Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[BDR-FIN] Stranger to the Silver Sands (Acamapichtli & Myli)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:48 am
User Image
It had taken some time for Acamapichtli to come down the coast. Somewhere along the way, he and the big guy had parted ways. On one hand, he sorely missed the older lion's company. On the other, the time for them to travel together had certainly passed. The pale male's chuckle pulled at the corners of soft lips. They'd had a good run of things, for sure. Stayed together long enough to help him find his friend in that pretty beach pride, and enough to see the conflict resolved, at least in part. Long enough for him to see the sad spectacle of leadership changing paws for the first time. Remember this, Sjunheal had told him, all traces of his garrulous manner gone. From there, the pride's issues were their own. Whether or not the bear-lion had felt the same way, Cama didn't know. He hadn't felt right looking in on them any further.

He suspected that traveling any longer along this strand would cause similar problems, but the lion was not nearly so embroiled, so he didn't bother to spare himself the view. There was something too lovely about the glimpse of silver that lie beyond those formidable peaks of stone. Cama would almost believe it unreal - nothing more than a trick of light. Except, of course, here it was, tauntingly out of reach. Perhaps the temptation of those silver sands were what drew this pride together. His smile faded by half. The idea of sinking his toes into that glittering beach was almost enough to make him envy them.

Not quite, though. Knowing absolutely nothing about these lions and this land? Cama eased himself down, the blue-gray brush of his tail curling around his paws as he sat. He could - and undoubtedly would - pine after beauty, but he would not lower himself to pettiness. The sight of it would have to be enough.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:07 pm
Anderleit

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Myli was only a little disappointed she had not been picked to attend the crystal healer school since she would not be giving up here she would look for other chances to join their ranks and learn the skills she desired. Till then she had her scrolls to keep after and her pride to help out. She made her way to the border just exploring and getting out of the caves for some fresh air. She sighed out she wished she had gotten into the crystal school, but there was always next time. She looked out at the land beyond her home and then turned to go walk along the beach she saw a grey and white lion there that she had never seen before. She adjusted her scroll bag and then smiled and said: "Greetings I'm Myli and who might you be?"  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:14 pm
Cama's pink gaze skirted the horizon, passing briefly over the figure of another lion - and then quickly snapping back. The lioness approaching him was unlike any he had ever seen before. He'd viewed stripes and spots, of course, and even one whose pelt shone brightly as the night sky. This, though...it was like she'd been hewn from stone. The lion's eyes widened, captivated at the gorgeous fire playing over her fur as she walked.

He managed to speak despite his awe, but it was a near thing. "Greetings to you," he murmured, an extra-cordial note in his typically placid voice. "Myli. That's a lovely name; does it have meaning?" His half-smile returned, reflecting the patient mood that had taken hold of him. "I am Acamapichtli, but I know that's a bit much for many. Feel free to call me Cama."

Doubtless she was a part of the pride that called this area home, and as such, the white warrior absolutely burst with questions for her. But there would be time for that, since she'd proven herself friendly; and there was plenty to glean from her attire, besides. Did the scrolls she carried mean that her pride valued knowledge? Were they the sort to hoard it, or merely note its passage? Were it the former, surely their secret learnings would not be attached to random lionesses strolling the border's edge: that would be silly indeed.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:48 pm
Anderleit

Myli smiled warmly and ducked her head at the compliment to her name it was sweet of the stranger "Yes my full name is Myli Shyr, I think it means stone wood, I'm named after the wooden opal, you see this is the Mirilli'tavari pride." She paused "I've never seen you in the pride before I'm certain I would have remembered meeting you." She smiled listening to his very long name "Does your name have a meaning?" She asked curiously "Cama is certainly easier to remember." She laughed softly.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:59 pm
For all he was doing his best to remain courteous, her response was drawing a blank from the white lion. His expression probably said as much as well - so Cama copped to it with a sheepish smile. "Stone wood? Opals...? I'm so sorry, but I'm afraid you've lost me." His chuckle was more at his own foolishness than anything she had said, no matter how outlandish it seemed; if it wasn't obvious that he was an outsider before, surely it would be now. Thankfully, Myli had been gracious to him thus far. It was all the male could ask that she forgive his lack of knowledge in similar fashion.

"Mirilli'tavari." The name certainly rolled off the tongue. There was something silken about it, an elegance that he'd yet to find in the rest of his travels. That, too, told him something about those that lived here. For the moment, though, he was distracted with humor, and again, it was more at his own expense than hers. "I...suppose I walked into that question by asking you in kind, huh?" More laughter, and it was clear now that the soft sounds were more bashful than anything. "My name doesn't mean anything so interesting as yours, I'm afraid. I was told that it was only the sound of a handful of reeds in the wind. Nothing more."

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:43 am
Anderleit

Myli didn't mind that he didn't understand what she was saying she loved knowledge and teaching others the things she had learned. "It's a type of stone that kinda looks like wood thus the meaning of my name." She said on a laugh "The language many of my people name their cubs is hard to translate to scrolls sometimes though." She laughed warmly. She nodded and waited for his answer curious to learn more about this pale colored lion. Myli shook her head "I disagree I like the meaning of your name reeds in the wind sounds almost poetic." She shifted her bag on her shoulder and then said "So are you planning to stay or just passing through? I could show you around if you would like to stay." She offered.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:05 pm
"Thank you." There was something sweet in her laughter, one that made him idly wonder if she knew more about poetry. One corner of Cama's mouth tilted upwards. Snide as the smirk might have seemed, the twinkle in his eyes cast the whole expression in more benevolent light. "Stone wood, indeed," the pale lion chuckled. He'd walked right into that one, too. "If it looks like you, I can understand the appeal it might have."

Only belatedly did the lion realize how that may be construed. Would she think him too forward? For the brief period he bothered mulling it over, Cama realized that he didn't much care. He was likely no more than a drifter along the edges of this pride; what concern of his was one lioness' feelings? Better to be honest, in his mind, than worry overmuch about giving offense with sweet words.

Although she did bring up an interesting counter-point. Cama paused a moment, face fading into seriousness as he considered Myli's offer. "I suppose I'm only passing through - that's all I've ever done before. How does your pride feel about visitors?" He'd be lying if he said that the idea of a more permanent home had never occurred to him. There was something nice about the idea of making one among the scholars and learned folk that the Mirilli'tavari at least appeared to be.

Midnightglow18

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:12 am
Anderleit

Myli smiled and nodded "Yes I do look like the stone I was named after, it would be rather silly to name me after something that has nothing to do with me, though I suppose it happens all the time." She thought a moment when Cama said he was only passing threw she kinda hoped he would change his mind so they would have more time to chat and get to know each other. She smiled and then nodded "I'm sure it will be fine, we could go ask permission but I don't think we will get in trouble for just wandering around, you fit the colors of our pride very well. The pride doesn't take well to harshly bright pelt colors I'm afraid." She explained and started on other things about their culture. She loved teaching and learning so much, as she was a scroll worm and telling others things she had learned warmed her heart.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:02 am
There were beats of silence, punctuated by one, two blinks at Myli, before the pale lion burst into deep, full-sounding laughter. So much for his self-consciousness! His flirtation seemed to have flown completely overhead, and upon brief consideration, Cama decided he might be better for it. Surely there were those out there who were more cavalier about that sort of thing, but he was not that sort of lion. "Of course," he rumbled instead, his humor settling down into occasional chuckles. She had a point, at least; such things certainly did happen all the time. He would argue that his own name had little to do with him, but clearly she - and almost certainly his dear mother - would likely say otherwise.

"We probably should ask permission, then." A smile flicked over his muzzle. He'd hate to see her get in trouble for harboring him. "Who should we speak to?" Cama got to his paws, rolling his shoulders to shake off the stiffness of their conversation. That, and the bounce in his step spoke to his anticipation - although that eagerness dimmed slightly at her next words. Didn't take kindly to bright pelts? Why in the world not? Myli would find herself with his undivided attention as he drew even with her, listening raptly to the details of her mysterious pride.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:34 am
Anderleit

Myli thought better of her ideas and the suggestion that Cama had made, with the rules of the pride she really should get permission before bringing him into the heart of the pride where they might both get in a lot of trouble. "You wait here and I will go get Xui, she is one of our leaders, she'll know what to do.. Your right permission is important, but I hope you'll come back and visit if you do leave." She said in a scattered way. Then she moved away ready to hurry off and get Xui so Cama could meet her and maybe he would learn that the pride was as wonderful as she thought it was. Myli never really thought of the Shatter and the cubs that were sent away when they grew older.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces