Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Alternate Happenings Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:52 pm
AKA What would happen if Topher escaped Matt's office or didn't go to the office at all either by instinct or maybe even Chris texts him and warns him of the trap. Either way, Topher does not go to Genesis and someone gets angry enough to threaten a war to get him back.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:14 pm
It was unusual for Chris to wake up in an unfamiliar place. These sheets were not her sheets and this bed was not her bed. She felt an emptiness in her chest that she didn’t know how to explain and surprisingly she was awake without the normal need to pry herself from her dreams. She sat up slowly, a dull ache in her head making itself known. It felt like someone had stuffed cotton in her head. It was difficult to think and she felt dumb and slow. She took a minute to look around her. The room was small and non descript, only a bed and a toilet. Just like prison she mused. But how did she get here?

She was on the vague inkling of a memory when the speaker in her room buzzed and loudly exclaimed ”Christine Mizuki, stand and present for inspection.” The name brought her a vague sense of annoyance and she moved slowly to stand, feeling no need to rush. When finally she was standing and staring at the door expectantly, it opened and a guard entered the room first. His face was vaguely familiar but she couldn’t place it. The second was a very unfamiliar female, medical personnel from the way she came in and immediately started fussing over Chris.

”No no no… Sit.” She pushed Chris back down on the bed a bit too fast and Chris winced at the jarring sensation in her brain. ”How are you feeling?” She pulled out a little light and shined it in Chris’s eyes carefully muttering things under her breath that Chris didn’t catch. She grabbed Chris’s wrist next and pushed hard against it. Slowly Chris started to realize this was a medical exam. ”So far so good…” ”What is going on?” She finally spoke up noting the flat tone in her voice. The woman stopped and looked up at her questioningly.

”What do you remember?” Chris blinked at that and tried to think about it. Finally she shook her head slightly. ”Nothing… It's hard to think.” This time she did catch her muttering ”Not so good…” She sighed and stood from her crouching position to look at the guard standing by the door. ”Alex, I don’t know that she’ll make it all the way up to Sarah’s office. Just ask if they will reconsider.” He grumbled but walked back out the door, closing it behind him.

”Where am I?” Even though she tried to sound demanding, it came out more exhausted than anything. The woman sighed. ”I’m not allowed to answer any questions… I’m sorry. But you’ll get your answers soon.” ”So you won’t tell me who you are either I guess…” The lady laughed. ”Oh did I not say already? Nichole Adams. I work as a medical assistant here.” ”Chris Jones. Though I suspect you know that already.” Nichole seemed to stop at that for a moment before nodding. ”Right, Mizuki is your maiden name…” If there was some significance to that Chris didn’t get an answer as Alex had come back with a wheelchair. ”Request denied Nichole, so I got a chair to make it easier to get her up there.” Nichole frowned ”Must be really important then… Here…” She helped Chris into the chair, though she really didn’t need the help. Alex came over with a pair of handcuffs and Nichole shooed him away. ”Really? Look at her, she’s not going to fight…” ”Nichole, its protocol. It doesn’t make me any happier than you to do this.” Nichole pouted but didn’t say anything because Chris lifted her hands for easy access. By now she was getting a clearer picture of what was going on but her conclusions were coming a lot slower than she’d like. Still, she’d play along for now.

Finally she was cuffed and seated and they pushed her out of the room. Like she suspected, it was a prison. The way things looked, she was probably in a special area. For what reason, she wasn’t sure yet. Two other guards joined them as they started on their journey. It didn’t take them too long to get to the office but Chris could see why Nichole had said she wouldn’t make it. The closer they got, the worse her headache got. It was intense but her face showed no hint of pain from it.

They got to a door and one of the guards knocked on it. A soft ”Enter” drifted out and finally Chris was face to face with the reason she was here. The woman didn’t look immediately familiar, probably family of someone she knew. It was the male on her immediate right that was the most familiar to her and the one on her left… ”I should have f*cking known. If anyone was going to break rule one it would have to be you… General…” She looked over at the other male and nodded. ”Mr. Secretary...” Paul at least was frowning. Easy enough to tell he didn’t agree with this. ”Christine Mizuki…” The woman in the middle held up her hand to stop him. ”General, I would appreciate it if you waited for me to finish my part before you start.” It was a challenging reminder of where he was. Chris probably would have smirked but at this point she wasn’t even sure her face could make that motion right now.

The woman let her hand fall to her lap. ”Alex, Nichole, please wait outside while we have our conversation, I promise it shouldn’t take long.” Nichole seemed to want to protest but she let it slide. There would be information in this conversation they weren’t allowed to hear. Still she did one more check over Chris just to make sure she would be okay. ”If you need anything, just hollar…” She whispered to Chris before heading out the door. Chris kept her gaze on the group ahead of her, not paying Nichole or Alex any attention as they left.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:17 pm
Chris was starting to remember how she got here. She had been at work. It was a couple of days after Topher randomly appeared back into her visions. On an instinct he hadn’t gone to the Embassy like expected and that put everyone on edge. Everyone was looking for him now and Chris had already been questioned once about his location. She found it easy to lie that she didn’t know when in fact she could pinpoint his exact location. He had a goal, a mission in mind, and she knew he would likely turn himself in once it was done.

Her phone rang and she answered like normal. ”This is Chris.” ”Meet me in my office if you would please.” Chris frowned. This was unexpectedly sudden. She stood and made her way over to the bosses office and poked her head in. ”You wanted to see me?” She noticed the General standing there but thought nothing of it at first as the man waved her inside. ”Ah yes Chris. I suspect you’ve meet General Alberdine before.” Chris nodded a greeting to the man. ”He’s here to ask you a few questions about your brother.” Chris’s expression darkened, sensing a trap now. Unfortunately she caught on too late. She cautiously walked into the room, shutting the door behind her. ”Of course, I’d be happy to answer any questions I can.” She couldn’t tell what exactly the trap was yet so she was going to have to tread carefully. ”Christine, I take it you are aware of what happened recently in regards to Christopher.” Formal names… Now she was really on edge. She took a deep breath and nodded. ”And do you happen to know where he is.” Just like before she lied. ”No sir I do not.” He seemed to frown at that. ”And just to confirm, you are an S ranked Seer.” There was the trap. She could sense it now. ”Yes sir, the only one as far as I know.” ”And does that mean you haven’t seen him in any visions?” ”Snippets, nothing to conclude his exact location. Not in the US if that is what you are wanting to know.” He narrowed his gaze on her. ”This is a serious matter Mrs. Mizuki…” ”Jones.” ”What?” ”Its Jones with all due respect, sir. Mizuki is my maiden name. I don’t know where Topher is, now if you will excuse me, I do have to work get done today.”

She started to stand and leave only for three armed military guys to come in. And there was the spring. No matter how carefully she tread now, this wasn’t going to end well… She reached in her pocket for her phone, doing her best to keep them from noticing. ”Very well. Christine Jones, in accordance with a presidential decree happening… oh right now, you are now under arrest. All rank A or higher psychics are now being taken in all over the country.” Chris felt her temper flare and she turned to look at the a*****e. ”You are going to start a war! One you will not win.” He only smiled and suddenly the three guards were on her. She wasn’t going to go quietly no matter how much the boss wanted her to stay calm.

She wasn’t physically capable of fighting them off but she was able to throw things around. The chair she had been seated in knocked on guy off his feet. She was able to elbow one guy in the face and smack another with several heavy books. She just had to make it to the door. She started to move forward but one of them grabbed her ankle so she turned to kick him in the face. Arms grabbed her from behind and before she could smash his chin with her head, he’d sunk a syringe in her neck. The effect worked fast as she struggled less and less to break free before finally going limp.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:19 pm
”Jenny! What the hell is going on?” Nate rushed into Jenny’s office to find her standing behind her desk and Jack sitting in one of the chairs. Red lights were pulsing all around them. Something serious was going on. ”Late to the party as always Nate…” Aurelia’s voice came through the speaker on the phone. ”Aurelia you can stuff it.” ”Children this is not the time. Nate, Chris remotely activated the Lockdown sequence for the tower.” ”Apparently some s**t heads have decided that Topher’s vanishing act is such a problem that they are rounding up all the A level psychics.” A look of concern crossed Nate’s face. ”And what about Chris?” Jenny didn’t answer at first. ”Jenny… Tell me what happened to Chris.” She bit her lip but finally answered. ”We have to assume the worst. Chris wouldn’t have remotely activated Lockdown if she knew she could make it in time. She would have gotten one of us to do it. That means she’s either captured or…” She stopped, not looking over at Nate. Chris wasn’t dead, he was sure of that.

”Fine, what do we need to do.” ”Securing the building is the first priority. The countdown timer Chris set is 30 mins. Get all non essential personnel who don’t want to stay, out of the building.” ”They are targeting A ranks and higher so we’ll let those who chose to stay here, stay. Anyone who wants to leave can. What about the kids and Tonya?” ”She’s got the four of them at the apartment. She wanted to come with but I told her I’d let her know what was happening so someone was with them.” ”Nate… Aurelia, neither of you have to stay. Staying may put you in more danger than leaving…” ”Hell no. I married into this family knowing full well something like this could happen. I’m not about to leave my children here without me. I’ll help fill whatever holes are left by those that leave.” ”Likewise. Head of security is staying right here. These ******** have another thing coming if they think they can get away with this s**t.” Jenny nodded. ”Good, get anyone who stays from security ready to go Aurelia, Nate go fill in where needed. I’m going to get the message out so people know what’s going on...” ”Aye, aye!” Aurelia hung up. ”Anything else?” Jenny shook her head and Nate left the same way he came in.

”Damn it!” Jenny punched her desk, leaving a fist sized dent in the wood. She should be out there with the twins not here in the Tower hiding with everyone else. Jack seemed to know what she was thinking and came around the desk to hug her. ”Everyone here needs a leader they can look up to and trust. Topher and Chris are still out there. If Chris really is in danger, Topher will bring her home safe. You just have to trust them…” ”I just… This is everything I spent my life trying to avoid. And this is what is going to ruin all of that I’ve worked for. All this fear and hatred is just going to get people hurt. And it's going to be our fault no matter what happens. Regardless of who provoked who, the psychic community is going to get blamed. I can’t just let this happen…”  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:21 pm
Nate was on his way to Aurelia when he called Tonya to let her know what was happening. ”Nate? What the hell is going on?” ”The building is going into Lockdown. Keep the kids away from the news, I don’t want them catching wind of what is happening outside the Tower right now…” ”And what is happening outside?” ”They are arresting A level’s.” ”On what grounds?” ”Don’t know the details, only that Aurelia seems to think its related to Topher’s disappearance. That shithead, even when he’s not here eventhing falls to s**t because of him.” ”Nate…” Her tone was threatening and he knew he was close to crossing a line. He sighed. ”Jenny’s advising A ranks and higher to stay here and anyone who wants to leave can. I’m going to the front to help Aurelia and the Security Team… Is Liam around?”

He heard Tonya call for Liam and after a few moments he answered the phone. ”Dad? What’s going on?” ”Listen to me very carefully Liam, I need you to do me a favor. No matter what happens, no matter what you hear or see or feel, you have to stay there with your Aunt, sister and cousins. Promise me that Liam.” ”I p… Wait, what is this about? Where is Mom?” F*cking perceptive kid. Chris better not be dead, Nate was very sure he wouldn’t be able to raise this kid on his own if she was. ”Liam, I need you to promise me. You have to be ready to protect everyone incase something goes wrong. Okay. Promise me.” He heard Liam mumble something and exhale loudly. ”Fine. I promise. Stick with everyone else no matter what. I got it.” ”Good, now put your sister on the phone.”

”Dad? What’s up?” ”I need you to promise me that no matter what you hear, feel or see you are going to stay there with your brother and your cousins and your Aunt Tonya. Hear me?” ”Yea, of course. But what’s going on?” ”Nothing for you to worry about. Hopefully things will calm down soon. Oh and one more thing. No time travel.” Lexa groaned on the other end. Of course he’d add that rule. ”No. Its not safe right now and we don’t have all the details. Promise me…” ”Fine… I will not time travel. Happy?” ”Only if you keep it. I love you both. I don’t know when I’ll be home, but I’ll try to call again soon.”

Lexa handed the phone back to Tonya. ”Tonya, you should see if Barbara will watch the kids. I know you aren’t going to want to stay up there while the action is down here. And if I know Barbara and Frederick, they aren’t going to leave after all they’ve been through with us.” ”Right. See you soon Nate.” He hung up the phone and sighed. They were going to be okay. He just had to keep telling himself that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:26 pm
”Chris, I bet you have some questions…” ”Actually I think its pretty obvious.” She held up her cuffed hands for a moment. ”I’m in a prison, by the feeling of the aching in my head and my apparent lack of empathy, I’d say one designed specifically for psychics. Stab in the dark, probably Topher designed it. Has a dumb name. Whispers I heard, its probably called Genesis. Am I wrong yet?” General Alberdine took his gun out and pointed it at Chris. ”Are you sure her abilities are gone?” She stared at him blankly, daring him to shoot her. ”My smarts are not tied to my abilities, General.” ”General, if you don’t mind putting away your gun. Chris is not the one with Telepathy.” The General put his gun down but not away. Chris didn’t care either way. ”You are correct. This is Genesis, a prison built in part by Topher with the intention of holding psychics. As for why you are here…” ”Its because Topher is ‘missing’. After the China incident, you need to put him in line. And you thought I knew where he was.” ”We know you know where he is. Do you think it is some secret that you and your brother are connected. Now tell us where he is!”

