Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:53 pm
User Image

Orm had the misfortune of having to play baby sister for two of his younger siblings a few times too many and now he was doing his best to avoid adults so he wouldn't be asked to such degrading work. Now that he was on the eve of his adult hood he was thinking about more important things such as going out on his first viking and proving himself worthy of the title of Reaver. There was nothing the dark male wanted more than to hold the title of Reaver and possibly captain one day. As Tanaka's son he was sure his father would expect nothing less than for him to be a great viking and cause as much conflict as he could with in the realm of mortals.

So, today, he could be found on the beaches on the border of the pride stalking. He was going to stop the next viking party that came his way and demand they take him with them so that he could earn such an honor as to be declared fit for the pride. The god blood of conflict with in his veins demanded this of him.

Sure, he could ask his older brother, but he didn't really want to. Ushma had always said her first litter of cubs were inferior to the three she had with a god. Their blood was stronger and had more iron in it than that of a cub from a ghost. Though, maybe he would ask his older brother if no one else would take him. He'd at least obtained the honor of becoming a Reaver.

That afternoon was quiet and long with no foot traffic passing through all to Orms disappointment. He had waited and waited but no group of vikings today would pass.

The freshly adolescent lion was not about to give up though. If not today then tomorrow or the next day or the day after that. Orm was ready.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:52 pm
User Image

Hila found herself back on the beach, enjoying the sound of the waves crashing against the shore. She was feeling particularly mellow - maybe even a little smug, having just gotten back from her first time a-Viking.

Spotting a familiar dark-pelted lion a little farther down the beach, she made her way toward her sibling, a smirky-grin on her face. She briefly contemplated stalking him, for nostalgia, but opted for maturity. (Was it really maturity if you praised yourself silently for your restraint?)

Maturity didn't eliminate her curiosity, though. "What brings you out this way, brother?" She asked, raising an eyebrow - there was no need for formality with siblings after all, was there?

Alpaca Chobi

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:13 pm
Vashtya

Of course when some one finally crossed his path it would not be a viking party but instead his sister. To be fair, Orm was not fully disappointed by this but he wasn't leaping for joy either. He gave his sister a curt nod of acknowledgement and padded towards her direction.

"Hila... I wasn't expecting it to be you...." It would now be obvious that he was on these beaches waiting for someone or something or some kind of event. "Usually Reavers travel these beaches.." This was simply muttered under his breath but he was not annoyed with sisters presence. He took a seat feeling that it may be a lost cause to hope for any Viking party to happen upon these beaches.

"What brings you to these beaches of all beaches today? I've shared my goals so ..... ?" He had no idea his sister had obtained what it was that he sought.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:24 am
Hila's grin widened further at his response, taking on a very cat-who-just-ate-the-canary slant. There wasn't much more satisfying than knowing one was able to one-up a sibling, after all...especially when you were as competitive as she was.

"I like the sound of the waves - and occasionally, I even find a suitable shell or two," she began - both true, as far as things went. Sinking back onto her own haunches next to her sibling, she batted his shoulder lightly - her own method of expressing affection tending toward casual physical gestures, rather than overt behavior or words.

"And I did just get back from my own first trip a-viking, and thought it might be a way to kill two birds with one stone - get a bit of a rest, and also, with a little luck, find a shell or two worth carving, or making a few beads from."

Her tone was deceptively casual, although if her brother was paying attention, he might notice a mischievious gleam in her eye - to be fair, her desire to go out reaving was not, in any capacity due to a desire to show up her sibling - but that didn't negate the satisfaction she felt by having gotten to do it first.

Alpaca Chobi

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:58 pm
Vashtya

Orm couldn't hide the jealousy from his features. Stormborn weren't so good with being so tactful with their emotions or being aware how their negative feelings may effect another as their culture was one that valued strength and pillaging and not one that favored always getting along or being held accountable for ones feelings. Orm was not angry but he was annoyed to hear this news that his sister had beaten him to the honor of becoming a viking. Jealousy spat out before he could really think about what he wanted to say.

"What you guys do? Steal from a bunch of cubs. Like hell you went on a viking," Orm growled at his sister feeling the twist in his heart that was jealousy. "I want to go on a real viking where we take some prisoners and fight some brutes," This was all ego talking as he continued on trying to say things that made him self feel bigger. If he had been a lion born in a different pride it was possible he'd feel guilt for how he was speaking now but he was a Stormborn and this was how they acted and talked to each other. Feelings weren't something they sorted.

What Orm didn't realize was this was him admitting that he'd yet to have the honor of going on a viking himself and there for was a few steps behind Hila.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:15 pm
Hila simply smirked back, raising an eyebrow at her sibling. "There's more to going on a viking than just fighting," she replied, all too happy to rub it in a little more - her tone was more than a little patronizing, to boot. Had she not been feeling so smug, his words may just have caused her own temper to flare to match his.

With a broadening grin, she reached over to pat her brother on the head. "I'm sure you'll get to go on a viking some day..." the last two words were given extra emphasis, as if they may have been missed otherwise.

No one could say that she was a coward; while she might not be the one to respond with brute force from the get-go, she wasn't one to tiptoe to avoid the possibility of it, either...especially not with her brother. To be fair, however, her words might be provocative in the extreme, but genuine affection underpinned them - not that Orm was likely to notice, given his current state.

Alpaca Chobi

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:53 pm
Vashtya

Being talked down to only pissed Orm off all that much more. He continued to make a grump face at his sister like the grumpy ball of fluff he was. Orms dark green eyes mirrored his sister as she continued to give him s**t for not having gone on a viking which felt like little stabs to his ego. A normal more well adjusted emotionally lion may have let it roll off their back but Orm was not one of these things.

"Oh I'm sure the type of viking you went on was filled with rainbows and feathers but I'm gonna join a viking party where there are REAL stakes at paw and REAL rewards." He retorted back to her mostly making the same point over again he'd said before. His fur was bristled and it was clear he wasn't exactly happy for his sister.

"You better watch out Hila. I'll become a captain before you even realize it." He snapped now sounding more pathetic, "I'll impress them so much that I'll earn my place among the high ranked. But ... maybe if you're nice you can join my crew," Yeah he was sounding more like a cub with each breath he took.

Maybe he'd like some cheese to go with that egotistical whining.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:33 pm
Hila was enjoying herself too much to respond defensively (as she usually would have), likely because she knew she had won this particular contest of one-upmanship. So much so, in fact, that she blatantly rolled her eyes at Orm. "Only an idiot takes unnecessary risks" she snipped back - she wasn't one to back down from a fight, but she had never understood why anyone would risk injury (which prevented further outings, or activities) if they didn't have to.

And then she laughed. It wasn't kind, but his jealous rant had finally provoked her into her own petty brand of snark. "Orm, I want to go on successful vikings."

Truthfully, she suspected her brother was going to be a damn good captain some day - not as good of one as she would be, of course, but still...there was no way she was going to tell him that now, though...

"Maybe if you ask me nicely, I can put in a good word for you, though - I mean, what are sisters for, after all?" Her voice was sweetness incarnate, with a not-so-hidden bite. Her brother really was fun to provoke.

Alpaca Chobi

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:36 pm
Vashtya

Bristled didn't even begin to describe how the male was feeling as with every insecure outburst his sister deflected it with the grace of a jedi master. He stood there glaring with his fathers green eyes allowing his claws to shoot in and out of his paw in his frustration but not being able to do much about any of this. She had verbally reduced him to a babbling child and he knew he was bested. But that didn't stop him.

"Yeah, well best of luck with THAT cause .. I'm already going on a .. I'm waiting for .. I'm .... Shut up Hila!" He roared finally unsure why he had even opened his maw in the first place. His pride was hurt and it was causing him to get dumber and dumber by the moments. The male turned his back on his sister and began to sulk off in the opposite direction of her which happened to be back to the heart of the pride, "I'll show you.." He muttered again and again under his breath.

He had been bested and he didn't know how to deal with that so he chose to double down on his a**-hattery.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:15 am
Hila blinked, although the self-satisfied smirk didn't slip...not much, anyway. She did take a second to wonder if maybe she'd gone a little too far - after all, male pride was a rather delicate thing, she was learning. A small twinge of guilt that she wasn't even particularly happy to admit existed had her making a face as Orm stormed away. It wasn't as if she didn't understand his frustration - and if she were honest, while she didn't regret being able to brag to him about going on a viking first (he would have done the same thing, after all!), she could admit now that her last couple of remarks had been her own temper sparking to match his.

Shoving the unfamiliar (and undesired) guilt aside, she shook her head. He'd get over it - after all, he was her brother, and while she'd be caught dead admitting it, she knew he'd be earning the title of reaver soon enough - if she wasn't careful, he might even make Captain before she did...and besides, she was proud to have been on her first viking! Squaring her shoulders, a grin slid back across her maw, she decided to look for a new shell or two...since she was already here.

Alpaca Chobi
I thiiink this is finished? <333

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out