Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] s**t Show (Lorrox & Euryale)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:03 pm
Okay, so here's the thing -- how was Lorrox supposed to know that the squirrely little b*****d who knocked him into a plate of mashed roots was the son or grandson or some magical relation to one of the best crafters in the kitchen? Was there some secret hierarchy BEYOND the Weyrleader and Weyrwoman and Weyr...etc, etc that he could get written down on some hide or something? Lorrox did the same thing he always did when someone shoved him, accident or not: he knocked the kid in his face. Like a man.

And if Lorrox was being honest with himself, or if he was capable of being deeply reflective on his actions, then he may have realized that, even if he had known? Probably still would have done it. Controlling his impulses had never been a strength.

That was probably why he had seen himself sent packing from more Holds than most people had even visited at his age.

So on this seasonably warm day, Lorrox found himself doing something that he was actually pretty accustomed to from his time in beastcraft: shoveling s**t. A lot of s**t. He had been given a broken shovel and a host of stalls to clear out as punishment, and if the smell of s**t was not enough, the sweaty heat pouring off of him was even worse. Atleast the runnerbeasts were decent company. They didn't mind his farts.

As he winged another shovelfull into a wheelbarrow, another scent hit his lizard brain. That of a woman. Turning in a circle, Lorrox stabbed his shovel into the hay-scattered dirt and found his eyes lingering on the curved a** of a woman standing a few lengths away. Nice.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:40 pm
It was only thanks to the endless love of her husband and Nugget's magical ability to sleep through the night (and take proper naps!) that Euryale hadn't burned the entire Weyr to cinders. Yet. She was finding the time to get tasks done as needed and, with a sense of renewed energy, maybe even picking up new ones - in this case, she was visiting the stables to see if anyone had some old straps they were wanting to discard. Leather was all but putty in her hands, easily transformed from one thing to another, and the plan this time was to use whatever good bits were left to start work on fixing Theath's gear. Eventually the woman would be back in the skies, soaring and fighting Thread, but for now she was doing leatherwork.

And, if her feelings were correct, being stared at from behind. One could call it a sixth sense, one could call it instinct, but mostly it was relayed information from a certain green who'd spotted the individual looking down her rider like a beast on the hunt. A swift turn on her heels had the mother looking over at the staring young man, and the redhead raised an eyebrow.

"Something you need from me?" Her tone was questioning but curt, and her arms moved to a more relaxed position; one arm was cradling the baby swaddled about her neck, the other resting atop her shapely hip. "Or are you just trying to shirk off your chores in hopes I won't rat you out to A'ral?"

Akina Tokuwa

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:04 pm
Lorrox did the only thing he could think of, the impulse really, which was to drag his eyes up her body -- the baby swaddled there, it seemed, invisible -- and finally come to rest on a face that was maybe vaguely familiar from passing through the Weyr for the last couple years but otherwise a stranger. "I can think of plenty of things I could need," he said plainly. His tone lacked the overdramatic hurr hurr hurr that the words may have implied. It was as if he may have said, Lovely weather today.

"Were you looking for something? I can be very useful. I have endless uses." The 19-Turn-old leaned against the shovel in what may have passed as a seductive pose to a partially blind woman, flapping the loose shirt (streaked with animal s**t, naturally) so that it hung open slightly. The threat of A'ral was plainly ignored.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:32 pm
Oh but this child was amusing - was he actually attempting to flirt with her? Euryale couldn't believe the guts he carried, though she couldn't blame him either. She was quite the catch in her own honest opinion and a man would have to be blind to not recognize it. Sadly for this brat she was happily taken by the man who'd given her six children already, but that didn't mean she couldn't entertain the painfully open flattery. "Your uses extend about as far as I decide there, kiddo, and right now you likely have very few." There was so much more she could say but kept her tongue in check as favor for his flattery. When she returned home A'star would be hearing all about this, in between bouts of side-splitting laughter.

"I'm actually looking to see if there is an old leather the stablehands are thinking of discarding. I'm in need of a few for my dragon's straps." Most would think old and trashed leather would be bad but, as she'd been thinking before, even bits and pieces would suffice. "I'd ask if you knew anything about it but you're.......occupied."

Akina Tokuwa
i'm so sorry that this is a late tag for an old RP! if you would like to drop or continue please let me know!

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:11 pm
"More than a few uses," Lorrox said, as charismatic-ly as he was capable of. He raked a dirty hand through his dirty hair. He didn't wink, per se, but his body gave all the nonverbal suggestion that a wink would.

But then the pretty woman was asking about old leather. Well, that was less exciting. "Finding the old leather, that's a euphemism I haven't heard before." Don't call him a quitter, okay. "And if I find it... what do I get?"

Again, there was no eyebrow waggle, but something about his stance suggested an eyebrow waggle. It was waggley.

houllow
Totally fine! Because of my job, I blink in and out of activity, and Lorrox has had no major changes so it is all good.

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games