as to protect them from the elements. That was how the sea lions became lions of the land. Still they had an affinity for water so they never ventured far from the shores for when the tide was right they were able to return to their sea home if they ever wished it."

A cub seemed confused, "So they were given this gift without a price?" It seemed hard to believe.

Smiling, "Ah, but there was a price. They were never to speak ill of the sea or venture far enough that they were unable to taste the salt in the air or they would become unable to take their water form ever again and be forever cursed to the lands that had been given to them.

And so it happened that as the generations went on there were those that had yet to witness this miracle that was gifted up on their family and decided that they wanted to forth and venture into the wild world. When they returned home a few moons later their family was saddened because they would never be able to join them into the sea ever again. Those few that had left the sanctuary of their home watched as their families returned to the sea, uncertain as to if they would ever come back again.

They set up a home not far from there and kept a watchful eye upon the shore's waiting and watching to see if perhaps they would ever come back....

And that is how our pride came to be."

"That can't be true." A cub exclaimed, another was all for it.

"Whether or not you choose to believe the tale is up to you of course." She said with a smile.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:00 am
MangoMeow

You get to keep this lovely one; can you work with me to implement the Diver title? I'm not sure if the Head Hunters are active at the moment but we can work it into existence. Shui promised he'd pay more attention to the islanders as that was the only way the "Architects" would assist him so this would be a perfect chance for the nuanced diver role to come into play!

AstoriaFallen

Keep this as it is! This fits in well with the Mwezifichika tale that was being woven... And gives me a neat little idea for a visit from something like sealions but I need to have a quick run through some geography to make sure that works!

We can plug this in to the Bahari'mtoto lore as it is. <3

Both were coloured by Polette!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:20 am
Epine de Rose

Thank you! heart And of course, I'm happy to help where needed. Just let me know~  

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:07 pm
Thankyou so much! I'm super excited <3<3  
[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items