[PRP] Haze (Aya, Sakari)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:21 am
Days seem to run together now since the sudden death of her grandmother. Aya could not help but continue to feel guilty of the aftermath. Sure she wasn't responsible for the death, but the last thing she had ever done to the older thrall was slash out at her in anger, not realizing who she was in the midst of a vision.

Since that time, Aya found herself secluded for the most part. She hadn't gone on a viking since, and found herself not motivated to do anything but sleep.

Aya had left her family den when she became a reaver. She found a place closer to the Warlord, in case she needed to tell her any visions she may have had. She contemplated rooming with her sister. She was the other half of the cryptic messages she saw.

Today, she found herself in a haze. There was a band of vikings roaming a path. Where, she didn't know. Who? She was unsure, but there seemed to be some sort of familiarity to them. Where they were heading? Still unclear. The dream like vision faded almost as quickly as it came. Well, at least it didn't produce as much anger or confusion as last time. But the question was, what did it mean? Who were these lions?

She needed to find Sakari. Perhaps she had an answer to what Aya couldn't understand.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:35 am
It was easy to get oneself lost in the vision, trapped in that roll of emotions and changing landscapes. Sometimes she felt she could get lost in them. Sakari sat alone as the pride moved around her, paying no mind to the lioness who would not move out of their way. These days, they had bigger things to worry about than a crazy seer.

Laughter rung in her ears, youthful and plentiful. If she had time to understand fully what she was seeing, she would have applied herself to it. But her vision swept her off of her feet, carrying her from one important message to the next. There was no reprieve for the punk-haired adolescent. The laughter echoed and disappeared, her vision full of light turning dark. Something ominous loomed just outside of her sight, but she felt its presence and its weight as its gaze lowered to a more a slightly obscured form.

Blue, in a position of weakness, but not necessarily weak. Confrontation seemed inevitable, but before any of that came Sakari snapped out of her vision. She was back into reality, watching as the pride continued with its daily struggles as she looked further ahead. Shaking her head to clear the fogginess of her vision, Sakari walked towards where she knew her sister dwelt. Now an adolescent, they had moved out of their family den. Ayanga had picked a spot closer to the Warlord, so it made finding her easy.

"Ayanga. We need to talk." She announced as she came upon her sibling's den.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:27 pm
Krysin

Just as Ayanga was about to leave her den, she spotted the pop of color that her twin was known for just on the horizon. It too, seemed that the adolescent lioness was on a mission to see her. The paler of the sisters sat, waiting for Sakari to near. It was she who ended up speaking first.

Aya’s ears swiveled towards her as she shook the long braid from her eyes. “I was just about to come to you, Sakari.” Aya started with a frown. She motioned for her twin to enter the den. There was no need for anyone to hear the conversation the two were about to have.

“Tell me. What have you seen?” It was a typical question the pale lioness started asking when first seeing her sister. Aya knew her sister shared the same abilities she did to an extent. “Well…I guess I should ask, good or bad?” The frown still remained. She didn’t know how to interpret her own vision. A band of reavers, well-seasoned, but….who were they? The two needed to get together more to compare their visions as they occurred. Maybe then they could get a grasp of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:44 pm
They were young, and Sakari was certainly a brash sort of lioness - but even she had learned to be discreet when it came to her visions. Following her sister's lead, she entered Ayanga's den. Away from the curious gaze of her fellow pride members, they would be able to figure out just what their visions meant. It was terribly inconvenient that one another held the key to the other sibling's vision. But, at least she did not share her sight with a stranger.

"You've had one too," Sakari confirmed with a small frown. The visions were becoming more frequent, as if something were coming and their sight was desperately trying to warn them of it.

"I don't know, it's hard to tell whether it's good or bad. From one perspective, maybe?" The chocolate colored sister shrugged her shoulders and seated herself at the back of Ayanga's den. She leaned back against the cold wall, letting the chill run its course through her body. She needed to wake up her mind so she could figure out what it was that she had seen. "I heard the sound of... laughter, crying. I think... cubs? But then that faded away and there was some figure there, dark, strong. I couldn't tell what it looked like. There was someone who was very blue, and they were protecting... defending something?" She shrugged her shoulders, helpless to understand her sight on her own.

"And what did you see, Ayanga?" That was the missing piece of the puzzle, she was sure.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:08 pm
Krysin

The paler twin nodded. "Since grandmother's death, they've been more on a daily basis. Some have been just strange feelings I haven't felt before others..." her words trailed off. Ayanga listened as her sister spoke her own vision.

"Blue?" There weren't many blue lions in the pride. Her first thought. "The Warlord?"

"I saw the rogue lands. I think it was a place Ciro had taken us when I became a reaver." She couldn't say for sure, one tree in the lands looked exactly like another. Aya felt familiarity with it though. "But I'm not sure. I saw a group. A group of us. of Reavers. I don't think we've met them before...so maybe they are someone who has been out on a long mission?" She advised. "But they had a lot with them." Trinkets, pelts, an obvious sign of a very success raid or multiple raids. "I just...don't know where they are heading." Aya felt a tug that they were heading home, but her visions weren't always clear.

"What do you think they mean?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:12 pm
"Do you think her death is triggering them?" Sakari asked with a small frown. Their grandmother had not survived the birth of her latest litter, and her absence had been felt now more than ever. If tragedy was the key to activating their visions, Sakari considered herself far better off without the sight.

Sakari shrugged, "Could be anyone really. It was hard to discern a certain shape or any actual markings. Anyone related to the current Warlord is a likely suspect." She didn't want to make a hasty decision when it came to her visions. Sakari could not afford to be wrong, or to warn the wrong lion of their fate. But, she wasn't even sure what that fate was yet. All she received were these brief glimpses and tantalizing clues.

The truth was still far away, too far, and she could not grasp it. "If they were out on a long mission, it would explain why they had a bunch of stuff with them." The chocolate lioness agreed with her pale sister. Her paw lifted, placed underneath her chin as a look of contemplation crossed her face. "If they've got enough bounty, they should be on their way back. So, maybe I am seeing the result of their return?" It was always how their visions worked. Ayanga saw what happened to cause something, and Sakari managed to see the aftereffects.

"I don't know, Ayanga. I really don't, but I think it's trouble."

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:22 pm
Krysin

"Ever since the..." Aya paused. She hated speaking of the day she lashed out against her grandmother. It wasn't the adolescent's fault. Her mind was lost in her own vision, and in a fit of rage at the shadow creature she attacked. Astrid just happened to be nearby when it happened. "...nevermind." She had explained it to Sakari once. She didn't need to do so again.

Aya nodded. That was true. There were quite a few blue lions around, especially those related to the Warlord. "I guess seeing her more my mind thinks of her." The twins ighed.

"Perhaps. But, who are they. Should we let it go, or should we mention this to the Warlord. Are these...visions...we have...are they set in stone? Or are our actions what cause them to happen?" More questions her twin probably didn't have the answer too.

"I...just don't want anyone to not be prepared. If it's trouble, a warning is needed." Great, more warnings from the crazy seer sisters. That would go well in the pride.

"Maybe if we see Zjarri'fol together...she would understand our concern?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:51 pm
Sakari wouldn't press her sister on that subject, knowing how sensitive it was to Ayanga still. There had been no time for her sibling to reconcile with their grandmother before her passing. It was too late to fix what errors had been made, and no way to ask for forgiveness. She was sure it was something Ayanga would never forget, so if Sakari could spare her sibling talking about it... she would.

"I don't feel like we even know enough right now to bring it to anyone's attention. So we've got a viking band returning and they'll cause trouble for someone? That's pretty vague." Their visions had always been important, but right now she couldn't justify bringing it to the Warlord's attention. They truly knew nothing despite all that they had seen. It left an unsettled feeling in the pit of her stomach. Against her better judgment, she wanted to bring it up to the Warlord's attention.

She just... couldn't allow herself to yet. She'd rather provide valuable information than misinformation. "What are we even warning them about, though? I just... I don't know if we should do anything until we know for sure. I don't want to put someone into a panic when our visions don't even effect them." It wasn't the first time the siblings did not see eye to eye. Sakari could not stop Ayanga if her sibling really wanted to go to the Warlord, but she did hope Ayanga heeded her advice.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:10 pm
Krysin

Aya knew Sakari was right. They didn't know who this band was, and who they would be causing trouble for. Only that they were...blue? "I just don't want us to know something and it be too late to tell anyone else." The pale twin sighed. She didn't need that on her conscious too.

"Do we just...wait then?" She asked. It didn't seem right to do nothing.

Then, Aya got a thought. "Or...." She started. "Why don't we do a little investigation on our own. Let's go find out what lions have been out on a viking for a while now that hadn't come home! It'd have to be before we were born. Surely there aren't that many lions....?" She wondered. "Perhaps we can ask about those who might have been thought to be killed in action? What if they weren't, but just hadn't come back yet?"

The adolescent glanced towards her sister, to see how receptive she was of the idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 am
"We may always be too late," Sakari answered softly. She had begun to doubt their ability to do anything about their visions. The adolescent couldn't help but question if fate was already set in stone, and that they were merely there to witness it all unfold. What a terrible fate that would be, to have all this knowledge and know that it would change nothing. Sakari wasn't ready to give up, not without proof that they couldn't change the outcome of their visions. She was a lioness born of the storm - she would not give up so easily.

Her sister provided just the right amount of good sense that they needed to keep hopes high. Sakari smiled, "Perfect. I agree with that course of action. I'm not against bringing it up to the Warlord, but I'd rather have as much information as possible before we say anything to her." The last time she had brought news to the Warlord, she had been frantic and nearly out of her mind with worry. Her news had come too late, and she could still feel the emptiness in the pit of her stomach.

She had gotten used to it by now, that constant, gnawing hunger clawing at her insides. "We don't have much time to waste, Ayanga. Let's split up and start trying to uncover who our mystery viking band are." Sakari nodded her head to her sister, giving confirmation that their plan was a-go. Standing back up, she walked over to Ayanga and placed a reassuring paw on her sibling's shoulder.

"We'll figure this out - we have to." With those words of reassurance given, Sakari hurried out of the den to try and do a little investigating on her own.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas