Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Unhappening Future Drabbles Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:25 pm
Krazy Michelle Ranak

It had been a month since their mother had gotten them back to their own timeline. Topher had well, not fully recovered regardless of his outward appearance though it was apparent anyway. He knew it. He was more aggressive towards everyone, no one at work now wanted him as a partner so he got s**t duty. He eventually got in a fight about which landed him back on the beat over knocking his partner unconscious while on duty, yeah not good, he was lucky they didn’t flat out boot his a** out the door though his reputation and connections kind of protected him which pissed everyone else off. ”Figured you’d be here.” Tonya from Internal Affairs said well shouted with a smile. ”What can I do for you?” He would’ve took his ear protection but it was against the rules and he was already in the shitter anyway. Pulling his target back with the switch he watched as Tonya looked at it. There was little error to his grouping, mostly one giant hole, you couldn’t even tell if there was more than one shot or not besides the hole being larger than a bullet. Topher smirked as she kept staring at it. He pointed at the one hanging on the wall which was also his for longest range shot with a handgun, he’d go for a rifle, but he didn’t want to piss off swat or the sharp shooter squads, with Frederick though he was sure he could set a pace with any of them.

He handed the ear protection to the desk clerk before leaving the shooting ranged and didn’t bother to check to see if she was following, of course she was. As they exited he noticed a few people watching him with her. ”Let me guess, you’re here to babysit me.” Tonya scoffed a bit at his blunt attitude probably would’ve smacked him but she was at work so had to be proper. ”Come with me.” She walked passed him and bumped him roughly as she did heading towards her office. While she wasn’t permanently here she was here enough that she had a small but spacious enough one. Topher stopped as she bumped him and glared taking a few breaths to calm down, now was not the time, especially not towards her. ”Yes ma’am.”

As they got to her off she motioned for him to sit down. ”You remember me I’m guessing by your attitude.” ”You know I HAD to do it.” ”And I had to do my job, you could’ve done yours.” ”He was ******** innocent and you know it as well as I do. Tonya raised her hands in a calming gesture. ”Fine, fine, besides the point. You know why you’re here.” ”Probably because I punched my partner.” ”You broke his jaw, knocked him unconscious, yelled at your superiors more than once, you wont take a partner…” ”Other way around.” ”My understanding is you’ve been assigned one and you specifically ask not to. You told your supervisor that you’d likely punch another one.” Topher grimaced at that, he didn’t recall that day, he may have been drunk. ”Ah that, they let you slide because of some family issue at home but only once, which was why you were put on normal beat after your week off. You’re lucky you still have a job you privileged ********> Topher blinked at what she called him and slumped in the chair.

She pulled out a file, most likely his and looked at him. ”You have acceptance letters from so many colleges and even music schools, you could be anywhere else yet you chose to be a cop.” Topher blinked at that, how the ********? ”Nate is my cousin, works in your security. He told me about the letters that get piled up that you ignore, plus the music.” Topher gritted his teeth and wanted to punch Nate at that, ******** little loud mouth. ”Zip it. Chris is worried and told him, so he told me, your own mother confronted the god damn Chief of Police so they told IA and of course I’ve dealt with you ONCE and get told to deal with it. Plus I have, well abilities of my own, so if some of the stress is dealing with that I can understand.” Topher sighed and blinked a bit, but Nate doesn’t or at least doesn’t show so why does…”Nates’ side of the family isn’t.”

”Get the ******** out of my head.” ”I’m not, you’re locked down tighter than ******** Fort Knox. I’m just reading your expressions. I have a degree in psychology on top of what I can do, which is the other reason they sent me.” ”Oh yay, I’m leaving.” Topher started to get up but stopped as she spoke again. Christopher, sit the ******** down, NOW. If you want to keep your badge for longer than you can walk out that door you will.” Topher cursed, sighed then sat back down. ”Good.” She opened his file and went through it quickly finding a page. ”You were tested once, now, most known with abilities are tested at age seven and again at age sixteen as a requirement before they can get their drivers license though you and your sister were never tested again, officially.”

”Officially…” ”What does that mean?” ”They tried to again, didn’t get far, this was after mom became the politician and well you know of Uncle Frederick and his connections so that stopped things. They just flat out don’t try.” ”So unofficially their best guess is Telekinesis – B; Clairvoyance –D; Telepathy – A or higher, and with your telepathy being so high regardless of official record or not the official are quite worried about your current state of mind, which is why I’m here. So you’re stuck with me as a partner for a little bit.” ”Can you keep something off the record so you can understand something of why I’m kind of why I am right now?” Tonya had a recording device on and stopped it. Usually she didn’t but if it’d help him she would, she nodded towards him. ”The only known high rank A Telepath is my Uncle Maxwell.” ”Who mysteriously disappeared, but according to files his ability was god damn scary to a point of whoever hadn’t killed him we would have.” ”Long story short there’s some time travel ******** in my family, don’t ask, stick around long enough and I’ll explain later, not here, but I defeated a different version of him. Ever since my telepathy has been stronger my mind wants to connect with everyone so I’m trying to keep it under control but I’m not sure exactly how to.” ”That’s a ******** scary thought. Ever think of taking a vacation to figure it out?” ”NO, I need work as a distraction if I’m just sitting my mind will wonder and do whatever the hell it wants to.” Tonya stared at him, now that was a very scary thought. The government wanted Maxwell kept in lockup for that reason and here Topher was saying he defeated Maxwell in that aspect and his mind could wonder, and connect to everyone, good god.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:48 pm
Tonya paused and continued to sit quietly for a moment then glance back at Topher. ”Off the record…” Topher glanced at her with a questioning look. ”You ever questioned why I’m in Internal Affairs at such a young age, I mean how old do you think I am?” She knew he knew but wanted to see his response. The emotions on his face were worth the question. Topher himself stopped a moment and went through a few thoughts, one, he knew exactly how old she was, during the investigation which led to his first suspension she was the lead. He knew she was young even then for Internal Affairs, in fact he was one of her first cases. He had Frederick do a background check on her knowing if he did one himself it would look suspicious. She was a few years older than he was. She was mostly flat ranked in her abilities which was unusual, most people had one or a few strong ones and other weak ones, though none were rank A. Most of them were B or just barely below B ranking.

”My mother taught me not to guess women’s ages, it’s rude.” Tonya smirked and chuckled a bit. ”Humor me.” Topher thought for a moment more and shook his head. ”I know you’re a few years older than I am, which is younger than most for IA, and I’m young for a Detective, what’s your point?” Tonya smiled at his comment and sighed. ”I used my abilities to get where I am but I use control. They know I used them to help solve cases but I used them enough to be able to use actual physical evidence that can be proven. You on the other hand tend to just KNOW things.” She clicked the recorder back on and pointed back to him. ”Why did you punch Detective Shane, which resulted in his jaw being broken, hospital bill, your suspension for a while so that he wouldn’t sue us which he did anyway for a small sum to pay his bill, your family opted to help out.”

Topher blinked at that, no one told him that, he’d have words with his mom about that but Tonya waved his thoughts away. ”Your mother did it in gesture of good will to keep thing partially quiet plus she donated a bit to the hospital on top of that to counter anyone noticing.” ”Figures…” ”Getting off topic, so what I’m doing here is trying to best explain what happened to get to that situation, and how to proceed from here. They’ve given me the option to suspend you for a month till you figure out your s**t, or put you under my wing, shadowing an IA detective which is unusual in any aspect but at least that way you cant get into too much trouble.” Topher sighed loudly and slumped a bit. ”My mind well telepathy is needing control work, I know that. I caught a thought from him about throwing my sister and I into one of those testing facilities. Apparently he also noted we hadn’t been tested in a while and was angered by it. I think he has a relative that has some abilities that has to be tested regularly so he was kind of pissed at me for not having to do it.”

”You could offer to do it yourself. I know from rumors that there are more than some on the force that actually feel the same way. They seem to think that just because your family has standings you shouldn’t be privilledged and that fact has floated around rather quick unfortunately for you.” ”Yeah then they’d know my telepathy level and I’d be out the door.” Tonya sighed and stood up to pace a bit. ”Not necessarily, if you learned to control it and used it like I do and obtain physical evidence in your cases that support what you KNOW they wont hold anything against you. Telepathy itself isn’t a good standing in court because its he said she said situation as you know. Work with me for a few months, think about doing a test, I know you’ll need to discuss that with your family for one, have one provided by someone they trust. We can seal it for our records but at least they’ll know you’ve been tested.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:17 pm
--Topher’s test, 3-4months later--

Topher sighed as he more felt the group in two vans come into the parking lot then saw them. Tonya looked over from her desk at him with a questioning glance and he just pointed to the window. She noticed the vans after standing up and turned to him. ”I’ll go tell the chief.” ”He already knows, he’s letting them come get me.” ”This is why you’ve been on edge all morning?” Topher waved his hand in the more or less gesture and got up to stand at the window to watch Frederick’s men get out of the van, there was about ten to fifteen of them besides Frederick. Frederick was in full uniform the rest were in off duty uniforms, this wasn’t necessarily a full out detail. Though the all black uniforms on the group and Frederick along got quite a few stares and made what little people milling about in the parking lot stop.

Frederick himself stared up directly at their office window and Topher swore the man was glaring directly at him, the ******** is his problem today? A few of the men got a large rolling crate which Topher new held Frederick’s own testing equipment that only his men had access too. That was one of the contingencies they had to follow to get his mother to go along with this charade. He knew that this would happen eventually though. There were quite a few on the force that wanted to handcuff him and drag him themselves to a testing facility if he ever gave them a reason to. Which is why he knocked his partner unconscious. He stood at the window looking out and continued to as the men came into the building. It was about fifteen minutes before Frederick himself knocked on their open door and stood waiting. The whole open office outside was completely silent which was unusual.

”What was with the glare?” Frederick walked in and slammed the door which made Tonya jump a bit, she never seen the man get angry even a bit, at least in the families presence. ”You USED compulsion on Barbara?” Topher kept silent and stared at Frederick, his Uncle came up to him and grabbed him hard on the shoulder. ”Your mother has rules against that, I have told you before not to, I only allowed you on my men for training you ******** idiot.” Topher forgot how strong Frederick actually was and was nearly dragged out the door as the man pulled him through after opening it while Tonya watched the little bi-play. The outside office area was still silent, and some watched stunned as Topher was dragged by a man not much bigger than himself towards the interrogation rooms. The first bit of the test would start there.

Topher was place not so nicely in the chair in the small room across from Frederick and had to hold back a curse as he rubbed his shoulder. He could feel a few of the admin group in the observation room on the other side of the glass, now Tonya as well, since she was his partner she could be present, as well as his parents. He felt slight confusion at Fredericks roughness mostly from the admins, his parents were less confused, more curious. There was a lie detector present and Frederick hooked Topher up to it and Topher started to say something. ”Not the official police way for tests, I know. But military standards are different. When we hire anyone with abilities or do a security check you have to be hooked up.” Topher shrugged, wasn’t the first time, he had to do one when he was upgraded to be a detective, just to make sure he wasn’t going to screw them over or something like that. The questions were the normal, name, age occupation, drugs, alcohol and such. ”Have you fired weapons deemed illegal?” Topher stared at Frederick. ”Yes, under your supervision only.” The light stayed green. ”Have you had relations with a coworker of opposite sex.” Topher fidgeted a bit and glanced at the mirror and looked down. ”Answer the question.” ”Yes…” They had a rough case, gotten drunk at a pub and it ended with a bad-good judgement, he couldn’t tell, they didn’t break things off so it wasn’t all bad.

Frederick put the papers down that had the questions, Topher could feel some of the admins attention on Tonya now. Frederick was about to turn the machine off but turn to the mirror. ”Did you, knowing your own mother has rules against use telepathy compulsion against Barbara to arrange this to be in a more public view in your favor, knowing your mother would see it coming from as a better option then coming from you?” Topher glared at Frederick and wanted to punch him in the jaw to shut him up. ”Yes…” He said turning to look directly at his mother even through the mirror. The light stayed green, Frederick noted Topher turning and continued off script now but curious. ”I’m curious, you’re staring at the mirror but you can’t see through, do you know who is in there and where they are standing?”

Topher nodded, ”Yes, Mom, dad, Chief, Internal Affairs Chief, Head of Psychology, Chief Detective, and Tonya.” He pointed at the mirror where they would be in the room and felt everyone in the room tense at that. ”Now those with training are putting up mental blocks. I’d suggest adding me in for a trainer in your next class for the office.” Frederick nodded at the idea towards the mirror, ”I use him to train my own men. How do you know where they are?” ”I didn’t dive fully before anyone gets up in a fit, I got surface thoughts and could cypher from that who was who, Mom and Dad are plain as a beacon to me, I’ve been around Tonya enough now that she’s becoming that way. Family and people that I’m around for long periods of time are clear like beacons, others are, the only way to describe it is static. If I don’t dive into the mind I cant tell who they are but I can sense them.” ”How many are in this building?” Topher closed his eyes and let his mind clear a bit Frederick actually worked with him on this a bit when he got back.

”Two hundred of our own staff, they’re more clear since I’ve been around most of them. Twelve of your men. Including mom and dad we have ten other visitors and three of those are children.” He felt the other room tense even more. One of the admins made a phone call to verify and then afterwards tapped the intercom and came in with a slight shaky voice. ”Accurate.” Frederick grinned at Topher and shook his head. ”There’s no record of a telepath being able to do that in that much detail, or at least in a area that wide. A room maybe, not the whole building.” Topher was pretty sure he could do the whole block if he wanted but it’d give him a headache trying to process that much information. ”My last test put me Rank A for Telepathy.” ”You might as well be above it but the ranking system isn’t set that way.” Frederick unhooked Topher from the lie detector and stood up. They walked towards the door and they both walked out. In the hallway only Tonya stood next to him while Frederick led the way to the other testing area. The rest of the group, well besides his parents who were with Frederick now kept their distance from him. Some were making notes on clip boards and others were making calls. ”What’s going on now?” ”Another test.” ”With them, are you going to be my partner still?” Tony whispered the last and pointed back to the admin group.

The whole office was staring still but going about usual, with the admin group they had to be productive at least and now they weren’t really in a good place to be in plain sight. ”The Chief is actually putting me in a trainer position, taking Frederick’s advice. I think they’re worried if they fire me I’d go rogue on their asses and they’d have to deal with that.” ”That’s good…” ”Your boss wasn’t too happy about our little thing but there really isn’t a rule against it, we’ll just have to talk to him about it. I think as long as we don’t let it interfere with work they’re ok with it.” ”Usually, how did Frederick even find out.” ”He just does.” Topher failed to mention the next day was one of his normal shooting sessions and he took some of the stress out a bit too much there, Frederick is way to observant.

When they got to the next area Fredericks men were waiting and Topher walked in. The admin group stopped what they were doing and looked at them. They all had funny looking fire arms and such. Frederick stopped and motioned for Topher to carry on. Topher let Tonya go and walked to the center of the twelve men and calmed himself with a breathing exercise. ”This isn’t a normal test, and I know it will freak the ******** out of some of you but I wanted to show you what someone can do with high telepathy. Also to show why Fredericks suggestion of mental block training is good.” He motioned the men and they nodded he sent out the first command as a impulse and nothing happened. ”They’ve been training with me since I was a kid, most of these men have a very strong mental block. That was a weak command.” Topher calmed himself even more and opened his. Pull out your pistol and put it to your heads. Instantly all twelve of the men did the command as he stated ”Stop.” The men looked and put the guns down.

The admin group was even now tenser than before, he could even feel his mother watching him a bit closer as well. ”You all had some block up?” The men nodded some were a bit curious, none showed fear, they worked with Topher enough to know that he nor Frederick would allow anything to happen. ”Higher than rank A, food for thought.” He walked back to Tonya and Frederick motioned for the group to move to the next test. Which tested everything else. His fighting test with a small group of the men put his clairvoyance the same. His telekinesis was about the same though a tad stronger though he could move a small truck now, even managed to move one of the SWAT trucks a bit, still rank B but on the higher side, rank a would be moving a whole semi or house.

With the test finished the admin group’s tension was a little less but still they weren’t sure about him but still kept a friendly face. He knew from some surface thoughts that a comment Frederick had made during the fighting test about him at least being on their side for now punched another deep whole into their thoughts. They didn’t want another Maxwell, and with his mother standing right there he was sure they didn’t want to start s**t right away, so at least now they were being polite and not throwing him out the door. ”Well.. that was… interesting. In our next office training can you step in for mental blocking?” ”Would be glad to. Don’t want anyone to become a puppet.”  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:33 pm
”So Christine, you know why you are here and what is going to happen don’t you?” Chris nodded, ignoring the fact that the woman called her by her full name. Unlike Topher, who decided to have a public show of his test, Chris opted for a more private test. It hadn’t been easy convincing mom to go along with it. Her reason was similar to Topher. She knew that she would never be allowed into law school if she had never been officially tested. It wasn’t an option anymore.

”Of course. Psychics are supposed to be tested at least twice in their lifetime. Once as a young child, when their powers are just starting to show as a way to gauge and predict future ability. And once sometime after puberty, after the point when their powers spike and settle to their max level. Only huge events can change one’s power after puberty.” Such as killing someone and letting paranoia take over or traveling to another timeline all together, but that information was not necessary for the tester to know.

”Alright. And since your official record has been ‘lost’, you are being tested much later than most. But the idea is to push your abilities as far as they can go. Don’t worry about holding anything back. We have people on standby.” Chris nodded. Though she’d always been taught to hold back as much as possible, she was also curious to find out just how far she could push her limits.

”According to the records we do still have you are the first record of an Empath. In fact the whole category was developed because of your empathy levels then. Correct?” Chris nodded. Her Empathy was the first ability that developed and it was already strong and overwhelming during the first test. The fact that she’s the whole reason the category exists made her proud. ”Why don’t we start with that then? As a baseline, how do you feel?” Chris chewed the inside of her cheek for a moment in thought. How did she feel today? For the most part she tried to keep her feelings neutral, occasionally finding it hard to tell the difference between her own feelings and that of others.

”Nothing in particular I guess. Maybe kinda nervous. Unsure. You know the rumors people spread.” She left it at that. Jenny would never let them do anything to her but the thought was still there. There was still no telling what they would do if they thought she was too powerful.

”Okay. And can you tell how I am feeling?” The tester held out her hand like she normally did during this part of the test. Most people found it easier to tell when in direct contact. Chris just shook her head slightly and answered after only a moment's pause.

”You are confused and bored. I take it you are experienced in testing. You seem to be confused about this special case. How were my records lost and why would I volunteer to come do a test I technically aged out of a while ago. There is also a hint of fear, you’ve either met my mom or you know enough about her. That’s typical. Of course, you are excited to get off work, not just because it's Friday but there is something special happening tonight. Need I go on???” Chris was sure she proved the point by now and there was no real need to continue. Nothing she didn’t already know so far.

”Well I supposed that’s fair. Detailed descriptions of emotions of one person. So how far out around you can you sense? Still as detailed or less?” The tester skipped forward a bit, realizing Chris was beyond a rank C at least. Chris tapped on her chin for a moment. Stretching out with her feelings as far as she could. Everyone in the building was an open book to her and she might have been able to stretch a bit further, but this facility was in the middle of nowhere so there was no point to try.

”The whole building at least, I can tell it’s friday for sure. There are 20 or so people working throughout the building right now, accurately being 22. Plus Mom sitting in the parking lot impatiently. All of them are pretty clear, there is one guy in the bathroom, looks like he tried to start his weekend early. Oh! Tell the pregnant lady congrats for me will you?” She grinned, ssing the stunned look on the lady’s face. Those remarks already had her pushing A rank and they hadn’t even gotten to the fun part yet.

”V..v..very well. The last thing to test would be influence. Go ahead and reach as far as you can and see if you can change emotions.” Chris took a deep breath. Now that she was actively sensing the whole building, she had a huge choice of emotions to pick from. However to prove her strength, it would be better to make a drastic change. Unfortunately her best option to do that was also the worse.

”I’m sorry, this is going to suck.” The tester didn’t have time to question before she, and the whole building, was plunged into the feeling of the most overwhelming despair she could remember. She spared the pregnant lady, keeping her calm as she watched her coworkers suddenly agonize in despair suddenly. It felt wrong to keep them like that for long so she switched it up to the most gleeful emotion she could muster. And she leveled all the emotions back to their previous state before she stopped. No need to actually change anyone's emotions if she didn’t have to. The tester didn’t say anything but Chris could tell she was at least a bit shaken by the emotional rollercoaster she just experienced.

”Ah. I hope that wasn’t too much.” Though she was told not to hold back. Her biggest worry was actually that the tester would recommend therapy or something. Not like you can fake an emotion. The lady shook her head lightly to clear it, very aware that she was in over her head at this point. ”Trust me, it’ll get better.” Chris gave her a little wink. She didn’t need to use her future powers to believe it.

”I think that’s probably as much information as we need for this test. Next let's do telepathy. The test will be similar so just start by trying to read my thoughts. What am I thinking right now?”

”I don’t need telepathy to know that you have shock written all over your face.” Chris laughed, trying to ease the tension in the room a bit. Luckily it worked and the tester laughed too. The test went as expected more or less. Chris’s telepathy was D ranked. Surface thoughts only but still able to communicate telepathically at least. She was a bit surprised to learn she lost the ability to pick memories out of people's head. Of course jumping timelines and being controlled by two different telepaths at the same time probably had something to do with it. Telekinesis was pretty much exactly as she expected. B ranked with the largest being a small truck. The last test was clairvoyance. However Chris was not excited about this test.

”I hate to say it, because it sounds cliche, but I know how this is going to go.” The tester laughed, taking it as a joke at first. Chris was actually being really serious. Each test was rather time consuming and Chris was already more than aware of her own ability to predict the future. The tester noticed she was serious and stopped, allowing Chris to continue.

”I don’t want to go through all the steps on this one. I know where I fall on this one already. Let me explain. The first step in this test is a joke. Predict the roll of a dice or the top card in a deck. Something small that mostly tests instinct. Predicting what happens in five minutes with different factors of interference from your informant, you can already tell Mary to stand down, I know her message isn’t as important as she wants to make it seem. What you want to know is how accurate I can be with my predictions and how often I have them. Ranks are based on full visions or pieces, and if they occur while dreaming or awake. None of this is a guess by the way.” She paused to take a breath before continuing.

”I can already tell you the answer but I know that’s not how testing works. So you are just going to have to see for yourself. Now that we’ve gone through all this verbally, the best way to go about this is to find the most mentally stable telepath here and let them see the surface of my mind as it happens. Now, based on the options I see, Sam, the pregnant lady, would be your best bet. And no, don’t think about doing it yourself. It ends badly for everyone involved. Trust me.” Finally Chris fell silent. It was obviously a lot for the tester to take in. Nothing Chris said was wrong per se. But it did go against what testing was about. Finally she made a decision. Chris knew the test itself wouldn’t be enough to show her abilities, she needed them to agree to this.

Finally the tester seemed to nod. ”Very well, I can see that you have a good grasp of what is coming at least. An the last test predicted somewhere between an A and B rank so I guess we can play along. However, I can’t let Sam be the one to do this. We will have to pick someone else. It won’t be me. I don’t see why I can’t be the one to do it but I’ll trust your judgement for now.”

So instead of Sam they let John come in to do the test. Of course the Tester lady was still in the room to make sure nothing funky went down. Chris already knew this wasn’t going to go smoothly, but it was better than the step by step baby process. ”Okay. Are you ready to start Christine?” Chris took a deep breath and looked John in the eye.

”First, John, do you have any experience with clairvoyancy?” ”Yea, I mean my sister is a B rank and I’m a C. I don’t see what…” ”Good enough I guess, just keep an eye on my surface thoughts and try not to get overwhelmed.” ”Okay but I don’t see…” He shut up quite quickly as Chris let free her control of her visions. They had gotten much worse since the timeline jump. This was the part that scared her the most. Her entire vision was nothing but the future, all possible futures. Like Ciara had described Jenny in the other timeline, her entire mind was taken over by visions. There was nothing she could do to stop them if she tried. Luckily her previous training helped her to filter out the ‘garbage’, only the most important and relevant visions would actually get through during her waking hours. But she needed to do this, she needed this ability of her’s to be on record. If Topher was serious about making sure they were aware of his Telepathy, it was only fair she do the same.

”Christine. Chris! Whatever you are doing you can stop now. CHRIS!!!” The tester’s shouting pierced through the visions just enough to give Chris the opening she needed to filter the visions back. She blinked several times to clear her blurry vision and did her best to steady her breathing again. Her eyes focused to the table in front of her where John’s head lay. He was unconscious, probably his mind couldn’t take all those visions at once. Though she couldn’t tell exactly, it had to have been only a few minutes since they started.

”Sorry.” She spoke when she knew her voice wasn’t going to be shaky. ”But the rule was don’t hold back. Right now the visions are constant during waking hours. It used to only happen in short bursts so Mom taught me how to filter out the unimportant stuff. Now I have to filter constantly to even be functional.” As much as she hated training then, she was really thankful to Jenny for all those training sessions to better control her visions.

”That’s also why I insisted someone else be the one to actually look. If it was just the two of us you would have ended like him and I’d just be stuck for who knows how long.” Chris said it jokingly but it was the truth. None of this seemed to bother her in the slightest, she would just deal with it the same she always had. The tester still seemed concerned but another thought popped into her head.

”Okay, I’ll bite, Why was Sam the best choice?” ”She wouldn’t have fainted. She would have known exactly when it was too much and time to pull out.” ”I see. I think that is all we need for now. Thank you for your time Christine.” Chris nodded and made her way out of the building. Good God she was glad to be done. She felt drained after all that. She made her way to the car where Jenny was waiting.

”How was it?” Jenny inquired as Chris got in the car. ”Eh nothing new I suppose. Just glad it's finally over so there won’t be any issue in the future. Speaking of, didn’t Topher have his earlier? How did it go?” Jenny sighed as she started the car and they drove away.

”A spectacle to say the least…”

((2414 words))  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:34 pm
--- The music ball/diner event ---

Topher sighed as the car pulled up to the building. He and Tonya were in the back, this would be their first official public appearance as a couple making things change drastically. Sure the whole office knew by now but having everyone know was a different story. [b”What?” ”Are you ready for this.” Tonya grabbed Topher’s face and pulled him in for a long kiss and glared at him afterwards. ”If you ask me that one more time I will hold you down and let Nate kick your a**.” ”Why not do it yourself.” ”You’d enjoy it too much.” They heard gagging noises from the front but also knuckle cracking. Nate happened to be their driver, usually was Topher’s anyway when he wasn’t with the family. He wanted to bring Tonya along so asked for a separate car. ”Any time love birds, I’m sure your mom wants you inside though.”

Topher glanced outside, there was plenty of press waiting to see who would come to this ball and dinner. Usually when his mother held one it was quite a gather of whose who and what celebrity was in town and could make it. Topher nodded and Nate got out and opened his door first. The instead he stood up the bulbs on the cameras started flashing. It was unusual for him to be alone the moment he opened the other door for Tonya everyone went nuts. Nate smirked a bit and waved, ”See you inside.” Topher and Tonya stood together in a simple embrace at start of the red carpet letting the press get their fill. Hell he knew if they didn’t they’d be pissed. After a bit the walked normally into the hotel lobby and made their way to the grand ball room.

Jack smiled as they entered, ”Your mother sent me to look for you. Lovely dress Tonya, you didn’t get blinded by the press now did you?” Tonya hugged Jack and shook her head. ”I’m used to some, being Internal Affairs and a psychic.” ”Well, now you’ll have a bit more.” ”It’s fine.” ”Glad you’re in good spirits about it all.” Jack directed them into the family table. Topher could see his mother delegating to a few of her fellow senators and some of the celebrities that supported her for office. Of course there was a band playing and a dance floor set up, but unlike most of her usual balls there was more music instruments than prior events. Topher found Chris in the audience and glared in her direction. There was something going on for sure.

”What are you mad about already?” ”I have a feeling there’s something going on and I’m not in the loop.” ”Is that unusual” ”Nope.” Topher glared as Jack walked off to be with his mother and motioned that Topher and Tonya were now there. The Chief was actually here and Topher and Tonya said hello and made a bit of small talk when he came over. ”Odd he’s here.” Topher laughed a bit. ”Surprisingly he’s actually supported her since she’s started. He’s just leery of high abilities, if he knew half of what she could do he’d probably not be in the same room with my family.” Topher watched as his mother went up to the podium and welcomed everyone to the event. She made a small announcement that yes the rumors were true that Chris and Topher had been tested privately. Then she looked directly at him. ”There has been some talk my children don’t really do much, but actually they do, you just have to dig deeper. For tonight, I’ll solve one mystery. Christine, Christopher will join the band and play some songs. Those of you in the audience will probably note are that most are familiar. The twins wrote them. The music used in my campaign which you’ve all asked about was written by those two.” The press in the ball room now that they were allowed in started to take pictures of Topher and Chris now where they were in the room.

Tonya looked over at Topher and poked him. ”I think she wants you on the stage.” Topher gritted his teeth and wanted to glare at his mother but kept a somewhat poker face on. They hadn’t done the random music challenge game at home for nothing all these years. ”You owe me a dance later.” Topher kept still but noted the glare now from his mother if he didn’t move she’d make him move one way or another, Chris was already getting on the stage. Finally he made his way up to the stage. ”I said I was sorry.” He said under his breath as he walked past his mother and to the piano first. All the other instruments were taken so he figured that was his cue. Chris was next to him and handed him a paper with the songs on it. At least that way he’d know which ones to do.

They played for nearly an hour, which was the first half of the ball. Hell he was actually having fun regardless that his mother probably thought this was a punishment. He could see Tonya looking at him in the audience with a smile. The Chief was standing next to her with his mouth open. Hell half the audience probably was. Not only were they playing with the band but they also switched instruments depending on the song. He mostly did piano and guitar but on occasion hopped on the drums or even played the trumpet. The last wasn’t his favorite but he learned something else out of boredom. When the last song was coming up he motioned to Frederick. Things were coming into play now. He’d pull one over on his mother as well. The song ended and the whole audience clapped after those stopped dancing that were. He grabbed an acoustic guitar and stool and walked up to the microphone on the stage noting the stare from Chris. No this was not part of THEIR plan, though he knew she knew what was coming.

The audience notice him there and his mother also stared at him with a questioning look. ”So there you go.” He started to tune the guitar to the song he was going to play now. ”To answer your obvious question, mom had us play a music game, she’d play only bits of a song and make us finish it. She’d have us change instrument too. We learned at young age. I think I was five or six when I started the piano, Chris started with me. Moved to violin and woodwind instruments mostly. I like more aggressive music, if that wasn’t apparent.” The audience chuckled a little bit. ”This song I’m going to play though is for a close family friend that has stuck with us even through our weirdness. I did something I’m not proud of, nothing serious happened even though it could’ve and I’m very sorry I did it. I found out through old mundane ways that this was her song chosen for her wedding, though sadly her husband past away. A fellow officer who died in the line of duty.” At that he noted that Barbara had stopped what she was doing and stared intently at him.

He then not only played an acoustic version of the song that he wrote himself but sung it. During it there were a few camera flashes but he didn’t care, let them. When he finished he stopped and let the camera’s keep going.

”I’d just like to point out, that mundane way, is now behind you.” With that he stood up and put the guitar back to stand he grabbed it from. Those who caught on noted Barbara was furiously hugging a younger woman standing next to Frederick. Topher walked off the stage where Chris looked at him she knew this was going on their mother on the other was slightly stunned he pulled this off on her. ”You got the extra room though right?” She nodded and looked to where Barbara was hugging what looked to be a lost step-daughter before Topher could get away she hugged him gently. ”I’m still mad, but thank you for doing that.” ”Frederick helped.” He walked off and he and Tonya both got something to eat finally. ”That was, entertaining.” ”The office is going to love that.” ”Musical prodigy is a humble cop.” Tonya smirked and made hand gestures talking about what types of headlines to expect. ”Shut it.”

They ate for a while and visited with people who stopped by the table and answered a few questions about the music. The press wasn’t allowed near the tables thankfully part of his mother’s rules. The people needed some time to eat in peace. Jack sat down and looked at him. ”Is that Barbara’s step-daughter?” Topher nodded. ”You took the time to track her down and the song…” ”Yes, a way of an apology for what I did even though we agreed not to say I did it. Frederick helped though I think Chris pointed him in the right direction. There was something that happened that made them, the father and daughter not talk to each other in the end. Barbara was barely able to get word that her father had passed away.” ”There’s a story there.” ”Barbara had given her a bit for college but she took it and went drug way. The father wanted nothing to do with her being a cop.” ”What happened then?” ”Actually, she put herself in rehab but was working two jobs to pay it off in the end. When Frederick found her I paid it off through one of our outreach charities and contacted her, told her who I was, that her step-mom worked with us, we could get her a stable SINGLE job here if she wanted.”

Tonya patted Topher’s hand, she didn’t know Topher to work with charity this much himself but knew the family did. ”Yes we will. With our family if she so choses or one of the companies or help find one somewhere close by.” ”Family is family, even if its step family.” Nate came over and tapped Topher’s shoulder and nodded up to the band. ”Oh, dad, excuse me, this lady owes me a dance.” Topher pulled Tonya up without asking and started to pull her to the dance floor, the people with the cameras noticed and started going off. ”Topher…” ”You found things out about me, I for one know took swing lessons, so guess what I learned.” ”You didn’t…” ”Oh but I did.” A that the band started to play a fast swing song and Topher and Tonya moved like liquid together which made the rest trying to let them have the whole floor. When it was finished they were both a bit out of breath and bowed to the clapping and walked back to the table. ”I’m so letting Nate kick your a** anyway.” ”Was worth it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm
[[ooc: this happens just after they get back]]

Topher was so physically and mentally exhausted when they got back that when his mother kept asking them questions about everything that happened they got into a good yelling match. Hell Chris was staying quiet about the WHOLE god damn thing and he couldn’t blame her, he had to fight Maxwell in her mind while he fought the p***k physically in his multiple renditions from other timelines. She knew he had done something knew. He knew that Maxwell had tried to use her to kill him but didn’t hold it against her, Maxwell was a strong telepath but she fought it anyway and with his help she was able to keep it under control. She was going through a lot and processing it all. It pissed of their mom since she was quiet and wouldn’t talk and Topher himself didn’t want to even answer any questions, he just wanted to sleep for a god damn week.

He had split his mind into two which some would say was impossible but fighting on a physical front and mentally made things happen the way he did. Not only that but he managed to throw in a new ability mixing his telekinetic powers with his fighting skills which made things a bit more interesting and threw Maxwell for a loop physically. After that his mental attacks started getting more frequent so Topher had to up his game and go full out. He wasn’t sure exactly how he did it but once his mother and let alone their father showed up things got quite interesting in that aspect. Maxwell seemed a bit distracted so he was able to boot his has out of Chris’ mind forcibly and managed to get him into a choke hold before he could do anything else. Then he felt the pressure of more than one Maxwell trying to invade him. However he could see the surprise when Maxwell figured out that he had managed to split his mind. His father tossed him a spare pistol and Topher caught it gracefully and pulled it twice shooting the main Maxwell, the b*****d that was in Chris’ head in the head then once in the chest. After that the pressure on his mind stopped.

Things after that went quick and their mom and dad got them back to their own timeline. He wasn’t sure what exactly happened with Chris but she sent him something mentally about dad not being dad so he questioned mom and that’s when the yelling started. At least for ten minutes before Frederick and Barbara showed up. Topher finally gave up much to the annoyance of his mother and walked into the house slamming the door, he heard the glass in the frame of it shatter and the wood creaked loudly like the door wanted to splinter into a bunch of pieces. It is dad, don’t worry so much about it…I’m going the ******** to sleep… With that he slammed his door, nearly breaking that as well but used less force than he had with the front door.

He slept like the dead for almost twelve hours straight until he kept hearing a quiet thud, thud, thud. ”Ughhh…” ”The dead have risen.” A young female voice spoke as he turned his head to see what the noise was. At that he sat up and turned to see a young female sitting in his desk chair holding one of those blue rubber wall balls that you’d see a inmate use out of boredom. For some reason she looked vaguely familiar too him and he had to think a bit and decided he couldn’t process information at the moment. ”Get out.” He opened the door mentally and went to go back to sleep but hear the door shut before he could close his eyes. He turned to face the door but the girl was still sitting in his chair. ”Mr. Badass learns to split his mind so he thinks he’s all high and mighty now?” She smirks and then throws the ball right at him. He doesn’t even hesitate to stop the ball with telekinesis and glares at her. ”Who the ******** are you?” ”Toni. I’m here to fix some things.” Before Topher could think the ball moves back to her. Ok so her powers in telekinesis are stronger than his. ”Fix what?’ ”You… and your sister.”

Topher blinked at that and sat back up. ”Well more precisely the technology in you. That allows for time travel, that’s why your powers were and kind of still are out of whack at the moment. If I don’t calibrate it correctly it can lead to dangerous things and possibly kill you.” ”Stay the ******** away from me.” ”I already fixed yours, while you were asleep. I don’t have to do anything physically to it. Wireless tech is amazing isn’t it?” She smirked at his apprehension and stood up. ”Why the ******** do you look familiar to me?” ”Cause I’m your daughter, silly.”

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:33 pm
Topher made it into work a bit early regardless of Chris’ attempts at trying to stop him from coming today. She saw something bad happening today but he couldn’t avoid his first day back let alone his first day being a detective. They had given him some leeway knowing his family had certain things regarding his mother being a senator so they came up with a family emergency regarding that. He sat through the usual boring morning discussion where they wrapped up and congradulated him on the promotion and welcomed him back. Someone showed him to his new office where he and his partner Detective Munds would be housed in. They hadn’t gotten any assignment that day so Munds was essentially giving him the run down of how things would normally go and where things were in the Detective wing of the complex.

Topher was essentially bored at this point and that’s when his mind wondered and he picked up the thought it Munds head. Should lock you and your sister both up and have you tested, they forced my cousin to be tested twice and you two ******** rich ******** don’t have to just because your mom is a psychic senator. Hell they should test her and your fat… At that point Topher wasn’t thinking and had used telekinetic punch to hit Detective Munds in the jaw which threw him across the office section they were in making Munds knock down a door, also knocking him out. At that point Topher noticed that the office was completely quiet and there were soldiers he recognized standing around him. Not only that they were aiming their high powered rifles directly at him. He knew they had tranquilizer darts in them though others probably didn’t. ”CHRISTOPHER!” He heard the voice shout his name as he tried to calm down and turned to focus on Frederick.

Of course Chris would call him, this is probably what she saw. These men were trained, Topher knew to take him down. Frederick had a contingency plan as he knew because before they were being trained to take Maxwell down. Well now that that ******** was dead Topher was the only known rank A Telepath to them and that’s what this particular team specialized in dealing with. Frederick walked up to him and stared him directly in the eyes. ”Calm yourself.” ”Yes… sir.” His breath was still ragged and at this point he noticed his boss coming down the hallway. He wasn’t yelling, yet but there was soon to be some. ”My office, NOW.” One of Fredericks’ team was seeing to Detective Munds as he was a trained medic. It seemed that Munds would live, Chief made sure of that first before saddling over to Topher and Fredericks stare down.

Topher still stood there staring at Frederick wondering exactly when Chris called him and figured he knew the answer without even going through Fredericks’ mind, it was the second he left. ”DETECTIVE MIZUKI, NOW, WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A JOB!” At that Topher glanced to his boss and nodded following the man to his office. Frederick right behind him and then the men surrounded them. His boss stopped at this but then kept going, figuring it was probably better to have the escort at the moment. When they got to the office he slammed the door after Frederick walked through, the men were already waiting outside knowing better not to come in. ”Mind telling me exactly WHY you felt the need to punch Detective Munds?” Topher was sitting, Frederick was behind him and both just stayed silent. ”No? Ok, why for that matter was there a GOD DAMN MILITARY UNIT HERE the MOMENT after it happened?” ”Christine is a very powerful seer as you call them. She saw this going very differently so called me to warn me that Christopher was going to do something stupid, possibly something deadly.” Topher gritted his teeth, having had his full name used twice now in context, on top of that Chris saw him actually killing someone here in the office which isn’t likely. ”And you’re staying silent on the explanation why Detective, you should be without a job, I could have you thrown in jail but seeing that your family is who they are the negative side of that would make my office look very bad, considering no one died, I should still hold you overnight at least but seeing that your sister was kind enough to send your Uncle here to stop you from doing anymore ha…” ”He isn’t actuall…” ”Excuse me? With his accommodations and past you’re lucky he considers otherwise. I should’ve just let him shoot you and dealt with you himself. But again, that’d look bad on my office and the Commissioner, Mayor and who knows who else would be breathing down my throat for letting it escalate to that.”

”Gun and badge.” The Chief looked directly at Topher and held out his hand waiting. ”Sir?” ”You haven’t read my mind? Good. You’re on leave, WIHTOUT pay, for that stunt, for two weeks. I want you to speak with Tonya Aquino of Internal Affairs either during that time or when you get back.” Topher stiffened at the name, knowing it to be Tobi and Toni’s mother, which would mean it to be his future wife. The Chief noticed and took it a different way. ”I know she dealt with your case before. That’s why I picked her prior knowledge to you personally. Also, this is not a option. She will determine whether or not you will continue to have a job or not is that understood?” ”Yes sir.” Topher took his gun-holster out and badge and handed it to the Chief. ”I happened to be on the phone with your mother when that happened, seems she knew it was happening. Asked if she could make a donation to the police retirement fund to make it quiet and also made sure that Detective Munds medical and recovery bills will be paid in full.” Topher gritted his teeth at that, god damn it. ”Keep that in mind, your family has standings that situations like this, may look bad, now get out.”

Topher did as he was told Frederick was behind him and stayed quiet the whole time. The men were still escorting them outside. When they did get to the parking lot Topher stopped and turned on Frederick. ”Can’t orders.” ”Christopher…” Frederick spoke quietly but calmly as Topher turned. He heard the snick of Fredericks own gun coming out. The ********? His anger rose and he spun on the man again. However at that moment he noticed someone behind the group staring directly at him. Tonya, ”Your mother gave me orders to have my men escort you home, no where else, now get in the god damn truck or I’ll shoot you myself.” Tonya had her phone out to call for help but he shook his head at her and turned towards Fredericks truck, tossing the keys of his charger to one of the men. ******** today. Tonya being there, and then Frederick, that man had NEVER threatened him like that, ever.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:01 pm
~~The First Event~~~

It was a party. Technically it was the twins very first appearance since their mother’s journey into the political world. Jenny had been to many events like this but tonight was the first one she was hosting. And she expected her children to behave. Topher, as usual, was complaining about having to wear a tux. Chris was in agreement with the complaints, but she was never vocal about them. And at least her dress was pretty.

Chris and Topher arrived in a car just behind Jenny and Jack. As they exited the car, tons of photographers snapped pictures left and right. This event was partially a celebration of the twins’ 13th birthday (it was the week before and the family had already had their own celebration on the actual day) as well as a bit of campaigning for the next election. And the press was ready to pounce on the twins, since they had never really been in the limelight before. Chris stayed close to Topher the whole time. This was the first time she would be around a group as large as this for as long as this. She was nervous but she kept it from showing.

The mingling was easier than Chris had expected. However everyone at the event had to come by and congratulate the twins on growing another year older. Chris held her smile the whole time, elbowing Topher every time he tried to sass any of the guests. Each handshake was a small jolt of emotions, and it took everything in her power not to jerk her hand back every time. The worst part of all of this wasn’t even the emotions. She’d been dealing with that as long as her powers had been developing. The worst part was everyone calling her by her full name. For as long as she had been able to talk, she prefered the name Chris. Christine was always too formal for her. She hated it. At school, the first day of every class she made sure the teacher knew, she was Chris. And now all these strangers were calling her by the wrong name. Topher had it worse, most people would actually shorten his name, but to Chris instead of Topher.

Despite all of that, by the time they sat down at the table, Chris wasn’t feeling too bad. It was a bit more mentally exhausting than she’d expected, but so far so good. The next part however was the food. Chris squirmed a bit in her seat. She hated eating in front of others. She always got the feeling people were watching her eat and that feeling creeped her out. Luckily the family didn’t go out to restaurants to eat very often and when they did, Chris just pretended she wasn’t hungry and just snacked at home later. She tried to approach Jenny about it while she was planning this event but Jenny just shooed her away.

But now sitting here, she knew people were staring at them. She couldn’t just pretend she wasn’t hungry this time, Jenny would be furious if she didn’t even try to eat anything. The food looked so good and Chris tried, she really did, but she only got one bite of food down and she honestly felt like it was going to come back up. Topher probably looked over at her several times to make sure she was okay but she just gently shook her head and mentally told him not to worry about it. She knew going without food would make it harder to concentrate later so she poked Jenny and whispered to ask her if she could go eat somewhere else. Jenny insisted they were going to eat as a family at this event. Chris was just going to have to suck it up.

So she pushed her food around a little bit and tried to eat one more bite but it was just as hard to swallow as the first. She gave up trying after that, knowing it wouldn’t get any easier. After food was of course the dancing. Jenny made the kids promise they would do at least one dance. So they decided to meet that requirement they would just do a dance together. Topher just wanted to complain the whole time.

”Topher… At least you don’t have to dance with just any body. Shut up about it already. If mom hears you, we’ll both get in trouble for sure.” The bickered back and forth quietly and then mentally for a minute, more focused on fighting than dancing that Chris bumped into another dancer. The two stopped and apologized but Chris shuddered. The lady at least looked like she wanted to explode at them but kept it civil the whole time, telling them to stop playing around and to be luck this event was partially for them. The lady and her partner danced away from the twins but Topher was looking at Chris concerned. She hadn’t said anything, and he was kind of expecting her to make a funny quip about the lady being a b***h. Chris was visibly shaking, unable to stop the rush of emotions now. She wanted to be anywhere but here. Tears threatened to spill but she was successful in keeping those back at least.

”Chris are you sure you’re okay?” It was obvious she wasn’t, but he had to ask. She shook her head, knowing she wouldn’t be able to keep her voice steady if she tried to talk. ”I think I’m going to be sick.” She took off running as quickly as she could towards the exit, knowing that any punishment later would not be half as bad as whatever backlash would come from whatever was about to happen. She wasn’t even sure, never quite reaching her limit with Empathy before, but it couldn’t be good.

As she rushed through the doors, Nathaniel was making his way back in at the same time. ”Sorry” She shouted towards him as she rushed by, hoping she didn’t hit him with the door or anything. ”Chris?” He questioned and stood there for only a second before deciding to follow her. While she wasn’t really planning where to go, ( her mind was just trying to get away from people) Her end goal was more or less outside. She didn’t make it that far. She rushed down the hallway to the back door when the first sob hit. Her knees buckled and she hit the floor hard, catching herself with her hands. Her vision was blurry with tears as they spilled over. She tried to hold it back, to keep it in. She didn’t know if she was far enough or if there was anyone in the hall that would be affected if she let go now.

A soft hand touched her shoulder. ”Chris? Are you okay? What’s wrong?” Nate had bent down, concern written on his face. Chris shook her head, at this point there was no reason to lie. ”Ou...tsi..de…” She managed to choke out between sobs. Nate helped her to her feet and put her arm over his shoulder and his arm around her waist so she wouldn’t fall. They made it outside but she pushed forward till they were in the parking lot before she got him to stop. She bent down, hugging her knees to her chest. ”Go…” She would have pushed him but she was exhausted. ”Chris, I can’t just leave you like this.” ”Please” She whispered and Nate finally nodded. ”I won’t go too far…”

He backed up a little ways but still kept her in eyesight. Chris knew she couldn’t hold it any longer. She let go of all the emotions at once with a scream. Nate was on the fringe edge of it as Chris still had enough control to keep it as close to her as possible. He could sense her fear and worry, the partygoers excitement, that lady's anger, that one guys’ lust and all of the jealousy. He backed up several steps, almost running into Mathias. Chris’s scream died out and all that was left was sobs. Nate and Matt looked at each other for a second before hurrying over to her side. ”Are you okay? Your mom sent me out here to find you.” Matthias asked and reached out to touch her shoulder. Nate held him back and shook his head. He wasn’t sure what this was, but he had enough training dealing with Panic attacks to know touch isn’t usually the right answer.

”Chris? We should get you back inside now. Can you stand on your own? Or do we need to help you?” She reached out her shaking arm as a sign that she needed help. ”Do you mind if we put you on my back?” Matthias asked, knowing it would be faster and Chris wasn’t really that heavy. Chris shook her head and reached out her other hand. Nate helped pull her to her feet and helped her over to where Matt had bent down to make it easier to lift her. Once they were all situated, Matt moved slowly back towards the hotel, Nate walking just behind him, hand on Chris’s back to keep her from falling. Her sobs had mostly stopped by the time the made it back to the doors but her breathing was still irregular.

”We should get her back to Jenny. She’ll know what to do.” Chris whimpered and shook her head against Matt’s back. ”No. There are too many people in there. The lobby then?” Chris shook her head again. ”Where else?” Chris pointed down, right in Matt’s face. ”Here?” Chris nodded. ”Just set her down and go tell Jenny she’s okay. I’ll stick with her for now.” Matt sighed but squatted down so Chris could get off. She sat down against the wall and pulled her knees up close, laying her head down on top. Nate sat down next to her, awkwardly fiddling with his tie.

Up until this point, they never really had many interactions. He was more of Topher’s bodyguard and while they existed in the same space sometimes, they didn’t ever talk. ”That was your Empathy thing right?” Chris didn’t respond, her focus was on getting her breathing under control. Nate cleared his throat. ”I..uh don’t know if this really applies, but there is a technique we use for panic attacks if you want to try it.” Chris turned her head towards him to look at him, kind of making a shrug motion. Anything could be better than what she was doing now.

”Okay. Are you able to talk yet?” Chris shook her head and Nate nodded. ”Alright. Point to five things you can see.” Chris looked at him for a moment then pointed to the water fountain just down the hall, the floor, the plant next right next to him, her dress and lastly she poked his arm. ”Good, four things you can touch.” Chris grabbed her dress, patted the floor, lightly tugged some of her hair that was falling out of place then poked him again. ”Right. Three things you can hear.” Chris paused for a moment before pointing again to the fountain, signed and pointed towards the laundry room down the hall and poked Nate one more time. Nate smiled. ”Two things you can smell.” Chris blinked then mimed food and poked him again. Nate laughed. ”Alright, alright. One thing you can taste.” Chris stuck out her tongue.

”Feeling better now?” Chris hadn’t really noticed because she was so focused on Nate’s technique, but she was much calmer now. She nodded. ”I think so.” Her voice was barely a whisper. They sat in silence for a little bit after that, Chris mostly staring at the wall across the hall. Chris was the first to speak.

”You are nervous.” She didn’t look at him or anything during this, most people didn’t like to be told how they were feeling by someone they didn’t know, but Chris needed to test her control. ”Not unusual, my mom is kinda your family’s boss…” She puffed her cheeks out then exhaled after a moment. [colo#8f8fbc]”You are a bit confused, but not surprised, so you probably have a psychic family but no one with Empathy I’m guessing. And you work for us so you probably know at least the basics of our abilities.” She sighed. Jenny had been getting busier and busier with each passing year.

”You are also genuinely concerned for my well being. But you don’t have to be. I don’t need help.” She huffed. It was quiet again. She could tell Nate was trying to think of a way to reply.

”I’m sorry.” She whispered it but she wasn’t sure if he heard her so she said it again. ”Honestly. I know you felt it. I’m supposed to have better control than that. Anyone else probably would have run away. So… thank you.” Nate waved his hands frantically. ”No, no… Its… I…” Chris turned and looked at him and chuckled a little. ”I’m glad you are feeling better Chris.” Chris nodded. ”Me too. Thanks again, Nate.” Shock was written all over his face. ”Did I say something wrong? Your name is Nathaniel isn’t it? I didn’t remember it wrong did I?” Nate shook his head. ”No one has ever called me Nate before. I… I don’t think anyone has ever called me anything other than my full name. Except your brother but his names aren’t usually nice...” Chris wasn’t sure how to respond at first. For someone who hated their full name, Chris couldn’t understand how he’d never have a nickname before. ”Is it okay that I called you that? I can try to remember not to do it next time…” ”No! Its fine. I… I kinda like it.” Chris beamed but it didn’t last long.

”We should probably get back now. I have a feeling Mom is going to yell.” She stretched out her legs as Nate got up and reached a hand down to help her get up as well. They made it back to the ballroom unhindered and slipped in mostly unnoticed. Things would be wrapping up relatively soon. Topher stood as they made their way back to the table and Chris couldn’t help herself from rushing to him and giving him a hug. [color#8f8fbc]”Topher, I’m sorry for worrying you.” Topher glared at Nate and Nate just stared back in challenge. Chris pulled back out of the hug and took her seat at the table. Topher followed suit and Nate walked off, none of them really wanted to make any more of a scene than necessary. Of course Topher was mad, mostly because he had to stay behind, but he would get over it. And of course for the rest of time he was going to tease her about liking Nate. Even when she insisted she didn’t have feelings for him. Especially when she insisted.

I know Topher would have tried to follow her when she bolted out of the room.

Jenny’s eyes caught Chris as she was almost at the door. Her eyes caught Matthias’s and she nodded for him to go after her. Her eyes also caught Topher, just steps away from following his sister and made her move. Matt got to Topher first. ”Stop. Let us handle it.” Topher insisted but Jenny put her hand on his shoulder and squeezed. ”One of you have to be here at all times. So no, you are going to stay. Let Matthias deal with it.” She heard Topher scoff and her eyes narrowed. He noticed and sighed with a loud ”FINE”

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:08 pm
~~Music Ball Dinner Event Thing~~

Chris was the greatest planner on the planet! Okay probably not, but who better to plan all the balls and gala’s and parties and events than the one person who could see all options of the future. Obviously Chris rarely used her abilities like that, but for events her mother put together, she didn’t have much choice. Better to help Jenny get it to turn out exactly like she wanted than to hear her complain about it over and over again.

Thus she was there well before any of the guests arrived. Her and Jack had an agreement that he would keep Jenny as distracted as possible for as long as possible so she couldn’t interfere and make things worse right before the event. And like every event, she waited until the last possible moment to actually get herself ready. Unfortunately it typically happened when her mother arrived, finally too worried for distractions to work. This event was no exception. Of course after the inevitable “Why aren’t you dressed yet?” screech, Jack gave her the typical look of apology. She mouthed a “Thank you” to him as she left to get ready, knowing it would have been worse had it happened any other way.

Occasionally, Jenny would force Chris to get in a car and ride around the block to the front so everyone could see, but her typical driver was Matthias and Jenny had thankfully realized that Chris and Topher didn’t really need bodyguards anymore. Nate was still around, already decided to drive Topher and Tonya, but Matt had gone off on his own for a while. (Probably because Chris finally told him she wasn’t nor would she ever be interested in him.) Nate assured her that he was fine, they still kept in contact at least, so she didn’t feel bad. Either way she got to skip the paparazzi.

She was on the floor mingling with some of the other guests when Topher and Tonya arrived. She knew they were there because she could feel her brother stare at the back of her head. She ignored him, it was just easier to avoid him than to lie to him directly. Jenny made sure she knew the consequences of letting Topher know ahead of time. But at least she got to pick her own dress this time. After a moment she found herself alone in the crowd. She let her typical party smile fall for a bit, giving herself some time to adjust to the influx of emotions in the room. By now she was really good about blocking out everyone else’s emotions but huge parties like this were still exhausting.

The moment didn’t last long enough before she felt a gentle tap on her shoulder. ”Miss Mizuki.” Chris turned with a playful frown, already knowing who the culprit was. ”That is my Mother’s name…” She spoke and broke out into a grin at Nate. Currently the two were only friends but Chris could tell where this was going. She didn’t want to spook him though so she let him set the pace of their friendship. That pace was agonizingly slow as Nate wrestled with his own feelings. Now that he wasn’t employed by her mother it would hopefully be easier.

”Having fun yet?” Chris glanced over at the table where the rest of the family was except her mother. It was almost time to start then. She shrugged. ”This event isn’t about fun. So much has happened recently…” She exhaled slowly, fighting a wave of emotions that threatened to overtake her and the memories of what happened threatened to surface again. Nate put his hand on her shoulder to help calm her. ”It’s an apology and… also a punishment.” she was able to say between her mother’s words, just as she called them up to the stage. Chris made her way forward like expected. She bent down as she handed Topher the paper and whispered, ”I’m sorry.” It wasn’t as if she really wanted to keep it a secret, but at the same time, she knew what he was up to as well and she was kind of hurt he didn’t think to ask her for help.

Playing the music was the easy part. Because they were playing with other people, the music wasn’t as random as a normal game and they at least had some sheet music. Then Topher decided to steal the show. Which was fine, she knew it was coming but still… He could have asked. She stayed to the side of the stage and kept her eye on the crowd. Jenny was nearby fussing and fuming but it didn’t matter at this point. Besides, Jenny took a few minutes to calm down and realize that this moment wasn’t about her. It was actually kind of sweet. It didn’t change the rules or that he broke them, but it helped.

Chris took her leave of the stage and the ballroom, making her way outside to cool off and breathe for a little bit. Thankfully, she didn’t have to concentrate so hard to block everyone’s emotions out from here. She didn’t have to be Christine, just Chris. She didn’t even notice Jenny sneak up behind her till she spoke.

”I take it you knew what Topher was planning?” It wasn’t accusatory but it was probing. Chris turned a bit as Jenny came up next to her and they both just stared up at the sky. ”Yea. I hate just… barging in like I know everything. So I was hoping he’d come ask for help. And when he didn’t, I left a little note on Frederick’s car to help him find the girl. It was his little project so it wasn’t really my place to interfere. However, I did notice he used my charity to help her out.” Her goal was, and always had been, to just let things happen sometimes. Not all things needed her hand to get where they were going. Exceptions being really, really bad events or Topher doing something inevitably stupid.

Jenny sighed and put her hand on Chris’s shoulder. ”I’m proud of both of you. I keep thinking you are both still small and fragile and all the time you two are doing everything to prove me wrong. I… I really just want you to be happy.” Jenny let her hand fall to her side. ”I’ll send Nate out in a bit with some food.” Chris wasn’t a fan of eating in front of others. So because of that and so she could take a break from blocking her Empathy, she usually ate separate from the rest of the group.

She nodded and Jenny went back inside. Chris made her way over to a little bench close by and sat down for the first time pretty much all day. (Except when she got to play the piano but that wasn’t comfortable sitting.) Pretty soon Nate came out with a plate, just as Jenny promised. Chris reached out and took it with a smile, noticing it had pretty much all her favorites on it. ”Mom had it made this way I'm guessing.” Nate laughed and shuffled his feet. ”Is there anything else you need?” He tugged at his collar a bit, clearly unsure if he should stay or go. Chris, fork hanging from her mouth, patted the bench next to her. She plucked the fork out of her mouth. ”Stay… Please.” It might have sounded a little bit desperate but tonight she really didn’t want to be alone.

Nate chuckled and complied, sitting down next to Chris. ”You aren’t going to eat?” Since she didn’t eat with others at the events, she wasn’t sure what he normally did. He shook his head. ”No, I ate a little something before and I’ll eat something after. I’m not really a fan of fancy food.” He shrugged. Chris held out her plate ”Honestly, its not as fancy as you think. Most of those people in there don’t even realize it. Here…” She stuck a piece of steak on her fork and held it out for him. ”Try.” He looked from it to her and back again before plucking it off her fork with his fingers and plopping it into his mouth. Well it was a start at least…He chewed it in silence and Chris went back to eating her food.

”I’m not used to this.” Chris tilted her head and Nate laughed. ”I mean the event. I’m so used to being apart of the security detail, I don’t usually get to sit and relax and…” He motioned to the plate, ”...eat. Like you said earlier. Events aren’t about fun for me. Its stressful work keeping your brother out of trouble.” Chris laughed really hard at that. ”Tell me about it.” Nate laughed again. ”But I’m serious. It can be difficult keeping you both safe.” Chris didn’t respond to that, heart beating a little faster than normal. She just focused on her food.

”Oh s**t! I almost forgot!.” Nate stood up quickly and started to hurry towards the door but stopped and looked back, feeling bad to just leave Chris. She waved her hand. ”I know. Go. I’ll be inside in a few.” He smiled and nodded, taking off to take care of the one other thing Topher had planned for the night. Once he was out of sight, Chris exhaled and smiled softly. It was that fuzzy feeling that started in her chest and expanded outwards. She’d felt it before, technically several times over, but this one was all hers.

She finished her plate and took it inside to the kitchens. By the time she made it back to the ballroom, Topher and Tonya were just finishing their dance. She was able to slip back in unnoticed, clapping as if she had been here the whole time. She made her way back to the table same as them, congratulating them on a job well done, even if she missed the whole thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:57 pm
[[Toby Age: 13, just passed the tests required to time travel alone]]
Toby was excited, annoyed, agitated and well everything at once. He wasn’t sure how his body was handling all the emotions at once without throwing him through some kind of loop or emotional outburst at someone. He had finally passed through all the tests before Grandma would allow them to time travel solo. Not only that but just minutes ago their computers detected a time rift of the sorts and Aunt Chris decided to let him go. She already marked him solo, knowing he’d be able to go by himself today. Of course she’d know, though she’d never tell him that. ”God damn it.” He hated clairvoyance in that way. Some were always wanting to tell your future in this time, though his family just kept their mouths shut about it.

He walked into the time travel room, sure they could travel wherever they were in a emergency but in mission status they had to report in so that the operator could verify that you left and when you got back. Of course Toni was there, most of the time her research besides the tech stuff was along the side of Genny’s, doing history stuff. She pulled up the diagram of the location and timeframe. ”Looks like its just in the frame of after that Maxwell incident.” She shot him a look and he nodded, knowing he’d need to be careful if any Maxwell’s did pop up. There hadn’t been reports since dad killed them all off, rather violently too from the rumors. ”The coordinates aren’t the house but they are close, which I find just too odd. The building is listed under ownership of some weird military foundation.”

Toby nodded, ”What caused the scanners to go nuts?” ”Oddly, residual time tech to what we use, we’re not sure which yet since the signature is in literally everything we use.” Toby frowned at that, that couldn’t be right. ”I know, but that’s all the info we could get.” She gave him their usual travel setup. Though this time traveling alone he got the weapon, since he’d be a “senior officer.” He had practiced enough with it since it was one of his father and aunts designs. It was a weapon that could short out time tech as well as some psychic abilities. Normally they’d get a regular hand gun as well but this mission was deemed low priority and Aunt Chris didn’t see any physical harm so didn’t see the need for it.

”Nervous?” ”Duh…” ”You’ll be fine, this is what you’re training for.” Toni gave him a hug and headed back to the command desk. ”Ready when you are.” ”Ready, inputing time and coordinates.” Toby used their, well it was pretty much a smartphone device they developed that allowed them to control the time travel a lot easier than before. When they first got it you had to think about it, with their tech it could be very precise. With that he was gone. Toni jumped as the door to the room burst open after it unlocked. ”God damn it I’m too, late.” ”Gramps? What the hell… wait what are you talking about?” ”Uncle Frederick rented that building for me as a lab so I wouldn’t blow up the house. I was going to tell Toby to not shoot me, that gun gave me a god damn migraine for a week.” ”GRAMPS!”
--
[[shortly after the Maxwell incident, normal timeline]]

Jack had been rather moody after Topher had roughly read his mind. He had tried meditating in the Dojo on their little complex of land but nothing seemed to help. He did talk with Chris almost every day since to try to help her and get her out of her little bubble as well. He figured since he as well had to deal with Maxwell being in his head he probably had better understanding to what she was going through. At first though she seemed to avoid him so he let her. Though after a while he stopped letting her, knowing what it was about since the blunt force reading and told her flat out that he was who he had always been. His moodiness also got on Jenny’s nerves so after a while he started going to the little lab that Frederick had set up for him. He used to tinker at home but after a few incidences of nearly blowing up the basement Jenny TOLD him to stop.

He couldn’t help it. His mother was an engineer before she passed so she was always designing stuff. His father as well, helped design stuff for the military if he recalled though his skills weren’t as vast as his mother’s. In fact she was from time to time called in to help them. Jack was going for a engineering degree in college when he met Jenny and then everything went literally to s**t when Lexa popped him back into time when his parent’s were killed. He couldn’t really blame her though, that was Maxwell’s doing. She wanted to try to stop it, for some reason, though it seemed that some force kept her at bay or no matter what they did it still happened. ”Rules.” Jack had been in his lab, a little office building that wasn’t too far from their house and heard the annoying pop in the distance of a time travel. He turned to see who it was but in this area it was so vast that he couldn’t.

”You’re not invited, get out.” He went back to doing what he was doing and heard rustling noised and something behind him fell over. ”God damn I said to get the ******** out.” He got up and walked to the area where the machinery had fallen. This tech was somewhat hard to deal with so he didn’t want anything broken. A boy was there, no, someone familiar.

Toby had been hit in the head as he knocked something over and could barely see. ”Augh…” Whatever it had been was heavy enough to knock his equilibrium out. He heard someone coming towards him and then saw a blur. ”What are you…” Toby shot the man, his first instinct but then the recognition of the voice hit him and he just stood there as his vision cleared and he saw their younger Gramps. ”s**t…” Toby put the gun back in its holster and rushed over to where Jack was starting to get back up. ”Jesus Christ. Toby? What did you shoot me with?” ”Phase gun of sorts, knocks out time tech and some psychic powers.” ”That’s why I feel nauseous.” ”Probably, I’m sorry, Auntie Chris is going to kill me.” ”No, she saw this already most likely and wanted to have a good laugh.” ”Why though? This gun will make you feel like utter crap for a while.” ”Hence the migraine suddenly?” ”Yeah sorry.” ”Stop saying that, at least it wasn’t an actual gun with a bullet. So why are you here?”

Jack managed to get up and steady himself. ”We have computers that detect time tech and ours picked up one being invented at this location and time.” ”I’m working on it right now.” Toby blinked and nearly laughed but then looked around, his grandfather was indeed alone. ”To… Your father dived into my memories rather roughly recently. So I recalled seeing a watch gizmo on Lexa, and then you. Yeah that one.” Toby had lifted his arm up to stare at said watch. ”This tells us the timeline, how many copies of us are possibly here and or origination timeline. We did some fact searching and found that, well. In the Maxwell incident you just had, the Main one was a little off balance because he had pulled so many copies of himself over HIMSELF into one location. That’s bad. We’ve done other research too, we go through tests ourselves I had five copies of myself from within a few seconds in one room. Had a migraine for a few days after from the feedback loop of dealing with that.”

Jack nodded, ”Makes sense. I didn’t deal with that Maxwell myself, and from what I can get Topher to tell me, he was a little off balance more so than any other.” ”He still doesn’t talk about it much but yeah. Genny observed it from afar researching Great-Grandma Ciara and she said that that Maxwell WAS quite literally beyond insane, even she didn’t want to talk about what she saw dad do when she got back.” Jack blinked at the name, he hadn’t met Genny but then there was much in the future that he still didn’t know. Then he noted about hearing what Topher did and sighed. Well great, Topher was going to have some kind of PTSD from that most likely and they’d have to deal with. He was sure Chris would tell them if she saw anything.

Jack came to his work bench and motioned Toby over. ”This is just a prototype I’m guessing since the one you have seems a bit more fancier but I figured that having something of the likes would help out with time travel.” Toby looked at it in awe and then looked around at some of the other stuff noting some of the stuff in current process. ”THAT’S YOURS AS WELL?!” Toby nearly shouted as he went over to one of the machines that was a bigger version of their scanner. ”When you go back, look at the patents on the tech you use, I’m guessing that probably more than half them are from me, your father and aunt Chris, or your Grandmother. Our family has IQs that’d make Ivy League professors cry. Sadly your father doesn’t use his mentally, he’s more hands on. Chris though will.” ”Oh she becomes a Judge, very well liked and sought out for advice, most likely to become a what you call it…” ”Supreme Court Justice?” ”Yeah that.” ”Seems likely, with Jenny’s political background and Chris’ patience with school she’ll be able to do it if she wants to.”

”Well sorry for shooting you, there isn’t much to give you, just take whatever you would for headaches, you’ll probably have it for a while.” ”Its fine, shoot your aunt for me when you get back.” Toby visibly blanched at the idea. ”I’m kidding, she’d see it coming and you’d be tackled by security or whoever from a mile away before you even get a chance to.” ”And then Toni will put me in the box…” He frowned and sighed at the thought. ”Box?” ”More of a small room, but we call it the box, it stops time tech, so we can’t get out. Pretty much punishment for when we’re in deep s**t.” ”Ah. Well tell them all is fine nothing being made that will screw up time since its being made in the family that will control the tech anyway.” ”Will do. Later.” Toby gave Jack a hug and pulled something out and with that he was gone.  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:04 pm
Chris was leaning against the gate, arms crossed. She’d only been there a couple of minutes, waiting for a car to pull into the driveway. It might have seemed odd to anyone who passed the drive that she was standing there in her full business suit but no other cars passed by. When the car did pull into the drive and stopped to wait for the gate to open, she opened the back door and slid in the car, face completely serious. She didn’t speak for a few moments and the tension in the car was heavy. Her emotions were hard to read but it was easy to tell she was unhappy. Upset and pissed were also likely.

When she did speak, she was all business, none of the excitement she would normally have upon seeing her brother. ”I swear to god Topher. You have to make things more difficult than they should be.” He started to make a joke, a comment about how she was becoming mom but she stopped him. ”Christopher stop. I’m not your ******** babysitter. Its not my job to make sure you are okay. I do it because I love you. But there are others in this family beside me Topher. Just because I happen to know the future does not mean you can go off an do whatever the ******** you want just because you think you can. Your ******** wife deserves to know that you are going out to risk your life doing whatever the ******** it is you do. Especially if it is going to endanger the rest of your family too. Because as I’ve recently been reminded, I don’t know everything Topher. And you aren’t invincible.”

She huffed. She wasn’t done by any means but she needed a moment to collect her emotions. ”Speaking of your family, when you go in there don’t you dare ******** this up. Your daughter is scared, not just of how you are going to react but just about the whole thing in general. It sucks you had to find out this way but she literally just found out before you left. And you have to remember Topher, you haven’t been here. You don’t have the right to be upset at them for keeping secrets when you’ve been doing the same thing to them. What Toni needs right now is her father. Not a lecture, not protection. Comfort. Whatever anger you have and how much you want to kick her boyfriends a** does not matter right now. He doesn’t even know yet. Give him a chance, he’s a good kid. They made a mistake they will have to live with so they don’t need your anger giving them more guilt than they already have.” The car had stopped in front of the building during her rant and now she took the time to get out of the car. She wasn’t done but she didn’t have too much left to say.

”Go spend time with your family Topher. I’m not going with you to keep you calm through it either. You have to do all of that on your own. But keep in mind the things I’ve said. Take your time, but when you are done there will be a debriefing in my office. We have a problem we need to discuss.” And with that last sentence she walked inside with a wave. Sure she was glad her brother was back but now wasn’t the time for that. They had something more pressing to deal with first.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:38 pm
Salem cursed and groaned as he popped back into normal time. ”Damn it…SEND ME BACK!” He looked up and glared. Of course it was Uncle Toby, Lexa wouldn’t force him back like that, well she would but not that violently. ”No. One, you weren’t on a scheduled jump, two, you’re helping when you shouldn’t. AND THREE… we don’t need TWO high level telepaths in ONE ******** CITY SALEM.” Toby came around the control panel and glared down at him. Salem still hadn’t stood up fully yet, the jump back had took a bit out of him and well the suit had stunned him so bad that he couldn’t stand anyway. ”We have rules for a reason.” It would’ve hurt more but through the suit Salem barely felt it though the force of it sent back down.

”TOBY! Salem gritted his teeth and was about to get up but was stopped when the suit froze him again. ”Augh…” ”TOBY STOP!” Toby turned as Toni and Kaleb walked in followed closely by their father, oh joy. ”He needs to learn, AND YOU, NEED TO STOP PUTTING HIM UP TO THIS!” Toby threw something at Topher who simply caught in mid air with telekinesis and just stared at Toby. ”Calm your s**t Toby.” Toni walked right up to Toby and slapped him so hard that everything went quiet instantly. At least the pain from the suit stopped, apparently mom had gotten the control from him when she did that. ”Salem, get out of that thing, are you ok.” ”I will be…” Being blood related and her son she probably felt everything he did with her empathy even though it wasn’t as high as Aunt Chris’ which is probably why she knew something was wrong.

Toby gritted his teeth and was about to throw curses at Topher but stopped. ”Toby, go meditate, run, do something, no harm was done.” ”YOU, were supposed to test that pill here, in a controlled environment, not in the past.” ”Had I not gotten that pill I probably would’ve been captured and tortured or killed, you really want that?” Topher pointed at the door and just stood there glaring at Toby. ”You ruined any chances of the family traveling you ********> ”Mizuki, OUR name is known its hard to travel being in this family without causing any problems to begin with, now go.” Salem was out of the suit by now as Saline rushed in through the door past a cursing Uncle Toby and hugged him. She had the Empath ability too so knew something was up as well. ”I’m fine, I’m fine…”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:09 pm
Chris is away at law school and her first day is less than ideal.
Chris flopped down on her bed and buried her face in her pillows, muffling a frustrated sigh. Today wasn’t the official first day of class so Chris had gone to familiarize herself with the campus and the locations of classes before they started tomorrow. She had expected this transition to be difficult, but this was beyond ridiculous.

She pulled out her phone and scrolled through her contacts, finger hovering over her brothers name. What was Topher doing right now? Probably working if she had to guess. She sighed and scrolled the opposite direction to Nate’s name instead. No reason to bother Topher with her mundane problem while he was working. Knowing him he’d want to come up to help and make it worse. Better not. Really she just wanted to hear a familiar voice from back home. She tapped his name and put the phone up to her ear. Maybe he didn’t want to talk to her. Maybe he was busy. May…

“Chris? Is something wrong?” Her breath caught in her throat. Though she still hadn’t told him how she felt because she didn’t want to influence his feelings in anyway, just hearing his concerned voice did a number on her heart.

“Uh Yea. Of course it is. Why would you think something is wrong?”

“Well you never call me unless something is up. Usually related to Topher. Is he okay? Even far away you still know first…”

“Nate, Topher is fine… I mean as far as I know. Do I really only call you if there’s a problem.” Nate seemed to pause at the question for a moment.

“Mostly. So if its not Topher…”

“Nate… stop. Wait what are you doing right now anyway?”

“I’m sitting at home in my pjs watching tv… why is this relevant?” Chris giggled. Such a mundane activity. What a weirdo.

“Chris you are acting funny. Are you sure everything is okay?” And there was his impeccable sense of Emotion. As much as he insisted he was a Normie, Chris knew he had low level Empathy. His mom had low level Clairvoyance and her sister was Tonya’s mom so it all made sense. She knew he had been tested once when he was younger but because Empathy wasn’t a category yet, they labeled him a Normie and he never felt the need to go back and check again. It also explained some of his nervousness around her. Unsure of how to approach because he could never exactly tell what she was feeling or thinking. Too adorable in her opinion.

She sighed. “Everything is okay. I just wanted to hear a familiar, friendly voice is all.” She couldn’t keep the emotion out of her voice this time. Being away from home wasn’t really an issue, she missed her family sure but she wasn’t homesick or anything. “I… I didn’t expect… Its bad Nate.” She finally confessed.

“What’s bad? Do you need us to come get you?”

“No no! Nothing like that! It's just that 99% of people here are Normies Nate. And not the friendly kind like you, Matt and Aurelia. I knew they would have heard rumors I was coming to school here but I guess I didn’t anticipate the reaction. Luckily I have good practice dodging things people like to throw.” And this wasn’t even the first day of class. Tomorrow was probably going to be worse. She sighed.

“Yikes... Are you sure you don’t want us to come up there? Pretty sure your mom will throw a fit at the school if she finds out.” Chris shook her head, knowing Nate couldn’t see it.

“No, I don’t even think she needs to know. This isn’t her fight. It’s the reality out here away from our little bubble. She doesn’t need to concern herself with it.”

She heard Nate sigh and she could tell he disagreed on some level. But this was her moment. She didn’t need her mother or brother to fight her fights for her. She wasn’t going to let it bother her.

“Is that why you called me instead of Topher? You don’t want him involved.” Chris frowned. He made it sound like she didn’t really want to talk with him.

“Partially. I don’t really want him involved. You know as well as I do, he’ll insist on coming up here and waving his badge and gun around like a lunatic. And then people will be reminded that my brother is ******** insane and I’d rather not. But I also just wanted to hear your voice. Everything is so new and different, I wanted to hear someone familiar.”

“Oh.”

Chris wasn’t sure exactly how to take that. Short answers like that didn’t give here enough to work with over the phone. And it wasn’t like she could use her Empathy over such a large distance. Why was this so difficult…

“You got this Chris. I want you to know that. We are all rooting for you over here. I know your family feels the same way. Be strong and prove them all wrong. And like always, if you ever need anything you can call me. I may be your brother’s previous bodyguard, but we are still friends right?”

Chris laughed a bit. “Of course.” She wanted to add more but held off. “Thank you Nate. I appreciate it a whole lot. And you are right. I do have this. I just needed a little reminder. Thanks.”

“Don’t be a stranger.”

“Bye Nate.”

“Good bye Chris.”

Click  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:12 pm
Chris is away at law school and her first day is less than ideal. Part 2

Chris knew her strengths and weaknesses by now. One of those weaknesses being early mornings. Unfortunately no matter how she tried to schedule her classes, she still had one ******** 8am. Of course that was her first class of the new semester as well. Luckily she prepped well in advance to make sure she could get to class on time. First class of the first day. There was no way she was going to be late. At least that was the plan.

She started out well enough, only needing four alarms to get her moving about the apartment. However Auto Chris still wasn’t quite familiar with the layout of her new home and thus some of the careful planning Chris did the night before was wasted. Still she didn’t make it out of the apartment much later than expected. And navigating her way to school was semi decent as she’d made sure to completely drink one whole cup of coffee and take the second with her on her trip to school. And she was almost done with the second by the time she got off the bus just in front of the school. However she didn’t anticipate the crowd of people both student and other who were waiting on campus for her. Some had signs (“High level psychics don’t belong here.” and other unpleasant things) which she mostly ignored. The shouting was new from yesterday but luckily it didn’t look like anyone had anything to throw today. She almost thought she was going to pass by without being noticed but with her bright red hair and recognizable face, it didn’t surprise her when that didn’t happen.

“Christine Mizuki! My newest friend.” She sidestepped the boy that shouted her name as he tried to put his arm around her shoulder. “Oh I see that must be that A rank Clairvoyance at work boys. Look at this little mouse, thinking she can just waltz in here with her mother’s influence and money.” Chris had been ignoring him and walking with purpose to class but she stopped abruptly and he almost tripped into her.

“Actually its S rank. And I used my brain and my own money to get here. Please do some research if you are going to try to insult me. I would rather not have to waste my time.” She held tighter to the book in her hand. “I didn’t use my ability to dodge you either, you are just too easy to predict. And if you would please, its Chris, not Christine.” She started walking again and she could hear him rush to catch up to her and one of the boys he was with say, “Josh, please let's just get to class.” She smirked, knowing she’d hit a nerve. He’d probably never been talked to like that before and as much as Chris wasn’t a fan of pissing off people on the first day of school, she wasn’t about to let them try to walk all over her either.

“No, if this b***h thinks she can say those things and get away with it, she’s got another thing coming.” Oh here it was, he was feeling threatened by her. She sidestepped him again as he tried to attack her from behind, tripping him in the process. “Sorry, I’ve got class to get to.” She stuck out her tongue and started to walk away only to get her way blocked by what she could only assume was a teacher.

“I see you are already causing trouble, Ms. Mizuki.” Chris narrowed her gaze. Of course most of the teachers were also f*cking Normies who would take the other Normie’s side. Even when this wasn’t her fault. “Yea Professor Morris, did you see what she just did. She tripped me on purpose.” Chris held her blank expression. It was mostly true, but only after he’d tried to attack her. Still, she was pretty sure the teacher wouldn’t care.

“Not going to defend yourself?” Professor Morris questioned her. “There is nothing to defend sir. You were watching us long enough to see the whole encounter. If you believe I did something wrong, by all means let the boy file a report with the campus police and let the disciplinary committee deal with it. If not, I really was trying not to be late to my first class Professor…” She stared up at him, expression unchanging. She wasn’t about to be intimidated by any of these Normies. They were all very aware of her abilities and her mother.

“Very well then, Ms. Mizuki, hurry off to class. Mr. Edwards, we need to have a word.” Chris exhaled a breath she didn’t realize she was holding and rushed off to the sound of her new friend Josh cursing up a storm. Finally a small victory.

Luckily the rest of the way to class she wasn’t interrupted but she was a couple of minutes late, which meant everyone in class got to glare at her all at once instead of one at a time. She sighed and took the only open seat in the back. She expected this was only going to get worse for the next week or so. And then again after the first major test. But she knew it would level out eventually. Deep breaths and just take everything one day at a time.

Even with that mishap earlier in the day, Chris got through her three classes without issue. She was getting her stuff together to leave after class when she heard an oh so familiar voice. She was hoping that ignoring him would make him go away but of course she wouldn’t be that lucky. She carefully stuck her things in her bag being very deliberate with her movements so no one could say she did something she hadn’t done.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t Christine again. Look at that, we even have a class together.” She didn’t have to look at him to know he was smirking. She took a deep breath to calm herself. This boy was really going to get on her nerves already and now that she knew they had a class together, she already knew it wasn’t going to get much better. Don’t give anyone a reason to think anything is wrong. Nor was she going to give him a reason to try and fight her again.

“You know it's impolite to ignore someone who is talking to you. Didn’t your mother teach you manners.”

“I know it's impolite to bother someone who doesn’t want to speak with you, Joshua…” Chris looked over at the owner of the new voice. There was a female leaning against a nearby desk with an annoyed look on her face. “Leave the girl alone Josh, none of your stupid pick up lines are worth it.”

“Kensie, you know who this is right? Its…”

“I don’t give a ******** who it is Josh. You are bothering me now. ******** off.” He seemed to deflate after that remark and shuffled out the door in a huff. The girl stood and walked over to where Chris was rising from her desk.

“Thanks, but I could have taken care of that myself you know…”

“Oh I’m very aware. I’m not stupid. Everyone here probably knows who you are. But I hate Joshua so it all works out. Kensie. Kensie Avens.” Chris shook her hand.

“Chris Mizuki. Please for the love of all that is holy, do not call me Christine.”

“Noted. Well I’m headed to the caf for lunch. Wanna come with?” Chris took a moment to check her phone. Nothing exciting was happening and it was the first day so she didn’t have to do homework right away…

“Sure. That is if you don’t mind the mild harassment for hanging out with me.” Kensie smiled a grin Chris had mostly seen Aurelia wear.

“Bring it on.”  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:25 am
((Possibly))

”Topher…CHRISTOPHER! Tonya snapped her fingers and sent a small kinetic snap at his face to get his attention. They had been sitting in his car at Chris’ school for a while now. Topher flinched as the snap hit him and looked over. ”You’re doing that spacing out thing again, that’s like the fourth time today, what the hell is wrong?” Topher just stared for a moment then just flung his right hand out in a what the ******** motion. ”You can’t just expect me to act normal after dropping “Oh by the way I’m pregnant” on me this morning.” Tonya just shrugged, ”I figured you’d freak out but this… this is something else, what else is going on?” Topher just stared out the window and phased out again until Tonya snapped at him with a kinetic snap. ”Stop that.” Tonya pulled his face to hers and stared him directly in the eyes, she could see his emotions going out of control at the moment, his eyes had a dull glow to them. ”Calm down and talk to me. What has you all in a mess, and why are we at Chris’ school?”

Topher thought about it for a minute and took a deep breath trying to relax himself. ”Just… that news reminded me I haven’t talked to Chris in a while. And no I don’t want to call her, it isn’t the same we have this connection and I’m just, was fine until this morning now I need to see her and talk to her.” Tonya smiled and then smirked, ”Are you admitting that you miss your sister?’ Topher glared then sighed after Tonya kept glaring right back at him. She was in ways his work psychiatrist, so he had to give in to her ways. ”Yes… though if you tell her that I’ll deny every bit of it.” ”Good. Though I still don’t understand why you’re in such a twist about it.” Topher squirmed a bit and went to hit the steering wheel but Tonya grabbed his arm and glared at him. ”From a medical view this meltdown isn’t looking good, so what the actual f*ck Topher?” Topher squirmed a bit and looked out the window until Tonya grabbed his face and pulled his attention back to her glaring at him. ”Twins…” ”Excuse me?” ”You… we… whatever, twins, that’s why I was thrown about and needed to come to Chris.” ”She told you?”

Topher laughed and began to actually cry about the memory of it. Tonya just glared and jabbed him, ”OW! No… I wish. It’s complicated…” ”Explain or I’m calling your mother and telling her I’m pregnant.” ”Oh do please, I’m sure she’ll be happy about it and not phased at all.” ”Then I’ll call my mother…” Topher winced and put up his hands in a surrender motion and stared out the window again. Tonya pulled out her phone and unlocked It so it made a noise which Topher turned at and scowled. ”Ugh fine. Just give me a second to get my head in order.” ”That would be a miracle.” Topher flipped her off then thought for a bit then shrugged and sighed. ”I’ve met both of them already, that’s how I know they’re twins.” ’Pardon?” ”So none of this can be official you cant put this in any report. I’m telling you so you know so when I do propose and we get married it wont smack you out of the blue.” ”Keep going.” ”My dad, yes Jack, invented a device that can time travel. Yes he plays dumb for the press and you know that he can actually do things that are not the norm for his usual Mask so to say. So yeah I’ve met our kids already. Yes its as f*cked up as it sounds I had a hard time dealing with it but they haven’t popped back in lately so I’ve been ok with it.”

”Time travel…” Topher nodded. ”Your dad invented it, and you’ve met our kids, who are twins, already.” He nodded again. ”So why are you freaking out about it?” Topher stared at her confused, was she really going to accept it that easily? Tonya smirked, ”Nate sent me this bizarre text about losing a toy and getting it back suddenly that you were an a*shole and time travel sucked. I had no idea what he was talking about until now. Your family is weird, so it’s expected.” ”MY FAMILY IS WEIRD?”! Tonya laughed and kissed him on the cheek. ”Topher you think my family is weird just because you’re used to a SMALL family. I’m sure if we brought Chris to one of the gatherings she’d love it. You just pout.” ”No booze, no telepathy, you try it, it’s hard to control when I get bored.” Tonya scowled at him, ”Now your being mean, calling my family boring.”

Both of them jumped as someone tapped on the window on Topher’s side and Topher looked up to see a glaring Nate. ”Speaking of your family.” He rolled down the window and Nate still glared but waved at Tonya but went back to glaring at Topher. ”What the hell exactly are you doing here?” ”I…” Topher started but Tonya reached over and smacked him and leaned over him to talk to Nate. ”Topher missed his sister, isn’t that nice?” ”I’m so goi…” Topher started under his breath but Tonya kissed him. Nate just gagged, he was still getting used to them dating, Topher wondered what Nate’s reaction would be to finding out Tonya was pregnant he got a sharp “Don’t you dare” look from Tonya. ”You’re making a scene, but I think that was your point, your Unmarked car is completely obvious.” Topher looked around, there was a little gathering but not as large as he had hoped for. That was part of the reason for coming, he wanted people to know that messing with Chris would result in him coming there. Tonya glanced up and smiled but then frowned, ”Hey, here comes Chris, and she doesn’t look happy.”  
Out Of Cookies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff