Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm
The young male was so thrilled that this was finally happening, now he'd be able to provide for himself and his family without having to rely on others to do the dirty work. Looking over towards the older kirin he was proud to see he was starting to match him in size.

"So what are we going to do? Just hunt for provisions?" Maybe even bring back some needed supplies that could help with the weakness of the famine that had ravaged their lands. Though he had noticed one thing, ever since they had left, he didn't feel hungry anymore. Not like he had been. Was that coincidence?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:05 pm
Bast'ion had given his son his word that the two would travel outside the pride to get him a reaver title. Here the two were now and the strangest thing was that Bast'ion was feeling much better out here. It had been a long time since he left the families heartlands and ventured out for anything to stick close to Yhe. She wasn't doing so hot and it bothered him that he was outside the pride territory when he promised he'd be close but it was something he had to do as a proper viking father.

"Yes. We can either do it the hard way or we can ambush a traveling healer. There was word that there would be a traveling party on a trail just up ahead. Keep your eyes peeled for any sort of creature that looks like they're carrying something.." He slid his eyes to the side to eye up his son half sizing him up half just looking at him.

"Vikings take what is theirs. And anything you can take is yours."  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:27 pm
Alpaca Chobi
(I forget what she goes by towards everyone else so just going to call her yhe in here)

Did he feel bad about Yhe? Of course he did, but it wasn't his fault her body wasn't strong enough to stick through the hard times the pride was going through. Her cubs seemed to be fairing as well as they could be which was a relief on all fronts, it would be terrible if any of them were to perish. Still, if she was weak of body and spirit then she would sub scum to the famine.

That was life though.

And he wouldn't feel bad about that.

"I'll keep a sharp eye then." Take was was theirs, he could remember that. Perhaps they'd run across some traders and steal their wares, that would be nice.

Uriyah had been wandering around the area and had picked up the scent of two unfamiliar males, though one of them smelled familiar. It was likely because Raksha was wearing rana's caplet that she'd carried with her most of her life and that was the scent he had picked up. She had given it to the black adol to wear to come off as less of a menace.

The colorful male finally came into view of them but said nothing as he made a slow approach.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:03 pm
AstoriaFallen
It's Ska xDD No worries ... should actually check with kyr if she just goes by yhe now or not

Bast'ion nodded at his boy.

"Yes... Keep your eyes ready," He didn't have enough time for a pep speech as the two had been spotted. When had that happened? Bast'ion was pretty sure that they'd been far enough away to not be spotted.

The kirin lion took an aggressive stance to the approaching male allowing his claws to be come unsheathed letting him know that the two of them were not to be toyed with. As of now he was being purely defensive.

"I advise you to stop traveler. We are two and you are one. What business do you have to approach us," His tone was underlined by a snarl in his voice. Bast'ion had his son with him and like hell he was going to let this traveler threaten them when the two of them were supposed to be doing the threatening. This was completely unexpected.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:22 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Raksha spotted the stance his father had taken and followed his gaze towards the approaching stranger. He didn't look to be carrying anything of importance and that was a little upsetting, he hoped perhaps this might be one of their first marks but it didn't seem like it was going to go that way.

The black male eyed the one approaching and couldn't help but notice how much he reminded him of Rana, perhaps that was coincidental, though he wasn't entirely certain about all that. He'd spent all of his young life with the female and it just seemed, uncanny, especially given how the male was pretty confident in his approach.

Staying alert he watched the male's movements and shifted the caplet a little across his shoulders.

Uriyah had kept his gaze upon the nearly adult male but his attention quickly shifted towards the adult male that seemed to hold some experience, by the looks of him. He didn't think this was an average outing. "I wish to know where you procured that particular item." Pointing towards the caplet upon the males back he wanted to know some answers.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:27 pm
AstoriaFallen

Bast'ions guard did not drop even when the approaching male declared why he was approaching. Infact, Bast'ions stance intensified readying himself to strike if the other got any closer. His son was wearing this cape and for all he knew this was a traveling bandit here to take their families goods. Oh, how the tables had turned but Bast'ion wouldn't let go of such an item or let his son be attacked for it if he could help it.

"It belongs to a member of our family. What is it to you?" He showed teeth, "If you're here to take it you better believe you're in for a fight." His tail swished aggressively from side to side.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:41 pm
Alpaca Chobi

While Raksha was prepared to fight this male if it came down to it, it would seem as though his father was prepared to do all of that for him already. In these moments he truly felt sorta useless because everything he would have demanded to know, his father had already said. Well at least they had the same process going on mentally, this was a good enough sign for him at any rate.

Uriyah was prepared to unsheathe claws of his own but stopped when the pale male said 'member of the family.' Narrowing his gaze he looked them over carefully, none of them looked related to his mother, perhaps someone from this males family had taken it from her sometime and now had passed it along.

"If I find any harm has come to my mother because someone wanted some trophy I will rip through you quicker than you'll have time to blink." Stance rigid he was prepared to fight them down if need be.

"Mother? I think you might have the wrong group." Rana had no kids and Yhe's kids were with his father, so who on earth was he talking about. And his mother certainly wasn't part of the pride he was in.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:46 pm
AstoriaFallen

Bast'ion looked behind him at this boy and gave him a nod. It would seem the two had a great deal of the same mind because he was thinking the same thing. The kirin lion quickly turned back to the male with a more eased stance.

"I don't harm females. Who is your mother and .." Now that he looked closer at the male he couldn't help but think of Rana. That couldn't be though cause she couldn't have cubs... right? Oh no. He'd slept with Rana. If she could have cubs.

But maybe this male meant a different feline as his mother. There was always the hope of that.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:54 pm
Alpaca Chobi

"Well, my mother IS the owner of that caplet that young male is wearing. It reeks of her, plus I gave it to her so I'm very keen on remembering it." So she wasn't harmed, then why did this young male have it? Thoughts raced through his mind, did he have family he didn't know of? He was the only child she'd ever had and as far as he knew it still remained to be so. Perhaps she had been taken in by this lion family, though that didn't really seem like her. She liked to do things her own way so he wasn't too keen on believing she just went along with a family unless it was something she wanted to do.

"Rana is your mother?" The young male spoke up wanting to know if this male was making false claims about things, though he knew there was no way he could have known it had belonged to Rana.

"IS there any other Rana that you know? Yes, she's my mother. I demand to know where she is." She hadn't been in her usual spot for some time, the scent was practically almost gone and that had been unusual, though not entirely improbable.

Raksha turned to look at his dad, he was confused. Rana could have kids? Perhaps this was just someone who looked like her and was adopted by her?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:01 pm
AstoriaFallen

Raksha had given up the name before the other male was able to answer. Bast'ion would have rubbed his temples if he was able. It would be hard to tell fully if this male spoke the truth but Bast'ion couldn't logic why a lone male would approach two others. There was no way he'd over power both him and Raksha so he did have everything to lose here.

The kirin lion let out a long drawn out sigh. So Rana was probably this males mother and on top of all that it meant she could have cubs which was not good news for Bast'ion and his infidelity.

"Okay. Look," The kirin lion loosen his stance all together, "I met your mother and we did battle. She won." He grumbled, "And chose to follow me back to my pride anyways. She's been part of the family since then and helping with my cubs. I had no idea she had a child......"  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:14 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Raksha was still young so if he'd of been smart he would have waited for the male to answer with a name but curiosity took hold.

Listening as the male spoke he gave a nod of his head. "That sounds like something she would do." Though he couldn't help but let out a laugh because this male rivaled him in size. "I promise, I do not mean to offend, but she's always had the upper paw when it came to duels. She taught me everything I know and just hearing someone else say she beat them just makes me happy to know i'm not the only one who wasn't able to one up her."

Perhaps he would follow them back to their pride and speak to her, see for himself that she's well.

"I'm her only child. She's tried a few times but nothing ever came of it so we've concluded I'm a freak accident that'll be unlikely to be repeated." It could have also been all the males she'd been with had been impotent, who was to say.

Raksha was quite astounded that she'd never spoke about him before. "Why hadn't she mentioned you to anyone? I would have thought she'd of mentioned if she had a child." It seemed strange if she had an only child that she wouldn't talk about them?

"I'm not around much so mentioning me isn't really story worthy. Do you talk about everything in your life?"

He supposed the male was right on that.

"Is there a chance I can come back with you and see her?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:59 pm
AstoriaFallen

This whole thing was getting more and more complicated and weird by the second. The boy was related to his Rana and that meant she had been fertile at one point. Worry streamed through the kirins soul at his misdeed and he could only begin to think of how disappointed Yhe would be with him if cubs happened.

Stupid stupid stupid.

"Okay. We're out on a father son journey to earn my boy his rightful rank in our pride so if you want to wait for us you're welcome to but you need to let us continue this task. I need to see through this to the end as the boys father." Bast'ion had set out to show Raksha how to be a viking and he was going to complete that task and prove he wasn't a complete ******** up as a father.

"We'll bring you to Rana once we're done." Bast'ion looked over to Raksha making sure these were acceptable terms. It was for his son that he'd even come out of the border.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:11 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Uriyah was definitely not wanting to impose on what was going on with the two lions currently so he put up a paw. "If you point me in the direction I can head that way and wait. I'm pretty noticeable so I'm sure I'll be an easy form to pick out when you're on your way back." He offered. Not really certain of what pride they were in he was prepared to wait or do what it took to see his mother was okay.

Raksha listened to the terms laid forth by his father and couldn't help but smile mentally. He was truly trying, Ska would be proud for sure. Giving a nod towards his father he found what he was saying to be completely fair! "If you head that way you'll know when you get there." Truly no one could miss their pride so he knew the male would likely catch on.

"What is your name? Before we depart so we can call upon you when we see you next?"

Oh, he hadn't told them his name. "Uriyah. And thank you. Fare travels to you both."

The glowing male took his leave of the two.

Raksha turned towards his father. "Well..... that was......" Not really sure how to express how that whole thing made him feel he shrugged his shoulders.

"Let's go dad."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:15 pm
AstoriaFallen

Bast'ion couldn't help but be proud of Raksha for handling the situation like and adult. He gave a nod to his boy.

"Right.. so that path ... we need to head east and we'll get there before the traveling merchants do.... " He was pretty sure at least. Bast'ion started off with his head held high.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces