[PRP] What is family?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:11 pm
Sometime mid flight, Nara had materialized back into her cub form. Her paws clung to Griffith's mane, as her eyes drooped, falling asleep on the ride. It was only when he landed did she awaken, looking around at the small den.

"Is this it?" The young goddess asked, sliding down the front of Griffith to get a better look. It was a cozy fit for the two of them.

"Have you been here before? It's away from others...right?" It wasn't to say she didn't trust mortals. But most of them seemed to be worse than the gods she had met. Were all non-gods like that once they hit adulthood? Would Aldan turn out that way too?

Nara frowned as the thoughts entered her mind, before heading over to Griffith, and curling into his side. Nice and cozy.

"How did you know Judeau?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been a mercifully uneventful and peaceful flight, the little goddess having slept a large part of the journey. It was relief that Griffith spotted the cave below, gliding toward the ground to land gingerly on injured and tired paws. A rest was seeming a wonderful idea right then.

"Yes, we will be safe here."

A reassuring smile to Nara, the god circled in the den, settling to lay on the stone floor of the den, a soft purr as she curled against him. It was a secluded cave, surrounded by rocky terrain, the elevation higher than most mortal predators would venture, though they might perhaps spot a mountain goat or two.

Griffith thought about the question for a moment, debating how he should answer. If Judeau had chosen to hide as a raven, Griffith could not reveal the truth of his identity, even to another deity.

"How well do you know him?"

Did she already know he was a god as well? Did Judeau know who she was?

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:16 am
The little goddess felt herself shrugging at the other’s question. She really didn’t know him all that well. She had only met him maybe twice?

“Umm… I know he is like us?” Nara started. “A god, I mean. Though, I don’t know what his domain is.” Did he ever tell her during their short meetings? “I know he has a broken horn,” she shrugged lightly, not knowing how much detail she needed to go for. “He…has a brother Van? Who kind of looks like him.” Fidelity never put two and two together to think the two were twins. She hadn’t seen a twins before.

“Other than that…I don’t know much about him? Oh.” She said after a moment. “He kept calling me a name…What was it…?” She paused, thinking. “Gwen? He said I was his sister.” Nara shook her head. “But I don’t have a family.” In her short life she hadn’t known if she had parents or siblings. She didn’t remember anything prior to her landing in the Stormborn lands.

“Why don’t I have one?” Nara asked curiously towards the male. “Fealty had a mom and dad, and siblings. Judeau said Van was his brother (or maybe Van said Judeau was HIS brother.)” Nara contemplated.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:30 am
Griffith sighed quietly as he listened to the little goddess speak, silently removing the gauntlets from his forepaws and setting them aside before lowering his head to rest on his uninjured paw.

"Judeau, he is my youngest son, he and his brother Van. Please do not think to harshly of him, I'm afraid my poor son has not had the easiest time since he left the haven."

The god of balance had not seen his son's true form since the days of his son's youth, since before his world had been shattered. Griffith did not know in full what had happened, only that it had devastated the young god and broken his spirit, sending him into hiding in the guise of a raven. Nara may have been the only one that had seen his true form since that day. Griffith could only imagine what must have happened to break his son's horn.

The question brought a look of sadness to the god's eyes. Oh little one, you do have family, more than you know. How was he to answer that?

"Are you sure you have no family? Some gods, like Judeau and Van, they are born to their family, maybe they are lucky in that. But then there are those, like you and me, we must find our family, but the bond we find is as strong as theirs, sometimes stronger. Just because you are not born to a family, does not mean you do not have one. Family is in the bond we share, not the blood."

His head lowered, nuzzling against his little one, he will always be there for you.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:25 am
“This was the first time I have seen him in a while.” It felt like ages since Judeau had made it known what he was to the small eaglet, even though a decent amount of time had passed. “He definitely seems…different than before. Maybe he was just having a bad day?” Nara offered. Or, maybe the time Judeau was spending with the other was doing him good. Regardless, Nara felt herself shrugging slightly, not dwelling too much on the raven.

At his next question however, she glanced at the older male. “Pretty sure I don’t have one.” Her dark blue eyes turned away from the other. “I mean… If I did, or if I do…they haven’t found me yet. Wouldn’t I remember them?” She questioned. She was still young, and her mind did not fully comprehend the concept of births and rebirths. Was it possible for something to just appear into existence? That seemed to be the case for Nara, and Griffith by his words.

If family was by bond, not blood, then perhaps Nara did have one. Sitiri and Gaius were her first thoughts. In extension to Gaius, Feathers would be included in that. Even Griffith, for that matter.

“Can you still call family like…like those born into it? I mean…can you call someone who isn’t your mom ‘mom’, or someone who isn’t your dad ‘dad’, with they really aren’t them?” Nara asked as Griffith nuzzled her. A small purr rumbled through her form at his action, as she rested her head on his side.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:04 pm
"Perhaps he was. He did seem less grumpy than the last time I saw him."

Griffith smiled to himself, it did seem Judeau had found a good friend. And though he did not know much about the dark lion, Griffith was pleased to see his son beginning to trust again.

"Of course you can, little one. A parent and child are not always related by blood. A family can be formed through adoption as well as by birth."

The god smiled, his wings lowering to rest, one feathered limb settling over the small goddess like a blanket. In another lifetime, she had called him father and he had called her his daughter. Even in this life, though the blood was no longer there, Griffith would always see her as his daughter even if she did not remember.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:50 pm
Amon Larethian

"When was the last time you saw him? Do you know what caused him to be that way?" Nara asked. Judeau hadn't told her his past, nor did Van (though she was unsure if the latter knew what happened to the gray deity).

She nodded at his next statement, pondering a thought.

Nara snuggled closer towards Griffith, using the wing as a blanket. She definitely enjoyed the time she spent with the god of balance. Part of her did not want to return to the cavernous lands of the quartz pride if he wasn't going with her. Though, she knew she needed to return there so the others wouldn't worry.

"Van is pretty nice. Are they your only children?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:31 pm
"It has been a while since I saw him, I am glad to see he is doing better. I do not know exactly what happened, but I do know he was badly hurt. He is still healing from the scars, he will talk about it when he is ready."

Griffith would have taken the little goddess wherever she wished to go. He would sweep her away to whatever distant land she chose, so long as he meant he could stay by her side. Even when he at last brought her home to the gem pride, he would never be far away.

"Van has always been a happy kind soul, it is in his nature. I have other children, most of them are grown and I do not see them so often as I would like."

They all had their own lives and had gone their own ways, but they would always be his children. Even when they started new lives and no longer remembered him, he would always remember them.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:41 pm
Amon Larethian

Nara yawned, her eyes closing as she listened to Griffith. "Mmm that's nice," she said as she snuggled closer. "Maybe one day I can meet them..." she said in reference to his other children. Her ear pressed against his chest, listening to the soothing sound of his heartbeat. That, mixed with the warmth of his body heat, and the extra softness of the god's dual wings, Nara felt herself drifting to sleep.

"Goodnight...dad" she murmured quietly, finding herself falling asleep against the other. It was beginning more and more of a habit for her to fall asleep against the other.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:53 pm
"Maybe you will."

Words could not have described the joyous smile that spread across his maw as his little one called him 'dad'. A soft purr rumbled through his chest as he nuzzled the top of her head, curling around her before laying his head to rest on one forepaw.

"Goodnight, little one, sleep well."

He would watch over her for a while longer, holding each moment close, before his eyes would close at last and he would drift into his own peaceful sleep.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas