[PRP] Excuse me? [Ngcono x Isabis]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ngcono wrinkled his nose. Elbows low against the ground, ears flattened, and weight shifting from one back paw to another, he squinted. He paused, took a breath, pounced and…

The cub froze, eyes wide and pinned to where his paws cupped against the ground. Below them, a shrew squirmed. Ngcono's brows raised and, in a move that was perhaps a bit driven by childish excitement, scrabbled his paws to get a better grip on the rodent which took full advantage of the crack beneath the small paws.

Ngcono jolted from one place to another, following the shrew as it darted through the dry brush, but to no avail. It disappeared into a hole in the ground and the cub responded with a dramatic flop to the stomach and a groaning "Uuuugggghhhh."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:35 pm
Time seemed to crawl by for the dark cub and she let out a heavy sigh and was about to head back to her parents when she heard the sounds of some scurrying and pouncing?

Slowly moving forward, ears erect, she blinked her violet gaze as a monochrome male came into view. Was he related to the one boy she knew?

There seemed to be an influx of black and grey children lately to her, but she might have only really just noticed them since they looked most like her.

"What are you trying to do?" She asked as she looked at him slumped on the ground as he was.

Ears twitched slightly as tiny paws carried her closer to the unknown male. "What is your name?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:42 pm
Ngcono squinted at her, looking the other cub up and down and making no attempt to hide his actions as he did so. "I was catching shrews. But it got too easy so it got boring," he grumbled, He sat, his paws neatly placed side by side before him as h continued to watch her. Her dark markings could have been from anyone in the pride, but those pink markings? There were only so many families and so many kinds of markings around (especially among those who had had cubs recently), so she wasn't any of the old blood.

He knew exactly which family she was from. Ngcono snorted.

"I'm Ngcono," he said, doing his best to sound nonchalant and proper. "Who're you?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:56 pm
oo DeD

Feeling his gaze upon her she suddenly felt 'naked', more than aware that her family wasn't from within the pride's lands she knew there were those that weren't a fan.

She felt like he was one of those few....

"Isabis, it's nice to meet you Ngcono."

Looking towards the crack in the earth, "Did it go in there?" Perhaps they could dig it up? Unless he didn't want to get dirty, still perhaps she could suggest it? "We could dig it up maybe? Or did you just want to wait it out?" Though maybe he didn't want to do any of that and she was just bothering him.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:31 pm
AstoriaFallen

"Hmmh," he mumbled, a distant half-acknowledgement as she introduced herself. To be fair he wasn't particularly interested in the outsiders. To be completely frank, he couldn't have cared less.

Ngcono, only vaguely aware of the fact that he was sitting up extra straight now, cast a sideways glance down at the crack in the ground. "Yeah, I guess it did," he started. Regardless of what he thought of the outsiders, he figured his mother would have taught them to at least show their superiority in a proper manner instead of being loud and brash. "Idunno, I'd think that digging it up would just scare it off. Not that I'm afraid of digging or anything."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:27 pm
Continued on Discord!
AstoriaFallen
Picking up the fact he wasn't entirely interested she glanced around. "Maybe we can play a game?" It was worth a shot but she pretty much assumed he was going to say no.

She wasn't going to let that stop jer though. "If not we can probably qait quietly and the shrew might come back?"

oo DeD
His nose wrinkled, though he might not have noticed it himself. Certainly it was the predisposition to judging anything and everything about the other cub's mouth. If it had been his own sibling perhaps he wouldn't have been as judgemental. Or maybe he would have been. Ngcono was, notable, an irritable little child. "And what sort of game would you want to play?" One of his brows raised as he took another moment to get a good look at her

AstoriaFallen
She was above his petty judgement of her and wasn't going to let it bother her, she decided right then and now. "A game of who is the bravest." Perhaps they could see who get closest to the catacombs? She wouldn't actually go in them but she was curious to see if he'd call her on it regardless. She had heard the horrors of the cub that had been blinded in them for going there when he wasn't meant to.

But how did one know when they were meant to? There was so much for her to learn still.

"Or we could just play tag or hide and seek." Your typical, average, cub game.

oo DeD
Ngcono squinted at her. "Why would I need to prove that I'm bravest?" He'd heard the stories of what had happened before he was born. How some young pride members had stupid dares and ended up in the catacombs. It had been hammered into his head to not make the same mistakes. The cub was arrogant, but a different brand of arrogance than the sort that made a need to make grand gestures to prove himself. "I mean, I gues..." He looked out over his shoulder, then back down into the crack in the ground. "Ugh. I guess if I don't have anything better to do, then we could, like. Play. Or whatever."

AstoriaFallen
"It was just an I D E A, I never said you had to prove you were brave. Haven't you ever brainstormed before?" She said raising an eyebrow. She was glad that he hadn't really wanted to do that because she wouldn't have wanted to anyway, she was more talk than she was show. As he was reluctant to actually play with her she felt as though that was some sort of headroom! Smiling she pounced forward excitedly, "You can pick if you want? Unless you had an idea of something you might have wanted to do." Not wanting to be the one with ALL of the ideas.

oo DeD
When she got excited he took a hesitant step back. His brow knit and he just looked at her. "Uhm. I don't know? I guess..." Hmh. Was she weird? Was this weird? It seemed weird. Ngcono didn't think about the fact that he was probably just being affected by whatever notions of outsiders would have been like. Quite frankly, he had high conceptions of his family, even above others born into the pride. He didn't even interact with them the way he interacted with his siblings. There was a moment of pause and he furrowed his brow at the ground. What was he supposed to do? "Look," he started, looking back at her. "I don't know if I have time to play right now. I have things to do. I just. I gotta go." He scampered off before he could hear a reply, not noticing if she reacted to his bizarre retreat. Darn. He'd really wanted to catch that shrew.

AstoriaFallen
The excitement started to die a little bit as he began to think and she knew what was about to happen and she did her best to keep the smile upon her face but you could see it in her eyes that she was sad. Watching as he left she turned and looked towards the crack in the ground and there sat the shrew no more than a few feet from her.

To think, if he'd of just stayed he could have caught that darn shrew. Giving it no mind she decided to head off towards home, and the shrew got to live to see another day.

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces