Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Stars, You Are the Sentinels (Jahim x Fiametta)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:04 pm
User ImageNight. It was normally a time of chilly winds and cold sand, relief from the heat of the day for a bit before it became too cold to be considered comfortable. Jahim was used to the two extremes of hot and cold and was quite surprised to find that night in the rogue lands was...comfortable. She gazed up at the sky that had been flashing different colors not long ago, blessedly still and dark now save for the stars twinkling as they always did. It was comforting to look up and see something familiar despite being in a place that was completely foreign. She already missed the sand between her toes and the dry air the desert provided. Here it was humid and the ground was too hard and grass felt strange.

But then again, they'd only been traveling for a short time. She was sure she'd get used to it. She'd have to, actually, if she wanted the promotion she had joined up for. As a Sentinel she'd be out and about in the rogue lands from time to time. This would be her new normal.

Turning her gaze from the sky, Jahim padded slowly towards the small pool of water the group had decided to rest by, their paws aching from the near non-stop trek thus far. Lowering her head, the horned lioness lapped at the water while keeping her eyes open for danger. The desert didn't offer much in terms of predators that competed with the lions but even something as small as a snake could be deadly.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:01 pm
User Image

The desert had always been home to Fiametta, even before she'd joined the so this foray out into the rogue lands was peculiar for the lioness. Even though she'd once been a rogue, she had been born in the deserts, and had learned to survive in the harsh climate. It was why she'd fought so hard to get into the Motoujamii--she didn't want to just survive. She had wanted to thrive, which she had accomplished.

To be away from the desert was strange for Fiametta--but she was not yet homesick. Honestly, it was a new adventure, and if she were to become a Sentinel she might well find herself away from the pride. Her heart would always be in the desert, but she found this new experience interesting, even a bit exciting. She also found the journey exhausting.

While the lioness had not complained, would not complain, she was glad when they stopped for the night. The ground was hard on her paws, and humidity left her parched. Thankfully, though, the night was mild, and the stars were shining high above them. If she were to be promoted to Sentinel, she would need to get used to being away from the pridelands.

The role was something Fiametta felt drawn to, especially with her rogue background. It gave her the best of both worlds--an opportunity to travel from time to time, but still able to serve her beloved pride. She would see what came of this excursion, and whether or not she'd be promoted.

Making her way over to the waters edge, she settled herself not far from the horned lioness, Jahim. Tail curling around her, Fiametta slaked her thirst before speaking. "At least the water in the roguelands seems to be plentiful. I can only hope the prey will be, too." Perhaps it was her huntress instincts, but both could be scarce in the desert. Right now, these lands almost seemed like a peculiar paradise.

SilverLutz
SORRY if she's rusty. I haven't RPed her in some time. xD

Uta

Shy Mage

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 pm
It wasn't a shock that she wasn't alone for long. The group was moving as one large unit and everyone was stopping to rest. Jahim didn't mind company and she turned her gaze towards the dark red female who joined her. There were many names and faces to memorize within the pride and that had never been a strong point for the guard, but the other lioness' build screamed rogue blood and her leg markings were quite distinctive. Fiametta, perhaps?

"Smells like it will be," she said, sniffing the mud delicately beside her. There were hoofprints by the dozen and the smell of waste was pungent in some areas. A herd had been here recently and although they weren't hunting it wouldn't be hard for a few of their group to break off and bring back a few kills to share.

"It's quite strange out here, isn't it?" she added, looking up at the trees that weren't at all like the scattered palms she was used to. They were thick-trunked, solid, and the leaves were so tiny she was sure they'd blow off in a hard breeze.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:25 pm
SilverLutz
Apologies in advance as I dust her off!

The lioness took a moment to look around them. The setting was really quite beautiful, for all that it was different. Though she'd been a rogue, she was still unaccustomed to grasses, open plains, and all the color that was stained on the world around them. Where she sometimes expected to see a dune, or sea of sand, she now saw nothing but grasslands, and robust trees. "I've never seen so much color in one place before," she replied with a smile and a shrug. The colors the Firekin proudly wore stood out here. "Who would have guessed green came in so many shades?" She mused with a mix of obvious jest and a touch genuine amazement. Obviously, there were colors a plenty in the world--this was just the first time Fiametta saw so many different ones.

The oasis in the desert had plenty of color and life within them, but this stretch of land, and all its life, was seemingly endless. It was different and utterly fascinating. The way the trees grew, the way the earth moved beneath their paws, and the way the air moved around the group. All strange, but curious to the lioness. "Amazing to think the desert is but a day behind us, and yet, we're truly in a different world." Though she had not been native to the pride, she had never actually roamed beyond the grip of the desert. It was a new experience, a pleasant thrill, but the reality did not escape the lioness. There were new dangers here, unknowns that none of them could predict. Even now, at the waters edge, she kept alert and on guard.

Uta

Shy Mage

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:55 pm
Jahim gave a little snort of amusement, nodding in agreement as well. While some might think the savanna was brown and barren, they lived in a world of sand and little else. There were staggering shades of green here and so many tones of browns and yellows that it was mind blowing. Even the water was different here, rich and blue and deep rather than tan and murky.

"It is quite strange how it simply...ends," she said, glancing back in the direction they'd been walking in for a single day. In her mind's eye she could see the gentle rolling dunes that started the desert but from here they were too far to spot.

"I'm eager to see what else is out here," she admitted. "I heard the others say things about the Mwezi, that they live in a jungle. I want to see that many trees in the same spot for myself." So far they'd seen quite a number of trees but they weren't all clumped together like the adventurers from the previous expedition had said. They were still a good trek from the Mwezi's pride, though, so she knew not to get her hopes up too early.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:45 pm
SilverLutz
Sorry for the slow! orz

Fiametta looked back at the way they had come with Jahim, giving a small nod in agreement. "I can't imagine what else might be out here," she confessed with a light laugh. "The stories don't entirely do the roguelands justice. I've seen the oasis in the desert, but something tells me they might pale in comparison to what's yet to come." If the Mwezi were in a jungle, and the stories accurate, she would find herself blown away.

Of course, Fiametta certainly meant no disrespect to their homelands. The lioness loved the deserts, and a part of her missed the familiar sands and the dry environment immensely. But her social nature and curiosity had her want to explore more of the world, and she certainly hoped to make a good enough impression to be up for promotion.

No matter where she roamed, the lioness knew the desert winds would always call her back. "I will state I'm not fond of this humidity. The evenings aren't as cold, but the insects are relentless." She gave a small snort, hoping to blow a few buzzing creatures from where she had settled.

Uta

Shy Mage

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:18 pm
The comment on the humidity had Jahim groaning in agreement. The desert was hot, yes, but it was dry. Here it felt as though the air was trying to suffocate her. Even at night there was no respite! At least in the desert the heat left for a while when the sun sank, the sand being a poor insulator and thus would lose all of the warmth. Jahim preferred the cold to this insufferable weather.

"Flies everywhere," she agreed, swatting at one with a paw that wouldn't leave her alone. She shook her head to try to lose it and padded in a little circle, but the fly went about its business buzzing around her constantly.

"So are you out here for the fun of the mission or are you looking for a promotion?" she asked, trying to ignore the bug. If Fiametta was also hoping to join the ranks of the Sentinels perhaps they could work together to achieve their goal. Sentinels worked in groups of three, after all, and although she had only just met the other lioness Jahim found her good company.

Uta

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff