Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[GREENFLIGHT] Joke of All Jokes [Thanoth’s Maiden Flight] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:17 pm
User Image

V’treeee~! The dark green crooned from her ledge, eyes whirling violet. From the hammock within the tiny nook of a weyr, the young man came toppling out to blink back at the dragon. There was something about the way the green had been behaving of late that had him all on edge, half wary and half expectant. Like a string ready to snap.

Across the stone floor Thanoth pulled herself, sliding like a tunnelsnake to butt her head against her boy’s with a huff. You know waiting only makes it more fun when it finally happens. It, I mean. You know. It.

And then, of course, by the time V’tre had figured it out, it was too late to do anything but watch as the green literally rolled off the ledge, falling like a dropped sausage down down down...to flare her wings with a shrill trumpet as she skimmed the sands below. Come along then, if you think you can! We could all be dead tomorrow, so why not live a little tonight!

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

On Thanoth: This Green is full to the brim with love, absolutely accepting of any and all comers initially. However, her appreciation and support are of a quiet sort, not the flashy ostentation of some of her other siblings. When her scorn is earned it is absolute.
Pros: Fearless, Accepting, Adaptable, Playful
Cons: Minimalist, Fickle, Callous, Gossipy

On V’tre: V’tre is a little spitfire of a young man, if you catch him at the wrong moment. Obviously one of his parents had quite the temper, and at least one of them had just a completely brutal tongue. Please note that V’tre is 16!
Pros: Charming, honest, loyal, hard-working
Cons: Gossip-hound, emotionally volatile, unambitious

Rules/Info:
‣There will be three rounds, and rolling, and then Thanoth will pick her winner.
‣Each round will last two days.
‣If you roll for your entry for the round, but don't fill your post, your points for that round will be halved.
‣I expect you to keep track of your own score. BE HONEST.
‣This is open to any dragons in the area. You do not have to be a weyr native, just have a reason to be in the area at the time!
‣V’tre is super inexperienced and will probably get hit hard with that good good pupply love after this.
‣NPCs are fine, if you lack a location-apropo rider to toss any in for funsies.

Thanoth’s Stats:
Green Dragon: +50
Less than 5 turns: +2
Fit/Motivated: +10
62pts

Strength: 6
Speed: 13
Dexterity: 13
Stamina: 10
Wits: 20

Determining Your Drg's Stats:
Base points for bronze: 35pts
Base points for brown or blue: 40pts
Base points for green: 45pts

If the drg is:
- Less than 5 turns: +2 points
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Between 21-35 turns: +7 points
- Above 36 turns: +5 points

- Rotund/Lazy: +0 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points

-Dragons with a sense of humor: +5
-Dragons that are stupid: +3
-Dragons that are try-hards: +3

Using the above points, you get your point total, which is up to you to distribute through your base stats. Please try to keep your distributions realistic for your particular dragon!

How to win - There are several ways to win this flight! They are:
1. Golden Snitch: Matching Thanoth’s FINAL TOTAL procs an auto-win.
2. Rolling Win: At the end of three rounds, the three suitors with scores closest to Thanoth’s will be randomized for a winner.
3. Dark Horse: The third suitor being randomized may be replaced by a suitor of Thanoth’s choice, should any stand out.

Round 1 will begin Sunday evening at 5:30pm EST!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Normally, Neiveth had little care for the greens that rose on a daily basis. G'lin had come to mostly tune out such events - perhaps stay in his weyr so anybody who was more interested in the festivities could freely find someone just as interested. Flights were common in that way, so the call of a rising green should have been nothing.

But Neiveth stirred. You just rose a few weeks ago, it's too soon- G'lin had come to track his green like a calendar and the sudden surge of purple feelings were not a common response. They were a response she'd never had before at all. I am going, she thrummed, starling her beloved chosen. "What?" he barely fumbled the words out as the pale green approached the edge of her ledge, wings spreading.

I see you, my sweet, my dear, my Thanoth~ her trumpet was bright and sweet as she dropped from her perch, wings spreading as she caught the air, eager to join the younger green. Her favorite green.

-------------------------

Neiveth: A goddess of love and affection, she is motherly and pushy and has been a subject of many a flight of her own. This is her first time choosing to chase, however.

G'lin: Tightly wound and a bit prudeish comepared to Neiveth. He is her loyal knight.

Neiveth's Stats:
Green: + 45
Less than 5 Turns: +2
Fit/Motivated: +10
Sense of Humor: +5
= 62

Speed: 11
Dexterity: 17
Stamina: 12
Wits: 16  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:14 pm
User Image

Fela clutched his long, slender head between both of her hands and bumped her forehead to his snout. Sophie. My love. My dearest, bluest boy. My prince of flowers.

Ahah....Yes, FelaMine?

Do the thing.

What thing?

You know exactly what thing we are talking about, mister.

A pause. I...

I know you can be SURPRISINGLY picky about these things, but she meets the criteria. You know her, you love her--

I do love her as my wily sister, yes.

--AND there's a fair chance you won't ever have to worry about catching her! Fela continued brightly. She's always favored greens, and I'm sure there's plenty of athletic males who will join. So just. She pushed his head away. Do the thing. For me? For Turnover? You don't have to win or anything.

Sophrosunth hesitated a few moments more before finally, finally acquiescing. If nothing else, I would like to support her in her maiden flight, he reasoned as he turned. As if Thanoth had ever needed such a thing. Of course she did. Mmhmm. He was just about to launch when Fela added one final thought.

And if any of the losers need comforting, you could definitely offer your services~! With that, Fela left her weyr to go check on her fellow weyrling, humming and bustling like a mother on a mission.

Chuffing, the blue took to the air for the first time to chase since he had been shelled. He tried not to think about it too much, even as he felt a sliver of guilt for not participating in Cynosuth's. That was a hot mess to begin with, one he would not have wanted to add to. If Thanoth's ended up being a hot mess, well, it would be one she delighted in at any rate. But it would not go down such a chaotic road, he hoped, if he kept himself composed and calm as usual, and...

...............was that Neiveth..............?

(Oh dear Faranth.)

Hello, my dears, Soph called nonetheless, striving to maintain green in his purple-tinged eyes. Casual. Cool. Collected. Absolutely not even a little bit nervous. I expect this will be a, ah, thrilling event!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Soph is a scholar, a philosopher, an adviser, and a gentle touch, but his passive nature means he rarely ventures out of his comfort zone. First time chasing, look at that!

Fela is his complete opposite in many ways, sharing the same ideals but choosing a more direct route to approach them. Maternal on the job, a shipper when off.

soph's stats (52 pts)
Blue dragon: 40
Less than 5 Turns: 2
Average/normal: 5
Sense of Humor: 5

str: 3
spd: 10
dex: 9
stam: 9
wits: 20

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hmm? What did we have here? Nachith had just been settling in for the evening when the unmistakable call of a Rising green jarred him back to full wakefulness and attention. He jerked his head up, his one good eye trained on the dark young green and the others she roused. Though his interest wasn't quite as keen as it would have been if Thanoth were one of his crushes, there was interest regardless. He hadn't flown in some weeks, and he wanted.

Purple spinning through his eye, he shoved off from his ledge with an eager bugle. I would really rather we all live to see the next sevenday at least, but if that's not to be, I intend to have no regrets. He noted, of course, that lovely Neiveth was in the air as well, and fellow blue Sophrosunth, and they were each quite attractive in their own right, but it would be rude to focus anywhere other than on Thanoth.

B'ram was only just returning to the weyr after cleaning up from the day's exertions, and observed Nachith's departure with a sigh. "Really?" But it was Nachith, so...yes, really. The only real question now was whether he would prefer a headache and sleeping in his own weyr, or...well. It wasn't a difficult choice, actually, and the hesitation mostly sat with not knowing Thanoth's rider or anything about them - nothing, really, aside from the fact that they'd Impressed from Uridith's clutch. Well, he'd...see And Nachith might not even win, anyway.

Not that the blue appreciated that line of thinking.

----
Nachith: Shamelessly flirty, prone to intense crushes that flame out fairly quickly then he's on to the next. Outside of his occasional infatuations, he's level-headed and agreeable, but thinks browns are weird.

B'ram: Sweet, also a bit flirty, but not so prone to waning affections; unlike his dragon, he doesn't have commitment issues. He is, however, very sensitive, and doesn't cope well with stress.

Nachith's Stats
Blue: 40
Between 6-20: 10
Fit/Motivated: 10
Sense of humor: +5
Total=65

Strength: 7
Speed: 15
Dexterity: 18
Wits: 15  

Meepfur
Crew

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:42 pm
NPC Green Terith

Thanoth rises. Terith informed her rider. What? T’ralt didn’t look up from the scroll he was perusing. She rises and I will chase. That got his attention. But you don’t chase!

Terith was already on her way though. I do this one! Thanoth! It is living more than a little to fly with you!

Stats:
Strength: 10
Speed: 16
Dexterity: 16
Stamina: 11
Wits: 12

Base points for green: 45 pts
Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
Average/Normal: +5 points
Dragons with a sense of humor: +5
Total: 65  
ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 33 ... 6!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:27 pm
Thanoth crooned happily to see so many dragons turn out just for her! And! One or two that she was particularly fond of. She crooned to Sophrosunth as he soared after her—her sweet brother, one of many, but certainly one of the more amusing ones, if you asked her! She'd give him a sporting chance, but she, if anyone understood his motivations, she would. I see you there, dear brother! Nerves might do you well, you know! Keeps you sharp and on your toes!

Neiveth drew her attention then, and she curved through the air to slip along next to her dear friend. You came just for me? Why, Neiveth, you shouldn't have! She flittered closer, then ducked away, teasing...though admittedly she was unpracticed with being chased like this. She did not manage to retreat quite so far as she'd planned, with her suitors crowding close.

Thanoth’s Stats:

Score: 6

For round 1, roll Wits + Dex. Round 2 will begin Thursday evening at 5:30pm EST!

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 33 ... 19!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:52 pm
For you? Of course! Certainly, you will need a sight for sore eyes with all of these boys~ of course, she didn't think any of the other suitors were an eyesore. Oh no, quite the opposite. But Thanoth was an absolute gem and if the others were only now thinking it, they were fools.

Neiveth eagerly followed after Thanoth as she twisted away from the group, but not without a little sass and show, twirling once in the air and kreeling adoringly at her favorite little green. The show was for her, after all and not her usual fare of chasers. If the others enjoyed it, fine.

Neiveth's Stats:

Score: 19  
faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 18!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:56 pm
Terith sung with joy as she followed Thanoth, looping around and barrel rolling. Are you ready for a merry chase? I am! Go forth and conquer the world, Thanoth! This was sure to be a delightful flight. Who cares what the boys did! This was a girls time to shine.

Stats:

Score: 18  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

medigel generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 4!

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:31 pm
Nerves? What nerves have I with you at the head? Soph joked. Perhaps he was a bit antsy for his first time, yes, but! What did his situation matter any when it was Thanoth's show? The greens certainly adored her, as was her due. He wouldn't have suspected Neiveth had a soft spot for his sister, but perhaps the chase and his peripheral attachment to it would mean being safe from her more...eye-batting displays for a time. It was all good! It would be!

Still, he was a dragon wont to fret, however quietly. When Thanoth slowed, so did he, not quite so nimble in the air as the others as to make a show of it but at least remembering how to brake without running into someone. Should he ask after her? Hmm. No, it was much too early to be mothering, he supposed. Fathering?

Having put on a few puffs of perfume (something spicy), one could have either smelled Fela coming or heard her humming before she leaned into V'tre's weyr slyly. She had no ulterior motive of seducing the now adult weyrling--well, not unless he asked her to--but she had been curious to see if anyone else might show up. After all, it wouldn't be polite to just leave him alone on Thanoth's maiden flight, doubtless a target to some....ne'er-do-well. Or whatever. Her grin dimmed when she realized, however, V'tre was quite alone.

"What, no party?" she huffed. "Where's the fun in that?"

Soph is a scholar, a philosopher, an adviser, and a gentle touch, but his passive nature means he rarely ventures out of his comfort zone. First time chasing, look at that!

Fela is his complete opposite in many ways, sharing the same ideals but choosing a more direct route to approach them. Maternal on the job, a shipper when off.

soph's stats (52 pts)

round 1: 4/29

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 33 ... 11!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:31 pm
Nachith thrummed with delight to be chasing such a strikingly beautiful young green, his enthusiasm undampened by the assembly of other blues and greens keen to win her. Had it been an infatuation of his taking flight, he'd have been less lighthearted about the affair, and in the past had done his share of snarling and snapping at other suitors, when his hearts were well and truly aflame. Otherwise, he was happy to be in the air, to have the honor and pleasure of chasing such a radiant lady in the company of other good sorts.

He wasn't off to as quick a start as some, but bugled his joy for the proceedings as he twisted through the air.

While his dragon, by comparison, dawdled a bit, once he'd made up his mind to at least look into matters on the ground, B'ram hurried along in search of the proper weyr. Flightlust didn't do great wonders for sense of direction, and his wasn't exactly the best to start with. But..somewhere...maybe....

----
Nachith's Stats
Total=65

Meepfur
Crew

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 19 ... 10!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:50 pm
Thanoth snorted at Nieveth's comment—that was true, of course. I can't say I blame them though, I'd chase me too! And they're just lovely blues, aren't they? Pity I can't just have you all! It was half tease, half taunt. Nieveth knew her preferences, but in the moment, in the heady heat of a flight...a body would do. Any body, any color.

But there was Her Green, and there was Terith too. Another lovely, darling lady, come to sing and spin for her! That was a tricky choice, if a green it was to be. Would Nieveth forgive her if she chose someone else? Did she even want to have to make the choice? The world's such trouble though, sweet Terith! I think I'd rather have a private little hideaway with a pretty lady, and let the world get on tripping over itself, wouldn't you?

Seeing Soph slow to pace with her made her smile, and she whirled purple-blue eyes at her sweet brother. Sometimes it was nice to not be alone in your firsts—more fun to have someone else to trip over themselves with you, wasn't it? Shall I send one of them your way, brother? One for you, one for me? Or maybe we should just stick together...! She coasted past, trailing a wingtip over his flank, before whipping away with a cackle that made it quite impossible to judge how serious she was being.

And she angled now towards Nachith, ducking just in time to curve around him, and head for less-occupied skies. Dear fellow, would you mind lending me a claw? I seem to have something caught in my teeth...your hearts, maybe? If you can catch me I might even return them to you! Another cackle and she shot upwards, heading directly up towards the open sky.

Thanoth’s Stats:

Score: 6+10 = 16

For round 2, roll Speed + Strength. Round 3 will begin Thursday evening at 5:30pm EST!  
demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 17 ... 8!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:18 pm
There will be time to have them all, love. But I only want you to have me, forward, perhaps, but Neiveth had never been a subtle creature, and her want was driving G'lin crazy.

As his pale lifemate twirled and surged upwards after Thanoth, he considered it for only a moment. No. No. He wouldn't.

Neiveth's Stats:

Score:

Round 1: 19
Round 2: 8

Total: 27  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 26 ... 10!

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:33 pm
It would be entertaining to watch it trip over itself though. Maybe a nice perch where you can observe or not as you please? Terith headed up after Thanoth keeping pace well. Trouble can be fun! We could make all sorts of trouble together…

Terith’s Stats:

Round 1: 18
Round 2: 10
Total: 28  
medigel generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 3!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:16 am
Ah, er, no need, dear. This is your show, after all! A B plot isn't necessary to entertain. And he was here to support as a wingman, and to appear as competition in that effort (hah). Soph, along with basically anyone who knew Thanoth, was aware of her true preferences, and while he felt the draconic equivalent of goosebumps where she had skimmed her wingtip, he suppressed his body's natural urges and stayed back.

...Maybe a bit too far back. He wasn't the quickest blue and tried to take back the distance he had accidentally created. Proper competitors could be patient but not slow. Oh dear.

soph's stats (52 pts)

round 1: 4/29
round 2: 3/13
TOTAL: 7

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 22!

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:56 pm
Is that so? Nachith purred, his haze following her adoringly even as he did the same, sailing upwards after the dark-hided green. If you wish to borrow them for awhile, you are welcome to them! It is the least that I can do for such magnificent lady.

----
Nachith's Stats
Total=65