Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:46 pm
Z o m b i k ii

User Image

actually a scar

Rusted copper as far as the eye could see engulfed this pride making the dark pelted lioness pretty easy to spot with out trying too hard. Her pelt was a dark freckle on the canvas of shades of rusts and red but Nuw was no mistake as she had every intention of being where she was having followed after Jasiri. The light lion had told the lioness of his pride and their sense of honor but love for battle as well which intrigued Nuw. Now the lioness was here among the termite mounds and battle ready lions ready to learn from their rich culture which wasn't too unlike her own kin.

If Nuw was going to be honest about her ambitions with in this pride; she'd have to admit that maybe she had been slacking. It had taken her a few months to ascend to the rank of Scar mainly because Nuw's attention was else where. Jasiri was too much fun to poke at and he may have been a little obsessed with the lioness making the teasing all that much more fun. Yes, a boy had Nuw's attentions a little more than her duties as a scar. The dark lioness would never admit this among her ranks to those that took their status quite seriously. She'd earned her scars so there was no need for a fuss as far as Nuw was concerned.

Still, there was a minor disconnect that Nuw felt among the pride members which had the lioness feel like a tourist among them. There was a hanging enigma as to why go through the motions of certain traditions but Nuw kept this to her self. However, there was no need for her to poke and question why a pride had traditions that were strange to her self as her pride had just as many.

A hare with the misfortune to have crossed paths with Nuw hung limp in her maw as she padded along in search of a nice secluded spot where she could pig out with out interruption or judgement from Jasiri. This time the lioness was hiding from him and with good reason as she was hangry. Selfishly, she took a good chunk of meat from the shoulder of the dainty little thing and savored the juicy meat chewing slowly before swallowing. Again she ripped a piece of meat from the hares corpse chewing her food as to let it last a little longer.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:23 am
Alpaca Chobi

User ImageChausika was all too aware with the challenges that came with being a night-stalker in a realm of sun and sand. She had been a part of the Ukuhlwa'Izwe for some time now - and despite her rocky start; had settled into their way of life. The termite mounds were now familiar and comforting, monuments to the first real home she had ever known. A Shield, her own career had been put on hold due to her swollen belly and looming motherhood.

In the same breath; a static lifestyle did not suit the charcoal pelted lioness. Azzan would have preferred her to remain relatively close to the den they shared - but what he did not know could not hurt him.The pads on her paws were mourning the absence of cracked earth and her nausea demanded she stand. Instinctively she walked the route she usually patrolled when on duty - so accustomed to the trail that she followed it without thinking.

When the smell of iron hit her nostrils - stomach it near turned. Pregnancy went in hand with a sensitive nose and a all too sensitive stomach. The thick aroma of blood had betrayed the females feasting spot - and faint silver eyes spotted the figure that a dark pelt would usually hide. Though one could not expect to know every face in the pride - Chausika was having a very hard time placing this particular female.

“Good morning.” The shadowy painted lioness churred. “I see it's been a prosperous one, at least.” There was hint of amusement carried in her voice, open and welcoming.

Hunting in the Outlands was not the easiest task - the Pride had already lost the herds once.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:11 pm
Z o m b i k ii

((Those edits are so nice dude : ) ))

There was a twitch of Nuws ear when she heard some one approaching but she did not lift her head fully in greeting as she was taking another nibble at the prey she had between her large paws. It wasn't until a feminine voice sweetly greeted her that Nuw turned her head to find another dark coated female. Her maw was a little slack mid chew as she'd not expected to be holding conversation. At the very least Nuw was quick to realize this and swallowed her mouth full before giving the other a small grin.

That was when she noticed the others swollen belly and couldn't help but feel a little guilt. Over sized paws opened to reveal there was still some meaty chunks left on the hare.

"You are right it was prosperous but I think I've had my fill." Nuw lied, "Why don't you take this." Nuw nuzzled the thing from between her paws towards the other dark female. While Nuw had never been pregnant her self she had enough maternal instinct to know that those expecting needed every bit of help they could get to ensure healthy cubs. Cubs were the blood line of a pride and what determined the future so Nuw figured it was a no brainer to want to help.

The female licked the blood off of her chops.

"It's a fat juicy one," She grinned.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:52 am
Alpaca Chobi
Thank you, I am in love with her ; A ;

Chausika was taken back by the stranger's generosity. “That is very kind of you.” The dark lioness bowed her head in an open display of gratitude and respect. After all this time - the sense of comradery that came with pride life still warmed her once-lonely heart. She made no attempt to take the kill from the huntress as she once again stood straight and proud, her gaze softening as she stole a better look at the lioness she had found. They could have easily been mistaken for sisters; night walkers in a land of sand and sun.

“But I am well cared for and our guards need to be strong - especially now, given recent events.” Chausika did not want for anything; the cubs in her belly were to be born into one of the largest and oldest lines in the Outlands; she was spoiled by both her mate and his immediate family. Alas, her words were delivered with an underlying sadness, an anxiety had haunted her since the attack on the Queen - now more than ever their military had to be resilient and well-fed. Though she dare not speak the words out loud, she feared blood would soon stain their borders.

Her brow furrowed curiously - her thoughts should not linger on politics given her condition, but she could not help it. Mjrn and her often gossiped about the state of affairs within the lands and if there was to be battle, she would have to consider the safety of her young. ”“My name is Chau.” She introduced herself, realising that her manners had been lacking. The black female did not expect many within these lands to know her name, she was more private than most and scarcer still nowadays.

She certainly did not recognise the female before her.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:47 pm
Z o m b i k ii

The bow was unexpected and Nuw found herself awkwardly mirroring the dark lionesses action. The formalities of this pride were still quite new but Nuw was doing her best to be respectful.

"Oh! Of course," You could say the tone that Nuw took had an edge of a smile to it which was unintended but the meal would not go to waste. The lioness wrapped her powerful jaws around the carcass and dragged the dead thing back placing it safely between her paws. There the carcass would stay in wait until the formalities and pleasantries between two lionesses were over. Nuw had enough sense to know not to start ripping in to her food when talking.

It may have taken a little longer for Nuw to register the end cap of the others statement 'given recent events' but Nuw took note. Her hunger had unintentionally been forefront in her mind.

"The attack you mean?" Details of this attack were a little murky as word had traveled around the pride like wild fire about an attack from outsiders but the exact details were not something Nuw knew. The military was much more active after this news and of course Nuw was ready to defend tooth and claw the honor of her new found home when ever they may call upon her but she'd neglected to take part in much of the talk of what exactly was happening. Nuw gave a slight tilt of her head before the other offered up her name.

"Chau," She repeated, "Nuwayrah but Nuw is just fine." Nuw wasn't about to get in to her full name as just the first part was long enough.

"Sorry to pivot back but... You do mean the attack?" Purple eyes looked hopeful that maybe Chau may know more. Gossip wasn't the end goal as much as to have a little light shed on an otherwise dim subject.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:13 pm
Alpaca Chobi

“Yes. I mean the attack on the Queen.”

The dark female furrowed her brow - the very thought making her uneasy. Chau hoped that it was a rogue incident - an isolated event that would not spiral into something more sinister. However, she knew it was a foolish hope - she would be naive to think an attack on the Queen would go unpunished. There was already talk of revenge and consequences; whisperings of war and accusations of guilt.

Ashiki had been absent since that day - and Chau found herself concerned with their monarchs condition. Though being so close to the royal family by blood and friendship - she would have hoped she would have been made aware if her health was a cause for concern. Silver eyes closed and the Shield took in a deep breath to steady herself - reminding her nerves that Ashiki was strong.

She shrugged her shoulders, the necklaces she wore danced as she moved, shimmering in the bright light of the sun and singing their metallic song. Gifts from her former mistress - a reminder of what she once was. The trinkets were humbling, despite their extravagance. ”There is a shadow looming - trying times ahead of us, but we will make it though. If I have learned anything from my time here - it’s that Outlanders endure, no matter what life throws at them.” She had never known a pride quite like this one/

”It is a pleasure to meet you Nuw.” She bowed her head slightly, a softer look spreading across her face now she had chased away the dark thoughts that threatened to ruin her mood. There was nothing any one of them could do - besides await orders.

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:34 pm
Z o m b i k ii

This conversation was escalated from a passing by stranger to something much darker and deeper. The realization that this pride was not immune to its own disaster was dawning on the horizon and it made Nuw feel a sense of unease stemming up from her spine. She had come from a pride that had been at war with it self for generations and many had died. She still did not think some of the blood shed was uncalled for but that was drama for another time.

Here, now, she sat at the brink of something bad. The queen had been attacked and here two former strangers chatted about little nothings but even so the darkness crept in to their conversation. There was no escaping what may come and while Nuw was some what removed from the inner workings, she knew enough to know to be uneasy.

"I ... want to believe that," Nuw lowered her head some and looked away for a moment. "I'm sure you're right and I want you to be right. " There was a deep chill in the air that had nothing to do with the temperature. That uncomfortable cold sat heavy in the air with Nuws silence as she was unable to find the words weighing on her heart.

Her mind circled back to Jasiri and she couldn't help but wonder what he thought of these events.  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games