Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
File - S: Chris pov

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:12 am
Chris had been really busy lately. Between her day job as a newly appointed Supreme Court Justice (also first psychic Justice, she got a lot of emails both good and bad), adviser of sorts to the Department of Defense (she called the Secretary of Defense once to get him to stop their testing on something dangerous that would have caused a huge catastrophe, led to her getting higher level of security clearance since she knew about things she wasn’t technically supposed to) and keeping track of the time travel department of the family company (clairvoyance really was good for knowing who to send and as the only Seer to be able to see the time travelers in the family it made sense), Chris didn’t really have time to herself any more. She kind of felt bad that she didn’t get to spend as much time with Lexa and Liam as she’d liked. Nate was a great sport about it though, he made the perfect house parent, also helping out with security at the Tower if needed.

So when new time tech showed up on their scanners and it was a company Topher had already been ‘spying’ on with his new hobby, Chris didn’t think twice about sending him. She didn’t ‘see’ anything that could go wrong that Topher couldn’t deal with so she approved him to go. She was aware that she was the only one in the family who knew what Topher was actually up to, and if asked directly, she would just shrug and say she didn’t know where he was. Which wasn’t a lie per se but she still felt bad every time. She had already decided she wasn’t going to get involved with Topher and Tonya’s lovers spat.

She was in the office replying to emails when feeling of missing something hit her. She looked around her office confused. She hadn’t forgotten anything as far as she knew but it was odd. The feeling of missing something important. Like apart of her had vanished. She paused her work for the moment, trying to figure out where this feeling was coming from. It wasn’t her Empathy, she always blocked that at work. She had a creeping doubt that she was being controlled again but she shooed those thoughts out immediately. Topher would never… She paused at that thought, searching her brain for what Topher was doing right now. Nothing… Wait what?

She felt her breath catch in her throat. The last she had ‘seen’ he arrived where he was supposed to be alright but after that… Nothing. She couldn’t see him in any of her visions, couldn’t feel his presence at all. That would explain it then. They had always been connected, no matter how far apart. Topher will be okay. Topher will be okay. She knew her brother well enough that he could deal with anything. And he wasn’t dead, or she would have seen that for sure. Still it was hard to concentrate on work while worrying about Topher. She knew she was going to have to tell Tonya, Topher’s secret be damned…

That evening after work she stopped by Topher’s apartment. The twins were out, probably down in the research lab, but Tonya was home. Good no awkward talk around the kids. Chris knocked softly, still wanting to put off this conversation. Tonya opened the door and let her in, confused. The two had a few conversations before but never anything too serious. Their interactions had mostly been ganging up on Topher. Tonya still noticed Chris’s more serious expression though because after closing the door behind her she immediately said, ”What happened to Topher?” Chris winced. She was going to try to ease into the conversation but Tonya was apparently not having none of that. ”Honestly… I don’t know. Can we sit and discuss it. I need you to hear me out entirely before you freak out or get upset.” Tonya nodded though Chris expected she wouldn’t be so calm in a few minutes.

They sat and Chris started the only place she knew where to start. ”This afternoon, while sitting in my office, I notice that Topher has disappeared.” She took a deep breath to steady herself, trying to find the best words to describe it. ”I don’t know how else to describe it… But I can no longer see him in my visions. I can’t feel his constant annoying presence. I checked with the Tech team and they can’t find his time tech either.” ”But how? You two have that weird twin thing like Toby and Toni. No matter how far apart they are, they can sense each other… It’s kinda freaky honestly…” Chris shrugged. ”I don’t know for sure but I’m working to find out. I know he’s fine because there would be evidence otherwise. Nothing like this has ever happened before.”

The two were silent for a moment before Tonya spoke up. ”Does this have to do with whatever Topher has been keeping from me…” s**t. Chris had been trying to avoid the subject, still wanting to try and keep Topher as innocent in this as possible. ”I...Maybe… Kinda…” Tonya stared at Chris. ”Don’t lie to me Chris.” Chris sighed, knowing she couldn’t actually lie about it. ”We noticed some odd time tech recently and I approved Topher to go out and deal with it. I didn’t see anything going wrong or anything weird and it made sense for him to go because he’s already been dealing with this company… with the government… kind of like a spy.” Chris braced for impact, knowing this was going to be loud.

”HE F*CKING WHAT…” ”Listen! I found out on accident and I told him he needed to tell you but he wanted to keep it separate from everything else. He’s an idiot and an a*****e. But his intentions are pure. The less you know about some of the things that happen around here the safer you are. For f*cks sake he didn’t even tell mom, probably expecting a similar reaction from her. Just… Don’t take it out on him too bad…” She stood, knowing she had a million other things to do. ”I promise, if I find out anything you’ll be the first to know.”  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:14 am
Chris spent the rest of the day, evening and well into the night trying to locate her brother. Nothing. No phone calls would go through, she couldn’t track his phone either. The time tech wasn’t sending off any signals. Something was going on. Nate finally pulled her away from her computer, commenting ”You are starting to act like your mother. Leave it for tomorrow and come to bed. Maybe he’ll show up in your dreams. He’s a big boy, he can take care of himself for once.” She leaned back into his arms and sighed. ”You are right but I’m still worried. I hate not knowing what is going on.” Nate smirked. ”You can’t know everything Chris…” She lightly punched him in the arm and they went off to bed.

Her sleep was dreamless. She was so focused on Topher that none of her other usual visions could get through. Then suddenly all her dreams were just Topher. She bolted upright, scaring Nate awake as well. ”Chris? Whats wrong?” She shook her head. ”Nothing, go back to sleep.” Her brain was kind of foggy and also trying to focus on two things at once, so she more muttered it than anything. Nate just shrugged and turned over. She slid out of bed, sleepy brain already working to get itself functioning while it tried to process what was going on. Unfortunately that meant mistakes. Her coffee pot and every coffee pot in the rooms on her floor started at the same time making coffee. Or trying to at least.

She paced in front of the coffee pot waiting for it to finish. When it was done she poured a cup and downed it black, ignoring the burning sensation in her throat before pouring a second cup and actually fixing it the way she liked it. She downed half of that too, pacing the whole time. She was trying hard to both focus on the visions and the real world at the same time, finding it very hard to do so. She heard footsteps and she turned to face a very confused and sleepy looking Liam.

”Mom? You are going to wear a hole in the floor if you keep pacing like that… At least sit down.” He rubbed his eyes and walked over to the table, taking a seat and patting the one opposite for her. She followed, placing a kiss on top of his head. ”Did I wake you Liam? I didn’t mean to. You should go back to bed hun.” Liam shook his head. ”You are worried about getting lost in your visions if you look for Uncle Topher. I’ll sit here and pull you out if you need it.” She stared at him. ”What? You’ve been broadcasting Save Topher over and over while you were pacing. It was very distracting.” He said it so matter-of-factly. He reminded her so much of herself when she was younger before she realized that she didn’t have to be serious all the time to control her emotions.

”Is that how I woke you up?” Liam shrugged. ”Sort of. Mostly the coffee smell though. You owe me for this later…” Chris smirked, placing her cup down on the table and ruffling through Liam’s hair, much to his protest. ”I know. And thank you.” She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, placing her elbows on the table, interlocking her fingers and leaning against her hands, eyes closed. She let go of the fear of losing control and just let the visions take over.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:14 am
Because of the nature of Topher’s disappearance and sudden reappearance, she was only seeing things seconds before they happened. It made it easier to see what was happening without any variations, but it also made it hard to react real time. She could see it as if she was right there with them. Luckily she didn’t have to deal with the smell. They were in a garbage truck. At first she couldn’t tell if the figure next to Topher was friend or foe, but the way Topher protected them from the helicopter made it clear quite fast. Apparently the figure’s name was Salem, good to know.

Chris was in a good spot to see what happened with the weapon and the helicopter and she was only a bit surprised to hear it was one of her own designs. Time travel was involved then? Obviously considering the way the boy spoke and it would make sense that some kind of time travel ******** could block her from seeing Topher. Her heart sank when the kid pulled off his mask and explained who he was in more detail. s**t.

She winced, hearing the anger in Topher’s voice loud and clear. She was glad her Empathy didn’t work in visions cause she could still almost feel the anger coming off him without it. The boy spoke directly to her this time, telling her to get Tonya somewhere safe. She still didn’t feel like she had enough information to go on but she wasn’t about to let anything happen to Tonya or the kids while Topher was away. She caught the bit about sending her a text but by now her visions decided there was more pressing matters at hand and while still in this vision of Topher, visions started flashing quickly of different events of Tonya’s capture and or death. ********. By the time Salem was forced back she wasn’t even focused on that vision, flooded with even more visions of possible ways things could go wrong in the next few hours.

Liam was sitting there ready, watching Chris closely. She decided against broadcasting her visions so he didn’t know what she was seeing and he didn’t want to pull her out too early. Besides, from what he knew of his mom and the majority of their family, she had near perfect control of her abilities. He didn’t even think she would need the help. Of course he was proven wrong. He heard her take a sharp breath and visibly stiffen.

”Mom?” Now would be the time to pull her out he figured, standing up and putting his hand on her shoulder. ”Mom its time to come back now. Mom?” He shook her shoulder just a little and it seemed to work. She lifted her head and looked around her confused for a second before focusing on Liam’s face. About the same time Nate came into the kitchen with a yawn and Chris’s phone in his hand.

”You have a text from a number I don’t recognize… Is everything okay?” He stopped in his tracks, looking at Chris and Liam with concern. Chris turned to him, mind racing. How much time did they have? She wasn’t sure exactly there were too many variables and none of the timelines were coherent enough with a time. So the sooner the better. She took a couple of deep breaths, willing her heart to calm down. ”Tonya and the kids are in danger. I need you to go to her work and get her. You can call if you think it’ll help but something tells me its not going to be easy to convince her over the phone.” She stood, a little shaky, but she shook off any help that was offered her.

Nate nodded, more awake than before. He was more worried about Chris though, never seeing her this spooked before. Whatever it was, it was big. ”At work you said? I swear she never sleeps either. Is there anything else I need to do? What about the twins?” ”Doesn’t matter how just get her back here. Whatever the hell Topher has gotten himself into this time its put them at risk. Just please. And hurry, I don’t know how long we have and the safest place for them is here in the Tower. I’ll go get the kids. Liam, you and your sister stay here. Do not leave, do not let anyone in. I’ll get the twins and get mom and security on high alert.” She took her phone from Nate and saved the number that texted her. She would make sure Tonya got it but the priority was making sure they were safe.

She pulled Nate into a kiss, much to Liam’s dismay and complaint. ”Gross.” He hurried off to do as she asked, heading back to the room first to put on actual pants. Chris took a deep breath. Unlike Jenny, who knew exactly how to be calm in a crisis, Chris was less used to it. She typically liked to plan ahead so she could expect what was going to happen but she didn’t have that luxury. As far as she could tell, they weren’t going after the kids first. They probably wanted to prove they could get to anyone anywhere by getting Tonya at work first. That and Tonya would be harder to stop if they took the twins first. Take out the stronger first and let the weaker ones come to you. Not to mention the security here at the Tower would be tougher to deal with even with time travel on their side.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:15 am
Chris left just before Nate, making her way over to the apartment where the twins would likely still be sleeping. She had the code to the apartment for emergencies just like this. She entered the apartment and shut the door behind her. Everything was flipped from her own as they lived on the opposite side of the hall. Still she knew where she was going. She wasn’t sure which twin was in which room so she knocked on the door of the first room before opening it a crack and poking her head in.

It was obviously Toby’s room and she opened the door all the way. He hadn’t stired at all, even with the hall light shining into his room. Probably a heavy sleeper like her then. ”Toby?” She called out softly, but loud enough that most people would still react to it. Toby groaned and mumbled something Chris didn’t catch. She walked up next to the bed and gently shook his shoulder. ”Come on Toby, its time to get up.” She used her mom voice to try to coax him awake. He rolled over to his other side muttering, "Not now... monsters aren't scary, there's a duck somewhere I need to save it..." Chris made a face. ”GDI Toby… Why do you have to remind me when you were cute when I’m about to do something very mean.”

Chris took a step back from the bed and exhaled in preparation for her next trick. She stuck out her arms, palms up and focused, slowly lifting both her hands and Toby with her Telekinesis. While she didn’t have to do it that way, she did it for the extra focus. She didn’t know how much Toby weighed and it helped to use her arms to visualize it. Floating there didn’t wake him but the sudden drop back to the bed did. He screamed at the top of his lungs.

”FUUUUUUUUU…. I’M AWAKE GOD DAMN IT!” Chris stared at him with a disappointed face. ”Toby would you shut the f*ck… Oh, hey Auntie. Whats up?” Toni stood in the doorway, rubbing sleep out of her eyes. Well that took care of getting the twins awake. ”There is a bit of a problem, so as a precaution, for now you guys are going to stay with us. Nate went to get your mom.” Toby muttered something else Chris didn’t catch and started to lay back down. ”That means now Toby.” Angry mom voice did the trick. ”Fine but can you two leave so I can at least get dressed.” Toni shrugged and walked back to her room. Chris followed her, letting Toby’s door shut behind her. ”Don’t fall back asleep either Toby!” She called out from the other side of the door. She heard him groan loudly and figured that would do the trick.

She walked into Toni’s room, shutting the door behind her and leaning against it, arms still behind her back. This was going to be awkward, and she wasn’t even sure what she wanted to say. Her own daughter was the same age and really this should be Topher or Tonya’s job, but seeing as how Topher would be too angry to think straight and the situation they seemed to be in right now, she didn’t have much of a choice. If that kid popped up around here, anyone involved would need to know who he is.

She cleared her throat softly. ”Actually, there is something else I would like to discuss with you, if you don’t mind.” She could feel the girl’s fear, though she did a pretty good job trying to play it off.Toni sighed for a while. "Let me guess, one of them traveled back and dad, knows already, figures." She wanted to keep it from him until the right time but with time travel and the family abilities that was doubtful, she wasn’t sure how, she just knew deep down she was having twins, seemed like a family trait.

Chris nodded, noting her use of the word ‘them’ and their family history with twins. “I only started having symptoms a few days ago, Kaleb doesn’t know yet and I’m worried that dad will most likely kill him, which honestly I don’t think isn’t out of the picture.” Toni curled her feet up and sat in a ball on the couch, she wanted to sob at the moment but right now there was things going on so she needed to stay calm. Chris came and sat beside her, wrapping her arms around the girl. ”Mom is probably going to as well though I think her and Toby already suspect, moreso Toby.” At that exact moment Toby coughed in his room and Toni sighed, he probably could slightly hear them talking and she slammed his door shut on him. She heard a yelp and grinned as he started cursing, probably caught one of his fingers in the door. Chris suppressed a laugh. ”He is definitely angry and your mom may be as well but I promise I won’t let them murder him…” She hugged her tightly.

”I don’t know what DAD is doing but he and mom have been on edge for a while and I’m worried that this will break him, that’s why I didn’t want to flat out tell him right away.” She got up and started to pace a bit. Chris stayed seated, watching with a concerned expression. ”He has… anger problems, and well I just don’t want to throw in something to add to their problems right now. I don’t know what to do with him.” She sat back down and looked up at the ceiling. ”One minute he’s there when you need him, caring and all that father stuff, the next he’s well, gone and no one knows what the f*ck he’s doing.” She looked over at Chris at that, usually she did know but she wasn’t going to press it out of her, if it was a secret for her dad to explain she’d let him come out with it, It wasn’t her Aunt’s fault, but his.

Chris sighed. ”You are absolutely right. And when he gets back, I have every intention of reminding him exactly how absent he has been. But no matter what, you have to remember that your father loves you. He’s hard headed and an irrational a*****e who can’t sit still for five f*cking minutes. But he is doing what he thinks he needs to for this family.” Chris rubbed the bridge of her nose, annoyed at her brother again. She wasn’t his god damn keeper. She exhaled slowly, now was not the time to get worked up over an idiot. ”You are a Mizuki, the most strong willed, stubborn family on the face of the earth. Everything will turn out okay. And if there is ever anything you feel like you can’t tell your mom or dad, just come to me. As I happened to learn the hard way a long time ago, you never have to deal with anything alone. And if you feel like you need backup when telling Tonya, I’ll stand behind you… Or in front of you if I have to.” Chris joked. ”I’ll let you finish getting ready.” She stood and walked out of the room. She waited in the living room, lightly pacing.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:02 am
Now that she had a moment to herself, she had time to process more of what had happened with Topher. Apparently he was in China, from what she could make out by the way Salem and Topher were talking. Great… Then there was a name she didn’t recognize. Melina… A future baddie? She would have to look into it when she got time later. She pulled out her phone and dialed Jenny’s number, knowing that she was probably awake anyway.

”Mom? I have a huge favor to ask. Get the security team together, we need to be on high alert. No one comes in or out. Except Nate and Tonya when they get here. I’ll explain in a bit, get Dad, Frederick, and Aurelia to the conference room. Let the guys at the gate know to tell Nate and Tonya to make their way there when they get here. And see if Barbara will come by my apartment to watch the kids.” Jenny sighed. ”Will do. Don’t take too long.” Chris hung up the phone and called Matt next. No answer ever after a few tries so she texted him instead. Topher is on his way to you. ~C That would be enough to get his attention at least.

”Wow, made coffee and everything for us this morning, things must be pretty serious.” Chris looked up to see Toby enter into the living room. ”I didn’t… Wait…” There was a hint of coffee in the air. She hadn’t made coffee here though… unless. ”F*ck” She probably had accidentally turned on their coffee machine in her daze this morning. Probably more than just theirs. Toni came out of her room next and Chris nodded. ”Alright, lets head out. You shouldn’t need anything. Don’t worry about school or anything, I hope this won’t take too long to resolve.” And with that they made their way back to her apartment.

Barbara was already there which was kind of a surprise. (She commented that she had to keep up with Jenny all the time so it really shouldn’t have been all that surprising.) Chris left the children in her care with the express rule that no one was to leave the apartment and don’t let anyone in. And to call her if they had any problems. Positive that they would all be safe, she left them to go downstairs and deal with Jenny, who was definitely wondering what in the hell was going on now.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:03 am
Nate drove faster than he normally did. If Chris was acting like this, there was a reason and not a good one. She always tried to be so calm but Nate knew more than any of the others how much she tried to keep from them. For her to show that much emotion about this… To be honest it scared him. He pulled into the parking lot and made his way inside. He knew where Tonya’s office was and he was only a bit surprised to find there weren’t that many people in the building.

He knocked on her door and didn’t wait for a response before opening it and poking his head in. Tonya glared at him. ”You know the point of knocking is so the other person can answer before you open the door.” She was clearly agitated, Nate figured it was still from the conversation Chris had with her earlier. ”Tonya…” ”What is it Nate, I’d like to get back to work.” Nate sighed and stepped inside, closing the door behind him. ”You are in danger Tonya, I’m here to take you home.” ”Bullshit. I’m safe right f*cking here Nate, I’m not going anywhere.” ”Its Topher…” ”I don’t care if its the president of the god damn united states Nate. I’m not going anywhere. Whatever the hell problem Topher has gotten himself into, he can get himself out of it without the need for me to go anywhere and do anything but my f*cking job.”

Nate gritted his teeth. He didn’t know if he had time to argue with her, but he didn’t want to find out. He came over to her desk and grabbed her arm, trying to pull her up out of the chair. ”Tonya…” Whatever he was going to say next was lost as she decked him right in the nose with an audible snap. He took a couple of steps back, hands covering his nose and blood dripping down his face and through is fingers. ”What the f*cking hell Tonya! F*ck that hurt.” "At least I didn't f*cking shoot you." Tonya went to sit back down. ”Tonya f*cking listen for just one god damn minute. You and the twins are in danger. I don’t know more than that but Chris is freaked out by whatever it is. Whatever the hell mess Topher has gotten himself into is going to affect all of us real f*cking soon and you are right smack dab in the middle of it. The Tower is the safest place to be right now and if you don’t come right now, I can’t promise we’ll make it back safely. If you won’t come back for Topher, at least come back for Toni and Toby.”

That seemed to give her pause and she finally gave in. ”Fine but I’m driving back.” Nate groaned.”I’m going to regret this. I’m going to kill Topher when he gets back I swear. Do you not have any f*cking tissues or am I just supposed to bleed all over the floor.” She pointed to the box on her desk and laughed at him while she gathered the rest of her things.

Nate remembered why he didn’t like riding with Tonya. His speed earlier was still reasonable and it was a special occasion to go that fast. Tonya always drove like a f*cking demon. They made it to the gate and were quickly ushered in and the gate locked tight behind them. Chris or Jenny must have ordered them not to let anyone in or out for a while. The guard at the gate let them know that they were expected in the conference room when they got a chance. "Tonya, you go ahead and let them know I'll be late. I'm going to go get this looked at." He didn't look at her directly mostly because he was still pissed she went a actually broke his nose.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:27 am
Chris made her way to the elevator to get to the conference room. Once in the elevator she leaned her head back against the wall and sighed. This was going to suck. However on the way down a vision struck her harder than any had in a while. It flashed by quickly and left her winded, mind racing to comprehend what she’d seen. Genesis… She’d heard a rumor about something like that being brought into existence years ago but to know it actually exists and that Topher of all people helped create it threw her for a loop.

Not to mention Topher speaking of Maxwell having a child. A daughter, Chris guessed that’s who Melina would be. The rest pissed her off and she knew for a fact she was going to have to contact the Sec of Defence if there was any chance of getting more information out of Topher. She was beyond pissed, knowing they would do something like that and also scared that if they had done it to Topher that they could very well have done it to her as well. Jenny probably was right to want to keep their power levels a secret.

The elevator had long stopped by the time she returned to the present. F*ck Good thing she already had this meeting called, but by the looks of it she only had five minutes before any of that happened. She took a deep breath, trying her hardest to calm down. It took her a minute to collect herself, blocking off her Empathy just so she wouldn’t accidentally broadcast her feelings across the whole f*cking building. No one else needed to feel the panic she was trying her hardest to suppress.

She rushed to the conference room and the only people missing were Tony and Nate. Jenny could read the concern on her face. ”The gate just called and said Nate and Tonya are on their way. What is going on Chris?” All of them were looking at her concerned and she knew she probably looked a mess. She hadn’t even taken the time to pull her hair back in a ponytail yet. ”Its long and complicated and I don’t really know where to start.” Chris took a seat at the table, avoiding the look Jack was giving her. He started to speak but Tonya walked in at that moment and he left it at that. She looked over at Chris first. ”Nate should be around in a bit, I may have broken his nose.” Chris waved her off, it was understandable and Nate could take care of himself, she could fill him in on the details later. Now everyone was looking at her expectantly again.

”Frederick, you’ll get a phone call in about 5 minutes. When it comes through, go ahead and take it, you won’t want to be in here to do it, don’t worry about it. I hope I can get through what I need to say before that happens.” Frederick nodded. Okay so far so good. ”There is a lot going on and I know you all have questions. I can’t answer all of them, mostly because I don’t know all of the answers, but also because Topher needs to be the one to explain all of this to you. He’s been acting as a spy for the government.” Jenny glared in Chris’s direction but quickly shifted her focus to Frederick.
”Where the hell is my son Frederick…” Frederick shook his head. ”I don’t know Jenny.” ”BULL s**t YOU ALWAYS F*CKING KNOW.” ”MOM! Stop just for a bit here. Frederick doesn’t know. F*ck I don’t even know. That brings me to the second point.” Luckily Jenny stopped but she kept her glare on Frederick for now. Chris didn’t have time for arguments. ”Listen. We got hint of some time tech related to something he’s already been dealing with so I assigned it to him. Then he disappeared. We weren’t connected, I couldn’t see him in any visions, his time tech wasn’t sending out a signal, his phone was off or broke. Until just this morning. He’s in some kind of trouble but I can’t tell exactly what it is yet. What I do know is that unfortunately, that is affecting us. Whoever this big bad is who can hide Topher from me, they have some powerful connections. There’s now a hit out on Tonya and the twins, which is why I asked the Tower be put on lockdown.” She avoided the bit about Genesis, hoping she could possibly talk the Sec of Defense out of it. Let him come home and stay home. Either way, that was Topher’s problem to discuss later. However that led to the awkward part of the conversation.

”There is one more thing.” She silently apologize to Toni in her head. There was too much going on not to mention it at least. ”Toni is pregnant.” Jenny jumped out of her chair. ”WHAT?!?” ”MOM STOP IT!” Chris snapped back and Jenny sat down. Chris never lost her composure like that. ”F*ck I only mention it now because there is possible Time Travel s**t involved and its better if we are all on the same page.” At that moment Fredericks phone began to ring. He checked it and cursed under his breath, looking up at Chris before rushing out the door the take the call. At least she got through what she needed. ”Tonya, the kids are in my apartment with Barbara. Mom, talk with Aurelia and see if we can get any info on who is coming after Tonya and the kids. And I’m sorry…” She didn’t explain what for but it was mostly understood. Jenny nodded before leaving, too angry to properly deal with Chris currently. Tonya also took off to go get the twins. Jack stood and came over to Chris, placing a hand on her shoulder.

”Is it bad I don’t really want Topher to come home?” She mostly whispered it but she knew Jack could hear her. Her brother was an idiot but she still loved him. But this secret s**t going on, Genesis, all of it was wearing her out. She still felt too disconnected from Topher (that would be the nanobots fault, though she’s not aware of that) and that didn’t help. ”You’re angry at him, its understandable.” ”Its like he thinks things will always magically work out all the time. As if I don’t work my a** off to keep him straight.” She sighed. ”Then don’t. Let him figure it out on his own this time. You aren’t your mom. You don’t have to have control of everything at all times Chris.”

Frederick walked back in looking pissed. His eyes met Chris’s and Jack sighed. ”Work is never done, I’ll go make sure your mom doesn’t flip out again so you two can talk.” He waved and walked off, leaving the two alone. ”So you know already…” Chris nodded. ”Unfortunately. Damn it Topher!” She smacked the desk hard with her hand ”Chris, I…” ”I know Uncle Frederick. I’m going to call him and see if he’ll change his mind but the chances are so small… I have a few things if you don’t mind… Please tell me he’s not doing other things in that place just so we can’t see it…” Frederick paused at that. ”I don’t know…” he spoke softly. ”Frederick…” ”I Don’t Know Chris.” She held her hand up. She believed him at least. ”One more thing, before they process your resignation, is there any way you can get your hands on the things Topher has been working on and get me a copy? Not for Genesis… We still have a time traveler to deal with… And I’d like to know all I can before Topher gets here. Because I will get him a few days with us at least before he gets stuck there.” Frederick nodded. ”I’ll see what I can do.”

As Frederick walked out, Nate poked his head in. His face was bruised and covered in bandages. ”I see she really did break your nose…” She meant to make it sound amused but it just fell flat. He came into the room and wrapped his arms around her shoulders. ”I am going to kill your brother for this. My nose was my best feature! Now you’ll never look at me the same.” He tried to joke but Chris didn’t laugh, just tracing circles on the back of his hand. ”Something else happened didn’t it… Tell me.” She shook her head. She really didn’t want to burden him with this. He turned her chair around so she was facing him and bent down to be face to face with her. ”Chris…” She avoided eye contact. ”Christine Jones, please just tell me what’s bothering you. Whatever it is, it's too much for you to hold onto yourself. That’s what I’m here for.” She looked up at him, close to tears. ”I’m scared Nate. There’s so much going on right now. But we’ve always dealt with stuff like this together. Now…” She was going to be alone. If Topher being in Genesis was anything like the past 24hrs, then she wasn’t sure how she was going to cope.

Nate pulled her out of the chair and hugged her close. ”You aren’t alone Chris. No matter what. He’ll come home like he always does. And then I’m going to kick his a** okay? Just for you. And for my nose...” Chris kind of tried to laugh but instead she just hugged him tighter. ”It’s going to be okay Chris. I promise. Remember, my special ability is to make you happy.” She nodded and pulled away. ”I know. But I have a phone call to make so we’ll have to reschedule…”

Chris had the Secretary of Defence on speed dial. Directly patched to him just in case of emergencies. ”Hello this is…” ”72 hours.” ”What? Who… Chirs?” ”Give me 72 hours with him and you can do whatever you want with him.” ”Topher? Oh my god you saw all of that… Chris, you know I can’t just do that.” ”Listen, I’m very, very willing to overlook the very unethical things I’ve just seen. I understand, I really do. Topher has done things that he can’t get away from this time, all I’m asking for is 72 hours with him.” ”Chris…” ”I will remind you one time Mr. Secretary, that on page one of your handbook about dealing with the Mizuki family, is to let them deal with their own s**t. We have a family problem that we need information from Topher before you send him away. 72 Hours from the time you get him in my care and I’ll hand him right back over.” ”Fine but you give me live access to see his time travel data. He is not the leave the Tower under any circumstance or we will knock it down to get him back.” ”You should know me better than that Paul. And thank you.” It wasn’t an ideal situation but it was better than nothing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:51 pm
((The next stage of this is here))  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Out Of Cookies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items