Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Zuru was out walking not far from the catacombs he had already been told going there was forbidden if it had something that was a risk to his life for excitement and adventure he might have gone in there just for the thrill but hearing rumors of being blinded if you went in there and weren't an Amoosu was a chill up his spine. Zuru loved looking at everything, the idea of going blind for an adventure just wasn't something he would ever do, even he wasn't that crazy. Face down a rhino sure, face blindness no thanks. He turned and looked at the place he was now calling home. It was interesting, he hadn't made any friends yet, but at this rate, he figured it would take some time for the old bloods to accept the rogue bloods. He couldn't blame them since they had been struck with a lot more death then even a pride of death should have been. His own family was dead, his mother and father. He wondered sometimes if his twin stilled lived. Would Zuru have felt it if his twins spirit left the world? He thought he would, so perhaps his twin still yet lived. The wind blew past him as he sighed out lost in his thoughts.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jamila had followed one of her sister's scents here. She wasn't sure which one, but she'd found her way here and spotted her sister now and again, but hadn't had the time to properly talk to her.

She was still trying to figure out where everything was in the pride, so coming close to the catacombs honestly couldn't be helped. The pink and off white lioness was listening to the wind right now. It whistled and whispered to her as if trying to call her this way for a reason.

And in her path was, apparently, a male. Every fiber in her being tensed up before she shook herself out. No. She had to interact with them now. She was part of a pride, and prides had males if they were going to stay healthy. Not every male was him. She had so many scars all over her body, some were nearly gone, but she still had nasty ones on her shoulder blades from him. A constant reminder that she wasn't sure she'd ever shake.

Maybe she could skirt around this male?

So that's what Jamila was trying to do. Her steps weren't as light as she'd like, but maybe he wouldn't spot the lioness, who was pale by comparison.

Midnightglow18

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm
Peppermint Coffee

Zuru turned and saw the female who was trying to skirt past him, it was pretty clear she was trying to avoid him and he wondered if she was one of the old bloods, she kinda looked like them, but her colors were a little brighter then some of them he had seen. He didn't want to frighten her more than she already was. So rushing up to her wasn't the right plan. "I'm not going to hurt you, you know." He said and smiled a little waving his front paws. "Just a bit of purple nothing to worry about." He said trying to break the ice and get her to talk to him. If she was an original member perhaps if he could just get her talking she would get to know him and he could make a friend. Zuru had never hurt a female in his life and would never start. Didn't matter if the female was clawing him to death he still wouldn't aim to hurt a female. "So are you from one of the original families?" He asked trying to keep his tone light. He was new that much was plain for anyone to see from his colors.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:17 am
And he spoke to her. Jamila froze in mid step and she took a breath before turning her head to the male and gave him a bit of a watery smile. She would try so hard to be polite and not run away, but the scared up female always, always found herself so uneasy about males.

"No," she said in answer to his question. "I'm not. I came from the desert with my sister..." Her tone was husky, deep, like she didn't do much talking. It was true. She talked to Tzipora very rarely, her own daughter that had stayed with her for so long. Jamila's red eyes were hyper focused on the pale male with the purple paws. She was clenched, honestly, every muscle in her tensed.

He stayed far enough away for now, that the female felt she could close her eyes and took a relaxing, deep breath. Something in her relaxed, she could feel her jaws ache.

"You're not either, are you?"

Midnightglow18

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:30 am
Peppermint Coffee

Zuru smiled that she had decided to stop and try to talk to him, he didn't know what her reasons were for being uncomfortable but everyone had their thing and things would go as they would go. "Ah the desert eh, I went to the sea to visit a sea pride and visited the pridelands before I ended up here. " He nodded though he had already answered her question telling her about the places he had been. "From what I gather the original members of this pride didn't travel at all, wonder if any of them will or would be allowed now there is a path to the outside world, the ocean is really lovely." He said with a smile.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 am
The ocean.

She hadn't been there. She's heard of two whole prides that were situated right at the ocean, and Jamila never had the galls to go up there and actually visit because of the possibilities of running into an aggressive male again.

"I wouldn't know," she admitted after a minute. Slowly she sat down on her haunches and watched Zuru. He was a pridemember. He wouldn't hurt her. He wasn't attacking. There was so many thoughts and reminders running through her head that she could definitely feel panic building in her throat and trying to claw it out in a scream.

Gods she wanted to scream her frustration away.

"I've never seen the ocean. I've had too much of the outside to care anymore."

Midnightglow18

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:55 am
Peppermint Coffee

Zuru looked her over and looked over the signs she was uncomfortable, it wasn't the outsider things, she was an outsider as well. He pondered what was wrong he had never come across a female that was afraid of him simply because he was male, so that didn't cross his mind. "It's beautiful." He said with a grin "The outside world is full of interesting things, but I suppose it is full of bad things as well." He plopped down and waited to give her an opening to tell him why she had enough of the outside if she wanted too. He wouldn't push her to open up to him. Perhaps in time, she would find who she was ready to open up to and express why she was done with the outside. Zuru had a rich collection of stories to tell of his adventures, so he was ready to settle down.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:01 am
Full of interesting things? No. It was full of abandonment and running.

Slowly Jamila settled down with him, not saying anything. If she could get herself to relax right now, it would be progress. ...It already was a lot of progress, sitting by him even she was super stiff. She looked down to her paws and sighed.

"I was always on the run with my daughter, Tzipora. We argued and she left me, too. Just like the other cubs did. Like... my family, my whole pride. I'm tired of being alone." She wasn't the quickest at talking right now. She was slowly letting him know the overall of what happened to her, without letting him know anything much.

Midnightglow18

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:19 pm
Peppermint Coffee

Zuru listened to Jamila's sad tale he didn't claim he had felt anywhere near as much pain as she had yes his parents and twin were gone but he had never had cubs so didn't know the pain of them leaving him. So he just gave her an ear and quiet support for her pain. "Well, the Nezi seems to be a safe pride a good place to start over when you are ready." He said in a gentle tone. He knew he had no right to push her faster than she was willing to go.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:21 am
"My sister is here," she said, trying, desperately trying to relax while he was here. Jamila had to get over this. She knew she had to, in order to live in a pride and not have any problems.

Safe.

"So... This.. this will be a better start than I've had in a while." The scarred lioness looked up at him again and just gave a bit of a helpless look. She couldn't offer him a smile, so she just let him see the most non-threatening look she could.

MiddyGlow

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:33 am
Peppermint Coffee

Zuru smiled "You are lucky to have family here I am glad for you." there were times that he wished his twin was with him then perhaps he wouldn't feel so alone. Jamila seemed willing to open up to him so perhaps their relationship could grow and they would become friends or more. Her scars didn't bother him they proved she survived her ordeals in life and still stood before him trying to build a life that had worth. He accepted her non-threatening look as a positive step for their relationship. She wasn't pushing him away which was all he could ask at this early stage. "Change is hard but it can be refreshing." He said softly "Perhaps you would like to go hunting with me sometime?" He asked extending an offer to get to know each other better and perhaps become closer with time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:39 pm
"....I ...don't know about that." It took everything she had to not bolt. Took even more to relax as much as she had, to open up. So she was very drained right now. Jamila took a bit of a deep breath and rose to her feet again.

"Perhaps. Maybe. I ... I need to go now. Rest." She was so tired, mentally. All she wanted to do was go to her quiet den now and take solace in the fact that her attempt wasn't completely awful. "Have.. Have a good day, Zuru." With that, Jamila gave him a nod and started toward the dens.

MiddyGlow

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers