[PRP] Stop angering the gods

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:13 pm
The roguelands were never a hospitable place. Ciro’mekaitso knew this, yet he found himself in it more often than not for the sake of his pride. While he normally was okay within the unclaimed territory, the past few trips in it had started to make him wonder. Perhaps staying home, raising some of his children wasn’t such a bad idea. It was better than being ambushed by another group, or getting a snake bite that festered with infection.

Or. In his current case. Left knocked out in the open from some unusual hail storm. The ice that pelted him was almost completely melted, the small pebble it now was laying just a foot of two from his unconscious form.

The male groaned, his head pounding as he started to come to. The adolescent he had seen previously was no longer in sight. Well that was good. Perhaps she had escaped the strange phenomenon uninjured. Ciro didn’t question it as he remained still, his form hugging the ground. That’s it. Next time he was staying home.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Judeau had not been pleased to find Ciro had left the stormborn lands without him. How was he supposed to keep his promise to the goddess of survival if the one he was supposed to be watching left him behind? Huff! You turn your back for one moment...

Now the raven was left looking for the dark lion and wondering just what sort of trouble he was getting in to. It wasn't that he had no faith in Ciro, Judeau was certain he could take care of himself, it was just that the ion had a certain...affinity for attracting trouble.

Tattered wings outstretched to catch the wind, the raven glided as high as he dared, searching the ground below for any traces of the dark lion he'd come to call friend. Where the hell was he? When he got his paws on him he was going to--

A familiar form caught his attention, wings folding back in a dive toward the lion. Oh he was going to get such a telling off! Fluff head!

"Ciro!"

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:42 pm
Amon Larethian

Ciro contemplating summoning the precious goddess to help him in his predicament. Hell, he found his paw reaching for the purple feather on a small string around his neck, before he heard a flittering of wings above him, followed by a shout.

Oh. Goody. The raven had found him.

Ciro grimaced as his paw dropped back to the ground, slowly rising to his feet as his golden eyes glanced towards the sky. The darkened skies had passed, leaving clear blue skies above. Who ever was angering the gods needed to stop.

Rubbing his head, Ciro sat, looking around before he focused towards his raven companion. "Judeau." He murmured. "You should've stayed home." The raven did not need to go with him everywhere did he?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:15 pm
Judeau rolled his eyes, settling to perch on top of the lion's head. An annoyed huff, the raven most definitely pecked at one ear to show his displeasure. Hah! Oh yes, stay home and leave you to get into trouble or worse, yes, that is a great idea! And Ngaule would never forgive him.

"Oh really? I'm not sure I would agree with you there."

Oh don't think he didn't see you reaching for that feather, Ciro. He totally saw it! A flutter of his wings, Judeau hopped down to the lion's back, pacing from shoulders to tail and back again. Hmmm...he seemed to have suffered no permanent damage, fortunate for them both.

"So, what so of trouble did you find this time?"

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:20 pm
Amon Larethian

Ciro snorted, his ear flicking in annoyance as it was pecked. He shook his head slightly, to ruffle the raven, although he didn't shaking hard enough to dislodge the male. He hissed slightly when Judeau stepped on a particular area of his head where the piece of hail had landed. He was sure there would be a knot there by morning if one wasn't present already.

He considered summoning the goddess, but not with the raven here. He most certainly couldn't woo a female with the grumpy avian nearby.

"Hey, I didn't do anything this time. This kid was out here screaming, and then the skies turned dark and ice started to fall." The hail was melted by now, but small wet spots where his head just was showed.

"Whoever is angering the gods needs to stop. First the lake that the kids fell in," an act that happened before he met Judeau, "then these strange noises, now ice in the savannah?" Ciro huffed. As if to prove his point, lights started to shoot across the sky. Unusual, but becoming more common these days.

"How did you find me out here anyways?" Did Judeau have a tracker on Ciro?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:07 pm
Oh don't be such a big baby! You're not bleeding, you're fine, fluff for brains! Apart from a headache, the lion seemed unharmed, and that would fade too before long. There's no need to bother Nga over a bump on the head, Ciro, or she might give us both a knock on the head.

"You were knocked out by hail?"

Judeau gave him a dubious look, not quite sure if he believed the story or not. Ciro was from the stormborn, he had surely seen hail before. Hmmm, it was odd for hail to fall in the roguelands...

"I fear it is the gods who are angry with each other."

The raven had done his best to ignore the storm he knew raged in the haven above, something that was becoming much more difficult as said war spilled into the mortal realm.

"That is my secret."

A smirk, wouldn't you like to know. But Judeau wasn't telling, Ciro would just have to imagine where there may or may not be a tracker hidden on him.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:19 pm
Amon Larethian

He nodded. "Not just any normal size hail. This one was big." To prove his point, Ciro made a gesture with his paws the size of the hail.

"Where did that kid go anyways?" He looked around. They both were running towards the safety of the trees. Perhaps she had made it to the clear while he was knocked out? Well, that was good. Hopefully the kid would find a home.

"Well tell them to knock it off. Between the famine at home, and now these crazy nuisances out here, the whole world will not be safe to wander." He grumbled.

"Your secret. Bah." Ciro huffed.

He began to walk, the raven remaining on his back. "Tell me." He wanted to know dang it!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:47 pm
Judeau took note of the gesture, a thoughtful click of his beak. He did not like the sound of such large hail, even accounting for Ciro's possible exaggeration. Unless of course it had been a rock, then again rocks falling from the sky sounded even worse. Hmph, he was going to have to get Ciro a helmet.

"I didn't see anyone else."

The raven's head swiveled, scanning the area around them. No, no one nearby. Whoever the 'kid' had been, they were long since gone. Hmph, just as well, Judeau would have had words with one who could just leave an unconscious lion laying on the ground to fend for himself in the middle of a hail storm.

"I do not think they would be inclined to listen to me."

His wings fluttered, Judeau settled on his favored perch on the lion's shoulder, a soft chuckle.

"I to have some secrets from you."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:53 pm
Amon Larethian

"Why not? Don't you have a way with gods?" Ciro didn't know Judeau was a deity, yet his words would imply he did. He mainly was stating the facts that he was friends with Ngaule. Obviously he had to be friends with other gods, did he not?

"No you don't. We are suppose to be bros right? We don't keep secrets from each other." Ciro huffed. Fine. If Judeau wanted to be like that, then he would find his own secret to keep from the raven! What other things was the bird hiding from him?

...What kind of secret could he hide? Ciro thought quietly as he walked, the flashes of lights above him only causing him to shake his head.

Man how he would much rather the company of a certain goddess right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:10 pm
"Why would you think that, fluffhead? I'm a raven, just because i know a goddess does not mean other gods listen to me."

Secrets? Judeau wasn't keeping any secrets. Oh, well that is that secret that Judeau was more than a raven, but was in fact the god of penance in disguise. But that secret he was keeping to himself forever. Never would he trust a mortal with that knowledge ever again, not even Ciro.

"Let's just say, you should check your fleas."

The raven laughed quietly to himself. Yes, he was totally messing with Ciro, but if Ciro thought he was tracking him magically somehow, why not have a little fun with it? Judeau was not going to tell him just how long he had searched before he'd found his friend.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:16 pm
Amon Larethian

"Fleas?!" That's it. Ciro abruptly stopped, swiping Judeau off his back.

"You can fly now birdbrain." He growled, rolling his eyes. No more free rides, literally. If Judeau wanted to play that came, he would have to continue flying from now on. See how well the grumpy raven enjoyed it.

"I do not have fleas." Ciro muttered, rolling his eyes as he headed back to the stormborn lands, with his bird friend in tow.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:24 pm
The raven laughed out loud, fluttering from the lion's back, wings outstretched to take to the air. He circled once before landing on the lion's head with a smirk, his head tilted to look into Ciro's gold eyes.

"Are you sure about that?"

Another laugh, Judeau was airborne again, flying after his friend on return to the lands of the stormborn.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas