Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:48 pm
User Image

Nilak usually reserved himself to his personal den where he did studies and helped with any sort of healing pride members needed. There usually wasn't a huge need for Nilak to leave his work area except to many sleep or eat and even with that he needed to be scolded to do (by Haramia). Today was different though as he actually had questions for Idhrenion about his process of selecting soul gems. This wouldn't be the first time that Nilak had approached the Gem Herald about his process either. None of their discussions had ever satisfied the curiosity of Nilak though and now he was sure one of his theories could be proven if he had that little bit of information.

There were bags under those pretty eyes of Nilak and his mane was a mess having been unkept for a few days now. The work Nilak had been doing had taken priority over everything else lately and it was now pretty evident in how ragged the science driven lion carried him self. Some how, despite the disheveled, Nilak still looked quite attractive and complimented the crystal laced halls nicely.

He stopped as soon as he was sure he had the first place he had been looking for. He'd been here before but , admittedly, because he didn't leave his own quarters much he tended to not always remember where things were.

"Idhrenion. Would you mind a friendly chat?" His voice was soft and his eyes were determined. Surely, this conversation would quench his thirst for knowledge.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Amid the shallow hold that was heavily dotted with crystals, Idhrenion turned and looked to the open entrance, knowing even before his eyes landed upon the Healer that it would be he that stood there awaiting him. It made the darker male smile; for all that the two of them had entirely different trains of thoughts and ways of processing, he did enjoy chatting with another soul as gem-obsessed as he was himself. That, and he enjoyed flustering the male a little too.

"Nilak, of course," his voice was smooth as velvet and low, as if he were afraid of speaking too loudly next to this treasured trove of crystals. He let his paw drop from where he had been measuring a particularly large chunk of malachite wedged among a cluster of azurite; he often spent long days sharing his energy with them and taking it in return, letting them purify his worries and concerns. It left him at peace but if he were required to explain why and how he could not.

It was one of the things Nilak would never be able to understand. He could never be satisfied with a simple just because.

"What is on your mind today?"

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:12 pm
Felyn

Nilaks frame relaxed a little hearing that Idhrenion was willing to have a chat. The tired scientist was sure that Idhrenion already knew what the chat was as Nilak had obsessively sought him out about the same matter over and over again. He'd never walked away satisfied though.

A brow lifted at what Idhrenion was doing to some of the minerals on the wall. "What is the significance in resting your paw on these gems?" This wasn't the full topic that Nilak had in mind but the topic was related. The methodology of how Idhrenion came to his conclusions about what member related to what gem was a mystery to Nilak. He could never grasp the answer as he was sure that there had to be a more complicated answer.

"I'm curious ... Is this part of your method to pick a gem for a member? I'd really like to observe you while we chat. Don't mind me at all and carry on please," If he could watch what Idhrenion was doing then maybe he'd be satisfied. At least Nilak believed he'd be satisfied after observing.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:10 am
Idhrenion laughed softly as Nilak opened with his first question and then, with a look in his eyes that the Gem Herald knew all too well by now, asked him to continue on with what he was doing.

"Malachite is what resonates with my soul," he murmured softly as he brought his paw back up and touched the piece of Malachite chunk again. "Crystals can purify your thoughts and your worries and the one that matches your soul most directly, that vibrates at your frequency, is the one that will do the most good for you."

He drew his paw away and tilted his head a fraction as his eyes leveled on Nilak once more. Fluorite. He remembered, he remembered them all.

"For instance, if you kept a bit of Fluorite with you it might help you on the days where you are feeling a little overwhelmed. It will take all of your muddled thoughts and sieve the good from the bad. Have you ever tried that?"

He assumed not.

"But yes, this is part of how I choose. I read what your energy is and then I find the one that matches best. It is really very simple as long as you can feel it - it's hard to teach such a thing."

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:17 pm
Felyn

None of these explanations were satisfactory for Nilak but he held his tongue and listened and really tried to wrap his brain around what Idhrenion had to say. The two had similar talks in the past and, like this one, the methodology that Idhrenion described was never quite what Nilak wanted to hear. His tired eyes rested on Idhrenion before circling back to the chunk of Malachite and than returning to rest finally on Idhrenion's own eyes.

For a moment he looked thoughtful but ultimately he shook his head.

"I'm afraid none of these things you state can be measured dear friend. I'm sure this doesn't bother you but for my studies if we could harness what it was you do we could optimize our healing methods. Can you imagine how efficient our crystal healers could be if we were able to unlock your brain and your methods?" If one looked closely they might see a twinkle or two forming in those tired eyes of Nilak as he spoke of a possible future. He was confusing his scientific method and Idhrenions spiritual method as something that should be intertwined instead of letting things be as they were. Nilaks personality type was the kind to pull on the curtain until he found the inner workings of the mystery instead of accepting things at face value.

The lion walked over to a chunk of Malachite and placed his own paw on the gem. All the lion could feel was a stiff slick coldness which was disappointing.

"I suppose some times I come here knowing I won't get the answer I'm looking for," The paw slid off of the chunk of Malachite, "Maybe I enjoy debating you or maybe its nice to know there are mysteries in this world that one day I can figure out." He gave the other a tired smile , "You can bet that i'll continue to try though. Flourite you say is my gem so I'll find a good chunk and start to carry it around with me. Maybe I can understand you better that way..."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:00 pm
Idhrenion watched as Nilak grew troubled and then, at last, pleasantly defeated by the same conversation they seemed to always have. If he could have explained himself better to the male, then he would have, even if it would just be to wipe that tired look from his eyes.

"Ahh, my dear Scribe, if I knew how to give you the things that you are asking for then I would. My faith in our gems is as much a mystery to me as it is to you - I can only believe that I get back what I give out. I think, perhaps, if I tried to reason it out I might no longer be able to feel."

A shrug rolled his shoulders though his smile remained firmly in place.

"It is what makes each of us good at what we do, isn't it?"

He shifted and turned to some of the gems that were scattered around the ground next to him and pushed a chunk of green and purple towards him without a second thought.

"Perhaps if you can find a way to fasten it with a bit of that rope you always have with you? Just try to be aware of it when you are deep in thought. That is the only way I know how to tell you to use it."

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:48 pm
Felyn

It was that time in the discussion that Nilak let out a stubborn sigh knowing that any more discussion on the matter would only frustrate him more. So the blue lion let up his white flag and gave the endless prying a break for today. Idhrenion's methods would remain a mystery to him for now but perhaps in time he'd understand them better and be able to apply them to his own experiments.

"My rope?" He looked down at the thing tied around his paw and honestly looked surprised at it. He wasn't the type of lion to keep track of what he was and wasn't dragging around and this rope had been with him so long that he forgot the reason to why he had it tied to his paw in the first place. Perhaps it was so that he wouldn't forget an important engagement he probably already long past forgotten about or maybe it had meant something to him at some point. There were many reasons why the rope could have been tied to his front paw but the lion seemed to be drawing a blank. He set his maw on the thing and loosened it handing it over to Idhrenion.

"Be my guest. I think it would be wise of me to study this method to the fullest. Crystal healing has a lot of overlap with your spiritual side of the study but ours are explainable. If you think this will help me than.." He cleared his throat, "I'll put my faith in you Idhrenion. You are wise even if I do not understand the hows to your practice."

His tired eyes rested on Idhrenion with a trust laying just behind the surface that Nilak did not easily give freely. Only a few lions of the pride had this trust with Idhrenion being one of the few.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:03 pm
A small, amused smile settled itself across Idrenhion's face; the fact that Nilak admitted he was wise was comforting. Even if his analytical friend could not reason out the ways of his thoughts he could at least recognize him for that which he was - it was a good sign. Perhaps, one day, he might be able to plant a little seed of faith inside of the ticking mind of the Healer.

"Very well," he nodded and slid the rope closer. For a long moment, he eyed the chunk of crystal he had offered up and considered the best way to secure it with the bit of rope Nilak had procured somewhere ages ago. He knew that it wasn't always an easy thing to keep gems bound in a setting; they were oddly shaped. This wasn't his first rodeo, though!

He slid the gem to the center of the rope and with a peculiar mix of teeth and paws and annoyed huffs, he managed to secure and fasten the gem with as clean of a knot as he could manage without those useful thumbs the primates boasted. The tail end of the rope dropped from his jowls and he glanced back up at the paler male with a look of triumph.

"Here," he slid it back over, "I hope it serves you well."

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:36 pm
Felyn

Nilak was very still so that Idrenhion could tie the the necklace with out any more difficulty than it may already have been. The light blue lions never faltered as he watched the Gem Herald secure the gem to the rope and silently respected the Herald for his care on the placement. His stillness amplified when it was time for the rope to be secured around his own neck as he did not wanting to add anymore difficulty for Idrenhion as being a pain in the a** was never an intentional thing with Nilak.

Only when the rope was clearly secure did Nilak move his head in a nod of thanks.

"I'm sure it will and I'll gain some knowledge on this process," It wasn't unlike the crystal healers to recommend patients to wear crystals but it was unlike Nilak to wear one to find a source of faith but Nilak was willing to try this. The rope definitely had a presence around his neck but it was unclear if he was feeling the gem or the fact he had something tied around his neck that hadn't been there before. On the flip side he felt an odd phantom rope around his paw. It had been a long while since the rope had been tied there and Nilak was still unsure as to the why.

"I'll study the effects and get back to you about my thoughts Idhrenion. As always it is a pleasure to have these chats," He got up and stretched his haunches out before turning his back and heading out of the cavern, "Don't be a stranger and stop by my study some time." He called over his shoulder before turning a corner.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 am
The airy Gem Herald smiled as Nilak adjusted to his new accessory; for all their differences, he did enjoy the Crystal Healer's company to no ends. They were all one and the same, working toward the greater good and ensuring that their pride thrived in these important beginning years. Nilak was a good lion to head one of the most important branches of their new home and he knew he had been absolutely instrumental in finding it to begin with.

Hopefully, with any luck, Idhre's advice would help calm the other male's whirling thoughts. He had spoken with worried little Haramia enough to know that Nilak did not take such great care of himself as he truly could.

"It is always a pleasure," he chimed after the male, dipping his head as the healer excused himself. He would most assuredly stop by to measure Nilak's thoughts on wearing the crystal and, perhaps, to help him unwind a little. "I will see you soon, my friend."

Alpaca Chobi

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Deserted...

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas