Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Touch Da Fishy-Light

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
MangoMeow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The glowing light was by far the most interesting thing she's ever come across, and easily distracted as she was, Meera was already inching her way closer. The cheeton blinked at it, head tilted and eyes wide, as she debated what it could be. Was this normal? She'd never heard of a big light like this before, but then, she hadn't traveled everywhere yet.

She cast a glance around her to see if anyone was watching, and then slid closer again, sniffing at it curiously. It didn't really smell like anything, though the crackling got a lot louder the closer she got to it. It sort of sounded like lightning, actually.

Vashtya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:35 am
User Image

A young lion had been minding his own business, spending just another day in the roguelands...when something very odd had happened. The air seemed heavy, almost oppressive, and he'd heard a loud crack, like the kind of thunder that jarred your bones, and rattled your teeth. Looking off in the direction the sound had come from, he'd been surprised to see a bizarre, unnatural sort of glow emitting from...something, and something that seemed close.

Not being one to leave odd happenings unexplored, he cautiously made his way toward it, footfalls near-silent. It was thus that he happened upon the crackling ball of light shortly after Meera, his own eyes widening as he realized he wasn't the only one to have been drawn to the eerie, bright light...or the rather menacing sounds that accompanied it.

Creeping a little closer, but not so close as to unintentionally loom over the cheeton who was already there, he cleared his throat carefully. "It's pretty weird, huh? Or have you seen anything like it, before?" Just because he'd never seen something like this before didn't mean that that was the case for others, after all.

MangoMeow

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

MangoMeow rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:50 am
Meera startled, swiveling her head around to look at the bright red lion, before smiling back innocently, "Nope! Never seen anything like this before in my life." Which... wasn't terribly long by some standards, but still.

The cheeton cocked her head to the side as she turned her gaze back to the light. "The crackling noise is kind of weird, but I think it's pretty beyond that." Her curiosity was pulling at her the more she stared, but she instead shrugged and continued, "Do you know what it is? Kind of strange that it's just sitting there." Without a smell, it was hard to say what it was or if it belonged to anyone.

Vashtya
LOL, gonna put the roll in here too, so I don't have to go looking for it later. Poor Meera gets to transport forward in time XD: "Congratulations! You're zapped forward in time, and next thing you know, it's two weeks later. (Other RP participants just see this character disappear and assume them missing/dead.)"

Vashtya rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:49 pm
Eldur grinned at that, then stepped a little closer to it as well - cautious, but curious. "It's not like anything I've ever seen or heard of before, either."

At least he wasn't just ignorant, if her equal puzzlement was any indication.

"Do you think it's a bolt of lightning that got stuck, somehow?" He asked, narrowing his eyes slightly as he studied it. If that was the case, what could hold lightning? Of course, lightning was dangerous...but this..ball of light didn't look capable of splitting a tree, or starting a fire...

MangoMeow
I'm going to go ahead and roll for him now as well, even though he hasn't touched it yet, so i know what's coming to him xDD

Edit: annnd, he moves location! "Whoa! Where'd everybody go? Where are you?! You've been zapped 1-10 miles away (but are still within unclaimed territories - no dropping uninvited on pridal lands!). I...hope you weren't too near the ocean. (Other RP participants just see this character disappear and assume them missing or dead until/unless they catch up with them. If multiple characters roll this, they appear in different places.)

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:14 am
She tilted her head to the side, "I'm not sure, maybe? I've never seen a lightning bolt do that before, but then, there's been a lot of weird things happening lately." And as she's discovered, the world was full of very different places. Who's to say that this one didn't have lightning that just stood there?

Then she started to wonder what lightning felt like. It was always so far away, and loud, and quick, but this was just... sitting there. It didn't seem all that threatening.

Very slowly, almost without thinking, Meera started to tentatively lift a paw before lowering it again. "Do you think it does anything?"

Vashtya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:37 pm
"Yeah, me either...but then, this is a first for me, too.." He scrunched up his nose at her observation about all of the other oddities that had been occurring.

"That's true, though - it'd be nice to know why there's so many things cropping up, all of a sudden..." He watched as Meera extended a paw at it, before lowering it again, and blinked at her question.

"No idea - unfortunately there's really only one way to find out, isn't there?" It wasn't that he was rash, per se...no, actually, if one were honest, he was insatiably curious, and so it wasn't surprising at all that he was very seriously leaning toward touching it...just to see what happens.

"I can touch it first, if you want...just in case?" He offered, figuring that if nothing else, his larger size might mean he took less injury...if it came to that.

MangoMeow
I am so sorry for my super dlow replyyyy~!

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:15 pm
Meera slowly glanced over at him, and then back to the light. At least she wasn't the only one who wanted to know if it did anything. Whether it was dangerous got pushed to the back of her mind as she grinned cheerfully, "How about we touch it at the same time? Maybe it'll react different."

And, without someone to stop her, she scooted herself closer to it until she was practically sitting under it. Reaching a paw up again, she cast a glance over at him and then back at it, "Ready?"

Then she reached her paw out to tap it.

Vashtya

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:59 am
Eldur found himself unable to resist grinning back. He liked the way she thought. Situating himself closer, across the lightning-ball from Meera, he sat back on his haunches and lifted up both of his forepaws, hovering them over it.

"Ready when you are..." he murmured. "On 3, then? 1...2...3!"

As he said it, he touched both of his forepaws to the ball, eyes widening as his fur felt like it stood on end. It wasn't painful, exactly...but it wasn't particularly pleasant, either.

MangoMeow

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:44 pm
As her paw tapped the light, she closed her eyelids as a bright flash went off and tingles shot up and down her spine. Well, that was a new experience. She didn't... think anything had happened though, and said tingling was wearing off now.

But when she opened her eyes, she frowned in confusion. Wait, was it always nighttime? She could have sworn it was bright and sunny a minute ago - and wait, where did the other lion go? He was standing right in front of her a second ago!

Huh, maybe something had happened.

The light was gone now too, so she couldn't even investigate it further. Instead, Meera looked around her and sniffed. Everything still smelled the same, though.... she could have sworn she'd been standing way over there. Maybe it had knocked her unconscious for a little while? But then why would he leave?

The hybrid stood there for a minute more, mulling over that, before shrugging. The light and the lion were both gone now. She'd try to go find them, she supposed. With a cheerful hum, she started walking aimlessly.

Vashtya
I love that she's the type to be completely unperturbed by it randomly becoming nighttime for her, rofl.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:52 pm
The unnerving, prickling sensation was enough of a distraction that it too him a moment to realize that he couldn't feel the ground beneath him anymore...or that everything but the electric ball his paws were still clutching was no longer visible - it was like he was surrounded by an impenetrable darkness...

With a panicked shout, he wrenched his paws off of it, flailing about until he landed with a thud that knocked the air from his lungs. He lay there, struggling to draw in a breath, finally gasping as his lungs cooperated...and realized he had no idea where he was.

Nothing looked like where he'd been, and the female cheeton who had been with him was nowhere to be seen, either...where the heck was he? Was the cheeton who had touched the mysterious ball of light with him okay?! Getting slowly, painfully to his feet, he tried to get his bearings - nothing was familiar; not in relation to where he'd just been, or even in regards to any place he could remember.

Lifting his nose and sniffing, he couldn't even smell anyone nearby. What had happened, exactly?!

MangoMeow
LMAO. She's fantastic xDDD. I totally am glad I double checked this, as I don't remember seeing the tag-quote, ahhhh >w<

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces