User Image

It had been four full days. In four days Akamu felt like he had met the love of his life.

It didn't seem like a lot of time but between all the talks and everything they had shared emotionally, with and without words, the two lions had become extremely close. Close might not have even been the right word for it though; they went from strangers to lovers in the blink of an eye and now Akamu stood over Mako's sleeping body contemplating his choices.

She had fallen asleep a few hours before him, so watching her felt like a treat. It wasn't as if he didn't try to sleep because he had, he tossed and turned beside the sleeping female, his guilt felt so overwhelming... in all honesty he was just having a hard time settling his thoughts.

He wanted to hold onto this feeling and to Mako for as long as he could. What was he going to do? He had to go back home, even if for a short while. Would she even understand? His head was heavy with his thoughts, self-pity was getting him nowhere. He still had things he needed to figure out.

His green gaze searched every itch of her as she slept. He found small scars he had yet to discover, tiny imperfections he in seconds grew to adore, it was hard not loving her. It was like breathing. He had never felt such an explosive feeling before. But, would she respond to his affections positively? Would they be reciprocated? His mind went to dark places when he allowed it so he quickly removed himself from that place of discontent, smiling back down at her.

Unaware that she was awake and lost deep in her own thoughts as well.

User Image

Mako had also fallen in love with Akamu but wasn't really sure how to tell him. She wasn't much of a wordsmith in truth and often felt inferior when searching for the right words to use. Expression was confusing in times like this. She didn't want to slip up and say the wrong thing, yet, she had so much she felt she needed to say. What was she going to do? Her eyes shifted as she glanced up at him, speaking softly as she greeted him.

"You didn't sleep did you?" She felt so guilty being able to when he couldn't. They already felt out of cynic. She pulled herself up and sat beside him speaking again with slight nuzzle.

"Talk to me. What are you thinking? I can see you lost in something, somewhere far from here. Come back to me."

At her words the red male sighed deeply before falling into her embrace.

"I'm just thinking about my family." His words came slowly, delivered with a soft tone. He felt very small in this moment.

"I know I have to go back home. It's not like I can just vanish. I need to at least see my mothers again." He was trying him best to seem logical. He didn't want his allow his emotions to outweigh his logic, not when it came to his family. He had to be reasonable no matter ho badly he wanted her.

"But the thought of leaving you is actually killing me."

"Akamu...." Mako's voice trailed off into silence as she stared at him with golden eyes.

"I understand. I do. I know you have a life you left to come out here. I know you have family back in your pride. I won't be upset if you have to go back to see them." She paused, taking in a deep breathe before speaking again.

"If you... don't come back..." The idea made her stomach drop. Could she really say she was going to be okay with that? She felt herself turn from him slightly.

"Mako, don't." He begged, pulling her close to him with a paw.

"I will come back to you." His declaration was firm. He had never been more serious in his life. Akamu wanted to spend his life with Mako, he knew it from the second they had met beside the rive. He could feel it in his soul. He wouldn't allow her mind to wander to that place, not alone.

"Wait for me." His words came without reason or warning.

"Wait for me and I promise you I will come back soon."

She felt her heart flutter as his sudden proposal. He seemed so sure of himself, so confident in the moment. She couldn't help but smile against him as she nuzzled into his embrace.

"Do you really want this?" She couldn't help but question. It had all happened so fast after all.

"Mako. I want to come back to you. I want to call you my home." Akamu's words poured out as he held himself as still as he could, trying to be strong for her while he gathered himself and composure. He would come back to her, he had made up his mind. He would go home to say his goodbyes and as soon as he could he would be back here by her side. It was what he truly wanted. In all of his life, out of everything he had experienced, in this moment he found himself at total peace. He needed her to know it. He needed her to know that without any doubt he would be back for her.

"Please... wait for me. I promise I will be back very soon, Mako. I need you to know this." He choked on his own words.

"I love you."

Her eyes shut tightly as she fought off tears. He loved her? She could hardly see straight. It was too good to be true. She gasped under the weight of his comment before mustering up a simple reply.

"I love you too." It felt so good to say it out loud.

"I will wait for you, Akamu." Her deceleration of love and loyalty was laid out before him in an easy to read easy to understand sort of fashion, bare boned and transparent. She meant every word she said. She would wait for him for as long as it took. They belonged together.

~end with 1,033 words