Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Welcome to the Furies! (Z'haq & J'lar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:33 pm
When it came to playing Wingleader of Flame's Fury Wing (and now Flightleader of Heart's Fire Flight), Z'haq took his job pretty seriously. Oh sure, he played fairly loosey-goosey with things like wing drills and games, preferring team-building beach parties and the like, but in general he took his job as a leader seriously. He had to set a good example for the wingriders under his command, and a big part of that was getting to know each and every one of them. Only by knowing them and what they expected of him could he effectively lead them.

It was in this spirit that Z'haq was visiting with the newest additions to the Furies individually. He'd watched them all as they'd trained and grown from weyrlings into wingriders, and he had every faith that those he had tapped into his wing would do them all proud. But he didn't really know who they were as people. And he needed that information.

Feet propped up on his desk in the "office" part of his weyr, he sipped a mug of klah as he looked over his list. J'lar was the first name on the list of new wingriders; all Z'haq remembered was that J'lar hadn't been a Candidate out on the sands and that he'd come in and Impressed the little chubby dark blue that had been riding around on Blundarth's head, keening. "Well, this should be interesting, at least," the Wingleader half-smiled to himself as he took another sip of klah.

Loreleth is a good blue, offered Eorawth. I'm sure he chose wisely.

"Oh, I'm sure he did. Dragons always do." Now to wait for J'lar to arrive...

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:03 pm
tatterpixie
I assumed Z'haq would tell him to enter when he knocked, haha...

The large man made his way to the Wingleader's office. Loreleth's eyes where practically white with worry, and he continued to send anxiety through their bond. This wasn't anything unusual and was something the large ex-merc was accustomed to. To counter his blues nerves, the man continued to push assurances at Loreleth.

Calm down now, Lore. We're okay. I'm okay. Nothin' to this meeting. J'lar wasn't worried, for all that his dragon was. He didn't know Z'haq well, but he was his Wingleader, and he would serve him as best as he was able. As far as J'lar was concerned, he didn't care who he followed, so long as they were doing their duty. Being a dragonrider gave him a new purpose, a new destiny; and instead of hurting people, he was able to help them. Instead of being forced to fight another, he could instead fight an Enemy of the planet. How far he'd come from where he'd been... And it was all due to Loreleth deciding that he was his perfect match.

J'lar had thought his life over at High Reaches...but one trip to Western Weyr changed it all. While he wasn't usually the overly-sentimental sort, he did have nothing but gratitude. Impression had changed his destiny, and had given him a new lease on life. In fact, the man was happier than he'd been in Turns, and never begrudged his worried blue. To J'lar, Loreleth was nothing but perfect--worries and all.

Loreleth, for his part, gave a worried creel. Should I speak to Eorawth? Have we done something wrong? Are we not flying well? Do they not want us in their Wing? A list of worries and tragic possibilities were the only thing the poor creature could think of as his rider approached the office.

Naw... We're just as good as any of 'em, and Flame's Fury was luckiest to get you. He could tell his blue was both flattered and unsure. So he sent one more wave of love to Loreleth, and knocked on the door. All's well, love. They got a problem with you, they'll have to deal with me. And that was the truth. If there was one thing J'lar wouldn't abide was anyone speaking ill of his beloved. Loreleth already had worries and fears upon his hearts; he was a gentle beast, and there was nothing he wouldn't do to defend his beloved.

When he was told to enter, the large, gruff looking man did so. "You wanted to see me, sir?" He gave a grunt and the usual rider salute, even as he approached. He honestly wasn't sure why he was here, but unlike his dragon, he wasn't worried. Not much got under his skin; not after the upbringing he'd had. scream

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:21 pm
Z'haq had removed his feet from his desk when he'd heard the knock on the office door, and stood when the big bluerider entered the room. "You can call me Z'haq," he said, returning the salute with a smile. "This isn't a formal affair. Welcome to the Furies. Have a seat, make yourself comfortable."

Returning to his seat, the Wingleader gave J'lar a warm grin. "The reason I asked you to come, J'lar, was so I could get to know you better. I like to meet with everyone who joins my wing so I can introduce myself to you, let you know my expectations and whatnot, and also learn what you expect or need from me in order to help you be your best." His grin widened. "So there's nothing to worry about, no-one is in trouble or anything. That's not how I operate."

He glanced down at his notes. "So I see you were at High Reaches Weyr before coming here. I know you weren't a Candidate -- not that it matters, your Loreleth chose you, and that's good enough for me. Dragons know, after all. What did you do at High Reaches? Anything you are interested in continuing here at Western?"

Outside, Eorawth rearranged himself on his ledge. You may join me here if you wish, Loreleth. There is plenty of room. The bronze's words were filled with calm reassurance. You and Yours have done nothing wrong, so there is no need to worry.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:49 pm
J’lar did as he was bade, taking a seat, and trying not to look too out of place. While he wasn’t at all concerned about trouble--he hadn’t done anything to warrant some sort of lecture, or so he presumed--he wasn’t exactly known to be the talkative or most sociable. Small talk wasn’t much his thing, and there were very few that were able to worm past his natural barriers.

Still, he wasn’t an unpleasant creature, and mostly kept quiet and to himself. He followed orders, did as he was told, and that was all the world needed to know. But now his Wingleader was here, trying to better get to know him. At least it meant Loreleth had nothing to fret about.

The broad man gave a small gunt in confirmation at Z’haq’s words, before giving a shrug. What was he supposed to say? “I was just a grunt, mainly. Kitchen help. Lower Caverns worker I guess.” Honestly, physical labor was about all the man knew how to do. He wasn’t actually Weyr bred, and didn’t have much skill besides physical work. Whether it was beating some man up for a few marks, or twisting lids off jars, it was almost all the same to the blue rider. Thankfully, no one at the Weyrs had ever asked him to do the former, which he was grateful for. “If’n you be needing something moved or lifted, Lore and I are your guys.” That’s what Z’haq wanted to hear, wasn’t it? Thankfully, the ex-merc meant it. He was fine taking orders, and likely would have no objections to anything the bronze rider might ask of him.

Loreleth, for his part, was taken aback by Eorawth’s suggestion. The chubby blue dragon blinked, his eyes whirling bright yellow in surprise, before he dipped his head. On the one hand, he didn’t think he was worthy to sit on a Wingleader’s ledge or be so invited; on the other hand, he didn’t want to be rude, and this was his new Wingleader. Er I… If… If it’s not a problem. The blue thought it safest if he accepted the offer, so he didn’t look rude. So it was with surprising agility, the fat blue dragon glided from his current perch to land as delicately as he could on Eorawth’s. His eyes turned a brighter blue-green, though the hint of yellow flickered near the edges. Thank you. And the anxious young blue meant it.

”Tatterpixie”

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out