Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] Thoughts and Things (Bhumi x Astrus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:34 pm
How long had she been here?

Two years too long, that's how long.

Adult children were her only reason for staying and she was starting to wonder why she remained. They were all grown up and didn't need her to look after them anymore.

Flicking her tail behind her she nosed a few flowers from a garden she had found not long ago. It looked to have been well taken care of but had been neglected for a couple weeks it seemed. Though she was certain someone was trying to keep it alive, she had found some fresh footprints and planted seeds.

Perhaps she could take it up? Something to do in her free time while she contemplated staying or leaving the lands. It looked like someone had put a lot of effort into it and she sorta found it disheartening that it was looking a little rough for wear.

She decided, she would make it thrive once more.

At least over time.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:49 pm
AstoriaFallen

It had been a while since Astrus had been up to the cliffs. She knew it was one of her mother's favorite spots to tend, the little garden she and the male she had bred with had developed. Astrus shook her head in bitterness at the thought of the male.

If he hadn't come around, her mother would still be here. It was /his/ children after all that had caused her mother to succumb, even though the famine likely had something to do with it too.

Still, deep down in the former reaver's mind, she knew her mother would not like the flowers to be completely abandoned. She would check them out occasionally.

Today was that day.

Her dark pink eyes narrowed as she spotted a foreign form near the small garden. "What are you doing with those flowers," a low growl emitted from Astrus' throat, as she approached the tan lioness.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:12 pm
KasaiLoki

The threatening growl from someone came to her ears quickly and she turned to look at who it belonged to and answered the question asked. "I'm tending to them, they look as though they haven't been cared for in a little while." No clue that the females mother used to be the owner of it she never thought there might be sentimental value to the location.

"Is this your garden?"

Perhaps that was why she was so territorial about it?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:26 am
AstoriaFallen

"It is not your job to tend them." Astrus found herself saying, glancing at the garden that was starting to be overgrown with weeds. It didn't look as bad as it could have. Perhaps the one her mother shared the flowerbed with was coming around occasionally to tend it?

Astrus knew she probably should have helped, however, the pain was still fresh, still raw. Coming up to her mother's special spot was just too painful sometimes.

"Not mine," Astrus found herself sighing, closing the gap between herself and the other female as she glanced at the beautiful flowers amongst the small overgrowth. The pink ones reminded her of her mother so much.

"This was my mothers." She said quietly, plucking a weed by one of the plants. "She loved it so much." Was, loved. All past tense. Bhumi should understand the underlying meaning.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:06 am
KasaiLoki

Ears flattened at the females words, there was something about the place she was missing and it soon came to light as the female continued to speak of the owner in past tense and she hung her head slightly in understanding. "I see."

Words soft as she looked her over and took a glance back towards the garden before them. "I'm sure she did." It would be a beautiful garden one day, of that much she was sure. At least as long as no one came through and dug it up, which she doubted was likely.

"I can stop coming here if you wish, since it was your mother's. I didn't mean any harm at all."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:07 am
AstoriaFallen

Astrus sighed, backing up slightly. She shook her head. She had overreacted. The lioness was only helping the garden, and not hurting it.

"No...That's okay, you can keep visiting. Just...don't pluck the flowers." Astrus said quietly, a paw reaching for one of the pink petal plants. She softly touched it. "She would be devastated if she knew anyone was pulling them." The garden still thrived after her death. She didn't want anyone destroying it.

"How did you find this place? My mother wanted it to be away from most of the pride." That would prevent children from romping around it too.

Maybe it was just meant to be that Bhumi found it?  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:15 am
KasaiLoki

To be honest, she was delighted when the other said she could keep tending to the garden, waving a paw when the female mentioned not to pluck any. "I hadn't meant to pluck any, I just mean for them to continue growing as they were meant to." They were lovely to admire and she wouldn't dream of destroying what someone had spent such a long time tending to previously.

"I found it by chance, I kept coming back to see if I could have ever met the owner but when I saw that it was starting to look neglected I stepped in.... I am sorry for your loss." It was true she wasn't like most of the other pride members and liked to spend much of her time alone since her children were grown and gone.

"I assure you I won't go bragging about this place to anyone." To keep it secret from the remainder of the pride.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:50 pm
AstoriaFallen

Astrus nodded, smiling just a bit at the other. The subject was hard for her. She missed her mother dearly. It was a shame she didn't share the same passion with the flowers that she had. Perhaps it was because she didn't want to risk meeting the male that had possibly ended her life?

Astrus wouldn't know. She didn't dwell on it. Every time she did left a sour taste in her mouth. One, only a certain deity, would be able to distract her with.

"I do appreciate that. You may see another here though. A male. Leave him be. He will only want to tend to the flowers too." Her mother wouldn't want any of that in the long run.

"I don't believe I have seen you here before? In the pride I mean."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:42 pm
KasaiLoki

So there was another who looked after this place then, that was good though it seemed to be there was some strain to that whole dynamic so she was going to let sleeping lions lie.

Nodding her head she could easily accommodate her request.

"I usually keep to myself mostly, I've been here for about two full seasons though, oddly enough I've only met a few of the members that reside here. I'm good at being a hermit." Smiling slightly at the comment about herself it was true, she had mastered the art of hermithood. "I actually have grown children wandering about here, I'm sure you're familiar with their father. Ragnvard is quite known from what I've been told." It was like she was hiding in his shadow.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:15 pm
AstoriaFallen

Astrus hummed as the other spoke.

"The name is familiar, but I am not accustomed to putting names to faces. I have probably seen him in passing, but I am unsure if I have actually had a conversation with the other or not." The pale lioness found herself shrugging.

"Well, you are welcomed to keep tending this as you please. I have been rather distracted as of late," not that she couldn't blame the god that had taken up most of her free time. "My mother would be happy to know someone is taking care of them." Her light eyes fell to the flower bed, recently de-weeded, and thriving. A soft sigh left her maw as she turned to leave.

"Maybe I will see you around," though, Astrus was unsure if she'd wander back to the flowers any time soon.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:42 am
The place was so big she didn't doubt the females answer and gave a nod of her head. Relief swept through her as Astrus allowed her to continue tending for the flowers, she would make sure that nothing happened to them while under her care.

"I understand that completely, I thank you for allowing me to continue tending them." Watching her turn to leave she gave a small wave of her paw.

"Yes, perhaps you shall." Smiling she watched as the other wandered away and she turned and looked back at her new found hobby. She just hoped no one came and ruined it.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games