Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ solo ] kyrie eleison (ar'din & alquemieth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:31 pm
So, this...was new.

Had someone told Arcadin that a dragon's bond meant he would have to share everything, sat him down and listed exactly the commitment a life partner would mean, he might not have agreed to candidacy in the first place. His Searching had been a rushed affair, the acceptance an extension of the life-debt to Gregor whom wanted him to reach for something better. As if ridership was his second chance at life and not the healer himself who had allowed him that. And now Alquemieth could rifle through it all like so many papers on a desk at his leisure--though he hadn't, yet.

No, the dragon had strangely kept his distance when it came to that, though he remained forceful in others: Don't say that. Keep your mind on this task. They are beneath us. Restrain yourself. The first few days as a junior weyrling might have gone quietly on the outside, but on the inside Ar'din was a mess of wariness and chains and the occasional snarky comment both he and His indulged. He had accepted Alquemieth into his heart, which had been all but vestigial, but it was his mind that remained walled up. It was only instinct when...

When what, Mine? When the enemy invades a territory? The bronze's tone was casual as they took their lunch. As casual as someone intense like Alquemieth could be, anyway.

Ar'din didn't flinch at the accusation, but it wasn't wholly false. Alquemieth wasn't an enemy, antagonistic as he was--it was that nature that they shared after all--but he was...new. Different. Ar'din didn't know what to do with this sudden closeness when all of his life had been spent apart from societal ties. He didn't know what to do with...all of this.

Call it what it is.

Ar'din chewed his bread and avoided Alquemieth's gaze, as if that made any difference. It was a stalemate of immovable object and unstoppable force, their minds sizing one another up for the second time since the Hatching. Their lunch was a silent one, but for Ar'din, it was not peaceful.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:22 am
Gregor,

I'm writing sooner than I expected. I hope you are well and can read this I am trying to remember my lessons. When you said High Reaches was busy you really meant it. It was nice to garden. I thawt thought it would be boring. There aren't a lot of people who like our work as much as tradish normal medicine but I figured as much. Needles and all. I did not get into a fight before the eggs hatched like I promised so you better have kept up with your medicine or I will leave the wh wer weyr and make you see reason. A few did try to punch me tho it was funny.

Mine is making me admit that I did cause a small scene as they hatched tho. I'm okay. It was only one word. He is telling me it's not just the word. Fine. I am not as good as keeping my thoughts happy as they wanted and a young gold attacked me. But I'm fine I promise. I told you I wouldn't be good at this when I was searched but you thought it would be okay. I probably would have been kicked out if Alque hadn't taken me...I guess. Enufough people have given me second chances that I still wonder why bother.

Anyway. Mine is Alquemieth. He's a bronze which I guess means someday we'll have to be important. He has a smaller twin named Bossuth but they're weird about each other. Alque is intense. I guess we share that. Also there were far more eggs than you told me they're there would be. I don't know if that means anything but this class is huge. Guess I'll have to make friends or die in a crowd. I was barely used to sleeping in the candidate bunkers and now here we are. I don't really know anyone but got glares for the gold thing and Alque has already made himself a little notorious to his clutchsibs.

This is going to be fun.

Some other stuff happened and basically the whole weyr is locked down. I guess I didn't help that. So I suppose I have to make up for it or something. I don't know. Alque says he has a plan for us so that's a nice change of pace tho part of me still wonders if I'm the right man for the job. I know you would still say yes. I want to beleev.

I'll keep you updated if they don't kill me first. Please remember your medicine and slap the flits for me.

[ what looks to be a large capital A with vague scribbling ]
Ar'din

medigel

Anxious Spirit

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out