Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:54 am
User Image

Home had been a relief from the goings on outside of the pride, even if she'd gone for a brief....stint, she had been happy to return and settle her paws back in her den again. She'd grown fat and grumpier than usual and then had her cubs with relative ease. It'd been quite the thing to tell her brother, the current Warchief, who looked both perplexed and equally amused at his younger sister wanting a family of all things. But she'd insisted it was good for the pride to have fresh blood from outside of their ranks...besides the male she'd picked was adequately strong enough.

Today she lay outside of her den and overlooked the goings on beneath her as Grunts went about their fights and practices and, their training and their squabbles over food whilst she soaked up the sunlight and enjoyed the relative peace the pride had been offered since the return of their leader.

There were still....things that worried her about all that, but none the less, that too would be taken care of. Her main concern right now was the welfare of the pride's fighters...and her cubs.

Vashtya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:43 pm
User Image

A small, chocolate-brown cub blinked awake inside the den, a sleepy yawn making his jaws open wide. Stretching, he flexed his claws, his gaze still slightly blurred, a combination of youth and having just woken up.

Clumsy, he made his way toward the bright entrance of the den, his footing unsteady, but not at all hesitant. He blinked rapidly as he emerged, unused to how bright it was out here. As his eyes adjusted to the brighter light, they widened at how...large everything was! He was so distracted by the sights, the sounds (no longer muffled by the walls of the den), and even the smells, that it took him a moment to notive his mother, although she was sunning herself close to the den's entrance.

Once he did, however, he smiled and lowered himself into a crouch, then pounced, a rather pitiful (if playful) yowl preceding the small, fuzzy body hurtling itself at his mother's much larger body.

Lightning Shadow X

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Golka was keeping such an attentive eye on the goings on of her Grunts that she almost didn't notice her tiny son till she spotted a small chocolate speck out of the corner of her eye. Her ear flicking in his direction as she continued to pretend she hadn't spotted him, even with his amusing little yowl and pouncing position. And even the weight behind his pounce was minimal compared to her large and muscular bulk, responding with a huff as she turned her head finally and moved to scoop up her son with her large paws and a chuckle.

"And what was that, little whelp?" She responded with a small smile as she dragged her tongue across his forehead a few times. "Attempting to take down your mother in a duel already?"

Mother. The thought of being such was still so strange to her brain, she, the High Warlord, a mother...and to such small and precious creatures that could barely do anything and depended on her. At her core it was a little frightening, but she covered it well.

"Have you slept well?"

Vashtya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:19 pm
Throm grinned, nodding even as he wriggled, trying to evade his mother's grooming. "I was close, wasn't I? You didn't even see me comin'!" He looked almost obscenely proud of himself.

Finally conceding defeat, in regards to accepting her attentions semi-graciously, he leaned against her, making himself comfortable. For a cub so small, he was remarkably self-assured, comfortable basking in his mother's affection...at least for a little while.

"Yep!" He replied, tipping his head back to look directly at her. "Everyone else takes too long to wake up, though," he then grumbled, although his tone didn't sound too put-out.

Lightning Shadow X

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:05 pm
Golka let her cub squirm and wriggle in her paws for all the good it did whilst she tried to groom him, gently settling one large paw on him to stop his actions briefly so she could clean the small starts of a mane he had. When he eventually calmed down against her and made his boast it made it all the more easy to do so and she huffed a small chuckle at the confidence her young son was showing already.

"Indeed, if not a grunt you might do well as a scout one day." She commented lightly, she already thought of the future of her cubs, it wasn't her place to enforce where their life lead them. But it was interesting to think where they'd end and what they'd do, atleast slightly. However hers were still young and playful.

His comment on his siblings made her chuckle however.

"It's because they're young, like you my little whelp, but they will wake soon...are you that eager for a sparring partner?"

Vashtya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:42 am
Managing to wriggle onto his back, Throm grinned happily up at his mother, batting at her face gently with velvet-soft paws.

"I'm gonna be one of the toughest warriors around when I grow up!" He declared. Although truthfully, if his current personality didn't change dramatically as he grew up...she might have hit the nail on the head, in regards to what would suit him best.

At her (admittedly accurate assessment), he sighed. "Maybe - sleeping is just so...boring. You never know what you might be missing, is all." He scrunched his nose up again, as if the mere thought of missing out on something interesting because he had been sleeping was offensive.

Lightning Shadow X

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:25 am
Golka simply admired her tiny son as he batted at her face and managed a smile reserved purely for her family members and closest companions in the pride at his declaration of the future. A chuckle rumbling through her large frame as she nuzzled her child to her.

"I have no doubts, I'm sure your uncle will be quite proud to see such spirited young warriors in the making." She hoped at least, she couldn't help but smirk internally at the thought of her brother being a touch sour that she'd had cubs before him. But she hoped that Garok loved her children as much as she did, they were family after all.

The comment at sleep made her laugh as she smooshed against his scrunched up baby face with a smirk in some attempt to reassure her son. "You'll have all the time in the world, my son, trust me, before you know it you'll be sprouting a mane and getting into spars with all the others in the pride." She smiled. "I know you and your brothers and sisters will bring the Warborn great honor."

Vashtya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:18 pm
Throm made a small rumble of his own, returning his mother's nuzzle with a gentle headbutt.

"Uncle? When do we get to meet him?" He immediately asked, predictably curious about this family member that he had yet to meet. His chest visibly puffed out at his mother's praise, likely looking ridiculous on such a still-small cub.

When his mother smooshed his face, laughing, he pulled back, righteously indignant. "But what if something important, or worse, exciting, happens while I'm asleep?" He grumbled, only slightly mollified by her affirmation of what he was already certain of. The only thing that would be worse than missing something would be if one of his siblings didn't do so. Could a cub skip sleeping altogether, he wondered silently.

"Have you won a lot of spars?" He asked, hoping he could coax a tale of glory from her.

Lightning Shadow X

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:58 am
Admiring her son for a moment or two at his gentle headbutt she just offered a warm chuckle, such an inquisitive little he was....she couldn't remember if she had been the same at his age. But it was hard to imagine ever being so small with the size she was now.

"Soon enough, he will probably come to see you all...and believe me if something did happen and it was exciting then most likely you cubs would be the first to notice next to the scouts." She huffed amusedly at him and nudged him with her muzzle before he questioned her sparring and glanced back down over the view below with the grunts, generals and peons milling about their lives.

"Many times, I wouldn't have become the High Warlord if I hadn't won my fair share of spars, my son...and who knows, maybe you will do the same and give your mother a run for her title hm?"

Vashtya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:19 pm
Throm looked up at his mother, eyes narrowing slightly, as if debating whether she was laughing at him. Deciding that the answer to that was no, he lay on his back, looking up at her as they spoke.

"Good. I'll sneak up on him, too - then he'll definitely be impressed!" He said easily, wriggling slightly as he considered what else she'd said. "I guess that's true..." he sounded thoughtful, and perhaps hopeful, as well.

He made a face as she spoke about him giving her a run for her title. "I'd never fight you, Mama," he said, a stubborn expression on his small face, before almost immediately changing direction...or rather, returning to what he really wanted to know. "What was your most impressive spar?" He asked, sitting up, whiskers twitching.

Lightning Shadow X
I am so sorry for being so slooooowwww <3333

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:31 pm
Golka watched her son with a quiet form of admiration at the honor the little one already displayed before nuzzling his tiny body again with a loud rumble as she dragged her tongue over him as she cleaned him whilst he spoke, ear flicking gently as she listened to his words. The smallest of smiles on her muzzles.

"I'm glad to hear that, my son, though practice will have to happen when you are big enough..." With a movement she gently stood up and moved her cub off between her paws. "For now however, let's see if you can have maybe a bit more sleep so you don't get tired out before your siblings do, hm?"

Gently she reached down and grasped her huge mouth around her son's neck to lift him up like he weighed nothing and comparitively he really didn't, turning on large paws to carry him back into the den despite any protests the tiny cub might've had.

Vashtya
I'm literally the worst, sorry. OTZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:42 am
He only wrinkled his nose a little at her continued attentions, squirming when her rough tongue pushed the tuft of hair on his head into standing on end. Using tiny paws to press it back down, he grunted a good-natured protest of the indignity, waiting expectantly for stories of his mother's prowess. He was, however, at least for today, destined for disappointment.

When she picked him up, he started to wriggle in protest, but he tapered off quickly into a put-upon sigh, already learning that sometimes, you had to pick your battles. He did, however, begin to mutter how he "wasn't sleepy", only to be made a liar as his own massive yawn interrupted him.

Lightning Shadow X
xD not at alllll! <333 and on that note, I think this wraps it up nicely!

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

[IC] Vita'Alizaliwa Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces