Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:22 pm
There were some people one never wanted to be on chore duty with. Unfortunately, it seemed that day anybody set to the task of feeding the animals in the Feeding Pen were stuck with perhaps the...well, he was the worst of them now that Yurastar - ever unlucky and ever so eager to share his poor luck with others - had impressed in High Reaches. No, Papys was not the favorite of most people when it came to chores.

Though it was fortunate that feeding some wherries wasn't a difficult task and he could manage at least that without bungling the entire thing up.

"Sure is a shame about what happened over at High Reaches, eh?" he asked with a very familiar grin on his face. If nothing more, his good attitude made up for most of his intellectual shortcomings at least. "I mean, I never planned to go, but now it's almost like we'll never see it and so many of our Stone Deliveries happen at stupidly early now...." and having helped unload them in the past, it wasn't a task most people wanted to do even in the good hours of the day.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:40 am
Nyrida wasn't quite sure what to make of Papys. He seemed to be a genuine and friendly person, yet he was also...well...he wasn't exactly capable. The woman hadn't been assigned to any chores with him yet, but not because she was avoiding him. Incompetency and difficulty with tasks were unfortunate qualities, but hardly the sort of thing Nyrida worried about. Hardworking, she was more than ready to pick up any slack.

She found herself pleasantly surprised that he was doing well with the task, as she sent a few glances in his direction. Maybe her first impression of him had been wrong? Or maybe this chore was just simple? She wasn't sure, but she found the quiet, monotonous work soothing, comforting.

As he spoke, Nyrida turned to look at Papys. He was smiling, despite the subject matter. "It is quite unfortunate," she said, simply, stiffly. She wasn't quite sure how she was supposed to reply. He said it was a shame, but he was so good-natured about it. "I imagine we will feel the effects in coming sevendays," she added, feeling like she should say more about it.

Despite not being the most social creature, Nyrida did try. She was lonely and awkward, maybe, and spent too much time in her head, but she did try to keep a conversation going...even if some other candidates found her dull, at times.  

sariraii

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:16 pm
As far as Papys was concerned, Nyrida was a friend that Papys hadn't made yet. Even if she seemed a little more drawn into herself most of the time, that was fine. He would just nod along with her observations, smile as bright and constant as it always was.

"Oh, definitely will! Maybe less since we're just candidates we won't feel it as much," but he seemed to be missing the very obvious fact that everything had happened because to start with, Candidates had acted in a way that made it seem as though they had no training that they could remember. Running at baby dragons, sleeping on the sands....so many things that shouldn't have happened. "I mean, sucks for the candidates who wanted to go to their future clutches, but it also means we may not see any of theirs whenever our next Gold rises," which he was hoping would be soon.

Would it be Vimiath again? Maybe Sheyoth. "Maybe you'll find yourself lucky when our next eggs hit the sands!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 pm
Papys was such a pure soul. Nyrida noted his innocent and pleasant attitude with an appraising nod. He didn't seem to be exceptionally aware of the circumstances, but how could she fault him for that? She appreciated his reaching out, even if--especially if?--it was hard for her to connect with others.

He was chatty, but she didn't mind that, either. If someone else had a lot to say, that meant there was less need for her to fill the space with empty words.

His chatter turned towards matters more than just gossip about current events--her personal goals. Maybe she would find herself lucky, but...somehow she doubted a dragon would choose her. She was a candidate, but she didn't really expect to Impress. Nyrida mulled her response over for a moment, before offering a noncommittal "Maybe. I am not especially hopeful for my own odds, but we will see, I suppose."

"You sound excited about future clutches--how long have you been a candidate?"  

sariraii

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:08 pm
"Yeah? I dunno! You wouldn't be here if your chances weren't good - especially with how frequently we're getting clutches now," though Western had gone almost an entire turn without a clutch of their own. Susurinth had clutched on foreign sands, but had ultimately become one of their own, so that clutch was theirs, wasn't it? They'd brought home a full grown Queen, and a handful of baby dragons including a young queen to match her mother.

It was perfect to him, really.

"I've only been a candidate for a turn, but both of my siblings impressed here within a few turns of being searched. Some people Impress their first time on the sands! We never know what they'll want!"

He continued to smile as he tossed more food into the feeding pen. "So I think one is bound to think you're perfect."  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games