Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:56 pm
User Image

The harshest lesson one might learn in life is that nothing ever lasts and Thwayya had learned this lesson all too well. She had been born in the golden sands of a desert with in the ruins of a temple to a mostly happy family. Both of her fathers had been loving to her helping her blossom in to a cheery beautiful lioness. Later in her life she had found love with a prince of the pride and the couple had two boy cubs. Life was stable and life had been everything that Thwayya had ever hoped.

But life isn't so simple and as her boys grew the pride fell apart and while Thwayya tried her best to provide and keep the boys with her they ultimately went on else where with their lives. Thwayya found her self alone in the desert with out her boys or her prince so it was time to adapt.

For years Thwayya journeyed the vastness of no lions lands learning harsh lessons as she went. The sweet lioness began to grow jaded and developed a more pessimistic outlook of just what life was.

Travel was tiring though and so she eventually found a place where she could rest which was with in the N'ezi lands. Her happening upon these lands had not been planned but it had been welcomed. A family had accepted her and she found she was just right with in these safe lands.

At least she hoped.

For now she was going to take advantage of not having to scrounge up a meal and take a rest in the sunlight. This afternoon was quiet and that was what she preferred.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Life had changed for the pale lion, a life he was still trying to find his place in. Cillian was still adjusting to life in a pride again. Tough he had been born to a large pride and family, he had spent more time on his own, wandering lands, looking for stories and mysteries to follow. He had become more introverted as he'd grown, less outgoing than he may have been as a child, allowing himself to become content to simply keep to himself. It was not that he disliked others, perhaps he had forgotten how to interact.

In the days since he had come to these lands, Cillian had taken to wadering on his own, exploring the land he now called home, watching and silently staring at the rocky walls, wondering to himself what stories the rocks held. At that moment he was examining one particularly interesting looking formation (or at least he thought it was interesting), one paw tracing the striated lines that ran through the stone, searching for any unnatural markings.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Amon Larethian

Thwayya lifted her head and watched a pale lion as he explored the winding rocky walls that made up the pride. It was a little strange how much like a ghost the male looked almost haunting. If she were to go up to him and touch him would her paw go through and him being a specter would be revealed for all to see and know or would he get mildly annoyed with her. In her youth she might try such a childish antic but she was a seasoned lioness now.

Thwayya stretched her haunches out and merely padded over towards the male her eyes intent for some light conversation with him. He didn't look like the native population and if she was to guess she'd guess he was an outsider like her self.

"Hey ... you haunt here or .." Okay so maybe she still had a playful streak.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:49 pm
The lion's head had lowered, his attention focused on the rock formation, searching for any unusual or unnatural markings, some story that may have been left behind. Huh?

Startled from his thoughts by the lioness' voice, the ghostly lion took an uncertain step back, his ears falling back. Oh, he had not seen her there, had she been watching him? Had she been there this whole time? Maybe he should have been paying more attention to what (and who) was around him.

Cillian blinked, staring at the lioness for perhaps longer than he should have. How does one socialize again? He had forgotten.

"...Hi, I was just...exploring."

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:05 pm
Amon Larethian

"No need to stop on my account," Thwayya leaned her self on the side of the rock formation and eyed the ghostly lion. His markings sure were beautiful but not of this pride which gave her some form of comfort. Maybe it was because she wasn't alone in this situation or maybe it was nice to see other travelers.

"I still need explore my self so if you wouldn't mind company ... I'd like to see for my self. Us rogue bloods need to stick together huh?" She was only partly joking and maybe a little bit overly assuming. The male had not confirmed that he was indeed of rogue decent as she was.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:17 pm
The lion's tail flicked, blue eyes shifting between the lioness and the rock. Well, he supposed he had seen all he was going to on that particular rock, maybe he'd find something on a different rock, or down a different path. There were still caves he had yet to explore.

"Okay, I guess."

Cillian nodded after a moment, turning away from the rock and toward the path that would lead down the rocky caverns. He paused, looking back, seeing if she would follow him. What was he supposed to say to her? So much awkward.

"I guess we could go this way."

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:56 pm
Amon Larethian

The males acceptance to her own self invite was great news for Thwayya. She'd not explored much since she'd come to the pride and it would be a lot easier to do some exploring with another just as clueless as she. She was quick to follow but kept a little bit of distance between the two. Partly because she was taking in the sights of the rock layers that the male had been examining. She was quiet for some time as they padded along.

The male seemed a little unsure of him self with his language. The 'I guess' didn't give Thwayya too much faith in him as a leader but at the same time she had just invited her self in to his exploring so she kept her maw shut. Instead of a verbal reply she only gave him a nod letting him know that way was fine. She'd follow him and take in the sights of the caves the two decided to go in.

But then a sharp rock happened.

"OW!" Thwayya lifted her paw and saw little beads of red starting to pool fron her pad. There were no tears in her eyes thought only surprise.

"Sharp rocks.. ********... " She let her maw lift the rock from her pad and winced. It was always the smallest wounds that hurt the most.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:49 pm
Cillian knew well enough where he was going, or at the very least on how to find his way back. The pale lion was at least sure of his sense of direction, and if were to get lost, he knew enough to get himself unlost. At least, that was how he felt when he was on his own.

He was most certainly an introvert (though he could not recall if he had been so as a cub), shy and uncertain around others. How does one interact anyway? A quiet sigh, Cillian had no idea what he should say, already walking ahead of the lioness, his attention focusing on the rocks around him, drawing him in to whatever stories they might tell.

"What do you--huh?"

It was the lioness' exclamation that had drawn Cillian out of his thoughts and his attention back to her. He blinked, a look of concern in his gaze/

"Are you okay?"

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:14 pm
Amon Larethian

Blood continued to bead from the wound in dark crimson spheres which Thwayya could not watch for long. It was one thing when it was something elses blood but it was another when it was coming from her own paw. She turned her head to look over her shoulder while still holding her paw out so that the male could see.

"I ... " She took a deep breath, "I believe I'll be fine but I'm bleeding. I don't really want to watch my paw bleed.... so could you tell me when it stops?" Her voice had a bit of pleading stitched in to the inflections of her voice. Her plan now was to just not look and that was about as far as she had thought about her situation.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:06 pm
"Umm..."

The pale lion blinked, his tail flicking. He took a step forward, gaze turned toward her paw, a look of utter confusion on his maw. It had just been a rock right? It didn't look like it was that bad to him, it was just bleeding, paws bleed when you cut them.

"Do you need to sit down?"

He was not sure what she expected or thought he could do about it. It would stop bleeding on its own.

"It doesn't look that bad. If you put pressure on it, it will stop bleeding."

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:00 pm
Amon Larethian

Thwayya shook her head all the while looking away from the paw.

"Nah I don't need to sit... Yeah pressure seems like a good idea..." She moved her paw to the wall and pressed it hard. It didn't feel any better or worse but she knew that this male was right about adding pressure to a wound. The female lifted her paw once more and turned to take a look and found that the advice had worked.

However, now there was a semi print of her paw to the wall in her blood. There hadn't been so much blood that she could get a full print but there had been enough that there were bits of the paw. For some reason Thwayya smiled at this.

"Unintentional art I guess," She was amused but also she was trying not to be amused. Hopefully no one asked questions about the small semi paw print on one of the walls.

"Shall we continue now that the bloods stopped?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:49 pm
Cillian watched the lioness, uncertain of why she was making such a big deal over something so small. He had cut his paws many times on his travels, he had never thought it was anything serious. Well, at least she seemed to be feeling better now?

"Generations from now, someone will see that mark and wonder what you were trying to tell them."

The ghostly lion grinned, as if an idea had suddenly struck him. Padding to a different section of rock wall, Cillian pawed at the ground, digging until he found a damp dark earth. He placed his paw in the muddy clay, then lifting his paw pressed it firmly against the stone wall, leaving his own mark behind. Cillian was here.

"Okay, let's go."

A sheepish grin at his exploring companion, Cillian turned down the corridor, continuing his path of exploration. Hopefully in the future they would avoid stepping on sharp stones.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:25 pm
Amon Larethian
CILLIAN IS SO CUTE I AM DYING!

The pale lion had made a great point and before Thwayya was able to comment he'd placed his paw and left his own mark for generations to look at and admire. The female felt a smile grow on her maw. She liked this pale male after an action like that and figured the two would get along and she would be careful around sharp rocks.

((Fin))  
[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff