Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Deserted...
[PRP] Reaping What is Sown (Chau x Katiti).

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:04 pm
Chausika sauntered across the fractured earth, disturbing dust that burned her lungs and irritated her eyes. The summer passed; but the autumn was hardly a reprieve from the ceaseless heat.

The last time she searched for Katiti she had found Mari instead. No doubt the apprentice already relayed the news of Chau’s imminent litter to her mistress; there was no reason to keep the pregnancy a secret. A fact that made Katiti’s absence all the more worrisome, the Seer never missed an opportunity to say ‘I told you so’.

Had the wedding vexed her so much? There was surely more to her scarceness.

Chau entered the den and looked around. “Katiti?” Her voice echoed off the red stone walls. Patiently, the lioness waited for a response.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:21 pm
"How good it is to hear your voice," Katiti'manina purred. Her words were a reflection upon Chausika's past; the time the lioness had spent as Tarnished underneath her ruling. The red lioness appeared from the depths of the den, her visage surprisingly bare. She was a creature that enjoyed the luxuries of life, and to see her cast them aside was unusual.

But, she had her reasons. She always did.

"I should apologize for missing the festivities. I have been preoccupied as of late." It was unlike Kat to miss an event for any reason, especially that of her favorite lioness' wedding. She wouldn't admit how fond she had grown of Chausika. The dark female had certainly grown to be an asset to the pride, and the life growing inside of her would only be a greater bounty. "Do not worry, dear. I have not missed a thing."

She smiled coyly, her paw sweeping low over the ground to snatch up a pelt that was bound tightly by twine. "A present, oh silent one, to celebrate your marriage and your pregnancy." She handed the gift over, and was close enough now to see that she was definitely different. But, if she had wanted to mention the changes to her own body, she would have. The red lioness had been secretive as of late.

Z o m b i k ii

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:50 pm
Krysin

Chau had never seen Katiti so nude, it seemed unnatural.

“I never doubted you.” To Chausika, the Soul was both omnipotent and infallible and not a creature in this land could convince her otherwise. She bowed her head out of respect before her attention was stolen by movement.

“A present?” Caught off guard, her tone suggested as such.

A beautiful pelt, made of monochromatic tones and striking spots. She ran a paw over the soft fur in admiration, gratitude painted across her delicate features. She thanked the Seer, then manoeuvred the cord to slip around her neck. A shield from the heat and the mark of an unexpected relationship.

”We plan to name one of the cubs after you.” Azzan had many strong females in his family with names rich in heritage; however, Katiti was the only family Chau had.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:08 pm
She watched Chau admire the pelt with no small amount of satisfaction. It brought her great pleasure to collect riches and treasures that most could only dream of holding. She rarely relinquished a prized possession from her horde, and when she did it was a well-thought maneuver. A chance to gain favor or to remind someone of her patronage. With Chau, she had given a gift because she had wanted to. Sometimes she was a creature of whimsy, and did as she pleased.

Kat supposed that was what led her into her current situation.

"You do?" It was Kat's turn to be surprised. While she was a high ranking member of the pride, most of her own family had dispersed with the wind. There was no one within her own lineage, she imagined, who would name a cub after her. With so many other respectable heads of the pride, she had not even considered that a lioness would desire to name a child after her.

It was heartwarming, and Kat had just been so sure lately that she was heartless. "Well, I do hope that I am a worthy namesake to your cub," she purred. Then, the red lioness rose onto her feet. "Come with me," she commanded, and then turned back into the depths of den.

Z o m b i k ii

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:29 pm
Krysin

Silver eyes were entranced by the gift as she wondered whom it previously belonged to? Was it shameful to display a kill that was not her own? - She doubted Katiti would have offered the pelt if there was any stigma attached. An heirloom, then.

A soft laugh bubbled in her throat laced with an adoration that was not lost. She never thought she would see the day her actions would surprise the Soul. The two women never spoke of their relationship openly, but in their silence, an unspoken friendship. There was no resentment in the Shield's heart; the older lioness had gifted her with knowledge and the scar she wore with pride.

Chausika followed after Katiti, her charcoal pelt melted into the darkness of the den. ”Finally revealing the cause of your secrecy?” The dark female jested nonchalantly, a smirk curled at the edges of her maw. She wanted to make it clear Katiti’s absence had not gone unnoticed; and she had worried.

”The suspense is murder.”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:55 pm
"At my age it's better to keep some things secret until you know with certainty the truth of them," Kat replied vaguely. She could mention her age, but if another member of the pride dared to they would earn her ire.

Tucked away at the back of her den, nestled on top of a pile of furs were four cubs. Their eyes had only begun to open, though they could crawl about vigorously if they wanted to in their search for their mother. They were small enough that the markings upon their pelt were difficult to discern... but it was clear they were adorned with gold naturally. Reds and golds, a present from their father, though that was not the only reason she had chosen him.

She hoped she could bestow all the gifts of her sight, all of her knowledge, and all of her love to these cubs. It was a selfish litter, brought by a desire to do better. Her first litter had been foretold by her sight, and so she had let her sight rule over them. It had not... gone well. This time she would raise her children to be better.

Kat had... doubted for a time that she could even carry her cubs until they were ready. To hear them squalling now was comforting to the Monarch's Soul. "The girls are Hera and Eris. The boys are Vulcan and Charon. Some named to create their own dynasties, and some named to carry the old ones on."

Her eyes, for a moment, were softer than likely anyone had witnessed before. "I have not shown them off to many yet, but it is my desire that our cubs grow together. Our Queen's children will be arriving soon as well."

Z o m b i k ii

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:32 pm
Krysin

Wise enough not to linger any unnecessary attention to Soul’s age, the Shield continued to follow the older woman. Not far behind Katiti in years, Azzan’s hips popped when he stretched and mornings were certainly not his favourite - Chausika would never call him (or anyone else) old. The lioness just hummed and followed her mistress to the back of the den in relative silence. She was well practised in that art.

The sight of the cubs stole the breath from her lungs. ”Babies?” A pointless statement but shock had stolen her wits, her jaw hung agape. Whatever she had expected from today - new life never crossed her mind. Eyes filled with accusation darted to look towards the Seer before softening, drifting to settle on the Pride’s newest addictions.

She took a cautious step closer and her shadow engulfed them.

Chausika lowered her head, taking in their scent and letting it print on her memory. ”Who is the father?” Too personal, perhaps? An enigma; the Shield found herself unaware the Soul she recently indulged in ‘company’.

“An honour to behold.” She mused. ”I am sure friendships will blossom, these land’s are truly blessed.” Gifts of gold and fire.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:05 pm
"Tabani," the Monarch's Soul answered, though she doubted the name would carry recognition with it. The father of her cubs were as much an enigma to her now as the day she had first met him. Beautiful, powerful, and with a wisdom that Kat had found herself admiring. There was no more suitable father for her children than Tabani. Of course, she had dalliances in the past. Her oldest flame had only been chosen because her visions had deemed him to be the father to her first litter.

She had acted impulsively on that vision to make it become a reality, and her terrible relationship with her first children was her reward. "In time perhaps you will meet him, and perhaps you can explain him better than I." Truthfully, she did not know Tabani's intentions. He had been attracted by the darkness looming over the Pridelands, and perhaps in the future some greater darkness would draw him elsewhere.

Kat supposed that it mattered little. For now, she had him, and forever she had these cubs. "They will become the new foundation for the pride, the next generation. They will all be better than us, and that brings me comfort for the future that I cannot see." The noise had disturbed the cubs, the young lives beginning to mewl for food and warmth. Kat smirked, pleased by their strength and pleased with herself for the life she had created.

"Now, then. Are you prepared for the arrival of your children? I'm pleased Azzan has finally fulfilled his duty to his bloodline. To think at one point in time I did not believe he ever would," she chuckled, amused.

Z o m b i k ii

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:24 pm
Krysin

“You know what he is like.” Of course he was prepared - nothing caught the Claw off guard. To be honest, his level-headedness was near infuriating at times, especially when she felt like she was about to break down at any given moment. “I on the other paw.” She rolled her eyes, shaking her head in such a way it made her long strands of crimson hair dance across her face.

“I am afraid and I do not think the feeling is going to budge until they are here.” Though she knew after their arrival, fear would only grow stronger. If she survived the birth, if they all came into this world strong and healthy - she could still fail them. What kind of mother would she be; the once tarnished, born rogue, who had never even been around cubs until now. She was scared she was destined to fail them; fail him.

Her mate was as stable as a mountain; steady and resolute in the face of the unknown. At least she had his unwavering belief to lean against; keep her steady when her legs were weak due to the anxiety of it all. She did not deserve him - any of this, really.

The cubs were crying for their mother and Chau took the hint; she stepped away from them and turned to face the Seer once more. The lioness did not want to overstay her welcome, especially now the little ones were awake. ”I will send him your congratulations then, surprising you is a great achievement.” It was her turn to chuckle then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:58 pm
"You have nothing to fear," Katiti assured Chausika with a certainty in her voice that made her words undeniable. If something grievous were to happen to Chau or her cubs, the Monarch's Soul would have seen it by now. Of course, her visions did not always lead her down the path she desired, and things could slip through the cracks. This was something she doubted she would miss. She had grown rather fond of the previously Tarnished lioness. The dark lioness was a valuable player in the game, and was already proving her worth.

Her cubs would bolster their ranks, and make them a force to be reckoned with in the years to come. "They look to be nearly on their way, you have done well to carry them so far." Chausika was young, and strong. Kat could never confess just how uncertain she was over the fate of her own young. She was no longer caught in the throes of youth. Bearing her four young had taken a toll on her body that she did not care to mention to anyone.

She smirked, "I do not hope it goes to his head. He will not surprise me again." Laughter could be heard upon the tip of her tongue. The Soul welcomed any challenger who dared to try and catch her off guard.

While she could indulge herself in Chausika's presence for longer, she had other matters to attend to. Her cubs were crying for their mother, and instinct kicked in for her to tend to them. It was a fragile time in their lives, and they would need all the help from their mother as they could receive. "I will see you again, Chausika. Do take care to rest," she advised the lioness. Then, the Monarch's Soul turned back into the depths of her den to care for her brood.

Z o m b i k ii
fin!

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out