Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:06 pm
The Great Hunt
User Image

With a large party of lions gone to follow up on the Nergui, activity in the Firekin has more or less resumed its normal day-to-day. Cubs play in the sand and by the watering holes, preparing through their games for learning to hunt and fight. Lions duel to keep in shape, and to see who's the strongest. Amid it all, hunters still have to hunt.

An opportunity was spotted on the horizon by one of the pride's many birds - Gemsbok were migrating across the dunes! A small hunting party(Because they're Firekin, dammit, they don't need to use large numbers) was gathered and sent out, ready to bring down one or more of the great antelopes for the pride.

But something is lurking out there, in the sands....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:07 pm
Welcome to the side event, The Great Hunt!

As a note, to join this, you had to have signed up, to keep matters fair, as this is an opportunity for promotion! There are two prizes up for grabs - There is at least one Head Hunter/Huntress position up for grabs, and the following lioness:

User Image
( Cub Adol )

She is a participation prize, was colored by Ecavi, and may be any open rank! You may also give her to somebody, if you don't want her! Just say who you'd like to give all your tickets to!

(And also remember to give Andranis name, meaning, and rank info so she can post the litter finally, ROFL)

Her parents are Soleil (From Kosuke x Shula... So uh... She's... Related to 2/3 of the pride) and Feuerblute(Who himself has a brother in the pride - Citlali would be this girl's aunt-by-mating)  

Motoujamii Lands

Motoujamii Lands

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:12 pm
User Image

As ever before, and as Citlali was sure it would always do, the sun was blasting down upon the land of sand and wind. That didn't stop the need for a hunting party, though, and volunteers had been gathered to follow a herd of gemsbok. She'd never personally hunted the great antelopes before, so this was a great learning opportunity. Of the lions in the hunting party, six she knew, from asking Feuer, were born and raised in the pride. Only Red, decorated like a burning sky, came from outside the borders like she had. She supposed it was good for them to both learn, then.

They had been traveling for several hours, wind tugging at their fur and manes, when the first tracks of the herd came into view. But the wind was already making it difficult to follow.

For the next several posts, roll 1D4
1 - The wind blows sand into your face and you have to take a moment to brush it out.
2 - You thought you spotted some tracks, but they're from a hare.
3 - You've spotted some tracks! And they go... Three directions. Oh dear...
4 - Fresh tracks! You convince the group to follow them!

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

samus x

Uta

Ecavi

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

KasaiLoki

KasaiLoki rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mzalia Moto-jivu was always a quiet lioness. She was an average size for the firekin, and her pelt as red as those traveling with her to help blend in as a group. She had volunteered herself for this Hunt party, while the other group was on a more... diplomatic mission.

Zala sighed shaking her head as the ground moved. Her gaze fell to the ground as she spotted a set of tracks. Unfortunately, they were not the hoof prints the small gathering of Firekin were looking for. These were much smaller, belonging to a different preybeast.

“Well, if we want any rabbit for dinner we should go this way.” Zala said sarcastically, eyeing the tracks.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

SilverLutz rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:02 pm
User Image

Menkar squinted against the sand as it blew in his eyes, the wind brutal but nice at the same time. Normally the air in the desert was rather dead but this stiff breeze was helping to keep the group cool as they walked the sands in search of their prey. Menkar had been in the pride for quite some time now and he had finally adapted to the heat and the sand, but he had yet to go out on a hunt like this. It was exciting to see how the group worked together to hunt prey that they normally didn't get to chase and he was sure he'd learn quite a bit.

He spotted a set of tracks but it turned out to be the same set that another in the group had already spotted and she quickly pointed out that they were the tracks of a hare, not the quarry they were hunting. He gave a little chuckle, glancing at Mzalia Moto-jivu as he returned her comment with one of his own.

"I wonder which is harder to hunt...a herd of hare-sized gemsbok, or one gemsbok-sized hare?"

KasaiLoki

samus x rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:44 pm
Unfortunately for Shemhazai, he had nothing but a blast of wind blow sand into his face. growling softly in annoyance, he took the moment to brush the sand from his face so that he could actually see and maybe be able to help track the Gemsbok. this was not how he expected things to be going when he had decided to randomly sign up for this great hunt. giving a sigh as he rubbed his face with a paw one last time so that he could see. he was very much sure this hunting party was going to be given a rough time with the winds blowing about like this. "lets hope these winds don't throw us off track of our true prey we seek." grumbling a little, he was not a fan of tracking prey in unfavorable conditions.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

I Lady Kiya I rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:27 pm
Banhishikha watched everyone searching before she kicked in looking as well. She was determined to become the best. She snickered at the comments others were making about rabbits. It took a few moments before she had found her first track, this looked promising! As she looked, they looked like what they wanted.

Before she spoke any concern, she noticed that the tracks lead in very different directions. "Well, I found some." She rose her voice, "The only question is which way do we want to go?" She gave a sheepish smile to the lions around. "I mean, with three directions, one of them is bound to be correct?"

That was a plus, at least. Maybe this was a good start. "So what have we?" She looked around. It probably wasn't best to split up, but then again, at this rate they might not have a choice. Maybe someone would find something better than she did. This was harder than it should be, she decided.

Ecavi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:53 pm
User Image

For the first time in her life, Titaia had been tempted to go outside the desert. She had hesitated, though, in volunteering to go on the Foray and only really regretted it once the group had left. With nobody to b***h to about it, she focused on doing her job. The one she put before even testing out if there was something else she might like to do.

Oh well, she was a good huntress. That was enough.

I wonder which is harder to hunt...a herd of hare-sized gemsbok, or one gemsbok-sized hare?

Titaia turned around to give whoever asked that strange question a look when she spotted something- at the same time Banhishikha found her tracks leading in a bunch of different directions, Titaia found a single trail that was deeper in the sand and just starting to fade away.

"I found it," she called.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:12 pm
The trail wasn't easy to follow. Between the sand and the diverging paths, and things traveling over the path after the fact, Citlali was already starting to wonder if they would find the gemsbok. She paused at the point the tracks split multiple ways, eyes narrowing before she turned to look at Menkar. Her mouth moved for a moment, before she heard Titaia's call ahead. "I... I guess hare-sized gemsbok? But they'd be so fast... And a gemsbok-sized hare would pack a heavy kick, wouldn't it?" How far across the sand would that send a lion, anyway? Without much thought, she started along the trail of hoofprints Titaia had indicated. "These look fresher than the other ones!"

A smaller perception check! 1D4
(Lots of D4 in this, ROFL)
1 - The wind causes some sand to shift, revealing a long-forgotten skeleton
2 - A near-by dune collapses, probably from the wind
3 - You hear a bird in the distance, probably after one of those desert hares
4 - Two hares dart by, yelling and arguing with each other, not seeming to care about the group of lions right there.

My next post will be after everybody has posted!

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

samus x

Uta

Ecavi

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

KasaiLoki

samus x rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Shemhazai flattened his ears as a near by dune collapsed which more than likely was caused by the wind that kept blowing about. he was almost regretted coming along with how annoying this wind was being but was tryin his best to let it not bother him too much. when he heard Titaia and Banhishikhaboth had found tracks, it was not a hard choice for him to want to follow the tracks Titaia found. he was not keen on splitting up to follow a three way split of tracks when it was kind of clear that the set Titaia were more fresh.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

I Lady Kiya I rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Banhishikha decided that was all the convincing she needed to do. After all, it was fairly close to where she found all the tracks, right? That had to count for something. No one could take her moment away! As she moved in the same direction as everyone else, for the time. She'd let the fact that she wasn't the one that found the correct tracks slide for now.

A gust gust of wind hit her hard, as well as a mound near her to rid of sand revealing what looked like someone who had lost their way, someone who was forgotten, and now a pile of bones. Banhishikha looked at them intensely for a few moments. It was a pity to die in the desert, what she assumed was probably starvation or from thirst. Obviously, it was too far long since to tell exactly. "Well that's attractive" She said sarcastically

The wind was hot, and the sand hotter, and seeing bones wouldn't lighten the mood any. She almost wanted to doubt that they would find what they were looking for, but she would carry on. Determined..

SilverLutz rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:21 am
The reaction his little riddle had brought had Menkar chuckling to himself as Banhishikha and Titaia sniffed out proper tracks and the direction in which they led. The standard Firekin, he had come to find, were very stoic and gruff creatures who generally didn't joke around. They were focused and driven and while that was all well and good, he felt like most of them needed to relax a little bit.

He jumped slightly when two hares darted across his path, cutting right through the group of lions. They were arguing about something that he couldn't quite make out over the wind and they disappeared before he could react. When he finally did, it was to laugh.

"Well! I hope finding our prey is as easy as finding the hares who left the tracks was," he said, trotting to keep up with the larger lions.  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Uta rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:18 am
User Image

Nyimak remained quiet as she followed the hunting party. The large lioness was irritable, which wasn't exactly a surprise, but today she was more annoyed at herself. Though she prided herself on her excellent skills (at least she thought herself quite adept) she felt as if she were off her game.

Before she'd hardly had a chance to get a look around, tracks were discovered by Titaia. that was good. Following the group, the lioness flicked her tail when a bird screamed in the distance. She didn't quite bother to look up, only turned her ears toward the sound. Well, at least that was some sign of life.... What type of bird was it? Vulture? Something else? Mmph. Well, it was probably after its own meal.

Let the others banter. Nyimak was focused, and idle chit-chat wasn't her thing, anyway. She had always been too serious for her own good.

KasaiLoki rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:19 pm
Zala blinked, glancing towards Menkar with the comment he made. "At this point?" She gave a small smirk, but shook her head when others seemed to notice more than just hare tracks,. She stood near the red male as Titaia found the correct path.

She was about to say something, when the two hares races back, arguing with each other, not caring the large red felines nearby.

...The hares just seemed to be more tempting with each passing moment.

"Let's hope so. Otherwise, we know there is live prey close by," she stated, nodding in the direction of the fast hares.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Ecavi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:46 pm
Titaia, who was coming to learn more and more about herself lately, wanted to offer a response to the interesting riddle but she didn't. She found it so much easier to just focus on the task at hand, even as things started getting weird. She stood by Banhishikha when the wind uncovered the skeleton and made a face, only to catch sight of something out of the corner of her eye.

The wind continued to blow and another dune collapsed.

"What the..?"

The desert could be a strange place but she had to be imagining that, didn't she? She paused for a few seconds before shaking it off and trying to turn her attention back to the others. She looked at Menkar and Zala as they discussed the hares. They'd be a good snack but hardly a meal to share.

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff