Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] So... I have some news (Rana x Bastion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:28 pm
User Image

Steps fell lightly as golden eyes moved to stare upon the dark horizon, the mood of late had been bitter, foul and downright unsettling. While the changes were good for most, she feared for how it would affect some of the other pride mates. It would seem that females had fallen into a lesser role and she wasn't much in favor of that. WHILE, she had come to the pride out of her own will and taken the rank of thrall, it had all been done for the sake of Bastion's children.

Which were soon to be her children.

That scared her now, not because of Bastion and how he react. But because of what the future would be for her offspring. He could not claim them as his own so they would be forced to be Thralls and she wondered what that would hold for them now with the new warlord in place.

It had been apparent to her that she was expecting and she was honestly quite shocked because she had only ever had one child in her life and that had been a long time ago and she had been with other's and never produced any other offspring so a fluke it had been.

Or so she had thought.

Surprise had struck her when Uri came for a visit, after having run into Raksha and Bastion. Truly she hadn't thought she'd see him again, he was a true wanderer's spirit.

"Bastion?"

Her voice rung out in the darkness, she hoped he was there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:29 pm
AstoriaFallen

The famine had been over for quite some time but that didn't mean the pride was fully recovered from its events. Bast'ion had stayed close to home base during the worst of those times to try to tend to Yhe. He was still staying close to the pride out of a promise he'd made to the female.

Not going out and about much definitely lead to certain yearnings that a male needed to fill and he'd turned to Rana at some point to fill that hole of yearning. He had been sure that there would be no possible way his actions could be traced due to Rana being a hybrid. Cubs were not known to come from half and half creatures so there was no need for Bast'ion to worry about covering his tracks.

Or so he had thought at the very least.

Rana's voice echoed in the family cavern waking the male from an afternoon slumber. He got up and stretched his back up before half dazed padding out of the cave.

"Yeah?" His own voice was that of a whisper implying he might be pretty half awake at this point. "What do you need Rana?"  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:12 am
Alpaca Chobi

Oh good he was there, and it would seem he was alone.

Which was also good.

She knew how he felt about Yhe, and she never once was wanting to replace her in anyway. She quite adored the other female and her two children, though she knew this news was going to really shock them all.

"I need to you to remain calm, first of all."

Moving deeper into the living area she looked at him with bright eyes.

"Everyone is fine, I just want to get that put out there..."

Sitting down she waited for him to get situated so that she could tell him the news.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:04 am
Ranas demeanor was quite serious like a talk was about to come. The kind of talk that might not be something the Kirin lion wanted to hear. Bastion had experience with others approaching him in this way and almost by instinct his ears flattened a bit in anticipation.

“Rana…. What is it?”

Was she being courted by another male in the pride to be a thrall for them or was she sick? It could be a number of reasons she was approaching him and all of l pointed to negative reasons. The pessimist in the Kirin lions heart was showing.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:13 am
Alpaca Chobi

She wasn't one to sleep around, not that she couldn't. She wasn't an ugly creature, quite striking she had been told on an occasion or two, but she quite liked the arrangement she had with Bastion so had no reason to search elsewhere.

"I - err, let me rephrase." Composing herself a little bit she cleared her throat and looked at him with all seriousness upon her face. "We are going to be parents, you are going to be a father once more."

She had said it and the weight upon her was suddenly lifted. The news that had just spilled forth from her mouth was huge and she knew that. His job was just getting started though, he had to tell Yhe, or not tell her. But it would be painfully obvious when her cubs arrived who they belonged too, if not one of his son's.

Yhe wasn't a stupid lioness, it was likely she knew rana and bast had some sort of a connection, though it was not romantic. There was love there, but it wasn't the love he had for Yhe, but it was some sort of a connection regardless.

Truly Rana could pass it off as one of his son's kids if so asked to do so, but she would never ask that of Raksha, she looked to him like a son. Perhaps one of his older kids. It was more of a back up plan but she knew the truth would find a way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:27 am
The weight may have been gone from Rana bit now Bastion felt the shift of the burden on himself. Normally, this would be joyous news for the male. In the past he'd gone out of his way to collect his offspring and children's offspring to be under his wing but he'd made a pact with Yhe to do better and it meant for him to be faithful. It was no secret the love he held for Yhe and that love should have been enough but Bastion was imperfect and he'd dabbled in some of his old ways and now him and Rana were here in front of his den at this awkward moment.

He should have been happy and he knew this but terror dwelled in his eyes and words lodged themselves in his throat. <******** had said the words before he had time to think about Rana and her feelings. There was a friendship type of love between the two and it had lead to some sex and now cubs? He was sure Rana couldn't but now the time to either own up or lie was in front of him. First, Bastion would need to be here for Rana.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean…” he lowered his head, “ I .. I was going to ask Yhe to be my wife but now. I don't…” he knew when Yhe found out he was in trouble and on the flip side with the new war Lord none of Ranas offspring could be claimed unless he declared her his wife and he had no intentions of that. He knew Rana must have known but the pain in his heart.

“I must be such a disappointment …”  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:57 am

His response was about what she had expected, standing up she approached him and gave him a head bump and backed up to look at him.

"I'm not expecting you to stop all plans for this, ask her to be your wife Bastion." If she'd still have him after this came out in time. She wasn't much older than him, but she had still been around for some time. Yhe on the other paw was young, hadn't experienced much in life yet, not like her and Bastion had. Her future had much to look forward to, Rana not so much but she wasn't really trying to find that kind of connection right now.

Being a good surrogate to Bastions cubs had been more than she could have ever asked for. Raising them was something she very much enjoyed doing and being there for him in anyway possible was truly all she wanted right now. "I have been around for quite some time now Bast, probably a little longer than yourself even." Giving a light laugh she didn't want him to try and do the noble thing here. "What I'm trying to say, Is I'm not a young female who needs much in life, I am more than capable of taking care of them without you having to be the hero."

Sitting back down she looked around and then returned her gaze back towards him. "It's a shock to us both and terrible timing really with this new warlord since they will never be able to be freeborn the normal way. I'm okay with that, if you are though" This was a lot of news for him to take in, she had been able to think about it before approaching him to inform him of the news.

"Don't stop your plans to marry Yhe on this account. I promise everything will turn out, she cares for you a great deal, and I know she knows you care for her as well." The one thing Rana had never tried to do was change the kirin into something else, while Yhe was trying to do that she still had some work to do with the lion. But did one every TRULY change?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:42 am
Ranas kindness was unexpected by the Kirin lion. She knew what was in her heart and knew before telling him he was in a position where he couldn't claim any cubs that might be lion. Rana was a hybrid so it was a toss up what she'd have mixed with a little more lion.

That was besides the point though as Bastion was sure he was unworthy of her warmth. Rana was strong but Bastion, despite his name, was not as strong inwardly.

“They may be unclaimed but they will be protected by this family.” He knew this was about claim given he was speaking for a number of individuals who had not let their stance known. A good deal of his cubs would have warm feelings for Rana as shed done quite a bit for them growing up. Still, he knew he'd have to tell Yhe and he imagined how disappointed she'd be. Every moment she didn't know would likely make the out come worse for him.

However, what if she didn't know ever did occur to him. What if one of his boys had been the father and not him.

This idea was shook from his head quickly as it would burden his son's life and it would only make things worse. Bastion had some growth and knew better to lie. This truth would be a hard one but Yhe would give him some credit for his honesty. At least he believed that.

His mood started to lift the more he painted him self in a heroic light with this heavy truth. Yhe couldn't be mad at him if he told her and said he'd not do it again.

The look on his face reflected his uplifted feelings clearly he had some warped dialog going on in his head.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:24 am

There were no doubts in her mind about the cubs from this being protected fiercely, the Kirin family was well known and she didn't think anyone would want to cross the large brute.

"Of course."

A mixture of emotions could be seen moving across his features and he finally seemed to relax some, either he had come up with something or was just going to see what happened. Either way he seemed to be at peace with his options.

"You know I love you Bast, I might not be in love with you, but I do care about you. Whether or not you love yourself is a matter of it's own. You are loved by Yhe greatly and I know how she looks at you and she will forgive you. Even if it's not right away." If even for their daughters together, she just felt as though Yhe would forgive him, she might be wrong, but doubtful.

Giving him another headbump with her face she gave him a smile. "Let me know when she knows? If she doesn't come and find me first."

She had to get the place ready for their newest arrivals.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:48 am
Encouraging the fact Yhe would likely forgive him may have been the wrong approach as it only further fed in to his good boy delusional fantasy that the truth meant he done no wrong. However, it did make Bastion more eager to tell Yhe which in a warped way was a good thing.

“I love you as a good friend. You've always had my back and that is something I can't ever devalue. You're apart of our family even if I can not give your boys the Viking future my cubs enjoy.” He meant every word he spoke as Rana had always been there. His cubs probably knew more of Rana than they had known of him.

She parted with a head bump which Bastion was glad she still felt okay with this affection.

But right now the matter he needed to address was Yhe and the truth he needed her to know. Rana had given him the confidence to let her know.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces