Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Unhappenings - Future Dabbles - Tower Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:45 pm
Chris tried to look innocent when Jack mentioned they’d done a power swap. So he knew about that… She was surprised to find this alternate Jack was probably A rank or higher in all categories, now curious as to how that happened. ”Well it could be you and Topher are just too hard headed to deal properly with Empathy.” She half joked. That wouldn’t explain Liam’s lack of both Empathy and Emotions, though the latter was understandable seeing as without her Empathy she also didn’t seem to have any emotions. She wasn’t sure how to feel about knowing this would be emotional but they were going to do this anyway. Finally when Jack was ready she nodded.

Popping into the alternate timeline was a new experience for Chris. She still didn’t have any memory of the previous incident so technically it was like she’d never traveled before. She stuck out her tongue and scrunched her face but luckily she was able to keep calm. She nodded instead of answering him, the tech that kept them invisible did not stop noise, she knew that for a fact. She stayed close to Jack, if this was as emotional as he said, she might have to stop him from doing something stupid.

She listened closely to the two talk, catching Gray’s gaze turn towards her when he mentioned his own Empathy. Was that in reference to her future? She wasn’t sure but she would have to keep it in mind. Something about watching two different versions of her father interact made her heart hurt. The older version did look like hell. She squeezed Jack’s hand slightly, knowing this had to be hard to watch.

Then he was telling the younger version about her and Topher and she had to keep herself calm and seated. To know Gray had this knowledge of them and so did Jack, before they were even born, weighed on her. The first Official Empath was a title she wore with pride and now she felt like she owed it to this man. A few other things stuck out to her as they talked and finally the younger Jack agreed to take the powers and popped out.

Chris didn’t speak at first. Even as Gray came up to them and Jack made them visible. She didn’t even register that Jack was using her Empathy to calm himself down at first. Her mind was racing but it wasn’t until she was spoken to directly did she actually look up at the older man. ”Many… I…” She took a deep breath and gathered her thoughts for a moment. ”How… I mean… Sorry, I’m still trying to wrap my brain around this.” She paused and took another breath. ”Who are you? And not the stupid ‘an alternate version of Jack’ because that’s not what I mean and you know it. Even when Topher and I were dragged to an alternate timeline that Jack was almost identical to ours in terms of ability...” She stopped and frowned. It still bothered her that she could say such things with confidence even now without any memories of that incident. A small sigh and then, ”How can you just decide to give over your abilities like that? For us? People you don’t even really know? Just so what? We can save our world? From what threat? What reason do you have to help us?” She stopped herself, knowing that this could theoretically go on forever and she was already close to tears.

She stood, brushing herself off. ”What happens now? To you, to all this… You said there are others here, who are they? What rules did you mean and why don’t they apply to us? And finally… where the f*ck are we?”  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:49 pm
Gray smirked at Chris’ questions and laughed a bit. ”Actually I am, no really, just a very alternate version.” He then made chairs appear using his time control and motioned for them to sit. He thought for a moment and pointed to where Jenny and the other Jack would be and popped their invisibility. ”Jenny please stop arguing with Jack, you two, well Jenny come over here, Jack sorry I’m sending you back so you don’t get a massive feedback loop migraine later” Gray pointed at the other Jack who was about ready to shout something but just popped out. Jenny seemed a little shocked to be found out and current Jack just smirked and waved. ”He does that.” ”I don’t want to repeat myself.” There was already another chair there so after Jenny sat down giving Jack a evil death glare Gray continued.

”Jenny, call me Gray, as most do. But I’ll start with why I gave up power to help. My brother, not a twin, like you lot seem to have. Was on your world a lot and fell in love with it. He was a soldier type so going back he had the smarts for a scientist but capability of military. He joined Jacks parents in their research team for the Psychic coding test. There he fell in love with another soldier who was one of the first volunteers. Strong willed woman and very, well I guess awarded. Her skills were what put her name on the list for possible people. She just came out and volunteered anyway. Cayde…” Jack stirred at the name, remembering meeting the man a few times as a child. Gray paused and nodded Jack motioned for him to continue. ”Cayde, well Cayden, and Shaylee, got married a few years after the test. She took to it well and didn’t have any issues. Go to about the time you two were chasing people for kidnapping the twins. Cayde and Shaylee were murdered at the same time.” Jack blinked and closed his eyes. He recalled Frederick saying something about that but wasn’t what it was. ”Well they had a child. Who is Chris and Topher’s age. Actually, funny thing, he works for you now, come to find out.” Jack, well everyone stirred at that. Gray laughed a bit and waved his hand to wave it off. ”You never bothered to ask James why he took to the second smaller test so well Jack? He already had some in his blood from the first test. Plus he’s half from this world.”

Jack put his hand up for Gray to stop and he did. ”James, our James, is your nephew?” Gray nodded, ”Please don’t change anything, he does his job well and that’s all he wants to do. He doesn’t know, he knows he’s adopted, but that’s all.” Jack nodded and sighed. ”I ran tests from his blood to see why he took to it so different from others, he has far better control than the first group. His father finally told me that James wasn’t his biological son which I kind of knew, there’s too much of a age gap for it to be feasible.” Gray nodded and started back again. ”My wife and son are also stuck there. That’s why I’m so wiling to help your world.” Again everyone looked to him. ”When Cayden was killed I started meddling with time travel and going back to give Jack tools he’d need to help them. When the higher ups found out they banished them from coming back as punishment. In last reserve I popped back and gave Jack the blueprints for the time travel. I’m sorry for any trouble it… I may have caused.”

Gray laughed again. ”She was actually your doctor for a while Jack. She retired and actually lives with Zain in the Tower. Zain is working as a doctor in your medical wing. He actually helped deliver Lexa, Toby, Toni, and Liam believe it or not.” He looked to Jenny who had a hand in hiring some of the doctors. ”He was highly recommended on every list was he not? He trained in most surgical studies that he could. When your tower opened a medical wing he put in for anything. Again I ask, do not do anything. They’re there to help, just living the lives they can.” He paused for a moment and turned back to Chris. And made a wing motion with his arms, making the implied. ”My parents, well my father, is a powerful man, I’ll leave at that. That’s why my powers are all high and I have knowledge of how to give them.” He frowned at the last question. ”I cannot leave anymore, you are welcome to come here for guidance. I and others on my level are not allowed to meddle anymore. Those are the rules. At least we’re not allowed to meddle directly.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:54 pm
[About Two Hours After Lunch]

She had realized it while she was eating with Topher’s family. She didn’t bring it up for multiple reasons, but the biggest reason was because everyone else was there. If it was just the two of them, she might have asked but she really didn’t want to admit to Tonya what she tried to do. So after eating and a small amount of time hanging out with them, Jenny excused herself to go find Jack. Besides, she really didn’t want to get in the way of Topher spending some of his limited time with his family.

She found Jack in their apartment both trying to avoid her and knowing it was going to happen eventually. She wasn’t going to get angry at him at first. She just wanted to find out what had happened but he was trying to avoid the subject with her and it pissed her off. To be honest though, her yelling wasn’t giving him much room to actually try and explain anything. Of course by the time Jack grabbed her and popped them into the alternate time, their whole living room was in the air.

She turned around at the sound of her name and didn’t recognize where they were. Her Jack was gone so she glared at the past Jack sitting in a chair next to Chris. Jenny took her seat and was about to make a smart comment but kept her mouth shut because of a look from Chris. Gray was definitely an alternate Jack, she could tell that much, but what did any of this have to do with why she was here?

Neither her nor Chris recognized the two names but Jenny at least knew what test he was referring to. Chris was probably the most confused to find out that James was related to Gray. Now she kinda felt bad for all the teasing she’d done over the years. This probably wouldn’t change that dynamic that she had with him but she would mind what she said more often now. It did make sense now how he could almost keep pace with her in matters dealing with the future, despite having a lower level ranking.

Gray mentioned his wife and child and everything stopped. Neither Chris nor Jenny wanted to know the feeling of being separated like that from their husbands. Jenny smacked Jack and gave him a look that would tell him he was definitely going to be in some s**t when she made it back. He kept all of this from her and failed to mention very vital information. She recognized the name Zain and nodded. It was why she had hired him in the first place. ”Of course, they will still be allowed to be as they are. They have no reason to worry.” Jack on the other hand…

”Thank you for explaining all of that for us. It's a lot to take in for sure…” ”No I see it perfectly clear... He and his family have been meddling with our time and somehow that is okay? You think just because you are some know-it-all you can do whatever the ******** you want?” ”Mom…” ”No! I’m not finished. I don’t care who this f*cker is… Your god damn meddling has put our family through so much s**t…” ”MOM!” ”GOD DAMN IT CHRIS LET ME SPEAK. ALL OF THIS. All of this is the reason Topher is going to Genesis. DO YOU THINK THAT’S OKAY? And you…” She stood during her rant at some point and now turned back towards where Jack was sitting. ”You kept all this from me? All of this. After everything that has happened, everything we’ve been through together and you kept all of this from me. I swear to god…” ”MOTHER!” Jenny looked like she might cry and as much as she wanted to both cry and yell more, she noticed Chris. Arms crossed, face serious but as her mother she noticed the tension in her jaw that was less anger and more overwhelmed. Chris wouldn’t look at her, too busy trying to keep her breathing steady and calm herself down.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:44 pm
Jack winced as Jenny smacked him and knew that she would get him later for keeping information from her. Gray saw this and shook his head. ”You may not have verbally seen it but when I gave Jack the powers I mentally asked him not to say anything he may learn from me. It keeps my family safe. There are those that would like to use Zain against me, though they are few now and spread far. They most likely are the ones who split he and Maxwell in the first place knowing that together they would be like Chris and Topher. Separated they can control Maxwell more, Jack is less likely to fall under the mind prey.” Gray turned at Jenny’s other comment and nodded. ”Yes. Though realize… As Chris knows from her stronger Clarivoyance. Things can always go different ways. This timeline, while a struggle it will be for both Chris and Topher and everyone, is by far less harmful to everyone than any other I’ve dealt with so far sadly.” He looked at Chris and frowned. ”You will have a hard time being separated from Topher. The twin bond you share is strong. Stay close to your own family, Lexa, Liam and Nate will help greatly, your mother and father as well. I’m sorry, but I must ask you to leave for a bit as I need to talk to your mother and father alone, you have something you need to do. However I will leave you with open doorway after to come back and talk to me any time.”

With that he simply waved towards Chris and she popped out. Jack was about to say something but Gray simply motioned for him to stop. It took Gray a while to put his words together and he finally made his mind up. ”TOBY.” A much older version of Toby walked up and joined them sitting down where Chris had just sat, Jack just stared stunned, he could feel the same shock coming from Jenny. ”Hi. I’ll let Gray explain, I get… carried away and…” Toby’s eyes flashed like they do when he’s angry and stopped shortly after and he looked down. Jack put a hand on Toby’s leg to calm and Gray nodded. ”This older version of Toby will go back to your time and try to kill Paul but fail and end up in Genesis before Topher arrives. Paul knows he’s related to Topher which is part of the reason he wants Topher there. He wants Topher to learn humility, to see him there as well as being there himself. However, Topher did something very brave and stupid.” Toby sighed and took over. ”When dad and Aunt Chris went to the alt timeline with Maxwell, there was already another version of them THERE but they had died.” Gray nodded and continued. Jack stiffened knowing parts of this and winced at Jenny’s knowing glare, yeah he’d get for sure later. ”The other version of this timeline I was referring to. Topher didn’t fall for Paul’s trap. In short version, Chris was captured and taken to Gensis to lure Topher in, which worked. Topher Aniliated it but wasn’t able to stop Chris from being killed. The loss sent him out of control. Besides that the stress from losing Chris, her father being awol, the tower being on lockdown.” Toby sobbed a bit knowing from the story and lowered his head. ”That version of Toni lost the twins, sending him more into a downward spiral..”

”I tried to stop him. He went back in time, found his barely infant self at the hospital. Kidnapped him… and… “ Jack stood up and just walked of, he couldn’t handle the rest, Toby went after him. ”Chris from that timeline grew up without Topher, without a brother figure to help anchor. Maxwell got to her and she was more susceptible to his abilities. The Jack from that timeline had to kill her.” Gray said this to Jenny while looking at Jack and Toby who were just looking at the planets features. ”Don’t be mad at Jack. He knows this because he went back after absorbing the dead Maxwell’s powers to give the majority of that to that Jack to deal with what was left of the fringe group. That Jenny shared that with him, she erased the memory of what happened from her Jack as it literally destroyed him.” Toby and Jack were coming back and sat down again. ”Topher has memories from both that Chris and that Topher in his head. Only his Telepathy power has been able to help block it from destroying his insanity.” ”What happens in Genesis where he wont be connected to it then?” ”Exactly.” Jack looked down and sighed, ”Why are you here Toby?”

”He went insane, or was about to go insane. Gray popped into my head when I was down in Genesis and told me what to do but it would come at a cost. I would be stuck here after but save him. I had to make sure that dad... here, knew that was a memory from a different Topher and not his own. In doing so it took the energy that Zain left when he healed me during my birth, though left me very weak. Gray said it could me, I made my choice.” Jack frowned and could feel the tears coming out already. ”Toby would’ve been stuck in Genesis anyway, Paul did not take a threat to his life lightly. Here I was able to heal him again, but, he wont be able to go back.” Jack nodded but still didn’t like it. ”When Topher does get out, you’ll still have to help him. He will need to give the memory of Chris to her or that Chris will keep tearing at him until he goes insane. You can tell her what she needs to know at a specific time but not before he goes, she will most likely try to stop him and he wont budge and it will create tension between them. Let them be happy with what days they have left before he goes in.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:01 pm
Jenny sat back down as Gray started to explain. No matter what he said, she still thought he should have told her. Though honestly, what would it have changed? She huffed, finally realizing that there was more to this than she was aware and it was better just to let them happen at this point. Chris nodded in understanding as she was sent back. She had a feeling she would definitely be back sometime soon.

Jenny was curious what Gray would want to speak with them about that couldn’t be said in front of Chris. He seemed like he was trying to decide if he should even say it when finally he shouted Toby’s name and a much older Toby joined them. To say she was shocked would be an understatement. It’s not like she wasn’t used to seeing older versions of the kids by now, hell they’d been dealing with that since this journey started. But for him to be here…

Her attention was on Gray but shifted over towards Toby again as he explained that Toby would go back to try and kill Paul. She stared at him disappointed but she understood. Cause and effect, if Paul was out of the picture, then Topher wouldn’t have to go to Genesis. Jenny almost snorted, brave and stupid was practically Topher’s second name. Toby started next, talking about that time the twins were taken by Maxwell. She frowned. From what she knew, there were no twins in that timeline. What the hell happened that both Chris and Topher were already dead in that time? And more importantly, why did Jack and Ciara not seem to think there had been any.

Of course her questions were answered as Gray continued his story. A timeline where Topher wasn’t the one going to Genesis, but Chris. Shocked by the outcome, she placed her hand over her mouth. She couldn’t even imagine what Chris’s death would do to Topher and on top of that to lose the twins like that. It was obvious Topher would blame himself for it. Leading into the next part of the story. Jack walked off and Gray trailed off but she got the picture. Her hand fell down from her mouth to her chest and she balled it into a fist.

She had never thought about what Chris would be like without Topher and now she kind of wish she could go back to not knowing. Of course Maxwell would take advantage of that weakness and use Chris for his own gain. She looked over at Jack and Toby. She shook her head. ”I… I won’t.” This was something she understood him keeping from her. Especially if he found out back around the time it happened. It gave her something to think about at least. When Jack sat back down, she took his hand in hers to try and comfort him. Now he didn’t have to carry the burden of knowing these things alone anymore.

That was a lot of different memories in Topher’s head. Her concern for Topher grew as Toby started to explain his part. This was in their close future. Was there no way to stop this? Jenny didn’t say anything, Toby already made his choice, it had already happened to him so in her mind there was nothing to do but let it happen to them. She squeezed Jack’s hand slightly. She didn’t cry, Jenny almost never cried for anything but it hurt knowing their Toby would be stuck to this fate. Now they came full circle to why Chris couldn’t be here for this conversation. If she knew… ”Just for curiosity's sake… Why wouldn’t it be better to have Topher give Chris those memories before he goes there?” Wouldn’t it make sense for the calmer, more in control twin to keep the memories? Bypass all this insanity that way? Well… that didn’t take into account that Topher was protective of his sister and probably wouldn’t give them up.

------

Chris exhaled as she popped back into her office. She was curious what Gray wanted to talk with her parents about but any thought towards it was dropped as her computer blooped to tell her she had a video call. Couldn’t have timed that any better if she tried. She hurried around her desk and sat down, adjusting herself to be the most professional before answering the call. ”General Alberdine! What a pleasant surprise…”  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:49 pm
”Liam!” Nate called out as he followed behind Liam as he left the meeting. The boy didn’t stop and Nate had to jog to catch up to him. ”Liam wait…” He reached out and placed his hand on Liam’s shoulder only for him to shrug it off. ”Leave me alone.” ”Liam, I know you are upset and angry… ”I’m fine.” ”You punched your uncle in the face. He deserves it, but that’s not fine Liam.” ”I am perfectly okay. Just leave me alone.” ”Liam, just talk to me about it.” Nate reached out and tried to pull Liam into a hug.

Stop. Don’t touch me! I don’t want your help!’ Nate stopped immediately and his hands dropped to his side. ”Liam..” Nate warned but Liam just took off in a run towards the elevators. ”Liam! Let me go!” He sighed as the doors closed behind Liam, still stuck in place from his accidental command. It was hard to parent, especially to a child with abilities well beyond anything he could do. This was something Chris would be better equipped to deal with. It was only a minute before he could finally move again. It was probably best for him to just leave Liam alone for now and get Chris to talk to him later after he’d calmed down.

Aurelia chuckled as she walked up behind Nate. ”Standing in the middle of the hallway waiting for me? How sweet.” ”Aurelia, you can shut your big mouth.” ”I have done nothing wrong. Now lets go get drinks!” Nate frowned and turned to face her. ”Really? That’s your solution… Don’t you have work to do? We are in a crisis situation and you are head of security...” ”And even head of security can take a break. They can handle things without me for a little bit. Besides, I didn’t say get drunk. I said get drinks. You look like you need it.” Nate sighed and Aurelia pushed him slightly to get him to walk down the hall. ”Somehow I expect I’m going to regret this later.”

-------

Lexa started to go to the lab. She wanted to upload this video to the server before Liam got the bright idea to delete it from her phone. On her way, she took a small detour towards the dojo, half expecting it to be empty. Luckily her guess was right and Toby was in there. She stood in the doorway and called out to him first, that way she could easily dodge whatever s**t he threw her way. ”Toby! How is it you train here more than any of us and still end up a wimp?” She held her hands up as she walked in. ”Sorry its a reflex. I didn’t stop by to insult you and make you angrier. Just thought you’d like to see the video I took after you left. You will never believe what happened.” She waited until he gave any indication that he wanted to see it before getting any closer.

”Okay so after you stormed out, this happened…” She made sure Toby could see it and hit play. Regardless of how Toby reacted, Lexa laughed watching it again. ”Have you ever seen Liam angry? Like look at that eyebrow. Definitely more angry than the normal annoyed face he always wears.” She smirked. It was always fun trying to get under Liam’s skin and now that she had proof that he could actually be angry… She was going to have fun with this.

After a moment though, she put her phone away. ”How are you holding up?” To be honest, finding out Uncle Topher was going to Genesis wasn’t the scary part for her. Finding out that there was a place like the Box but worse and that Uncle Topher designed it was the scary part. And it was only six months. Lexa probably wouldn’t even notice the difference. Well mostly. She gave it a couple of weeks tops before things normalized and everyone stopped making such a big deal about it.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:03 am
Toby stormed out of the room and people quickly got out of his way in the hallways. People knew the family had short fuses, mostly he and his dad, the others seemed to control it. He walked right passed the family doctor who waved but stepped aside knowingly. He was probably going to check on Toni, what with the news they told him before the meeting as well. He wanted to do something to help, and the fact that they knew the first thing he’d attempt is going back in time to “fix” it was telling. ”F…” He started to curse, he wanted to yell but was still in the hall. He didn’t want to make a scene, well another, he had made plenty before, another today would probably not be a good thing. He made his way to the only place he could think of that would help him think. He was there for a bit and started throwing punches at the punching bag and a few were going to enter but quickly turned around when they noticed he was in there and the force of his punches. Eventually he noticed a guard standing outside, probably to keep people from going in and getting hurt.

That apparently didn’t stop Lexa, though the guards knew she wouldn’t give two shits about them being posted there anyway. He just glared at her first comment rather than throwing an attack her way and watched as she entered. Liam mad, yeah he’s seen the boy mad. He watched the video and winced a bit at the punch and then went back to punching the bag. ”Remember the time I got a black eye around Liam’s birthday and I said I fell, well it was actually Liam, so I’m actually the first one he’s hit in anger most likely.” He threw a few more punches but stopped and slumped to the ground. ”He was pissed cause your mom was really busy that day and gone when he needed to talk to her, you were pestering him and I think I was just in a foul mood to begin with for some reason and sent him over the edge when he just tried to talk to me and told him to f*ck off.” Toby was probably being punished by Frederick for not paying attention to his classwork and having to run the tower a few times. The slower he went, the longer it’d take, if he paused, Frederick generally added more laps.

Toby sighed and lowered his head. ”I’m worried, upset, angry, feel betrayed. I want to help but they wont let me. I…” He stopped for a minute and looked up. ”Toni and I have a twin bond, I know dad and Aunt Chris have the same, if this s**t place disconnects that, what will happen? I’m worried they’re not telling us everything.”  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:35 pm
”Oh, no s**t! Liam did that?” The idea that this wasn’t the first time Liam had been that angry came to Lexa as a shock. The most she could ever get out of him was annoyance. Mostly it was just an eye roll and a shrug. And she most certainly never got him to laugh. Whoever actually accomplished that feat deserved an award. Lexa sighed and sat down next to Toby. ”I guess that shouldn’t be as surprising as it is… Angry Telepaths seem to run in the family.” She paused and looked over at Toby. ”No offence or anything…”

Lexa started to reach out and touch Toby’s shoulder but stopped herself. Even on the best of day’s Toby was volatile. Touch was probably a bad idea. She let her hand fall back into her lap and blinked, activating her Empathy. Lexa’s Empathy worked a little differently than normal. Unlike Chris, whose Empathy was mostly just passively taking in the feelings of the whole room, Lexa could see colors that represented feelings. When she opened her eyes they were purple instead of the normal blue-green color. She turned her gaze to Toby and his colors were easy to see. Dark greys, dark blues and the normal dark reds. Some muddy brown colors too. ”I can see that…” She blinked again and the colors were gone, eyes back to normal. She smirked. ”Wait you are telling me you feel something other than anger for once.” She expected him to hit her for that one so she braced herself for it.

”You know I don’t know what that feels like Toby… I’m not a twin.” She frowned. ”Do they ever tell us everything? In their minds, we are still children. They probably don’t want us to worry.” She sighed. She had been curious during the meeting and checked everyone's colors a few times. It was a mess of colors, lots of varying shades of red but also some heavy blues. Mom was an echo of all the colors in the room. She didn’t look for long, all the colors were too much especially when Jenny’s reds flared like a fire. The same when Toby’s also flared brightly. But curiosity brought her to use it again each time and she caught just a slight hint of transparent red in Liam’s otherwise clear color.

”Besides, they’ll be okay. Right? I…” She tilted her head to the side. ”Have you and Toni ever been disconnected? Is it really that bad?” She honestly didn’t know. ”Isn’t it just like… I don’t know… a way to locate your sister? If they know where each other are… Won’t it be okay?” Now his worry was starting to make her worry. She took a deep breath to calm the slight panic that had started. No reason to freak out now. Mom and Uncle Topher were like the strongest psychics ever, they would be perfectly fine. She had to believe that.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:14 pm
Gray pondered the thought for a bit then answered Jenny’s question. ”Because the results in that alternate timeline are from that memory. If we were to have him give it to Chris now and they’re separated because of Genesis unlinking their Twin Link. That would be bad. Right now you have a higher chance of her maintaining self control with your help.” He looked to both of them then to Toby, ”Topher started acting up after that yes? Out of character, random violence, that was THAT Chris, pushing at him. The incident at work, leading up to his reckless behavior towards any authoritative figure besides Frederick.” Jack nodded after thinking a bit. ”I noticed that Chris’ telepathy link was lower, only family I think. I think her telepathy was given to Topher and that part of her helped him to control the other Chris or lock it down.”

Jack avoided the glare from Jenny but if she hadn’t noticed that little bit she hadn’t been paying close attention. Usually family members could feel that much detail he just figured she didn’t ask questions about it knowing that what he went through with Maxwell was probably the same reason she did it. Toby nodded as well, ”Yeah they did, up until Genesis that part in dad was under control. He was put in isolation for a incident which has even stronger fields of power separation and I believe that’s what made him break. I purposely got myself thrown in as well to be closer so I could have what little mental link we have with family but knew we could. For some reason I just had the idea, probably from Gray.” Gray nodded. ”Subtle thought put in before you were captured, same for Topher. When you two linked you both knew what to do, what it would cost.” Toby nodded and looked down.

”Dad was PISSED, told me no, started to destroy his containment cell. I don’t know where he got the kinetic power from but I reacted and calmed him somehow. Was able to use what Gray put in my head to convince Chris to help or at least not react till later. Finally he was able to relax.” Gray nodded and turned to Jack and Jenny. ”Toby helped Topher but sacrificed the little power that Zain zapped in him when he saved Toby as a baby. It would’ve killed him outright from the power draw but I pulled him here and put more power back in. I’m afraid though in the future, this Toby, can’t go back.” Toby looked back to Jack and Jenny but with a smile. ”I caused problems and issues but I wanted to fix something, so I did, I don’t care what the cost was. This plane, whatever it is, is open to time travelers, so its not like you cant ever see me again in the future.”  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:16 pm
Jenny nodded. That probably would be bad. Her curiosity was satisfied, she would rather not know the details, she just wanted to suggest an alternative. She thought back to that time and it was true that after they came back Topher was acting out more often. She glared at Jack, not because she hadn’t noticed, of course she had noticed to some extent. But that was also the time the twins started doing things for themselves. Topher moved out and Chris left for law school. Jenny wanted to give them some space to live their lives. And Chris’s lower Telepathy could also have been explained by the things that happened in the alternate timeline. It wasn’t as if they knew what would happen if two A rank Telepaths were fighting for control of one person.

She started to glare at Gray but it would do no good now. He had already done it so there wasn’t anything she could do about it now. And by the sounds of it, this would be the only way to make sure Topher at least made it home mostly intact. Finally she couldn’t take it anymore and she stood, walking over to Toby and pulling him up into a hug. She held him tightly for a moment. ”Thank you.” Her voice cracked a little but she was able to keep herself together. Even if he was stuck here now, he was safe. And they could still visit. She pulled back but kept her hands on his shoulder. ”You did a very brave thing and I’m proud of you. No matter what.”

”Now, if you don’t have any other surprises to throw as me, I’d like to go back to my own time and deal with things as they happen the way I am supposed to…” She wasn’t even sure how she got here in the first place. And she really needed a drink.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Out Of Cookies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out