Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[PRP] Ward Against Boredom

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She would have looked strange on a normal day, what with having wings, but Alisaie looked especially so today considering how she was currently lying on her back across a rock, with legs and wings splayed out, and curved along with the stone in a rainbow form.

She was a bit bored. And grouchy.

With everything that had happened, her parents were, understandably, less inclined to let their cubs wander. In the haven? Sure, they were relatively safe up there. But down in the mortal realm? That was a different story.

The cub sighed and shuffled in place, readjusting her position to try and get more comfortable. There were so many things to look at here, and she wanted to see them! Nothing was going to hurt them here, she was sure of that! (or maybe that was just cub logic... oh well, that's what she believed, and that's what she was standing by)

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:13 pm
MangoMeow

The God of Warding was just getting used to his feet, padding along and looking around the rogue lands as far as his mother and father would let him. One of them was always keeping a careful eye on the cubs, citing hard times that Ngao was not really sure he understood.

But if it was something he needed to protect them from, he would!

"What are you doing, Alisaie? You look comfortable, huh?"

He padded over, stretching his wings out and flapping them pretty hard in an effort to get up off the ground. Flying was still a learning process, but he was able to hover a bit before plopping back down on to his butt. He certainly was a far way off from his goal of flying over to her and landing on a nearby rock, but hey. At least he had gotten a little air!

Progress.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:02 pm
White ear flicking over in his direction, Ali turned green eyes over to look at her brother, gazing at him from upside down. It was a little disorienting, but at least it was interesting to look at. As was his attempt as flying, she thought with a snort. She didn't think flying was that hard..... Of course, she'd been told that her role as Intuition may have something to do with her swift learning ability.

Alisaie shook her head as she shrugged off those thoughts, "Just being bored on my boring little rock on a boring day in this boring world." She needed more stimulation than this.

Hmmm, but then, maybe Ngao had the right idea. Their parents couldn't stop them from flight practice, right?

Sliding off the rock, the white cub looked slyly at her brother, "Hey Ngao... wanna see who can fly the farthest?"

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:20 am
MangoMeow

"It's not THAT boring," Ngao countered, huffing. He liked this place, even if there was not too much to do. There were a lot of little interesting creatures that he could follow around and practice his magic on, and one time he saved a rabbit that seemed to be running for his life by sitting outside its den and protecting it to ensure nothing came after it.

Whatever had been chasing it never came around. It did not occur to him that the little rabbit was running from a winged lion god cub that was following it around.

"Fly the... yeah! Let's do it! I bet I can!"

Despite literally just proving he was not very good at flying just yet, he was eager for the challenge. After all, the best way to learn was to just try his best, right? That was what his father assured him, when Ngao had gone to Talfrid for flying tips. Of course, Talfrid didn't have wings, so his flying was different. At least Ngao and Alisale were on the same footing, both learning and both with wings.

"We can climb up on a tree at the edge of the clearing and see who goes the farthest from there!"

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:22 am
With an excited little wiggle, Alisaie looked up at the tree to give it a quick analysis and then smirked back at her brother. "Let's do it!" She was fairly certain that they'd at least be able to glide from there, but hey, flying was fun no matter how it was done.

And of course, she always liked a good competition. (Though it hadn't quite occurred to her yet that her domain as Intuition could give her an unfair advantage. Probably for the best, or it would have ruined the fun.)

Regardless, the godling skipped her way over to the tree. She looked up at it, eyes narrowed in concentration, before wiggling her behind and then leaping into the air to scramble her way up the tree.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:07 am
MangoMeow

Ngao laughed and bounced toward the tree, flapping his wings as he ran to get some stretching in. Because that would help him, and was definitely the reason why he fell out of the sky sometimes: he hadn't stretched enough.

He ran around the other side of the tree and leaped at the trunk. He sank his claws into the wood and scrambled up a little less than gracefully, using more brute strength and sheer will to get up than any deftness or skill at climbing. Leopards were much better at the whole thing, but he hadn't really spent any time with them yet.

But climbing was the EASY part, anyway.

Taking a breath, he looked out over the small clearing and grinned, spreading his wings out. It looked much more impressive to him than it really was, the tree not even that tall in the scheme of things. But to his young mind, he had climbed the tallest tree ever grown, and was about to leap a gaping chasm filled with spikes.

"Okay! Jump whenever you're brave enough! Farthest one wins!" He yelled, before leaping from the tree and flapping his wings, catching some air and managing to fly a few feet before getting a little too over excited and knocking himself off balance by flapping one wing out of sync with the other. He tumbled to the ground and landed almost directly on his face.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:50 am
Brave enough? Hmph! She wasn't scared of falling, though she was confident that she wouldn't really do so. Well.... not much anyway. She would glide down gracefully.

That said, Alisaie held back for a moment to watch her brother, to observe how he flew. No reason she couldn't learn from whatever his mistakes were. She watched with a critical eye as he managed a few feet before tumbling down, cringed back in sympathy at the almost face-plant. That looked like it hurt.

Well, she wouldn't make that mistake.

Throwing a glance back at her wings, she braced herself against the branch before launching herself off of it. The trick was to just keep both wings going at the same pace, she thought to herself, and she actually did manage to fly relatively gracefully for a bit.

.... But one thing she'd forgotten to account for was the lack of strength in her wings. Like all animals, she needed to build up those muscles before she could fly for long periods of time.

So of course, it didn't take long for her to start to flag, and she had to dip down to the ground, landing with an oomph on unsteady paws.

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:51 pm
MangoMeow

Ngao tried not to let his pain and embarrassment get the better of him. He had wanted to do well so badly, to look impressive and awesome like both of his parents, but he managed to look like an idiot cub who didn't really know how to use his wings.

So much for practicing.

Plus, his face hurt.

He offered his sister his best approximation of a smile, though, snuffling. He was nothing if not polite, as his father taught him. Of course, manners were very important in a family whose father ruled over the domain of Chivalry. Especially for the male cubs, who he expected to act like little knights.

"You win! You did a really good job. I guess you are way better at flying than I am, but I'm going to get better. And the landing... I'm going to have to work on the landing a lot more... I don't think my nose can take the way I do it right now."

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:03 am
Alisaie preened just a bit at being (somewhat) successful, though she deflated a bit at seeing her brother so dejected about it, despite his strong front. She didn't want him getting discouraged about it. He just needed some practice, that's all!

She watched him silently for a moment, then looked down at her paws, and then back up at him. "Wanna practice together? I can show you what I did. Maybe it'll help." And hey, it would distract her from her boredom. Win-win situation.

The cub walked forward and nudged at him, "C'mon, we don't want you landing on your nose more. Your face would end up looking flat."

Lithiasaur

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am
MangoMeow

Ngao brightened a bit at the offer to practice together, nodding his head quickly. He knew he would be able to figure out the flying thing with her help: she was already really good at it. Even though they were competitive, he could see that she was better suited to help him than he was to just try and brute force his way through it.

He was always willing to take some advice. The better he got at everything, the better he would be at protecting everyone that needed it, right?

Made sense in his cub brain.

"Okay! Let's go back to the tree! I want to see exactly what you did and then I'll try and do it! This will be fun!"

He was ready to spend the rest of the day trying to get better. At least until their dad showed up to bring them back for food. Or he needed to take a nap. Whatever came first, he supposed.

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces