Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Sunlight of the First Day (Bossu, Ana, & Riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:42 am
Something was shining on him that day and it wasn't his own hide for a change. Rider reclined off and reading some notes on a rock, it left Bossuth to wander around the bowl for the first time since he'd Impressed to his Radish and he was looking at absolutely everything. There were a lot of interesting things to be found just by exploring and watching what was going on with some of the senior weyrlings that were training a ways off. Brilliantly purple eyes swirled about but they kept flickering a myriad of different colors as he sniffed about, checking out everything, reacting to everything and asking questions of his redheaded rider as he went. Sunlight seemed to just soak through him and it was taking just a little bit of getting used to since he'd been inside since leaving the sands with the exception of one time when Shar had helped R'iz escape for a bit.

Is it supposed to be this cold? It's what's called 'winter', so it'll be cold for a while and then in a few months you'll see how warm it gets in 'summer'. What's all this white stuff everywhere? Snow, it's powder that falls from the sky when it's really cold. But why? Because it was going to rain and and it got too cold, so it froze and fell. It's fun to play in from what people tell me. Oh! Okay!

With no warning at all the little bronze took a bite of the white stuff that had been heaped up against one of the stone walls and his eyes rippled with spots and sparks of yellow, orange, blue, and white. It's not at all fun to eat though! Brrrr! Bossuth wrinkled his nose up dramatically and snorted the snow back out of his mouth so it landed in a watery mess not far off. You aren't supposed to eat it bud. You play in it but it's really cold so you probably don't want to do that just yet. Wait until it's actively falling again and we'll come and play in it, yeah? Trusting his rider to be accurate and correct, the little bronze hopped backwards away from that white and frigid 'snow' stuff with something like disdain on his muzzle as he went to explore something else.

As he snuffled about a bit more he caught a beam of sunlight and could feel himself warm up a bit so he opened his cool mouth to it, but snapped it shut when he felt something else warm up on himself. He'd never experienced anything like it before, though R'iz had promised him he would since he was so new, but the little swirled pieces of metal around his stubby head knobs were warming up in the sunlight a bit, adding a different feeling to them once more. The whole thing was actually lots of fun, since his head knobs had been commented about being shorter than they should as was, so once they had gotten to move into the barracks and out of the healers, the redhead had spun something about them for fun. Of course he'd seen in him that R'iz played with something odd before, but little did he know he would use it on him!

Bossuth loved it and loved that it was new! Shaking his head about he bounced a bit and immediately regretted it, honking in distress as he almost smacked into a larger dragon who simply glared down at him in response. Shuffling backwards the little bronze bowed his head and ended up on his rump, watching the larger dragon walk off without picking it back up, but he'd wandered just far enough away from his rider that he'd missed the actual scene but felt the turmoil. Don't bow down so, you're exploring! It'll be okay, just shake it off Bossuth. To his credit, he did try to buck himself up but the little bronze stayed on his rump with his wings drooping a bit as he looked around at everything with wariness, almost wanting to run back for a moment or two to hide in safety. What... what if he messed up and made more dragons mad? It had started off so fun but he didn't want to upset anyone with his explorations... maybe he should just....

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 pm
I am sure if you were to ask they would help you find a warmer coat, Anakumath had discovered quickly how the Western woman handled the chill of High Reaches. The snow wasn't unpleasant by itself, but it seemed like no matter how heavy of boot was worn or how many socks one put on, all it took was a misplaced puddle or a proper gust of wind to have Martirae fighting off a chill and keeping herself from shivering out of mere pride. If what I have suffices for everybody else, then I will not ask for more, Martirae answered. As quickly as such special favors could have been pulled, she'd been quite firm in that she desired no special treatment. Normally, Anakumath wholeheartedly agreed with it all - but normally she wasn't so certain it would send her beloved running to a healer at some point. I am not so proud that I'll catch a cold before I get a thicker coat.

Whether that was true or not, however, would be seen at a later time. The gold's attention had been drawn away into the Weyrbowl, eyes whirling yellow at some scene Marty couldn't spot immediately. "What is it?" she barely asked before the small gold, though she was already starting to feel so much bigger, made quite pointed strides out into the sands, her wings half mantled. It hardly looked aggressive when Anakumath did it, compared to her brother Cadereth. But it was a different bronze that had called her attention.

Is all well, Bossuth? she inquired, creeling softly as she drew close, already prepared to stretch one of her large wings out to offer her clutchbrother a place where he could duck out of sight for a few moments and perhaps compose himself in the face of whatever distress ailed him. Had the older dragon perhaps said something? Had she been Mictecath, perhaps she would have been the sword that pursued them to correct an unknown sleight. But she was merely Anakumath, a sheild and a balm for those she cared for. Come, tell me what has you looking so sad, she sat close, already drawing a wing up to offer a shoulder to him.

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:00 pm
Having been privy to Bossuth's up and down desires to explore and see all of the Weyr and yet simultaneously hide away from meeting any because it was all so big for his small self, R'iz wasn't overly concerned just yet about his dragon. Indeed it seemed that he was ready to run back and try to hide underneath his legs as he read, but soon enough something would catch his attention again, surely. In fact it seemed that it already had, for the connection between them twanged with recognition that had the redhead look up from his notes and wander just far enough to set sights on Bossuth's hide again, only to see a gold alongside him. Shar had written down, sensibly, in her notes the names of each fellow Weyrling they were training with and even those that were in a different class for him to read over and memorize. While the others had started to blend together with time, the names of the two golds that topped the list, in traditional High Reaches manner even, he could still remember fairly well. Not pale enough, so this one was Anakumath, from the other clutching queen then, Bossuth's cousin.

Seeming that she had it well enough in hand, just from the tilt of emotion that seemed to lift in the little bronze, R'iz stepped back and leaned against the rock to read some more and catch up on all he'd been missing until now. Classes for he and his dragon started in earnest the next day after all, he'd be eaten alive if not prepared and a broken jaw paired with time spent in the healers wing wouldn't save him from Master V'mel or his assistants if he wasn't read up on what he'd missed. Still, he wasn't cruel or at all dismissive of Bossuth's feelings, especially when he was feeling worried and timid, so R'iz sent a jolt of love to the dragon as he started to read again.

Though he could feel the jolt of love well and even responded with a soft one of his own, Bossuth rather returned the creel of concern that he could hear from Anakumath with a quiet bugle of welcome. Followed swiftly by respect and admiration for his kindhearted clutchsister. She had been one of the hearts that had reached out to him after the fright of the hatching when... well he wouldn't think on that, but it was still nice to see her again at last. But she must have so many better things to do than focus on his foolishness, he was unworthy of her concern and his head dipped a bit as it would with Alquemieth. Oh, I... I'm sorry dear Anakumath. It was my fault, I was exploring and being foolish. I deserve.... I should have stayed closer to my Radish.

Voice getting quieter and quieter as he spoke, the little bronze flicked his crooked tail forlornly, not wanting to bother her with himself. He had just been rather excited to see what the Weyr had to offer, but Bossuth felt like a fool for not heeding his twin's words that it was dangerous out here. Away from him....

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:15 pm
While Martirae could have never have been described as heartless, the warmth that Anakumath openly showed for all of her clutchsiblings was worlds away from her. He doesn't need you to fix his problems for him, Martirae informed her gently. That doesn't mean I shouldn't help, Anakumath replied insistently, not rebuffing her beloved's opinion, but gently expressing her own on the matter. Either way, the woman made no attempt to pull the gold back to her side, content to keep her boots dry and free of snow while she observed from afar.

As Bossuth bowed his head, Anakumath surged with that same feeling that made Marty's chest tighten like a vice of unknown emotion. Marty grabbed it tightly, unwilling to let it make her beloved falter in her cause. If his respect bothers you, return it, she willed. Anakumath found it agreeable advice, lowering her own head so it was even lower than her cousin's, more yellow whirling into already yellow and green eyes. She was but a baby as he was, after all, and there was no good cause for any of the others to hold her in high esteem when she'd done nothing to show for it yet.

His explanations for what had happened did not yield any answer that Anakumath could deem satisfactory. Inching closer, Anakumath made sure to allow him the space he may have wanted between them, even if she still had one wing partially lifted, ready to drape it over him like a blanket of security. Surely it was not as foolish as you say it was. Were you enjoying yourself? she inquired with a soft voice. Tell me all about your exploring and what you discovered, Bossuth.

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:38 pm
Green/yellow eyes swirled quickly around and around when Anakumath lowered her head well below where he'd hung his and without warning they popped to white. What if he'd insulted her in some way? What if he had done something wrong again? Calm and sweet Anakumath was a gold dragon and though he was new to the world, Bossuth knew enough that he could tell she was leaps above himself in social structures, just what R'iz had been reading had taught him that in kind. His sweet cousin's head shouldn't be below his so that she was forced to look up to his worthless self, but he was immobilized by an anxious feeling that told him he'd done wrong despite not knowing how he'd managed to do it.

Calm down, she might be a gold but she's still a Weyrling like you and I. Anakumath is a clutchmate of yours, you're family. If she wants to show you respect, then let her. Stalled in his reading by the feelings from his little bronze, R'iz stuck a finger in his book and leaned to look at them again, as if he could figure out why Bossuth was terrified. Nothing seemed wrong but this was Bossuth, so it could be just about anything that had him showing fear. It's gonna be okay bud, just remember you aren't alone.

Slowly green overtook the little bronze's eyes again and once Anakumath inched closer to him they were completely green at last, even if a ring of yellow was still there but he couldn't help it. Catching note of the wing that was lifted almost as if it were just for him, Bossuth shimmied his body beneath it quietly, wings still drooping down to the ground until he was covered almost completely by his cousin's large wing. Everything is so busy in the Bowl, the Healers were busy too but not like this. People and dragons running around, chilly winter air and snow... did you know that snow is cold, frozen water? If you eat it the stuff changes back right away. Voice getting a little more excited as he explained it, he shifted a bit and caught himself. I just don't want to get in everyone's way.... being like this. Sorry.

It came out like a whisper, the last thing that he'd said, and he hunkered a little under her wing with eyes that peered out over the Bowl again in curiosity. While he was concerned about being a bother and living up to expectations of himself, Bossuth still had a burning curiosity deep within his hearts.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:02 pm
As he tucked himself underneath it, Anakumath gently rested her wing over her smaller cousin, allowing him what respite from watching eyes he could take in such a place. More greens whirled into her eyes as Bossuth began to regale her with his discoveries of the day, her mental touch like an attentive nod. I had never thought to try and eat it, she pointed out, careful to keep from telling him that she had known that the snow was frozen water simply because of how her Martirae felt about it all.

But as his excitement waned, Anakumath nosed his cheek. Well you're already not in my way, so you can't get into eveyrbody's way from the start. And I know you could never be in Aunt Fianth's way, or Mictecath's, or Uncle Krah's. The potential everybody is already lacking everybody in it. Of course, she was also aware there were some who perhaps thought otherwise - she wasn't blind and blithe to everything.

What do you want to go see? I am certain there is plenty we could go find together, if that would make you feel better.

Martirae accepted that their plans were to be delayed for a little longer - but Anakumath felt this so important, she allowed it to be. It seemed backwards to deny her beloved the opportunities to care about her family. Which meant at least for a little bit, perhaps she could work on her other new project. A little time to plan out another map.

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:35 pm
A slight amount of bravery returned to the little bronze when he felt Anakumath's wing rest against his shoulders and he peeked out from beneath it out over the bowl before turning green eyes edged with yellow back at her. She was very sweet to be taking time out of her extra busy schedule to even be standing beside him, let alone trying to help him when he likely didn't deserve such a kindness. No, no he needed to not think those type of thoughts, or at least that was what he was receiving from R'iz gently as the teenager tried very hard not to eavesdrop on his dragon and his little clutch sibling.

Well.... 'little'.

At her statement that he clearly wasn't in everyone's way, Bossuth perked up slightly. Not very much visibly, but just enough that it showed he was thinking on her words. Surely he'd never be in his wonderful mother's way, or his father's indeed... surely. Mictecath he wasn't sure about, for she could take the same route as his twin brother who certainly believed him to be a pox on his family line even if he hadn't said it entirely out loud yet. It had been implied in his words and actions as he kept him close and out of trouble. He wilted just a bit thinking about that until his Radish reminded him that Anakumath herself had claimed not to be bothered by him and it brought little sparks. She was a fantastic cousin after all! Cousin... clutch sibling..?

R'iz simply held his head at all the mixed thoughts running through his little bronze's head all at once; thoughts of inferiority and respect for his cousin, the thought that the redhead wasn't sure if she was a cousin or a sibling (Which he knew he'd have to clear up soon for his own sanity as dragons didn't seem to care either way), the joy of Anakumath even wanting to talk to him or walk around with him. It was all swirling around the bond between them and all he could do was finally chuckle and just give a little flicker of encouragement.

If... I'm not in your way. Everything. A pulse of purple spread through his eyes as Bossuth admitted this as almost a whisper to Anakumath, hesitation in his voice as he switched between looking earnestly at her and then back at the Bowl once more. Really, everything and everyone was what he wanted to see but he knew that he couldn't. Not just because there was so much of it and so many people and dragons to meet, but because he was afraid to meet them all at the same time. A tiny hint came from R'iz that made him tilt his head and look squarely at her. I know we can't do that though, what would you suggest? Likely she'd seen quite a few things since they'd hatched and experienced even more, so Bossuth was keen to learn.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:04 am
Purple flecked across blue eyes as Bossuth went on his mental journey through everything she had said, waiting patiently as he processed it all to find she was genuine in such statements. Anakumath leaned in to gently press her snout against the top of her cousin's head, like a kiss to the forehead if dragons could do such things, humming with adoration. Perhaps not a unique love, when she gave such an outpouring of it, but unfaltering never the less.

It even tingled Martirae's senses, despite her best attempts to not let it soften her up too much. She was a guardian and would not allow herself to be seen as a target to approach.

You are never in the way. Come, what were you looking at before? she inquired, knowing he'd have had to be venturing towards something to run into everything. We could go to where they greet the Tithe Caravans, perhaps? There will be plenty of things to see there that have been brought from other places. As she made her offer, the nuzzled her presence underneath Martirae's mind, quietly inquiring if it was alright to go so far.

She assured she would not be far, if that was where the two wanted to go.

Hattaki

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:01 pm
What exactly had he been looking at before, Bossuth couldn't rightly remember what it had been, though it had effectively been anything that had caught his eyes. This being one of his first experiences running out in the open Bowl, somewhat alone but not entirely all by himself, the little bronze had just wanted to see what came to him, came along. And with a press of her nose to his small head, her wing covering his smaller frame entirely, he felt quite a bit more brave than he had moments before.

Hopefully that would last.

Tithe Caravans, if they come with many people and many experiences, that could be fun? You don't think we'd be in their way do you? A worried niggle was in his voice and his wings tightened up around his sides at the thought of being in anyone's way. But I would love to see people coming from outside the Weyr. If you would...

Gently he reached out to R'iz and was instantly given a response, almost faster than he'd been expecting given that his was trying desperately not to pay any attention, and failing quite miserably.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff