[PRP] Summons Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:26 am
He really didn't know where Lucifer went, but Ciro was glad that he wasn't there. This Viking trip was becoming more and more of a disaster with each passing day! While he didn't mind his half brother tagging along at first, the whole cave incident with the snake bite and bats, and now him being stuck on the borders of the Mwezi lands being 'tended to' with his injury while his brother was probably off gallivanting with his ladies. Well, at least in his mind that was what the fire male was doing. He would be an idiot not to be.

Ciro shrugged, removing his thoughts about his brother for the time being. The two who were helping him were nowhere in sight, and the throbbing pain was starting to come back to his arm. He growled, hating feeling like an invalid. He was a Captain for goodness sake!

His thoughts wandered to the feather around his neck. Maybe...

He looked around. No one was around... why not? At least he could figure out if it worked or not.

With his paw clutched around the black and purple feather, Ciro closed his eyes, thinking of the Survival Goddess.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ngaule had been in the lands of the stormborn, tending to those who still felt the effects of the famine, unwilling to abandon those who still needed her help. She had felt the tug, someone was calling her. She had thought of ignoring it, she was needed here, who could possibly be calling? She shook her head, the pull was too strong, and she could not ignore one who may need her.

A quick look around, the goddess made certain there was no one who could see her before she returned to her goddess form, teleporting away a moment later. She materialized before a familiar lion. Ciro, she should have guessed it would be him. What sort of trouble had he gotten himself into this time she wondered.

"Ciro, I did not think you would call so soon."

She smiled at him. Given his apart skepticism of her gift, she had expected him to wait longer before finally giving in to curiosity.

"Oh, you have injured yourself again."

Her smile faded as her gaze fell on his injured leg. She did not know if she should be worried or roll her eyes at him, she may have done both.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:52 am
Amon Larethian

Oh hey. It actually worked. Ciro was surprised! He didn't expect the feather to actually work!

...Well this could work to his advantage when he got back home. The thought that drifted across his mind caused a small smirk to flash upon his maw, before it faded into a small grimace.

"What can I say, I am still new to this summoning thing. You'll have to excuse someone who has never seen it in action. " He explained. "But...seeing as it works..." Ah, there was that smirk again. Poor Ngaule would be in for some rough summonings down it seemed.

"hey. no. Actually." Ciro's words were short as he shook his head. "This was all my brother's doing. And here I was being a good sibling. But no, he had to disturb the stupid snake." Ciro grumbled. "But you're here now." Oh, sly. Very sly Ciro. "And no priestesses around, so I could use your help with some healing," he winked, the pain he had first felt forgotten momentarily with the goddess nearby.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:21 pm
Oh ye of little faith, Ciro, she told you it would work.

"Oh, is that what happened? That's too bad, I hope your brother appreciates you."

Nga raised a brow, giving him a very dubious look. Something told her that Ciro was not telling the full truth, that he was spinning the story to his own liking. Not that she doubted his brother had been involved, and a snake, but perhaps the details had not been exactly as he said.

"A snake was it? Hmmm..."

She stepped toward, reaching out with one paw to lift his from the ground, looking over the wound, letting out a tsking sound as she examined the wound. Yes, most definitely a snake, a large one at that, and judging by the fang marks...

"You are very fortunate it was not venomous. Perhaps you need someone to watch over you."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:29 pm
Amon Larethian

"Why do I get the feeling you don't believe me?" Ciro asked with a small shake of his head. "Have I ever been deceitful to you?" Had he? s**t. Rewind. No...He hadn't. At least...he didn't think so.

He nodded however, when she asked about the snake. "A large black one, hidden in the waters of an old cave filled with bats." Unfortunately, he wasn't able to snag any of the shiny rocks to take home with him. When she grabbed his paw, he resisted the urge to purr. Oh, now we were touching. Just a little closer...

"I agree." He said with a frown. "I don't think I will lost the leg. But, it hurts like hell." The herbs used with the Mwezi right now weren't helping much.

"Oh? Are you volunteering yourself?" Ah, there was the purr.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:26 pm
"I believe that you were bitten by a snake."

She did not look up, her gaze focused on his wound. She sat balanced on her hind quarters, both forepaws of the ground, one holding his paw while she gently examined the bite with the other. Not venomous, but it appeared to have become infected. Not surprising, some snakes had mouths full of bacteria. It looked as if someone had already treated the wound. It must still be very painful though.

"I might have someone in mind."

She rolled her eyes, a sly smile on her maw. Even injured, it seemed it was still as big a flirt as ever. Sorry to disappoint you again Ciro, she was not the protector you were hoping for.

"Wait here, I know where there are some herbs that will help with this."

She carefully set his paw back on the ground, stepping a short distance from him before teleporting away. She would return in a short time, perhaps long enough for him to think of another story to impress her with.

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:45 pm
Amon Larethian

"Has anyone ever told you you have the softest of paws for being a goddess of survival?" Ciro asked, trying to put on the charm as the goddess examined his arm.

"Oh?" His ears perked forward. He was about to say you when she told him to wait there.

Yep. Not going anywhere with this bum leg. He frowned, but nodded. "Sure thing..." Well, if she didn't come back, he knew of a way to get her back with the feather around his neck!

He watched her leave, still mesmerized by the ability to just dematerialize. Thoughts whirled in his mind on how deities could do that. Well, they were magic. Shaking his head, the lion rested head on his uninjured leg, waiting for the female to return.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fortunately the protector she sought was near the herbs she had in mind. She looked around, eyes settling on a tree with red berries, ah, there was what she sought. She stepped toward the tree, grasping a branch in her maw to break off a small piece full of berries and leaves, this would help.

Above her, a rustling caught her attention. A smile, the goddess looked up to see a familiar raven. He would have been quite a beautiful sight, were he not so scruffing, gray feathers with highlights of blue and yellow, a silver beak.

"Ah, there you are Judeau, still a raven I see."

The raven huffed, his feathers ruffling in indignation at being disturbed. Ngaule, goddess of survival, he knew her well, they had first met when he was a small cub.

"What do you want, Ngaule?"

Grumpy as ever.

"I have someone I'd like you to meet. A friend of mine, he has a habit of getting into trouble, I'd like to you watch over him. Maybe keep him from getting into so much trouble."

Judeau snorted, he was not interested.

"Why should I?"

"Because he could use your help? And you can't just sit here being grumpy and feeling sorry for yourself."

"Mortals are dangerous."

He did not wish to be around mortals, nor did he wish to ever leave his raven form again.

"Yes, some of them are. But his one is my friend, he may be a flirt, but he is harmless. Come on, it will be good for you, and you can stay a raven."

Huff, he turned his back, he was not convinced! Unfortunately for him, Ngaule did not give up so easily.

"Oh come on, you grumpy jerk, would you rather spend the rest of your life alone? You can peck him in the head and tell him he's being a stupid fluffhead? Enough of this, Judeau, you are coming with me!"

She reached out to swat him with a paw, sending him fluttering from his tree with an angry caw.

"Why me?"

"Why not?"

The raven glared, clearly trying to think of an argument to counter her. Huff, fine, he would humor her, for now.

"Fine, I will meet him."

But he was agreeing to nothing else! A grumpy huff, the raven settled on her shoulder as she picked up her branch of leaves and berries. Let's go already, the sooner he met this mortal, the sooner this would be over with.

"Good, you'll like him, you'll see."

A moment later, the pair had vanished, rematerializing before the dark lion once more. Ngaule smiled, pleased to see that he had listened and remained where she had asked him. This was going to work out perfectly, she was sure of it.

"I hope I did not keep you waiting long."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:38 pm
Amon Larethian

It wasn't that she took long, but with Ciro unable to really move well, he found time went by much slower. He contemplated falling asleep while he waited, but his mind wandered to the what ifs scenarios.

When she materialized again, a flashy smirk lit to his maw. "Ah, you didn't." He rose to his feet, careful of putting weight on the injured leg.

"Then again, I could wait an eternity for you." Oh, laying it on a little thick there Ciro. He had yet to see the raven companion Ngaule brought back with him. "Did you find those herbs you were looking for?" Now his mind wandered back to the pain in the arm. Hopefully they worked better than what the Mwezi lands had to offer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:05 pm
There was amusement in the goddess' eyes, shaking her head at the dark lion's words. He never gave up did he, ever the flirt. Oh Ciro, you are trying much too hard, you will never win the goddess of survival that way.

"I did, these should make you feel better."

She nodded, pulling a pawfull of the berries from her branch. As she crushed the berries in her paw to create a paste, the raven hopped from her shoulder to her head, and then into her antlers, peering skeptically at the dark lion. He did not look so special to him, why was Ngaule so insistent he help?

"This is him? Looks like a fluff-head to me."

'This is my friend Judeau, Judeau this is Ciro. You'll have to forgive him, Ciro, he is feeling a bit grumpy today."

As she spoke, she tended to Ciro's wound, covering the punctures with the berry paste. Hopefully these would help soothe some of the pain, and continue to fight what infection remained.

The raven's eyes narrowed, fluttering from Nga's antler's to Ciro's back, pecking at his mane. Hmmm...

"He is going to watch you and keep you out of trouble."

"I never agreed to to that."

"And he is large enough to frighten off any more snakes you make encounter."

Ngaule ignored Judeau's outburst, earning a glare from the god in raven disguise. She had mixed a few of the leaves in with the berry paste, taking a last look at the wound before she began to wrap it with a spare strip of deer pelt.

"There, that should help."

"Definitely a fluff-head."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:45 pm
Amon Larethian

Ciro watched the goddess crush up the berries and make a paste. It was then he noticed the raven at hand. He quirked an eyebrow. "A bird?" It had been awhile since he had his own falcon companion.

"Judeau? You want a bird to watch over me?" He asked, flabbergasted at the thought. And here he thought he was going to have the beautiful lioness to care for him. "We can be grumpy together then." Ciro muttered under his breath, hissing slightly when the paste hit the wound. He was not expecting that feeling. Kind of a tingling sensation.

As Judeau pecked his mane, Ciro frowned. "Hey. Watch it." He swished his head to the side, to avoid the large raven.

"I don't need anyone to frighten off any snakes. I can kill them just fine." He grumbled. It was getting obvious Ngaule would not be staying. He brushed off the raven.

"So what, he stays around until the day my own falcon wants to return? She might get jealous if there is another bird around." Who knew when Gwen would return. He kept her nest the way she left it, even though months had passed since he last saw her.

"Featherbrains." Ciro snorted at Judeau, glancing at the work Ngaule had done.

"Ah, I am once again, in your debt. Are you sure there isn't a way I can repay you for your gratitude?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:14 pm
Judeau huffed, wings fluttering as he moved to sit on Ciro's head between his ears, well out of reach of any paws or fangs. Judeau was not impressed with his new charge, Ngaule was going to owe him for this one, he did not appreciate her leaving him with this fluffhead!

"Yes, I can you did a spectacular job with the last snake."

There was a mocking tone in the raven's voice. If the dark lion was so good at killing snakes, then why had one bitten him? Fluff-for-brains! It was clear Ciro did need someone to watch over him, but why him? What was Ngaule's game?

"See, you two are already bonding, you will be great friends.

So much amusement in those purple eyes, a grin on her maw. Judeau would keep Ciro out of trouble, and maybe Ciro would help Judeau to come out of his shell and find a purpose agan, it was a win-win. Or they could drive each other crazy, either way.

"I'm sure they will be friends as well when she returns."

Hmmm, she had not known Ciro had a falcon friend, he had never introduced her. Well, it would give Judeau someone else to talk to and grump at, he might even expand his vocabulary of insults.

"You can repay me by giving each other a chance."

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:23 pm
Amon Larethian

Ciro glared at Judeau, or at least he would have if he could see him! The raven had perched at the top of his head. He did notice those talons, and thought best of shaking the bird off him. Those things could hurt!

"Ha-ha-ha." the Captain laughed slowly, sarcastically.

"I'm sure if he's grumpy she won't want to deal with him. She's pretty finicky herself." The thought of two sassy birds in his den was something that Ciro did not want to think of!

With one more huff, the lion reluctantly nodded. "Fine." Maybe he could use the raven to peck at his brother when he did stupid stuff? ...Maybe this could work. "You peck at my ears though, and all bets are off." Ciro advised Judeau, taking a step forward to test the bandaged paw. It stood in place. Survival had some wound covering skills.

He eyed Ngaule, a small smirk still on his maw. "So, how often does this summoning thing work?" He grinned slyly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:46 pm
"Maybe, but you will not know until they have a chance to meet will you? I am certain they will get along for you sake, won't you, Judeau."

The goddess shot a glance at the raven, silently telling him they had best get along. If she heard otherwise, well she would not be pleased. She waited until the raven gave a huff of agreement before her eyes turned to Ciro again.

"It will work as often as you need me. I do ask that you not abuse it however."

Judeau let out a caw of laughter, holding to his perch on Ciro's head, if for no other reason than he was certain it annoyed the dark lion. Oh yes, they would get along splendidly, no change this could all go horribly wrong at all. Why had he let her talk him into this?

"We'll see about that, fluffbrain."

He was not afraid of you, Ciro! But he was staying up here out of reach of any pointy ends...

"Fine Ngaule, I will watch him. But if he tries to eat me I will peck out his eyes."

Ngaule grinned, the matter was settled.

"Great, you boys behave, you'll be friends in no time."

And then she was gone, disappearing by to the stormborn lands where she was most certainly still needed, and leaving the two of them alone together.

"What now, fluffy?"

KasaiLoki

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:59 pm
Amon Larethian

"I would never abuse such a gift." Just at night. When he was bored. She couldn't resist him forever!

"Name's not fluffbrain featherhead." He grumbled, wincing as he clung onto his head. Oh, how badly he wanted to swipe at him. But with Ngaule present, he knew he shouldn't.

"I'd like to see you try. Let's see which one of us is faster." Ciro growled. "Friends? I don't see that happening." But she was gone before she likely could hear it. There Ciro was, at the border of the Mwezi lands, his leg wrapped and pain ebbing away, with a raggedy old raven perched on his head. "I guess we find my brother. No need to stay here much longer." He advised, shrugging his shoulder as he took a step towards the border. "Why don't you be useful and go scout for him. He's dark with fire like markings on him. He's probably having fun with the ladies," which is what I should be doing.  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff