Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:00 pm
User Image

The needs of the firekin were needs that Baku was more than willing to rise up but even so, there were things that reminded her that she was not tied to this pride by blood. She had a strange encounter with a fireless male who showed her how easy it was to deal with scorpions. While Baku hadn't admitted it at the time ; the truth was she was embarrassed and reminded of what an outsider she actually was.

These lions were giants and a force to be reckoned with and while Baku was the latter she was no giant by any stretch of the imagination.

It was night and the sands had cooled considerably from the day time when the sands could be said to bake the pads right off the paws of a lion. She was sitting alone among the stars and grumpily considering her place with in the pride. Self doubt was a seriously ugly thing and it had the lioness by the neck questioning the purity of her blood and if she had a right to introduce her blood to the firekins long standing families.

Her ears lowered feeling unsure about everything.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The fire red lioness stalked through the sands, paws moving lightly with each step. Under the moonlight, her red coat shimmered, the white of her ears glowing against her darker hide. In the desert, the nitetime was the best for hunting, when smaller animals ventured from their burrows in the cool of the night.

Her head lowered, inhaling the scents that lingered just above the sands. Anarore stopped, eyes catching what she sought, tracks in the sand. She reached out a paw, examining the tracks, two small, two larger behind, a hare, most likely grazing on sprigs of brush growing between nearby rocks, perfect.

Her stance lowered, eyes narrowed, a smirk on her maw, silently stalking in the path of the tracks. Hello breakfast.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:20 pm
Amon Larethian

Baku was pretty in her own head and had yet to notice the red lioness near by. It hadn't occurred to her others may be around doing gods knew what at this hour.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:32 pm
The lioness tail lashed, stalking ever closer to her target. The hare would never know what hit it, Anarore was on it before it ever caught her scent, before it could even think, fangs sinking into the hide of its neck in an instant kill. A satisfied smirk, Anaroe licked her lips, the hare held in her jaws. It would make a fine meal.

Suddenly she was still, freezing in her tacks, her eyes narrowed. A scent in the air, one she did not recognize, strong enough to catch even through the blood of her prey. There was someone nearby, someone watching, she did not like being watched.

Her paws flexed, talons unsheathing before retracting again, eyes scanning the darkness around her.

"Who is there?"

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:09 pm
Amon Larethian

A strong metallic scent that Baku was all too familiar with wafted through the air before she heard the other cry out. That was the scent of blood and it was rich as if some thing had just died. This was not enough for Baku to jump to her paws but the voice was.

"Oh." She looked around spotting a very fire blooded lioness. Baku tilted her head to the side trying to see if she was the source of the blood and at first it was hard given the others red coat. Eventually she was able to spot the dead hare and piece together that yes this lioness was the source of the strong metallic scent.

"Baku here. Soldier. I'm off duty and enjoying the cool sands." She gave her rank and name in quite an official tone.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:07 am
Red eyes narrowed, a soft growl around the hare held in her maw, tail lashing. It was her kill, and she would not share or surrender it, not to anyone, not even her lover. If the other thought otherwise, they would quickly find they were mistaken.

It was not until the other lioness spoke that Anarore allowed tensed muscle to relax, the growl growing quiet. She took a step forward, eyes settling on the darker form, taking in the details in the moonlight. She was smaller, far smaller than Ana was, but size was not an indication of strength.

"I do not need to know your rank, soldier. What brings you this way so late at night?"

Anarore had set her prey at her paws, it was far easier to speak without a furry creature in your mouth.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:51 pm
Amon Larethian

"Ah. I'm used to being more formal." She gave the other a half cocked grin. "It's a lot cooler out on the night sands than it is during the day for one. I wanted to take advantage of a walk with out burning my pads off," And also do self reflection but she wasn't sure if this lioness would care to hear about her inner feelings.

Baku took a few steps forward making sure to give the red lioness plenty of room and show she was not interested in the snack she was currently enjoying.

"I suppose its a good time to hunt for prey too." She gestured towards the dead rabbit. "Is that the only reason you came out?" Why was she asking so many questions?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:04 pm
"I'm not interested in formalities."

The fire lioness never had been one for such. A lion should be judged by their action and their strength, not by whatever the rank or the blood in their veins. A shrug, no, Anarore did not care about inner feelings, and she likely would have told the other she was being foolish for such thoughts.

"It is more peaceful at night, I appreciate the silence."

One paw rested on top of her slain hare protectively, perhaps a habit from growing up around stupidly annoying brothers. As they had grown, the siblings fought less, though truthfully she had never felt close to her brothers. They were annoying and foolish, and there had been many nights as a cub she had snuck away from the den to escape them.

"You will grow accustomed to the heat in time, or learn to walk the cooler sands."

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:10 pm
Amon Larethian

"The pride I came from had sands but the sands were by the ocean so you could wet your paws as you walked down them to avoid baking the pads off," Baku didn't know why she was offering this stranger personal information but she felt at ease for some reason.

"I've been here for good long while and the heat on the sands still hurt my paws some days. I mean .. I've earned my place through fighting but ... You know some times I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb," She was sharing too much. Baku was quick to shut her mouth.

"I'm not really trying to impose on your enjoyment of the evening . Been deep in thought lately and I suppose those thoughts are escaping..."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:26 pm
"Then I suggest you learn to find the cooler sand."

A snort, Ana's eyes narrowed, she did not appreciate whining or self-pity. Either grow a spine and find your strength yourself, or shut up and fake it. No one is going to find your path for you or blow sunshine up your a**. If the dark lioness was looking for sympathy or reassurances, she would not find it from Anarore.

"Questioning yourself only weakens you. Either you find your strength or you don't, no one is going to do it for you. You make yourself strong, that is all that matter."

In other words, grow the ******** up and stop acting like a child. Anarore was not one to sugarcoat the truth, well, at least she had learned some tact as she had matured?

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:33 pm
Amon Larethian

Crap Baku had made the grave mistake of opening her feelings to another and that wasn't something you did as a hardened warrior of the firekin. This is what she had wanted too; to be a part of the firekin and get stronger so talks like this were needed. Her growing up had been a lot softer than that of what a natural born firekin might have had.

"You're right," She exhaled once more. Time to bury all feelings deep with in her once more. It was unclear if the talk had helped or worsened these feelings but for now the darker lioness knew it was best to keep things to her self.

"Well... I should head back to the dens." The lioness got up and turned her back on the other.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:47 pm
"Of course I am right."

Did you seriously doubt that she was?

Anarore watched as the other left, eyes narrowed. There was no pity or disdain in her gaze, but there was no sense of respect either. She shook her head in silence, wherever the dark lioness went from here was her own responsibility, whether she earned respect or not was up to her.

The red lioness lowered her head, retrieving her prey from beneath her paw, grasping it by the neck in her maw. No further thoughts were spared to the other as she turned, striding off on her own path. She would return to her den, and there she would enjoy her meal in peace under the cool of the night moon.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas