User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
((will be doing 10. It's raining frogs! Gross.))

Her black maw opened wide in a yawn as Majivu meandered down the hill along the outskirts of the Mwezi border. This wasn't her home, wasn't her land, so she couldn't exactly do anything. Not until she was told what the rest of them were going to do. So she wandered around instead, explored the terrain and the inhabitants outside of camp.

In her wandering, she had discovered that the world was a very strange place. Odd lights in the sky had begun when they left the Firekin, and that tornado from before was surprising in both it's ferocity and abruptness.

Speaking of weather, dark clouds were gathering in the sky above her and she looked up excitedly ever few minutes to see if it would start to rain. Rain was rare in the desert, and as a Water-Seeker, she always loved to see it. Maybe it was a different color out here in the roguelands! It seemed a strange thought, considering how water was still water, but she could hope.

With a skip to her step, she trotted down to the bottom of the slope and made to look around. Ah, there was someone new! Someone fairly handsome, but unfortunately, not terribly Firekin looking. A lesser goal of her's was to find someone to breed with, though she'd made a point of not mentioning it to anyone in her party, especially her brother. This was more of a personal goal, and with so few prospects in the pride.... she thought it was fair. This one certainly had some pretty reds, but his coat wasn't quite was she was looking for.

Ah well, she could still meet someone new.

Majivu walked closer, tilting her head curiously as she noticed him.... digging?

The male in question was very focused on said digging. Why? Well, rain meant water, and collecting the water in something meant he wouldn't have to worry about it in the middle of the night when he got thirsty. His logic? Dig a hole, line the bottom with leaves from the tree behind him, and voila! His own personal water source. Whether it would work or not would remain to be seen, but there was nothing lost in trying, right?

With a grunt, Sora stepped back to observe his handy work, nodding and mumbling to himself afterwards. It took him a minute to finally notice the lioness making her way towards him - not until she was standing on the other side of the hole, looking down in confusion.

Doing a double take, he grinned widely as he turned to look, "Oh, hi!"

She blinked and then slowly looked back up at him with a smile, "Hello, I'm Majivu." She seemed to brighten then, "Are you a rogue?"

Because another goal of hers was to meet a few rogues while she was out and about, something she sort of failed with on her earlier attempts. She wouldn't say that young adolescent, Aiysha, was really "rogue" as clearly she was as new as Majivu was to the concept, and that tornado had more or less ruined her chances with those other two. She hadn't even gotten their names, and they were long gone by the time she'd gone back.

But this one wasn't in peril or busy or anything of the sort. Well, he might have been busy, but it was sort of hard to tell. She tilted her head to the side, "What are you doing?"

"Nice to meet you! I'm Sora, and...." He trailed off a bit as the oddest thing happening. A frog had just landed behind Majivu with a plop. He blinked, looking up to see where it could have come from just in time to see another one fall from... nowhere? What?

"I, um..... Yeah, I'm a rogue." Was it... coming from the clouds? More were falling now, landing with soft plops on the ground. "And I'm building a hole to catch.... rain?" Or apparently to catch frogs, he supposed. He was surprised she hadn't noticed what was happening yet, but then, his back was to a tree, which was obscuring her view, probably.

His distraction was enough to pull her attention though. She furrowed her brow at his stilted words, before turning slowly to see what he could be looking at.

Her eyes widened in shock at the sudden multitude of... of what? What were these things?! They were croaking and hopping around and they looked... slimy, which made her wrinkle her nose at. "What on earth....?" She stumbled forward, almost tripping over his hole, and hid under the tree branches. "What are these things?!"

"What, frogs?" How did she not know what frogs were? "They're frogs." Master of explanations, this guy.

Sora wasn't scrambling for cover like Majivu though, instead just watching them fall with the nonchalance of someone watching an entertaining show. A frog even landed on his head, but he did nothing more than tilt his head, causing it to slip off, as he continued, "Although, I've never seen them fall from the sky before. They usually live in ponds and lakes."

Now he wondered if they lived in the clouds too. Why had they never come down before now?

Majivu threw him a disgusted look, now sort of glad he wasn't Firekin material. How could he just stand there and let them fall all over him?!

It sounded like this wasn't normal though, so she was a little more reassured by that. Them living in ponds and lakes suddenly made their sliminess make sense. From the few she'd seen, it made the creatures living at them just as wet.

But that didn't make them any less gross looking.

She debated whether it was worth it to have a conversation with him, but... she really wanted to know more about rogue life, and she'd have to wait for the frogs to stop falling anyway.

"Can.... I'd like to ask...." She scowled a bit, "Would you please get under here and stop letting them crawl all over you?!"

Because that was what he was doing now. Sora had rolled over and was trying to bat at some of them as they fell. He tilted his head around as she said that though, before rolling back upright and trotting under the canopy of tree branches.

"What's up?"

She let out a snort at his innocence, and then laid down. "I've never met someone who lived as a rogue." Not necessarily, anyway. "I wanted to know what it was like. Could you tell me?" She wrinkled her nose again, "Since we're stuck here anyway until this stops."

He blinked and then perked up, "Oh! Sure, I don't mind." He grinned from cheek to cheek, happy to help, and sat down to start. He wasn't sure where he'd start, but start somewhere.

Majivu smiled warily back, and then settled a bit further in her spot to hear his tale.