Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[FLIGHT] Heed the Call of the Circus (GREENFLIGHT)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:50 pm
The performance the night before had been stellar. Kalith had performed beautifully, her wings carrying the pair high, and her hide! Tsura could swear it had been positively glowing! They'd completed the routine and ended up curled together, with her Green's head resting on her shoulder, warm breath leaving the young woman with a sense of peace. Her beautiful Kalith was worth easily ten times as much of any Weyrborn dragon, and was devoted to boot! Perfect. The morning sun had barely crested over the rise, the sky just tinging with the faintest tones of pink when Tsura felt it, an odd, sweeping feeling that suggested something was about to happen. When she paid attention to it, there was a jostling behind her. Quickly, the rider rousted herself, looking at her Green who grumbled and nudged Hers, carefully, Beloved mine, I have a need to Rise..... While Kalith had risen but once before, Tsura could remember it, warmth and desire, such a pleasant moment.

Smiling, she gently stroked that nose, kissing an eyeridge, Of course, beloved. Go. Rise and show these dragons how it is done~. When Kalith launched herself out, the performer chose to lay herself back in the thick of her pillows, watching the Green blood a Runner, before taking to the sky with a musical bugle,
Who thinks they can fly with the best acrobat on Pern~? Follow me high in to the sky and show me your skill! And with that, she shot upwards to the sky, laughing in her way, and corkscrewing through the cool air.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image

Green Kalith has decided to take Flight! Any male is welcome to join the flight, regardless of who their rider is. Kalith isn't as fond of weyrborn males, if only because they tend to look down on a non-weyr green, but all are welcome to join her in flight~.

About Kalith
Pros: Confident, Warm, Devoted
Cons Vain, Stubborn, Nosy

About Tsura
Pros: Motherly, Gentle, Intelligent
Cons Insecure, Obsessive, Clingy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules/Info:
‣All males at Western/in the area are welcome to join in.
‣Any male that flies can win! Kalith is a bit picky, but she always chooses whoever keeps up!
‣Each round will last 48 hours, which makes this a quick flight, I'm sorry!
‣If you roll for your entry for the round, but don't find time to fill your post in with RP before the round ends, your points for that round will be halved.
‣If you do not post at all for a round your score will be 0 for that round. You are not ejected from the flight. This allows those who cannot post for some reason or other to still progress.
‣I expect you to keep track of your own score, but I'll be watching too, so no fudging your numbers!
‣Tsura is not in Western Weyr, but is currently nearby with the circus, so in order to be with her, you would have to be near the tents in some way/shape/form.
‣At the end of Four rounds, the winner will be chosen. If any male matches Kalith's final score, he will automatically win. If none match, the male who exceeds her score will win. If more than one exceeds her score, or none do, I will roll to randomize a winner from the top three scoring males.

Kalith's Stats
Green Dragon: +50
Between 1-6 turns: +5
Motivated: +10 points
Blooding Bonus: +5
70pts

Strength: 12
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 14
Stamina: 13
Wits: 20

Male Stats
Determining Your Male's Stats:
Base points for bronze: 30pts
Base points for brown: 35pts
Base points for blue: 40pts

If the male is:
- Less than 5 turns: +3 points
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Between 21-35 turns: +7 points
- Above 36 turns: +5 points

- Rotund/Lazy: +0 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points

-Unaffiliated Dragon: +5pts

Using the above points, you get your point total, which is up to you to distribute through your base stats. Please try to keep your distributions realistic for your particular dragon!

If you post a roll for a round, but do not fill in any RP before the next round begins, your score for that round will be HALVED. Note that even a few sentences of RP is enough to count.

This opening lasts until 9:45pm CST Oct. 22nd when I'll start off the first round of rolling! Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:36 pm
User Image

All throughout the performance the night before Azrael could tell that his brown had been distracted, his mind elsewhere. It had only been when the pair had watched the acrobatic act of Tsura and Kalith that the man realized what the brown was feeling, Eldwinth didn't bother hiding the lust he felt for the lithe green as she moved through the air. Her hide even seemed to be glowing in the light and for a moment Azrael wondered how Tsura had gotten that effect, not even bothering to think that the green could be close to rising.

An early riser Azrael was already up and going through some of his equipment. For once the bandages that normally adorned his face, as well as the black bandanna he wore over the lower half of his face, were absent and he was sipping at a cup of klah. He was at peace here in his tent at the circus, he was at home.

Of course the complete serenity the man was feeling didn't last long as another feeling soon began to creep through the edges, blurring into that serenity. It took him a moment before he realized what was happening and he couldn't help the exasperated sigh as he moved to the entrance of his tent. There Eldwinth was, still laying upon the ground and yet his eyes were watching the green form that had just taken off and called out to anyone nearby.

"Chasing a green again?" Eldwinth had seemed to take after chasing any green that rose and got his attention, especially if it could mess with him. This was different and Azrael could tell. The large brown didn't even bother to turn his head to look at Azrael when he spoke.

Do I need your permission? The wedged head turned for a moment, the whirling eye that fixed on Azrael mixed with red and purple. He didn't wait for a reply this time, pushing himself to his feet and taking to the air.

Go and find Tsura. If you fight this, I will be sure to make the headache the worse.

Watching as Eldwinth took to the air, Azrael narrowed his eyes. Those parting words didn't seem to hold any of their usual snark or joy of chaos. It made the man wonder if there was something more going on in his browns mind.

The brown twisted and moved through the air, calling out to the green as he did. Kalith! I will fly with you, I have seen you take to wing and make the air the servant that raises you. Let us show these weyrbred fools how true talent flies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Eldwinth's Stats
Strength: 15
Speed: 7
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 14
Wits: 12

Base Points for Brown: 35 pts
Between 8-20 turns: 10pts
Average/Normal: 5
Unaffiliated Dragon: 5

Total: 55

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:31 am
User Image

It wasn't often that Jibasth froze during their morning warm ups to look off at the sky with eyes twisting and sparking with blues and purples across the facets and so Onasta actually froze during her own stretches to peer up at the huge brown. "What has your attention so early on big guy? I don't hear any greens rising in the Weyr, are you possibly... hearing another call?"

You wouldn't hear this one, but the challenge is there. An acrobat rises into the sky this morning. I don't suppose we can take a break just for a few hours, it might be an enjoyable one? One eye peered down at his tiny speck of a rider as the big brown rose to his full height and slowly he looked off into the brightening sky. It wasn't that she could deny him even if he was seriously asking for her permission, as it stood the brown wasn't actually asking so much as stating his desire to chase after the green that was calling.

"Oh go on then! I'll finish up my stretches and we'll consider this your warm up then?" A feral grin crossed Onasta's face and she winked at him as the brown kicked off from the ground and surged into the sky. Your call is strong to pull dragons from all over. I might not be as acrobatic as you, but who could resist? Jibasth responded to the green he could see twisting and dancing in the sky as he pushed his wings to bring him closer. She cut a beautiful trail in the sky and any male might be so foolish should they ignore her challenge.

------------------------------------------------------

About Jibasth: A giant of a brown, he might not be that acrobatic but his stamina and strength often make up for it. He's a low-key teddybear that enjoys making others happy.

Base points for brown: 35pts
Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
Total: 55

Jibasth's Stats
Strength: 16
Dexterity: 6
Stamina: 16
Wits: 7

TheWishling generated a random number between 1 and 34 ... 22!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:53 pm
One face was familiar, and Kalith bugled her delight at Eldwinth, encouraging the brown to follow her in the sky as she wheeled about. Her body dropped, and then she shot beneath him, tracing his stomach with her tail tips. Why not tease the Brown she spent oh so much time with? This was delightful. Beloved Eldwinth, show me how your music can compare to my flight, and perhaps you will yet spend the eve with me~ Then, about her, another voice. A weyrbred voice that she was curious about. Her wings snapped as she moved to circle above him, ever the elegant acrobat. Crooning loudly, she shifted to gently nudge the other's cheek, You could try to resist, you beautiful creature, but I am a dragon of the circus, and you have yet to see what I can do. Now, both of you, keep up! And with that, she was off, shooting up straight in to the sky, and then dropping down as fast as she could. Without any issue, she snapped her wings open and spiraled in a corkscrew. Her voice echoed in their minds, laughing in pure, bubbly bliss.

In lithe fingers, she shifted a slight pipe, taking a deep drag as she relaxed in to her deep pillows, watching her Green's bright hide, and the Browns that dared chase her. Sweet creatures, both, but her Kalith would put those males through their paces. She? She was rather hoping that Eldwinth's rider might yet come to see her in her own tent.

For this round, roll Dex + Wits!

R1: 22

About Kalith

About Tsura

Kalith's Stats

Hattaki

BastetAmun

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 19 ... 17!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:41 pm
Eyes whirling a constant purple watched Kalith as she danced through the sky, a rumble of delight as she moved towards him, the tips of her tails brushing against him and sending a shiver through his body. Ah, but did the large brown obsess over the lithe green more then he probably should. He kept her in sight, though red did flash in his eyes at the weyrbred brown that joined them.

Let my music wrap around and caress you Kalith. Use it to lift your body just as much as the air does. A low thrum began in the brown's chest that continued even as Kalith climbed into the air and then suddenly dropped down.

Eldwinth was quick to follow behind her, the low thrum continuing as he flew in a lazy circle down.

Azrael, for his part, stood outside of his tent and watched the trio of dragons. Not the biggest turn out for a flight but it was better not to have so much attention drawn to them after all. Ah, but he could still feel a push from Eldwinth, even as the brown dragon focused upon the green. Would it be so bad if he enjoyed himself? The young lady he had ended up with during the last flight had been nice enough after everything and he knew and trusted Tsura after all.

Moving through the collection of tents, Azrael easily found hers and bent down to enter, his eyes finding the woman reclined on her pillows with a pipe in her hands. She was a lovely thing, just as her green was and even so Azrael had fought back any attraction or obsession for her, she was too beautiful for he. Perhaps this flight would allow him a fleeting moment of happiness with her, if she wished it of course.

"May I keep you company Tsura?" Always the gentleman, when he could be and his mind was not so clouded with lust, yet.

Eldwinth's Stats
Stamina: 14
Wits: 12

Round 1 Dex+Wits; 7+12= 17/19  
Hattaki generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 9!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:48 am
Now here was going to be a challenge and a half! She was quite the acrobat and Jibasth was nothing of the sort at all, not that he wouldn't give chase with everything his large body had, but there was little hope of catching such a dancing beauty! Her laughter bubbled in his head along with her challenge and delight flashed through him that had the immense brown bank down to follow her spiraling descent. Now that I would see! Your wings are fast and your skills are great, should that I was half as fast as that but I'll chase all the same! Dance shimmering green stranger, it's a thing of beauty!

Tucking his wings up tight he fell without much style for a moment and spread them to follow her path once again with a great downward push to gain just a bit more momentum.

Jibasth's Stats

Round 1: 9/13

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

TheWishling generated a random number between 1 and 24 ... 1!

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:29 pm
The Green giggled at both boys, though Eldwinth got a brush of special attention as she flew steady on, far too close to the ground. Honestly, Kalith was simply entertained by both Browns vying for her attention. After all, who would not? She was the loveliest, most elegant Green on all of Pern's surface! How could they not crave her love, her time? It was the stranger's words that distracted her for just a moment, enough to make her wing clip the ground as she slid sideways through thick, rocky obstacles. Ah, now that was pain. Her eyes flashed white and yellow, before she rolled herself, staying close to the low ground, Soon, my beloveds, soon. Soon, one of you shall have me in his claws.

Tsura slowly looked up when Azrael finally deigned to join her, smiling around the slight curve of the pipe. Dousing the flame with a quick drop of water, she set it aside, sitting a bit taller. Ah, she had maintained something of a fascination with the man since she'd grown old enough to notice such things, her life with the travelling circus all she'd really ever known, or all she cared to remember. Her lips coiled up higher as she let herself speak, "Yes, beloved Azrael....Come, join me. The pillows are ever so soft."

For this round, roll Dex + Speed!

R1: 22
R2: 1

About Kalith

About Tsura

Kalith's Stats

Hattaki

BastetAmun

Hattaki generated a random number between 1 and 16 ... 13!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:47 pm
Watching her carefully as he was, the flash of yellow that flickered across Kalith's eyes, threaded with white even, wasn't lost on the large brown enough that Jibasth could ignore it. You are quite swift beautiful one, but be careful, harm coming to you would be tragedy indeed. Let your wings carry you higher, or allow mine to aid your ascent. That said he dropped and cast a calm glance at his competitor who seemed to know the green far better than he ever could. Possibly weyrmates, but neither seemed like dragons who flew for a Weyr, at least not Western Weyr, or he'd have seen and known them well.

He wouldn't give in simply because they seemed close though, so Jibasth surged forward, working to pick up distance between himself and the other chaser. All while gaining a foot or so closer to the dancing green that had called him from so far away. She was so close, but that could change so quickly!

Jibasth's Stats

Round 1: 9/13
Round 2: 13/16

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 14 ... 1!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:03 am

Eldwinth's Stats