Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:06 am
User ImageAfter a long stint away from home, Runa was back. Upon the arrival of Famine and the word that once your paws stepped over the Stormborn border the hunger ended, she left. There was nothing to keep her tied there, no reason to remain starving, and so she set off a-Viking by herself. Her travels had taken her far and wide and she had come across a quaint little pride of Hobbits that she had stayed with for a time, enjoying their culture and Brew, before deciding to head home and see if things had changed. She was pleased to find that the hunger had left the lands and although those she came across seemed a bit thinner, not much else had happened.

Aside from, you know. The sky going nuts and whispers on the wind sounding more real than just rushing air.

Glad to be back among familiar, if stormy lands, Runa stretched as she exited her den. The sky seemed to be fairly calm today, just a few flickering lights that were hard to tell in the bright sky. It was time for breakfast and she was hungry, although she wondered if there'd even be anything to eat. Surely those that had remained had been far hungrier for far longer and they'd probably pick any kill to the bone and then some for the foreseeable future. Still, she headed off to the feeding grounds where Thralls would drag anything they caught for others to eat.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:57 pm
SilverLutz

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kristanf had taken a note from his sister's book, and stayed outside the lands until he was sure the famine is over. He would occasional 'visit' his new nieces and nephews, but that was purely to see if the family was still out of the pride.

Once he learned they had migrated from their den dwelling near the borders, he too had decided to make it back to the land. Sure, Kristanf could have enjoyed a nice viking and gathering of more thralls, but the famine had caused turmoil amongst his family, and thus his motivation to go out waned considerably.

He would go soon though. He was growing bored with his small collection of thralls, and found it time to add another one to his midst.

Kristanf had re-emerged into the Stormborn lands, decidely heading towards the area where the herds were once dwindling. With the famine gone, they were no longer as skinny or bony. Hopefully they would begin breeding again, and the herds would begin to fill once more. For the time being, a sickly or elderly preybeast would be a good option.

He frowned as he headed in the direction. He should get one of the thralls to bring him his meal.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:46 pm
It was by pure chance that Runa happened to glance to her left as she walked along. In doing so her eyes rested upon a fellow Reaver, one with a dorsal stripe like hers but without the speckling and with the addition of swirled markings. She grinned and changed her direction slightly so their paths would cross, the female eager to hear how her fellow Reaver was doing.

"Kristanf," she called out as she got within earshot, her naturally crooked grin made all the more ghoulish by the markings along either side of her mouth. It wasn't possible to know everyone within the pride but she did try to remember other Reavers and the Captains that led them out. Kristanf was easy enough to remember as his markings were quite unique.

"It's a good day to die," she greeted more formally once she fell into step beside him. "I haven't seen you in ages. How have your Vikings been?"

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:23 pm
SilverLutz

Kristanf paused in his steps as he heard his name. An ear flicked and his eyes narrowed. The voice didn't sound too familiar to his hearing. He followed his gaze, spotting the source. His eyes remained narrowed although his ears perked in curiousity.

"Runa." The reaver greeting, giving a nod to the female as she greeted him with the traditional Stormborn saying. He did not return the comment, always finding it awkward to say the same thing back.

"Ah. They have been interesting to say the least. More so lately than not. Tell me. Have you ever seen a bird just up and disappear?" The lion asked, referring to a past viking when the falcon had literally disappeared just as he went in for the kill. The act still confused the young reaver to this day.

"But other than that, rather uneventful. My collection of thralls grows, although, I feel I need a new one soon." The male thought.

"And yours, Runa? You've been out for a while."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:54 am
Disappearing birds? Now that was something she had yet to see. She was sure it would make an interesting tale...perhaps the bird had powers! To capture it would surely make for an adventure.

"I still need to get one," Runa said with a little sigh. Thralls had never been high on her to-do list but now that she was away from home for so long she began to realize having one might have its advantages. Her den was a musty mess when she returned and having a Thrall to keep things tidy would certainly be of use.

"I have," she added with a little grin made wider by her markings. "Exploring other prides and staying clear of here while that famine struck the lands. I think I stayed out long enough to miss most of it. I'll probably stay here for a spell, tell my family of my adventures, re-coup a bit and ensure the strange things going on aren't going to get worse."

Flicking her tail, she motioned for Kristanf to follow her as she began to walk once more.

"I was just going to grab some food. Care to join me?"

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:15 am
SilverLutz

Kristanf smirked. "You do. They make life so much easier." He emphasized the last few words. He didn't care his own mother was a thrall. Kristanf enjoyed have his own personal collections of them, and it was ever growing.

"The famine was rough." Kristanf only managed to get one viking out before it finally ended. But, he had more pressing matters at home. The death of his mother in childbirth being one of them. He cursed those children that were born. Whatever fate happened to them was not his problem. It would be the War Lord's Zjarri'fol.

The male smirked however when she said she would stay here for a bit. "Well, perhaps in that time we can reacquaint a bit more with each other, no?" The pale male had certainly become more confident in his actions as he aged and ranked up through the pride. Maybe it was time to pursue something other than thralls.

He nodded. "It is as if you read my mind. I'm starving." Famine aside, he enjoyed the feeling food now felt in his belly.

"Perhaps you can tell me more of this last trip."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:47 am
Hearing a fellow Reaver agree with her made Runa sigh wistfully. Some day she'd find a suitable one, one that wouldn't fight back and do her bidding. Perhaps it would be better to find a Thrall that was born into the pride rather than bringing one back from a Viking. At least here they knew their place and most accepted it without a fuss. She'd have to keep an eye out and see if any of the Thralls were having cubs that the fathers either weren't claiming or were sired by a Thrall as well.

The tone in Kristanf's voice made Runa's already grinning mouth pull into a wider smile. She had lost touch with those in the pride having been gone for so long and she was eager to catch up on things that had happened while away and if she was going do that with a handsome Reaver, well. She wasn't complaining!

"Let's head that way, then," she said with a nod, resuming her walking towards the feeding grounds. If she walked a bit closer to Kristanf than was needed, she didn't mention it.

"Certainly. It was quite the adventure," she said with a laugh. "I saw lots of new places, new lions, there's even a pride that makes a drink that makes your mind fuzzy and everything quite hilarious. I stayed there for a while to enjoy their hospitality and their Brew."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:40 am
SilverLutz

Kristanf's ears perked as the other spoke. A brew? His father had kept some kind of concoction in the den he was most found of. This other place...perhaps he could acquire whatever recipe...or maybe even take one of the females that would brew it as a thrall, so he could always have some on hand.

Always an option in his mind. Kristanf would need more information.

"Where was this pride?" He inquired, the ideas toying in his mind with a devious smirk. He'd have to be careful. If he did end up trying to gain a thrall from whatever place Runa had been, he would have to do so quietly, so not to disrupt any formalities that could have been between the prides.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:11 pm
"Oh, a ways from here," Runa said with a wave of her paw. "There's strict rules about no one entering the pride unless they promise peace, too, so it's a bit dull. Certainly not a place to seek out if you want anything as a trophy." The lions there were incredibly small and their only worthy items were the Brew - which didn't travel well according to the Brew Masters - and iboga, a strange plant that when chewed induced hallucinations that Runa hadn't cared for.

"But for a vacation from the storms and the egos here...a welcome place," she added with a little chuckle. "It's called Suzat should you find yourself wandering and hear of it one day. Nice for a visit and to sample their Brew, but other than that, nothing of note."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:00 pm
SilverLutz

Kristanf hummed as Runa spoke. A place that had to promise peace? Quite drab indeed. Still, he listened to Runa speak, only nodding occasionally as she mentioned a vacation from the storms and egos. "Surely the egos here aren't so bad now, are they?" He smirked.

The Suzat? If only to try the brew, he would have to keep an ear out for that. For now, he just took the female's words for what they were. "Maybe one day," he found himself stretching. "I enjoy the storms and egos though here. Plus, my father did know how to whip up a nice concoction to make your forget your pasts and troubles. Perhaps you would care to join me in an evening to enjoy it?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:48 pm
"They have their moments," Runa said with a little snort. She knew she could hang with the best of them when it came to attitudes and egos, but there were times when she couldn't stand the constant one-upping and 'holier than thou' dispositions of her peers. The vacation had been nice but she had certainly missed her home.

The offer made her perk up and she grinned, nodding eagerly. "Maybe together we can use that recipe and try to make whatever it was they had back in the Suzat." She had sampled various drinks and things to chew before to induce hallucinations or simply to relax, but the Brew back in that pride had been something unique and if they could even come close to replicating it, she'd be pleased.

"But for now, a snack," she said with a suggestive grin, nudging Kristanf's shoulder with her own as she gently guided them away from the direction of the feeding area and towards her own den. They could indulge in food after she had her fill of the Reaver.

KasaiLoki
Fin!

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces