[PRP] It's The Little Things [A'iel/Taiena]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:18 pm
A'iel hated when his riders got hurt. Of course, that was all part and parcel of being a wingsecond. A rider in general, even, in this day and age. Riders got hurt, and sometimes they died. Thankfully the rider he was checking in on was only hurt. Probably enough to be out the next round of battle or two, but nothing that would leave long-term effects aside from scars. That didn't mean he still didn't deserve his wingleader's attention though, and so A'iel had come to check in on his recovery.

The rider he'd found in a room with several others, all being bustled between by several harried-looking healers. A few had their own visitors, but he paid them little mind. "Ts'man," He managed a smile, spotting his rider and crossing to hover near the bed. "You're well? How is your leg today?" The pair chatted briefly, lightly friendly but more business than anything else. Enough to let A'iel know that all was well and Ts'man was on the mend.

So when one of the healers noticed him still lingering and came to shoo him away, quipping that 'family, children, can visit in proper daytime hours', though it made him frown (as well as realize that he had again forgotten his knots) he did not complain or resist. He'd been about to leave anyway. And indeed it seemed like several youngsters were being shooed out along with him. He paused long enough to hold the door wide for several, smiling briefly at a young lady who had also been sent packing. "I suppose there's always tomorrow, hmm? The healers will keep them well until then," he reassured her, as he would any worried youngster.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:43 pm
"Where's your brother?" Veena hadn't even looked away from her work - updating notes about riders who were under her care and double checking them against what had been written by the other healers - to speak to her daughter who was nose deep in records that had been unearthed for her. Taiena snapped to attention, clutching the precious notes tightly enough that anybody who was even slightly particular about how things were kept would have had a stroke over it. "Vaikal? He was checking on the plants we have on my ledge," and according to Khandjith, the man was still there. Nervously so, as she could feel the intensity of her lifemate's stare. But her weyr had enough sunshine that such little projects did well on it, and while not enough to keep them fully stocked, in an emergency they did.

It had been a task he'd been put to some time ago, and it was likely all the blood from changed bandages that had made him particularly diligent in the task that day. Veena's eyes narrowed enough that her daughter simply sighed, curling the pages she'd been reading and setting them on the woman's desk. "You need him, then? I can have Khan-" she was cut off by her mother frowning. "No.No." there was a firmness in her voice that should have cut off the discussion, but Taiena just shook her head as she stood up. "Fine. I'll go get him. Does he need to come back with anything?"

Veena waved her daughter off with a hand. "He knows what I sent him for. Make sure he doesn't forget it, please," to anybody else, she would have sounded on the serious side, but she could tell it was at least not a rush. Which meant she didn't have to run across the Weyr to grab her brother.

It seemed that visiting time was over as well, and Taiena joined the herd with little issue, offering the young man who held the door open for her a smile as she stepped through it. Though the smile faded into a brief confusion when he spoke up. Tomorr- Oh! Visiting hours! She'd certainly left with the group, so it made sense that he thought she was visiting someone. Goodness, she had been, technically. "Oh! Yes, I would hope so. I'd hate to see my mother send another healer packing," Veena was a strict woman, and anybody who wasn't on the ball was quick to correct themselves or get gone. "Visiting a family member, or...?" she trailed off, finishing her question with a slight incline of her head.

ShinosBee

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out