If she still had her Empathy, she would have laughed at him. Instead her expression lightened considerably. ”That shows just how much you know General. Whatever connection I have to Topher is related to psychic ability. And it seems I’ve currently been stripped of mine. So I actually have no clue where Topher is. And after this stunt of kidnapping me, I probably wouldn’t have told you even if I did know.” He seemed to snarl, but Chris payed him no mind. ”However I can tell you this. If you plan to keep me here, I know where he’s going to be. He would have been aware the instant we were disconnected, so I bet he’s on his way here right now. And I’ll give you this one other piece of advice General.” She slowly scooted herself up and out of the chair, ignoring the screaming pain in her head, and stood staring at him. ”You better pray to whatever f*cking gods you believe in that Topher gets his hands on you first. Because the pain you feel at his hands will be mercy compared to what Mother, Father or I will do to you.” She tried to take a step forward but finally the pain was just to much and she fell hard on her knees and covered her face with her hands. She could tell there was a commotion going on around her now, but her focus was just trying to stay conscious. Arms reached out to her and she could tell they were Nichole's by the light scent of perfume. Finally she just couldn't hold on anymore and everything faded away.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:14 am
[[ Topher Pt 1]]

Topher barely made it out of China alive. Malina had set a trap after he had gotten the stupid message from Toby before the phone disappeared which meant to him that the timeline had changed, obviously. He was caught in hell in Chin and something happened. His head was still spinning when he popped onto the buildings roof across the street and heard a quiet peep from behind him. He spun quickly and found Rachel with her hands up as he held the gun at her. She just stared at him gaping. ”James… sent me a text to be he… Are you ok?” Topher partially collapsed and held out his arm pushing a barrier up to keep Rachel from coming close. He wasn’t, ”My head isn’t…” ”They hurt you there didn’t they? Hold on Tonya is calling me.” Topher blinked in confusion but could barely stand. He heard the hum of a nearby drone. It was probably Rachel’s news drone, if she was here there was likely other news drones, he could hear the signs of a building lockdown going on across the street in the tower. She stepped forward but cautiously as he had put up his hand to ward her off from approaching. ”May I give you my phone? Its not Tonya but a Doctor Zain? He wants to talk to you.”

Topher lowered the shield and nodded but didn’t move. Rachel knowing how to deal with him when he was moody moved slowly and put the phone in his hand then backed away. ”Are you ******** insane?” Topher wanted to get up and curse back but couldn’t he just shook his head but realized Zain probably couldn’t see him but the doc answered anyway. ”I was checking on Toni, Tonya was watching Rachel’s channel and a special report pops in with you appearing on the building in your condition glowing like a mother f*cking lightbulb. Get you’re a*s inside so I can fix you. I had to sedate Tonya, I don’t want Toni using her empathy, we don’t know if it will effect the babies at this early stage.” Topher looked around and found the drone and flipped it off. ”I saw that, they barely blurred it, get the ******** inside. Your mother is probably.” Topher looked at the phone and sighed. ”Yes. Though small problem, I hear a mob at the front doors, how the hell do you expect me to get inside? And I can’t go around back, then they’ll want to use that.” ”Do the superman thing like China then… we all saw that, not that it went well, you seriously need training.” ”I’m likely to splat myself on a ******** window if I try that right now.” He saw a text come in from his mother as “Jenny’ on the contacts and read it just said “Do SOMETHING, just get IN HERE.” He was really going to question why his dad made Rachel that drone with such good audio and video equipment, sure the spies had newer versions, hers was the protype version.

He finally shrugged and handed the phone back to Rachel. ”Thanks, sorry if you get in trouble for doing that.” ”Eh, what they’re doing is wrong so whatever helps.” Topher smiled weakly and made his way to the ledge which really got every ones attention down below, now all the news people were shoving their drones this way. He started to make his way up to an access balcony on the living quarters between their parents and Chris and Nates. They were considered community deck areas but theres was kind of secluded since all the living areas around that one were theirs. He stumbled at first and almost fell to the ground below him but managed to catch himself. Yeah that would look good on camera. He finally got to a good pace and made his way to the tower in a zig zag motion to give himself enough distance and upward motion to get to the level he needed. He jumped over the balcony and active the privacy force shield which they developed but haden’t released that would keep the drones from hearing anything on the balcony as well as coming through the field. He walked over and nocked on the door that led to the kitchen of Chris and Nates and made Nate jump literally a foot in the air. Nate turned aiming a pistol at him and seeing who it was just glared flipping him off and going back to what he was doing. Topher knocked again and Nate finally stormed over and opened the door for him. ”Could you use the god damn front door like a normal person?” Topher looked at himself, glowing eyes, and actually glowing. Nate had turned around to go back to his bag of guns, ”Nate… NATE. Do I F*CKING LOOK NORMAL TO YOU RIGHT NOW?!”

Nate turned back around and actually stopped for once. ”Holy f*ck…” There was a knock on the front door and Nate literally growled. He seemed to be gearing up for something and Topher walked up to him but kept his distance. He use telekisis to move the bag off the table and Nate quickly grabbed the bag and aimed the gun at him. ”Topher, I swear I will f*cking shoot you.” Topher stepped forward right into the barrel. ”Do it. But no Nate. Late me do it, I know you want to but your job is here. Protect the tower. Protect the kids. I can… Chris would KILL me if anything happened to you.” Nate shoved Topher back with the gun as there was another knock, ”SHE IS MY WIFE.” ”She is my SISTER, My TWIN. I… Don’t MAKE me MAKE you. I’m asking you.” Nate lowered the gun and closed his eyes grabbing one of the remotes that would unlock the door. ”God damn you. Get her back. Do whatever you have to do.” ”I will Nate” Doctor Zain, Jenny, Jack, and James were coming in and Nate just threw his hands up in surrender to his plans. ”Finally, sorry to barge in on you Nate.” Zain walked right up to Topher and jabbed him in the forehead. ”OW YOU MOTH…” Topher started to sway and Nate caught him before he fell completely over. ”Jesus Christ I forgot how heavy he is.” ”…are… you… saying… I’m fat?”

Zain motioned for Nate to lay Topher on the couch nearby and Nate did and not so gently. ”Umph…” Jenny gave Nate a sharp stare who just shrugged but noticed Topher wasn’t glowing. ”Uhhh… is it me or is his hair all white now?” ”That’s what happened when Idiot here tapped into his reserve powers.” Jack froze and coughed a bit Jenny glared at him sharply, keeping her silence for now. ”You…you’re related to Gray aren’t you?” Zain kept working on Topher and looked at his leg and cursed, cutting the pant leg completely off then put his hand on it. James was about ready to give Zain the doctor bag but Zain just put his hand on the leg and a green light lit the room. ”No time James, and yes.” ”Who the ******** is Gray? When this is done. You two are meeting me in my office, GOT IT?” Jenny stared at both Jack and Zain angrily, she wanted answers but right now she was more concerned about getting Topher up and running to get Chris back. ”Sure boss, but, call my mother too. She probably has more answers to the questions you have than I do.”

((OOC:: its 5am... I wanted to get that bit posted and written since its been in my head... i need to gtfts will work on the rest tomorrow also posted pic and color ref for Zain))  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:34 am
Part II

Topher kind of had passed out and missed a bit and woke up to see Jenny glaring deadly at Zain who was looking him over. His leg felt much better already for some reason and he didn’t seem like he wanted to go on a rampage at the moment. He sat up slowly as the Doc motioned for him to and noticed his leg was completely healed and no stitches. ”Hey Doc, I think we need to have a conversation.” Jenny just sighed and sat at one of the kitchen tables tapping her foot. ”Get in line. Also, you have too many things to do to worry about THAT right now Topher.” Topher looked over at her and was about to say something back but just saw how frazzled and not Jenny like she looked and just stopped and nodded. ”Right getting Chris home.” ”James is going with you.” James had walked over to see the magic Zain had done and Topher just shook his head. ”The ******** he is.” [colo=#152066]”The ******** I am…The fu…” Zain poked James in the head and Topher grabbed Zain but was zapped at the same time. ”ugh fu…”

”Do you have a habit of jabbing people in the head?” ”Family, and this idiot. Who is kind of family? I don’t understand the logistics of that...” James pulled back from Zain and glared but grabbed his head as visions started to fly at him. Zain gently pulled his hand down and looked at James, ”Use the meditation Jack taught you.” ”The fu… how do you know about that?” Topher stood up and was about to punch Zain but Zain moved aside. ”My father told me he would, and I’d have to do that to help Topher, possibly. Timelines, time travel, f*cking suck.” Topher stopped and stared at Zain. ”Welcome to the club. What the f*ck just happened?” Zain motioned for James to sit, big news incoming. ”You’re going because your father was, is a soldier.” ”No sh*t…” ”No your real father. My Uncle.” The room just paused at that and even Topher sat back down.

”You took to the second experiment cause your mother was part of the first, but also because your father wasn’t from this timeline or world per say and quite powerful.” ”The f*ck are you saying?” ”Bluntly, not as Gray would be, He’s what you’d call Nephilim, as is your father. They’re only half bothers, Same mother, different fathers. Reason your father is a soldier, and you, its in your blood.” James just sat for a moment and the room was quiet. ”You’d have the reflexes like Topher regardless. However the genetic testing those id… sorry Jack, they were. Put you through unlocked more. I just tapped out a bit more so you’re not blocked by time travel, so you can see this idiot and help him. He’s recovering from a injury and torture from China.” Everyone turned to Topher and Topher just looked down. ”I…” ”You were set in a trap and you did what you had to but tapped into the reserve, which is why you were glowing. Emotional break like that causes it. Regular tapping only makes the eyes change color like Jack.” Jenny smacked Jack hard in the shoulder who had sat down close to her for holding back information and he just sighed. ”Was going to explain in the meeting.”

James just stared at Zain. ”So you’re my cousin?” ”Yes.” ”And you’re pretty much saying here people would Consider our… likely Grandfathers to be Angels, if I’m gathering your term right?” ”Yes…” ”Jesus Christ Zain, what the ******** are you smoking?” ”I’ve met Gr…OW JENNY STOP SMACKING ME!” Jenny had smacked Jack again this time. Topher sighed and shook his head. ”We need to go, you guys can talk later, I want to go kill some people so I don’t do it here… Meli… She did things. My head is twisted in ways right now that violence is probably the only way that will keep me from going full out insae.” Nate pointed at the windows which were covered now and just gestured like “Duh… lockdown, moron…” Topher was about to say something but Zain turned back to him. ”No, you can’t port there fully, short only, YOU NEED TO F*CKING HEAL GOD DAMN IT. I’d say doctors orders, but you’re going to go off into battle. So at least try not to KILL yourself before you do that.” Topher flipped Zain off and his mother just sighed but nodded. ”Get her back, find out who did this.” ”I have a guess…” ”Paul? Likely, but he wouldn’t unless told to, he’s been trying to be better that way after some incident.”

Well they couldn’t go out the front doors now either. The paneling was smart enough that it wouldn’t block off the balcony yet this was stage one of lockdown, stage two pretty much would take many well placed tactical weapons or stronger to take down the tower. Topher turned and smiled at Nate. ”You’re not doing the window thing again are you?” Nate groaned a bit as he said it. ”How do you think I got up here?” ”Ported or jumped like in China well other than not getting shot at.” Topher winced at the memory of that. It had been going ok trying to get out but a heli had shot him out of the air and he had landed in the slum area which was part of the trap. ”The news reports cut out after that…” Topher blinked and clenched his hands trying to shake the memory of Melina killing the people just to get at him, just to get him to do something. Well he did. He halted the entire city. They wouldn’t air that here, probably why they wanted him captured, he was.. too dangerous. James put his hand on Topher’s shoulder since they were sharing the same couch and just squeezed it a bit. ”Breath…”

After calming down with the exercise from his father yet again he nodded and grinned at Nate. ”It’s how I got up here. My energy was basically exhausted I didn’t want to try the jump out of fear of miscalculating and ending up as a bug against the building, then falling however much, that’d be a lovely ending.” Nate just glared at him for the macabre visual but let the little episode slide off. ”Have fun with that James.” James blinked and stood up. ”Nope… no. NOT HAPPENEING.” ”You should’ve seen it coming.” James started to pace and tried to calm down and Zain shook his head at the reaction. ”Stop with the back and forth and just go already. Time is short. Well I know you can time travel longer than you need to to get out to the balcony Topher but don’t right now. We’ve stopped everyone from doing so, it’s too dangerous at the moment.” Topher nodded and got up and stopped James from pacing. ”I did see it, in one version you got distracted by a news drone, tried to attack it, lost your power control and we fall to our death… splat. PLEASE DON’T” ”I wont.” Since he had grabbed both James shoulders he grinned and the popped out. ”Idiots.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:42 am
Part III

Topher deactivated the force barrier for the balcony. The lockdown was in two stages, the first was already done and the second would complete the full lockdown and if they didn’t get out before then they would have to travel elsewhere. James looked like he was still freaking out a bit but resigned to doing this, there was no way to get back in the building. ”Only way out is down James, at least your not stuck in a peach.” James flipped him off as he set he first kinetic shield on the other side of the usually he made them invisible but for James sake he made it slightly translucent. ”Thanks, but doesn’t that take more energy?” They were at the railing looking down. There was a few news drones watching them and Topher smiled stepping over, he could just make the platform move but that took to much energy and concentration. ”Not at that visibility, if I made them fully visible, sure, now get over here.” Topher pulled James over not so politely and James stumbled and would have fell but the shield gave him something to land on. ”F*CKING A*SHOLE! Topher made another below them aways and jumped down gracefully. ”Keep moving, I can only keep a few activated at a time without wasting energy.” He probably could keep them all up, but he didn’t really want to waste energy, and they did need to get going anyway. James cursed at him a bit then started to follow not wanting to be behind and said something about it being that one, and him being an a*shole.

They made it to the roof of the building Rachel was still standing on and she seemed a bit surprised at first. Topher realized it was probably because he looked like hell the first time she saw her and he shrugged. ”Guardian angel healed me…” James started to cough a bit at the blunt false truth but just shoved Topher along. ”We need to go, sorry. Also, you should… Jack might pop down to get you, don’t be alarmed, military is not happy, it wont be safe outside the tower for anyone. Go inside.” Rachel just nodded and watched them go. They were about to go down the stairs of the building and Topher shook his head. ”Mob still at the front, people aren’t happy that we, well went against what the government ordered. Plus I’m pretty sure there’s two swat teams waiting for me to pop out in the front or somewhere around this building. I’m surprised they didn’t just swarm the rooftops.” James smirked. ”Lockdown, Chris has forcefield devices around these buildings as well, owners are given devices that alert them if our building ever does and they’re advise to leave the area and close up. Most probably have, if we go into lockdown, forces are likely to use nearby buildings to advantage so Chris put barrier devices on them, only reason we got through is I have a key.” He held up a small device that blinked steadily. ”This blinks when we’re in the barrier.” Topher smiled. ”I f*cking lover her.” ”They won’t hold up forever, they use the buildings power, we have our own. If they cut the power to this grid, bye bye shields, hence why I warned Rachel to wait for Jack.” Topher nodded, made sense. ”Probably still best to go the back way.”

James motioned that the buildings were close enough they could just jump roof to roof. ”We own the carpark a few streets down, have a surprise there, was supposed to be your birthday present from Tonya but we have a need for it.” Topher tried to read James but couldn’t ever since he had grabbed Zain and felt that zap when Zain had poked James at the same time he couldn’t get a real read on James for some reason and it was annoying the f*ck out of him. They didn’t want him to know something, was it this or something else? They jumped from rooftop to rooftop, he was surprised that there wasn’t a army of cops or the actual ARMY there surrounding the area already but they were slow to react. Just as he thought that he heard a helicopter in the distance. James turned at the sound as well and they both ran across the street to the multilevel carpark. They went down a few levels and James went to the wall and pressed on a section which scanned his hand. A large door opened and a personal garage with a few of the family armored cars was there. As well a gunmetal black Charger, like his original one gleamed under a light in the center. James grabbed a key and an alarm chirped. ”I’m driving though, I want you do shoot anything, conserve your main energy for Genesis. Yes I should let you drive, but with what you went through, I don’t want you to have a flashback and crash.” Topher winced but didn’t complain. ”Good point, old or new?” ”Half and half, Tonya knows you don’t like full electric, but the new regulations are strict. Aurelia helped me mod the engine so it would meet the D.O.T. Rules, Hemi and all but half Electric so some fuel efficiency. Modern inside but some old.” They got in and the car started right up. ”DNA coded, only recognizes those we allow. Anyone tries to steal it, they’ll have a bad day.” James sped off rather quickly and headed out of the city towards the outskirts and towards Genesis. They had to dodge around a few cops that tried to stop them but the car maneuvered so fast that the cops were pretty much standing still to them.

They really didn’t have any issues getting out of the city. James knew exactly what streets to avoid where to turn and when to stop to avoid a cop that would have nailed them at a cross street. They got to an area and James stopped before Topher could say to and put the car in park. Genesis was on a island, most were transported by ferry, they’d either have to catch the boat off-guard which wasn’t likely considering they knew Topher was coming or steal another boat. ”Jack called ahead, theres a boat waiting, though if we drive this car to the docks it will be noticed right away. We’d be better on foot.” Topher nodded, black charger was too easily spotted if they went on foot they can skirt around the dock area and get to the boat in the shadows before anyone noticed they were even in the boat. They made it to the boat, only having to deal with one guard from the Genesis that roamed around for the ferry, most likely an added one for him. It seemed to easy, they got to the island and hopped out quickly and made it to the outer wall. Topher quickly gathered kinetic energy as James went around another way without being said anything. He sent a blast at the wall and it stood for a few seconds but cracked, then crumbled and he walked in then walked over to the front entrance where a group of guards aimed weapons at him. ”Alright, where’s the f*ckhead calling shots, cause I know its’ not Paul, someone else is being stupid. Tell him he has two options. Give me Chris, and I walk away now. Don’t give me Chris, I start killing anyone in my way and tear down this mother f*cking place.”  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:32 pm
This time when Chris woke up, she recognized where she was. It was the same room as before. There was something bothering her arm and she went to reach for it only to hear, ”I swear to god if you pull out that IV again I will get Alex to tie you down so you can’t do it again.” Chris ignored her and still went for it only to get her hand smacked. She looked over at Nichole who was frowning at her. ”Seriously? I know you are awake. Don’t give me that look. I really will get him to tie you down...” ”Who says I would?” Alex was leaning against the wall close to the door. Nichole threw him a glare. This was adorable… ’Don’t get involved.’ This wasn’t going to end well. Topher was going to tear this place down and there would be casualties.

Chris started to sit up but Nichole pushed her back down. ”No… Stay…” She turned around and walked across the room to grab something from her bag and Chris ignored her and sat up anyway. Alex snickered and Nichole turned back around and made a displeased noise. ”You are so stubborn!” Chris shrugged. ”It’s a family trait.” ”You know what they say about meeting your heroes, Nic.” She flipped him off. ”a*****e…” ”Nichole is completely obsessed with your family. Ask her any random fact and I bet she knows it.” Nichole looked flustered. ”That is not true! Okay, so what I followed Mrs. Jenny’s political career a bit closely…” ”And everytime Chris has a case you come in the next day talking about it and…” ”Stop! Just… you’ve proven your point. I may know a tad more than the average person. But I’m not obsessed… You make me sound like a stalker or something.” She ruffled through the bag and cursed.

”Damn it I left my stethoscope in the office. Alex, would you be a dear and go get it for meeee?” Alex shook his head. ”No, you know I can’t leave you here alone with her.” He stared at Chris who stared right back. ”Come on! She’s harmless. Besides, you did it earlier.” ”That was diff… ”Please? If you are that worried, just let one of the others wait in here with us. I don’t wanna walk that far and there’s other things I can do while you are gone.” Alex sighed and gave up. She would just annoyingly pout until he gave in anyway so it was usually better to just let her have her way.

”And what the hell was that?” As much as her logic was telling her not to get involved, she couldn’t help but notice they way they talked, the way Nichole looked at him. Her Empathy was still technically there even if she couldn’t use it. She’d been at this long enough to notice the signs. As Nichole came back over with a thermometer, Chris noticed she was blushing lightly. ”What, that was nothing.” Chris gave her a look that said she didn’t believe her and Nichole stuck the thermometer under her tongue. ”Fine... I kind of… maybe… sorta…” Chris stared at the door, hearing something going on outside and it slamed open, stopping Nichole and making her jump. She turned quickly as three armed guards entered the room. ”Hey! You can’t be in here!” She walked forward to try and stop them but they pushed her aside like she was nothing. Chris stared at them and let the themometer drop out of her mouth. ”What can I do for you boys?” ”No one is supposed to have access to prisoners without Ms. Sarah being present.” ”Sarah is not a problem. Alberdine has stripped her of command. He’s in charge now.” Nichole grabbed at the closest guy to pull him away and make him stop. The guard closest to Chris grabbed her arm and yanked out the IV. It stung but it gave Chris an opportunity to smack the guy in the ear with her open palm and kick him away.

She stood carefully but by now the one guard had separated himself from Nichole and had her pinned to the ground. ”Little trouble maker.” ”I can’t let you do this…” She struggled as best she could but she wasn’t getting out of that. But it also only left one guard… well actually the other guy recovered quicker than she’d hoped so it was still two on one. With a sigh she lifted her hands. ”Just go ahead and take me. Nichole, you probably don’t want to stick around after this.” The one behind her roughly cuffed her from behind and once he was done the one in front of her smirked. ”You don’t have to be gentle.” She heard a chuckle from behind her, something hit her hard and she went down. Again.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:37 pm
Chris was getting tired of this waking up in a different place business. As she woke she noticed that the empty pressure in her chest seemed worse somehow. Her hands were still cuffed behind her and she was sitting in a chair. There was nothing else in the room and she couldn’t see the door from her spot, it was probably behind her. Also behind her was a person, who spoke when she started to move. ”Well, well, well… Look who finally woke up.” As if that wasn’t a cliche line or anything. Alberdine walked around so he was standing in front of her.

”So you decided to get Sarah out of your way just to have a conversation with me in private I see. Do you do that to all the ladies you like or just me? Well I’m sorry to tell you that I’m happily married, as flattering as this show is. You can just let me go now. Oh wait, you want Topher don’t you. Well he is also married so you can just f*ck off to whatever hole you crawled out of.” He laughed. ”I wouldn’t worry so much about Sarah. She’ll be fine, and most of the place won’t even realize she’s taking a leave of absence for a while. And I’m surprised at you Christine. I thought you would be smart enough to realize this wasn’t just about Christopher. That is Paul’s deal. He has his own issues with your family but that’s not what this is about. I hate all psychics.”

”You want Topher and I out of the way so you can take on the Tower. Where the largest number of high ranking psychics will be. And you let it go into lockdown because you plan to show you are bigger and stronger than the company that employs the highest number of psychics. That you are stronger than the family that brought psychics the most positive attention. And you actually believe that you can accomplish that? You have obviously never met our family.” Alberdine narrowed his gaze, concerned about her scary accuracy even without her abilities. ”You think I didn’t know something like this would happen? Granted I hadn’t considered Genesis and the lack of abilities is annoying but I knew the second Topher didn’t fall into Paul’s trap where this would go.” ”You sure are calm for someone who won’t make it out of this alive.” ”So are you.” He seemed to pause at that thought. Chris didn’t know exactly how this ended, only a belief that Topher would make it. A small glimmer of hope that they made it out of this okay.

He came closer to her. ”Let’s just see which one of us is right.” Chris held her mouth shut and he grabbed her face, pulling it closer to his as he spoke, ”I am going to enjoy this.” She stared him down and a small smirk crossed her lips before she pulled her head back and headbutted him. He stumbled back slightly, anger written all over his face. He reached out and smacked her, hard. Her vision blurred but she was smiling. ”I changed my mind General. I thought Topher would make this quick and painless on you, but now. Now that I’ve seen you for the psychopath you really are, I am sure he’s going to rip you to shreds. Very. F*cking. Slowly.”

Alberdine frowned. ”You really do think you know everything. Your brother is coming her up against an army and a building that stops abilities. Why are you so sure he won’t die as soon as he gets here? What do you know that I don’t?” Chris didn’t speak, face completely blank. ”ANSWER ME!” He looked like he was going to smack her again but thought better of it, instead pulling out his knife. ”Fine. Let's get started then. Your screams will have to do.”

But no matter what he did, she did not scream. Small and large cuts, burns and even a broken toe and she still didn’t scream. Alberdine almost thought she couldn’t feel it, but her face did twist in pain each time. He only stopped when his radio blared ”Mizuki is here.” He smiled. ”Looks like Christopher finally made it to play.” Chris’s heart jumped. Topher… He radioed back ”Good, tell the away team to get ready for breach. You boy’s at the front, make sure Mizuki knows to come get me.” Chris felt her breath catch. The Tower… She had to hope that their efforts could hold them out long enough… One of the guard from the front radioed back, ”Sir… I don’t know a lot about psychics, but aren’t glowing eyes a bad thing?” Chris smirked again. ”Your s**t is so f*cked.” Alberdine let out a frustrated groan before smacking Chris again. She noticed his hand still on his radio, Topher would have heard it for sure. ”Topher, tear this place down.”

Alberdine was pissed now, throwing the radio against the wall and breaking it. He glared at Chris but then he took a deep breath and smiled instead. ”Its fine. Soon you and your brother will be dead here at my feet and we’ll get into that Tower.” He was trying to take control of the situation again. ”Now if I recall correctly, your daughter was projected a B rank right? She’s what… 16 now? And you haven’t had her secondary tested yet? Christine you know better than that.” Chris stared him down. He was walking a dangerous road. ”And your son. Liam right?” ”You leave them out of this…” ”Oh did I finally hit a nerve. I heard a rumor that he’s almost as strong as your brother was at his age in Telepathy. So killing him obviously is just doing the world a favor.” ”I will not tell you again…” ”Oh and Nate. I bet that fool is still there thinking he can actually help. He’ll probably die first trying to defend the kids.” Chris started to get up but there was a flicker of the lights that gave both of them pause. For a small window there, Chris could “see” James. Of course they’d send Topher with someone...especially after China.

”I see now. Of course he would know… Luckily there is a backup specifically for these rooms. Helps make Isolation rooms twice as effective. That means…” He grabbed her by her hair and pulled her out of the chair. ”Your brother should be here soon.” He pulled her close and before she could struggle, he poked the tip of a needle into the side of her throat. ”No moving now. This is a very, very lethal dose of Fentanyl. You recognize the name, don’t you.” Chris didn’t respond but she was very careful as he pulled her back into the corner, facing the door. ”Using me as a shield won’t stop him.” Her voice was no more than a whisper. He snarled and pulled out his gun, aiming over her shoulder towards the door. ”I don’t need it to stop him, just slow him down enough so I can shoot him.”

They stood there in silence for a moment. ”You know I half expected you to fight back a lot sooner than you did. But this is better. This way he can watch me kill you and know he was too slow. As much as I’d love to get rid of you now.” Chris held her mouth in a thin line, waiting. Watching the door closely, missing the slight flicker of lights again. Heart beating loudly as the door was literally ripped from its hinges. In the same moment Alberdine started to shoot Topher, Chris pushed herself back into him, making him miss. However he did exactly as he promised. The effect was almost instant. As Chris’s body went limp, Alberdine roughly pushed her to the side and she collapsed on the ground. ”That’s one down.”

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:26 pm
Topher saw the guards hesitation and waited for them to call the f*ckhead in charge. He knew that James had gone off to do something else, most likely knowing his part in this showdown. Looking over the group he turned back to the one speaking at the mention of the glowing eyes and smirked. ”Boy, you haven’t seen anything yet. Glowing eyes, are the least of your problems…” He heard Chris through the radio then it went staticky and clicked. Welp, so much for negotiating, Topher grinned, he pretty much expected that, but was hoping the a**hole in charge wouldn’t risk all his men. He felt the power drop and could feel Chris for a bit and then felt something happen and his anger flared. He noticed another power shield come up, which meant they had a backup somewhere, which wasn’t in the original plans that he knew of, probably because he knew of them. He also noticed at the time his anger spiked that the guards took a step back, good.

--
James had managed easily to get past all the guards and only had to take a few out. A little too easily as he thought about it. The system went down really quick and he smirked but then frowned as a backup came up and he felt it. He turned to where he knew the source would be but stopped. Something was warning him heavily to not go there, but he’d need to if Topher was to have any means to tear this place down without any resistance. He made his way to where he figured the backup would be and stopped dead as his instincts told him to go on guard. He heard clapping and someone coming up in front of him. ”Send the dog to do the work while psycho kills everyone is that it?” James paused at the voice as someone familiar came into view. ”Alex?” The buff looking guy smirked and got into a fighting stance, he wasn’t even armed. ”Glad you at least remember me. Chris took a bit, though if I recall, you were the one that had the schoolboy crush on her.” James also took a fighting stance and glared at his old friend.

”Harmless kid s**t Alex. We were neighbors, we went to the same school, it was bound to happen.” ”And she turned out to be the freak they WERE looking for.” James took a step forward at that but paused. ”You’re not working for Alberdine.” Alex smirked and shook his head. ”You are quick, no I am not. I’m here to make sure you don’t succeed so that Topher doesn’t. The Tower needs to fall.” ”Melina?” Alex looked like he was about to step forward to meet James previous movement but stopped at that and glared at him. ”See, what your files don’t tell you is I actually have a kid. A son of sorts, b*tch of a ex wont let me see him, though Melina found them and has them hostage, so I’m kind of stuck, now shut up and let me kick you’re a*s.”
--  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:50 am
James blinked, that was off, no, the timeline was off. ”F*ck, things aren’t what they should be Alex, you should’ve come to Frederick for help.” Alex smirked and did take a few steps forward. ”That OLD man? What could he have done? She has my son you dumba*s” James looked down and cursed mentally, Melina had gotten to him too far back that he knew Alex wouldn’t be persuaded. ”So be it.” James pulled a pistol quickly and started shooting but at the same time Alex hand moved quickly forward and stepped into Jame’s reach and jabbed him in the chest though it felt like someone hit him with a ram. James slid to the ground and tried to get the pistol back up to aim at Alex but felt a heavy boot come down on his wrist. ”tsk tsk… Bringing a gun, I’m not even armed. “ Alex quickly disarmed James with brut force and then much to his dismay James felt himself being lifted by his neck.
--
The first bit was all a blur to Topher, he remember talking about how he had gotten the nickname Dragon after being targeted with a rocket launcher and then things just went to s**t, for them. His shields were good on a normal day, when he was as pissed as he was now like then, the first time Alberdine tried to kill him his shields could take a lot and now, well now, the dozen or so men that were standing there were already dead, in a matter of seconds. He found a radio that still worked and picked it up. ”Someone tell Alberdine, that his welcoming party is all dead, you need more men, but they might not get here in time to save you.” He grabbed one of the key-badges off one of the higher men and made his way inside. He felt the drain immediately but pulled on his reserve which made things go hazy for a second as he would seem to glow. The men in the lobby took a step back from him. Why he actually made a lobby for this shithole he couldn’t remember. ”Sir, he, well its not his eyes that are just glowing now, HE IS.” He heard one of them speak through the radio before he tossed the smoke grenades he had grabbed in a arc around the room.

He could still feel the slight mental connection to all the men as they went off and he hid behind a barrier waiting for them to all have to start reload. He normally would go full hand to hand but a army base wasn’t a place to raid unarmed. He quickly fired single headshots, his pistols from James carrying armor piercing rounds and one by one all the men in the lobby dropped as well in a matter of a few minutes of hiding after they reloaded again then firing again through the smoke. He waited a bit then walked to the first man and pulled the machine gun off him and the clips he could find, doing the same for the second. He took a pistol and more spare rounds off another man and put them in his suit coat, one custom tailored with pockets in the tail flap for carrying ammo. He was waiting for the barrier to go down, knowing from small glimpses that there would be a second one. After a small explosion he felt it go down. At the same time he searched and didn’t find Chris, or James for that matter. He stopped in the middle of the lobby as more men came in surrounding him.

He had his eyes closed so they were hesitant at first. ”Ord…” The man was about to say shoot him but Topher mentally forced them all to stand there, he opened his eyes now violently glowing and even with his mental pull some of them took a step back. He walked in the direction he knew Alberdine would be and commanded them to kill each other. His head had felt a small whisper left from Chris and Alberdine killed her, she was barely there when James took down the secondary. Now he wasn’t stuck on reserves. He could kill Alberdine here, but no, he wanted to face that a*shole and pull the trigger himself. He took control of any men he could and spoke through them. ”Alberdine, start running, because you wont make it out of here alive if you don’t.”
--
James could see where the device was that was pulling the power to the second blocker. He was barely steps away but Alex had stepped right in front of him. Alex smirked knowing what James was thinking about as he kept pressure on Jame’s windpipe. James pulled a device from his pocked and tossed it towards the power device. ”The ********> James quickly pulled a knife out and slammed it into Alex’s gut while he was distracted. ”Small present from Jack. Seems someone told him this would happen and he made a toy.” Alex kicked James violently and started towards the device. James tackled Alex but they both kept rolling towards it. Something clicked in James pocket and he smirked, pulling his hand out to show Alex the trigger. ”Three Seco…” Was all he got before the small bomb Jack made went off taking out the device knocking out the power for the second generator and making a rather large whole in the roof.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Topher felt the bomb go off and stared towards the roof, that would be why he couldn’t feel James anymore. He stopped for a brief moment and clenched his fist, things were going downhill, something told him James could still be alive, but that blast was rather large if he felt it from here. He didn’t bother moving as the men surrounded him while he had his eyes closed contemplating James’ death. He felt a brief other connection and knew that Chris was still there but feint. He opened his eyes and found quite a few barrels aimed at his head. He glared at the closest and the man took a step back. At this point his eyes were glowing, by now they were most likely going white. He simply told them to just stop, everyone.

He walked past the men and a few of them moved their eyes to watch him and he could tell they were trying to fight his control over them. He stopped at the hallway leading to Alberdine and turned back. ”Waste of ammo and time… Stop breathing.” He reloaded the pistol he took and continued on as the sound of choking men behind him started, they’d certainly try stop but his control over them at this point would negate anything they do. He rounded the corner sensing more men and simply shot the first in the head before they could react, used his body as a shield and waited until the others had to reload then shot the rest in the head as well. He was one hallway closer and could sense Alberdine getting nervous now as men closer to him started dying. He spoke through men closer to Alberdine. ”Let her go and you wont di..” He heard gunfire as Alberdine shot the man Topher was speaking through and he just shook his head. Oh well.

He turned another corned and quickly dodged back around as a barrage of bullets came at him. He put up a shield and turned again and just kept walking as the bullets hit the shield. He got closer and turned the men on each other with a simple command. He was closer to the room Alberdine and Chris were in now, ”You wanted me here, YOU GOT ME!” He wasn’t going to hold back once he got in there, he could tell the closer he got that things were going to sh*t. He walked in and shot the closest man and paused as Alberdine lifted Chris. ”Give yourself up.” ”You know that’s not going to happen. I told Summers that if I ever saw you I wouldn’t play nicely, and then you go and kidnap Chris. So how about, f*ck no.” ”Thought so.” Topher didn’t have time to react before Alberdine stuck a syringe in Chris and tossed her aside. He felt Chris almost fade even more than before. Alberdine used the distraction to shoot a rocket at him sending him back through the doorway.

Luckily Topher had put up a double shield before going to deal with the a*shole and was only thrown back into the wall. He was dazed a bit after hitting the wall quite hard, the half of the room he had been standing in was trashed. He rushed over to Chris and picked her up not caring what state he was in. Alberdine had ran out through another door. ”CHRIS! CHRIS! C’MON!” He could barely feel her and probably smacked her face harder than he should have at the moment. ”Don’t…”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:02 pm
As Topher slapped Chris’s face, she forced him into the mindscape with her. It was just a generic blank area, similar to the place they did their power swap. She stood across from him, obviously having been crying. She didn’t rush to him like she might have under different circumstances. ”Topher… I…” He gave her a look that made her pause and he rushed to her and pulled her into a hug. She couldn’t hold back her tears. This was it. She knew it, he knew it. She balled her fists in his chest and sobbed. She just wanted to stay here, to spend these moments being close to the person she loved most.

Still, as the moments ticked by, she knew she couldn’t. There were still things to do, things she had to say. Her breath caught in her throat and she knew she didn’t have time. Time was almost equal here to outside, she couldn’t waste her last moments. She pushed back out of his hug just enough to be able to look him in the face. It was blurry through the tears but she could tell he was probably crying too. ”Topher. Please.T-the Tower needs you. More than ever. A-alberdeen’s men breached through the l-lockdown. T-there’s not enough of the security team left to deal with a-all of those men.” She still had her hands on his chest and she grabbed a fist full of his shirt. ”And the Kids…. Lexa, Liam, Nate… Protect them. And before you go do anything crazy, p-please Tell them I love them.”

She knew there was nothing at this point she could say to stop him from what he was going to do next. She closed her eyes as the tears flowed freely again. She leaned forward and placed her forehead on his chest. She didn’t want to go. Not like this. ”Topher… I…” Her breathing was shallow here now too and she knew the lack of oxygen to her brain was starting to wear her down. It wouldn’t be much longer. ”I’m sorry. Topher. I love you…” Her grip on his shirt loosened. ”I… can’t… She choked on her sobs and with the last of her strength she pushed him away and out of the mindscape.

Chris had fallen still and silent, no longer gasping for air. She was almost peaceful and could almost be mistaken for sleeping if not for the blue color in her lips and face. She was dead or at least far enough gone that there would be no way to bring her back.

-----

The first person to feel it was Liam. He and Lexa were with Barbara and the twins in their apartment, being kept far away from the battle below. Lexa was pacing, same with Toby. Both of them wanted to be out there defending their home. When it happened Liam sat up much straighter, staring off to the side. ”No…” Lexa stopped her pacing only for Toby to run right into her and she pushed him aside. ”Would you watch where you are going?” She snapped at Toby before turning back to Liam who hadn’t said anything else yet. ”Liam?” As she spoke, she felt it too and by the look on Toby’s face, he also felt it. ”Mom…” Lexa covered her mouth with her hands, tears threatening to spill.

That was quickly followed by waves of energy that even set Barbara on edge. Uncle Topher’s reaction to their mom’s death made it solidify in their minds as the truth. Lexa couldn’t stand anymore and fell down on her butt hard, pulling her legs to her chest and sobbing into her knees. Liam felt… numb. This couldn’t be happening. He could hear Toni and Barbara saying things around him but none of it registered to him. He closed his eyes for a moment, expanding his mind outward and gently taking count of everyone in the building.

Suddenly he stood and as he did, smaller objects around the room started to lift up and there was a light tremor throughout the building. He furrowed his brow and his face scrunched up as if he was concentrating really hard. They took her from him. They took her from him…

-----

Nate, Aurelia and Tonya were downstairs on the first floor where the breach happened. They had done their best at first keeping the enemy at bay but now they were unfortunately running low on amo. Nate had already been shot in the arm at some point, only now, in a slight lull in the shooting was Tonya getting a chance to look at it. Aurelia was set up against the opposite wall and peaked out to see if they were safe yet. The three of them felt it at the same time. ”That’s… Topher…” He winced as Tonya had been trying to dig the bullet out of his arm but had suddenly stopped. He leaned his head back against the wall, trying to keep the tears from falling. Something must have happened. ”That’s the least of our worries, look…” Nate and Tonya poked their head out to see the remaining soliders coming out into the opening now. But… They looked like they were struggling against something. ”Wimp…” ”Shut up Aurelia… God that hurt. Where is Zain anyway.” ”Back in the back with the other wounded… Where you should be.” Nate gave her a sharp look but she wasn’t looking at him, having peaked around the corner one more time. ”Well if Liam is going to line them up…” Three shots and three bodies dropped to the floor. ”And that’s why I’m head of security.” But that was the last of what she had on her. She leaned back against the wall and sighed. ”I never thought I’d say this, but I hope Topher and Chris do get here soon…” Even though there was no mistake the waves of psychic energy that they all had felt, Aurelia wasn’t about to give up hope yet. ”Right. We should probably move then.” The girls nodded and Aurelia pushed herself to a standing position and together with Tonya, helped get Nate off the floor. They would make it, they had to…

-----

Jenny was exactly where she didn’t want to be. As most of their staff were non-combat oriented, Jenny was more or less forced to stick with those who stayed behind. As the moral support. Though Aurelia had mentioned it like chess. In a way she was the most important piece. Of course that meant she wouldn’t let Jack go out there without her so the two of them were together. Which was good when the first indication of Chris’s death hit. ”No…” She clenched her fists and closed her eyes, willing it not to be true. However the second wave of Topher’s energy confirmed it. He was going to lose control and honestly she couldn’t find it in herself to blame him this time.

Jack came to her and they hugged tightly. However that moment didn’t last long as the tremors in the building started. Jenny gave Jack a dark look. ”Liam…” Of course the boy would react in such a way. ”We have to keep the building in one piece, can’t let him bring it down on top of all of us…”

((Playlist I used to write this >.<
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvsRxjGCpwXTinoSMw6WpGdZyX1copNWs ))  
Out Of Cookies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff