Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:04 am
Quote:
Branwyn [HR] - 42 - she/her/hers - Rider of Green Delyth

The snow fell in a soft flurry around them, blanketing the weyrbowl below in a pure white cover. Branwyn hummed a lullaby as she rocked Arwyn in one arm, the other reaching for a piece of bread beside her. There was a picnic basket, containing cheese, and a rare collection of grapes and redfruit brought up from a warmer Hold.

This was not a bad life, she reflected, watching Arwyn’s smiling face. It was not an easy life, no. But what was life without challenge and hardship, really?

I suppose a trip to the south is out of the question? I would sore like to bask in southern sunshine once again- it’s good for your hide, you know. Delyth mused, a vague hint of pleading in her voice. Branwyn’s smile quirked at its corners, and she raised a hand to rub her dragon’s snout.

“Did you hear that, A’dras? Delyth wants to go visit Monaco again…” She shook her head, still smiling.

Having a picnic in their weyr might have been a strange idea on the surface, but it was lovely to have a bit of peace and quiet away from the demands of everyday dragonrider life. Drilling was a necessity during the major Threadfalls, but winter brought a state of calm that she could not afford to pass up; hence the improvised picnic on the ledge of their weyr.

“What about you, Gareth? Do you need a bit of sunshine to feel revitalised?” Branwyn chuckled slightly, stroking their infant daughter’s hair. She was already so beautiful- and not even a Turn old. Life was precious.

Delyth gave a snort and shuffled slightly closer to her bronze companion. Be it for warmth or out of affection was anybody’s guess, really.

BastetAmun
Here is a slightly awful post to thread them together! biggrin Hopefully it's okay. Let me know if you want me to make any edits. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:39 am
The ability to find a moment of time to spend together was always fleeting. A'dras being the wingleader of the Hurricane wing demanded a lot of the man's time and attention. With how necessary drilling was, running sweeps and looking over the forecast of weather and Threadfall, rest days were what A'dras truly looked forward too.

When Branwyn had suggested a picnic upon the ledge of the weyr, A'dras had not hesitated to get what was requested of him. Perhaps he was always quick to do something romantic for his weyrmate, or even just to do something that she asked of him, but the man was still smitten even after the years they had been together.

Bright blue eyes watched Branwyn as she held their daughter in her arms, the newest addition to their little family. It was wonderful to have another child, especially as their son was know a bronze rider and living his own life. Truth be told, A'dras was excited about the daughter he knew would have him wrapped around her finger just as much as her mother did.

A chuckle escaped A'dras as placed a mug of klah down. His eyes moved over to the green dragon that was curled up beside his bronze. Gareth let out a contented rumble, his wing extending to cover Delyth and keep her a bit closer to him.

A bit of sunshine and warmth wouldn't do too much harm. It would help to warm up the hide. I will admit I do miss swimming in the waters off Monaco. The bronze spoke to those around and A'dras smiled and chuckled once more.

"Perhaps taking a visit to Monaco would be nice. The sun could do everyone some good." He had to admit, he was curious to see how the area that had been his home fared during Threadfall, and it would just be nice to see everything again.

Reaching a hand over, A'dras ran it over Arwyn's head, marveling at the child in Branwyn's arms. "We could always make it a family trip. Perhaps pick a time when all of us, even C'ryn, has a rest day."

Sweet Symmetry
It's perfect. ^^

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:57 am
BastetAmun
Sorry this is so late! Bad heat, brain melted!

How beautiful it was, how peaceful, how perfect... Love filled their little home, in the heartbeats of every soul that took up residence. As A’dras chuckled, Branwyn’s heart gave a little skip, a little flutter. He had that effect on her. It was hard to remember a time when he hadn’t.

Delyth cuddled into Gareth’s side, giving a small croon of affection as she twined her tail about his. Yes, it was much warmer than it is here. She gave a small laugh, delighted that he liked her idea. It seemed even his dear rider did, and perhaps this was all the persuasion her rider needed. Branwyn, my dearest heart, your mate is right! Let us gather our children and visit the beach!

“What about Arwyn?” Branwyn asked, glancing up at A’dras with a hint of worry in her eyes. She profered the sleeping infant to her weyrmate as he joined her side, smiling despite herself. To see father and daughter together brought such warmth to her heart, she looked away to conceal a shimmer of tears.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:40 am
A pleased rumble escaped Gareth as twined his tail with Delyth's. His eyes swirling a lovely lavender as he felt so content here with his lovely green at his side.

When Branwyn spoke it caused A'dras to pause, seeing the worry that showed in her eyes for a moment. Ah, but it was hard to remember how small and fragile Arwyn was still, nearing a turn old. He had gotten use to C'ryn being older and able to take care of himself.

Taking the babe in his arms, A'dras stared down at his daughter, delighting in how small she was as well as fearing that fact. It had been twenty turns since he last held a sleeping infant and even then there was more feeling of protection this turn around, this was a daughter. His sweet little girl.

"Ah...I suppose I forgot, for a moment, how small she still is." He turned to look at the dragons, still cozied up next to one another. "Well, perhaps for this time It can be just us. I'm sure C'ryn wouldn't mind spending a rest day with his sister."

Gareth lifted his head to look at the riders, watching as A'dras leaned over to kiss Branwyn's cheek. I suppose it is not yet safe for the hatchling to make a jump between He did like the idea of it just being them.

Sweet Symmetry
Sorry for the slow reply. Also, no worries on your end being slow, this winter has zapped everyone.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:48 am
BastetAmun
I feel like we need another thread soon! This one is getting all old and wrinkly haha.

Eternity became that moment as she watched father and daughter in a gentle embrace, so tender and sweet that every trouble and worry vanished from her mind. She could watch them forever and never be bored. Watch them until she grew old. Branwyn hoped she was able to do the latter.

“I imagine he’d love it.” The young woman mused, a hint of humour in her soft voice. C’ryn was very sweet, and very dependable. He would look after Arwyn with gusto- and possibly even undue reverence. Their daughter would be safe with him.

She closed her eyes as he kissed her cheek, enjoying the sensation of his warm lips on her skin, whilst the cold winter ate away at the outside world. In this warm and happy place, it was just their little family: nothing could touch them, really. She gave a sigh of pleasure, and a bright smile lit her face as she opened her eyes once more, watching him again.

You are surely right. I would hate for anything to happen to our hatchling. She is much too precious to risk. Delyth shifted closer still, warm and happy against her mate’s side. And it will be nice just to be the four of us. Sometimes the Weyr feels too crowded… And perhaps soon, we will be able to have the whole family gathered, and Aresoth might come too… When would Aresoth find a mate? They could have a lovely four-dragon date if he did...  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games