Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She wasn't much one for burials, but she had done what she could for that poor liones....Lumina? Momo didn't know her, but there was something that seemed to tragic in her, right before she had died. She hadn't even attempted to fight back. Did she know she was to die that night? Momo knew of the visions that seers were blessed with, so perhaps...

That did not remove the guilt she felt whenever she recalled her first run-in with this Mwisho and her. If somehow she had known, had realized what was going to come...she could have done something. Momo was smart enough to know that the guilt would pass, that all mortals would eventually die. She sat quietly for a long time underneath a tree, letting her thoughts twist and turn and tug at her heart. She sighed heavily, finally pulling herself away once dusk began to settle over. Sitting around moping wasn't going to do anything, though she didn't even know where to start. Who was he, really? Was there something she could do to prevent more tragedy?

But where was she to start? She began to wander, hoping that her paws may lead her...somewhere productive.

Vashtya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:11 pm
User Image

Usiri was perched on a small rise, pondering the landscape below with an unusually thoughtful expression. He was not typically one to spend a great deal of time worrying about what was to come, but he did find himself staring up at the sky and wondering what was causing all of the strange colors that seemed to twist together almost angrily, occasionally giving way to unusual other...phenomena. He had no direction since awakening, no purpose driving him...except, perhaps, curiosity, tempered by a long-standing love affair with laziness. So much had changed since he'd last walked the mortal realm...and yet, so much remained the same cyclical patterns of birth, ********, raising the next generation...and then death, all whirling through their lives in the blink of an eye. It was as exhausting as it was fascinating.

As he brought his eyes back down to earth, he was surprised to see a pale, striped goddess emerge from behind tree cover, her posture...odd. Tilting his head slightly, a niggle of curiosity brought him to his feet. Drawing closer to her, he stopped far enough away to offer a greeting without invading her space. "Hello."

Laziness could most certainly carry over into speech, it would appear.

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:10 pm
Momo felt like she was going to jump out of her skin. She didn't realize that someone was there, so to have a 'hello' come out of what felt like a disembodied voice scared the s**t out of her. She at least was able to swallow down a scream before her olive eyes shot over to see that there indeed was a body around, and another god at that.

"Ah....I'm sorry. I didn't see you there," she said with a bob of her head as an apology. "I...wasn't really paying any attention at all, as dangerous as that can be in these times." She felt her heart twist a bit more, but she didn't really know this god. The patterns along his body did not seem familiar either, and beyond the calm and relaxed look upon his face, she couldn't even guess what he was.

"Do you....have you seen what has been going on?" she asked quietly.

Vashtya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:36 pm
Usiri blinked. It wasn't often that the large god surprised someone with his appearance enough to make them so obviously jump. And then for her to apologize...

Shaking his head, he waved away her apology carelessly with one massivepaw. "That's hardly something to apologize for." He rumbled pleasantly, his voice perpetually deep and sleep-roughened.

At her comment on the dangers of inattentiveness, he shrugged. Perhaps it was his intimidating size...or more likely, just a refusal to put forth the effort of being too attentive...he had yet to ever have felt particularly threatened - at least, not since hitting adulthood.

"Not to the extent that I understand any of that" he replied, inclining his head upward at the sky. "There have been other odd happenings, though, from more predictable sources." His expression shifted slightly, to a vague look of irritation, remembering his rude awakening.

He then gave the goddess a critical once-over with his gaze. "Has there been something more dramatic than the weather?" He asked, wondering if this might be what had had her so...distracted.

Safaia

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:01 pm
He sounded so...tired? Was that what it was? Momo's own mind was such a jumbled mess, she had to remind herself to slow down, take a deep breath....and not let her heart leap ahead of her mind. He seemed quiet, nice enough. She would keep a safe distance from him, but it was for his sake as well. He probably didn't know who she was, and it was always foolish to just....blindly trust other gods, as she had learned over the years.

"Death has been busy," she whispered, not wanting to somehow gain his attention. She...did not really like him, to be honest. But he was a large problem for her domain, her power source, and so she instinctively felt opposed to anything that had to do with him.

"It is one thing to be locked out of the Haven," she breathed, feeling her wings tighten against her body, as if hugging herself. "It is another to have a child you do not remember swear to kill you." She was being brutally honest, but she couldn't help herself. It was terrifying.

Though she wondered...did this god have a good memory? Would he know anything about the past? Perhaps the next step in solving this mystery would be trying to find a god that seemed to remember...her own past life, before her current one. That had to explain why she did not remember him.

Vashtya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:15 pm
Usiri blinked at her next words, unexpected after a fairly lengthy silence, and punctuated by her...well, rather "on edge" seeming body language. He'd never met Death personally, and mention of the god (arguably the most powerful of their kind, since he eventually held sway over...well, all) was unusual, especially when phrased as if she actually knew him.

When she continued, the usually slumberously half-lidded eyes of the god of sleep opened wide, curiosity seizing the breath in his lungs. She was locked out of the Haven? Admittedly...he couldn't even remember the last time he'd set foot up there, but...that was concerning. When she mentioned an unknown child, swearing to kill her, he finally spoke again. "That would ruin the day for most," he said it softly, his voice pitched low. "Did the child at least say why?" He may have slept away years of time...but at least he hadn't come across any situations like that.

He yawned, his jaw cracking with the effort, although he made an effort to cover the action with one ink-black wing. He hesitated, thinking. There wasn't much he had to offer, whether it be advice or information...but she looked so frazzled that he felt unusually compelled to assist in some capacity - perhaps he could grant her more restful sleep, for the next day or two? Perhaps he would, when they parted ways.

"Do you typically spend a great deal of time in the Haven?" When in doubt, asking her another question was easier than sitting in the heavy silence that followed her declaration.

Safaia

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:57 pm
It was very hard to tell if he was bored or just tired....but she was always patient with anyone, regardless of if they were god or mortal. She gave him the benefit of the doubt, and was glad she did when he tried to cover up his yawn. It was...rather cute, like a cub.

"Ah...no. And I'm trying to see if I can find anyone who would remember for me," she replied quietly. She was starting to think that he wouldn't remember, perhaps not being alive when this whole incident happened.

"I do spend time in the Haven," she added on. "It is loud here, in the mortal realm. Love is rather...in demand. And the Haven may have had someone who could help me with my problem, but now I have to find them on wing and paw across the mortal realm."

Vashtya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:30 pm
He made a face, curiously sympathetic. That was the sort of family...dramatics that would be upsetting for anyone, especially if one lacked the memories to understand what had caused it.  "Given how often our kind undergo rebirth, that could be challenging," he observed, feeling a need to state the obvious.

He hesitated, but then continued. "I may have been alive when it happened, but I have been quite...solitary." he shook his head. "We've never met, nor have I heard anything."

And then...he blinked. That sounded...well, downright exhausting. Truthfully, he suspected that if his realm had been something so potentially demanding, he'd never want to leave the haven. He was much more suited to his own rather...placid domain. Unlike love, where beings dreamed of it, even lusted for it, sleep was a necessity, and as such rarely did mortals have it seriously disrupted.

"I don't envy you that search, given how easily we're able to cover large distances." He made a face, glad it wasn't a task he had to fulfill. "Do you at least have a place to start, or a being you intend to seek out?"

Safaia

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:25 pm
To say that she was disappointed wouldn’t quite right true. She had a feeling that he wouldn’t have been able to help her, but she was of the kind to always attempt new things. As long as they didn’t look too dangerous. Asking questions was rarely dangerous, regardless of whom you asked. Still she let herself release the smallest sigh as he confirmed her suspicions.

“Unfortunately, the mortal realm is rather...large. And it is very easy for those of our kind to blend in or hide, so I fear this will be a rather long search.” Her ears swiveled around her head as her olive eyes glanced around them. It was so quiet, she almost envied him of his seemingly passive and yet blissful life. “I know of a pride that offers respect to us; they erect shrines in our honor and allow those to come and give offerings for blessing or good fortune. I’ve visited there before, and I hope to stumble across someone who may have information.”

Vashtya

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff