[PRP] Two steps forward (Tiah x Sia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:34 pm
Tiah was a hot mess and fat with cubs, cubs she was now feeling worried for and less excited about. Dia had been away for longer than usual and something felt off about it, what if he never returned? What if her would-be mate was getting cold feet and wanted to escape this family the two created together? She felt sick even thinking like about things like this.

Would she be left to raise these babies alone? The rusty colored lioness couldn't handle the thought, not right now... not while her hormones raged against her so violently. Today was like most days lately, long and dull, feeling empty and without purpose. She needed a distraction, an escape from her darkest thoughts and despair.

So, Tiah went looking for Sia, a female she now considered to be her family. Her father had taken Sia in and loved her unconditionally, why fight a thing like that? Her own personal feelings about the relationship they shared meant very little now. Tiah was growing up and seeing the world from what it was.

"Sia?" The lioness called out with a broken voice. She was unaware of any separation between her father and the brown female, so when she came knocking Tiah was completely in the dark.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:59 pm
Sia's den was a mess.

The floor was littered with various hair pins, dead flowers, dirty jewelry, and the odd battered skeleton of a mouse (or...some other kind of small mammal--it was hard to tell anymore). It was a reflection of the present state of mind of the lioness who dwelled there.

Sia lay in the midst of the atypical chaos, eyes sunken in from insomnia-plagued nights and anxious overthinking, coat dusty and hair frizzy from lack of her usual meticulous grooming. She was dozing heavily, but not sleeping. It seemed too much effort to leave her den at the moment, and sometimes even too much effort to sleep. Clearing one's mind was such a chore, especially when there was so much to clear. She wouldn't even know where to begin. The concept itself was overwhelming enough. So she'd lie there. Just a little longer. She'd take a bath eventually. The river wasn't too far. She'd get to it. Eventually. And when she did, she'd make herself over so nicely that her sheer blinding beauty would be revenge against the certain-someone-who-she-refused-to-name. Yes...eventually...

Zzz...

"Sia?"

Sia snirked upright, eyes wide and claws splayed. After a moment or two of processing that the owner of the voice was Tiah, the lioness scrambled to her feet, frantically combed the mess of her mane, shook her coat, gave a panicked look about the den, then rushed at full speed to its entrance to prevent the would-be guest from entering. When she appeared outside, she was poised as usual and regarded the other lioness with casual recognition. While she hadn't always gotten along with the other lioness in the past, her present charade gave her ample excuse to play nice.

"Ah, Tiah," she said. "I was just on my way for a bath. Would you join me?" Her breathing betrayed none of the panic from mere seconds prior, but her lungs screamed to gasp. She cleared her throat to hide her strangled inhale as she guided her ex's daughter in the direction of the river.  

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 pm
If the rusty colored female had been more aware she would have been able to notice Sia's odd behavior, sadly though, Tiah was swept up in her own problems and was uncharacteristically shuffled and out of touch.

"Oh, yes, that would be nice. I'm exhausted." Green eyes would settle on Sia as she nodded slowly, her own worries clouding her inner thoughts. Tiah would try to remove herself from her turmoils, not wanting to be rude to her would be mother-in-law. It was just hard. How would she ever be able to talk about all of this?

"A soak sounds amazing." Tiah tried to remove herself from her feelings long enough to give Sia her undivided attention.

"Where is my father? Is he not here?" It was a little odd seeing Sia alone during this time of day. Maybe he had gone off to patrol? Her tired paws shifted her weight around as she stood close to brown female.

"He better not have said something stupid."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:30 pm
The longer the two walked, the more Sia caught her breath, and soon enough she was all confidence again--on the outside, at least. She was thankful that Tiah was so quick to agree to the bathing idea. It was the perfect excuse and distraction. Who didn't like a nice dip now and then? It was relaxing, it cleansed the body and mind. Sia bathed all the time. It had just, uhh...been a little while since her last bath was all...

A fact she desperately hoped wasn't too evident...

The mention of Kadaj was enough to tear Sia's mind away from her embarrassment. Her stomach did a flip-flop and she gave a casual shrug. "I'm not sure where he is," she admitted openly, "And when has he ever said anything that wasn't stupid?" Sia laughed raucously at her own joking dig, but it ended abruptly. "But let's focus on you. How are you doing?" It was an attempt at changing the topic, but she genuinely did want to know about Tiah's well being.

Sia didn't have personal experience to speak from, but she knew how difficult pregnancy could be. It was clear Tiah was expecting a large litter, and with that came innumerable physical and emotional hardships. It was one of the things that had helped Sia to let go of her lingering resentment towards the other lioness. Well, that and the fact that Tiah had been genuine in trying to kindle a possible friendship. She wasn't used to that kind of thing. She didn't hate it. Still, she wouldn't call the other lioness her best friend. Sia kept everyone at arm's length to begin with. If she let herself get closer, it would just hurt more when--if it blew up in her face...

Pandorus Sphinx

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:50 am
The red eyed female's eyes watered at the question, Sia honestly seemed to be trying today, that was strange considering the relationship the two had shared in the past, still though, the effort would not go unnoticed. "I'm tired, honestly, tired and pissed off." As Tiah spoke she kicked up dirt with her right paw. "Dia had gone missing and this is all his fault." A snarl escaped her as the Outlander walked along side her would-be step mother. "Never have cubs. I swear, I regret ever letting that outsider into my life. He told me loved me, you know? I felt that, the spark, the heat, the intensity, I felt all of it in the moment." As Tiah continued to speak her ears slid back against her skull.

Her chest hurt thinking about him.

"But look at me now. I'm swollen all over and if the sun wasn't so damn bright I would sleep forever." The red lioness eyed Sia for a moment, before speaking again. "But I am sure my father would never treat you this way. I mean, if you ever decided to have cubs together." This was the first time Tiah had ever talked to Sia about anything other than her father's thick-head and poor choice of words.

"Do you think you'll end up wanting that with him?, My father, that is." It had to be the hormones talking, normally she would never be so forward with Sia, she knew how much the other female liked her space, still, Sia couldn't be too upset, Tiah was fat with cubs and an emotional mess. Right?  
[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games