Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Haven had changed. Kituko had always liked to hide there, away from the mortal realm whenever it overwhelmed her. Fear was easily overwhelming, and though she had a better grasp on her powers, it still slipped away from her paws. Her eyes would reflect a heart's true fear to its viewer, and unfortunately that usually caused horrible things to happen to her. Screaming, attacks....thankfully usually her unfortunate victim ran away from her. But the uncertainty of what would happen kept her tucked in the Haven more often than not.

But Death had changed that. Now she had no where to hide.

Granted, the goddess had been trying to not instinctively hide in the Haven. The foolish goddess had bore a cub, just a single girl, and Kituko had to learn quickly how to care for something other than herself. Her mother had offered some help, and at the moment was watching over the little silver cub while Kituko tried to see if it really was impossible to return to the Haven. And it was.

"What do I do now," she whispered to herself, her tail twitching behind her constantly. Her wings were twitching in irritation, unsure of what to do with herself now. "Can I find somewhere here to hide away...?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was a sparse, marginal land that he chose to live in, the better to avoid having to see other people. Having to see them dying. It was Susurro's lifelong curse, to be able to see the deaths of every individual he gazed upon, and he desperately hated it.

So he was rather annoyed to crest a ridge of earth and see someone before him. However, his anger was short-lived, replaced by curiosity. Not only was this some massively large lioness, but she bore massive wings in addition. And he didn't see any trace of death. Oh sure, he saw plenty of other things, but not that.

Interest aroused, the leopard came closer, not making any effort to conceal himself.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:18 pm
Kituko was so wrapped up in her own worries that it wasn't until someone drew a bit too close she finally realized it. Her eyes opened wide, though as they were solid black it wasn't too easy to see that they did widen in surprise. She quickly folder her wings up against her sides. It wouldn't do much good, but she felt better with her wings close to her body.

She had never bothered trying to disguise what she was. She had attempted it once, but her powers had slipped through; it was impossible to hide what you were when your eyes betrayed you.

"H-hello?" she stupidly asked, knowing that the leopard clearly had seen her; she was staring right at him. She was thankful Tya wasn't with her; flying with a cub in her mouth was still too hard for the goddess to handle in case she needed to flee.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:22 pm
"Hello," the leopard responded, watching the other curiously. Her body language told him much more than her appearance - he could understand shyness and wanting to conceal her wings, futile though the effort was.

"I've never seen a lion with wings before," he remarked. Maybe he should've just asked outright, but it seemed rude, a demand for information he didn't necessarily have a right to. This way, she could avoid answering the question if it made her as uncomfortable as his very presence seemed to.

Hell, he was just awkward. Susurro cultivated a grumpy outside to chase off anyone who might come close so he didn't have to see them die. But in the presence of someone whose death he didn't - couldn't - see, the leopard felt young and naive.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:06 pm
Kituko attempted to shuffle her wings even closer to her body, but the movements did little but highlight them even more. She wasn't really sure what to say; normally everyone was horrified to see her wings,especially as they were not fully bird or bat.

"W-wings?" she stupidly asked again, though it was clear to her opinion that it was something he couldn't quite let go...as he shouldn't. "Y-yeah, they just sort of...sit there. On my shoulders." She tried to laugh, but it came out a little sad, and she stood there silent for a moment. She was looking around in different directions, and then she looked at the leopard again.

"Don't they....frighten you?" she asked quietly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:11 pm
The leopard blinked in surprise at the question and paused to consider it. Obviously the liones seemed somewhat embarrassed, but now she'd become quiet, as hif she didn't want to scare him off. Why that should be the case, he didn't know.

"No, I am not frightened," Susurro replied at last. "Should I be?" he continued, mouth feeling odd as he finished speaking. Something about the muscles...then he realized; he was smiling. It was such an unfamiliar expression for his face to wear in a world surrounded by death, that the change was noticeable.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:25 pm
For a moment, Kituko was surprised. She felt herself fluster, just a bit, and then she huffed like a childish cub. "You should be," she sulked for a moment. It was clear that he knew nothing of gods, at least not in the physical sense. She had realized that many prayed to their own personal gods...something she knew she would never receive herself. Would would pray to Fear to protect them? But as fear was such an integral part of life, especially for mortals, here she existed. She knew she was rather powerful as well, though not nearly as strong as her mother's potential.

"I embody Fear," she replied, letting her sullen feelings fall to the wayside. "It is what I am, and what unfortunately controls me...I am used to nearly everyone running from me, horrified." She wrapped her tail around her back leg, letting the tuft of fur at the end twitch on top of her hind paw.

"I cannot say if it is wrong to not fear me, but it is odd for one to not."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:29 pm
Fear? She was...Fear? Susurro wasn't certain what the lioness meant by it, but he did not feel such emotion looking at her. Or perhaps it was overshadowed by his relief at not seeing her death, his puzzlement, confusion, curiosity, and joy at the same. Regardless, it was an odd consideration.

"Perhaps, but I cannot imagine fearing you. To see you is...a release from Fear," the leopard told her. He decided to come clean. Something told him she might truly understand.

"When I look at a person - any person, I see their death. Always. But...not yours. How then could I fear to look at you?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:25 pm
He could see...death? This was something she had never heard of before, though she understood the existence of Seers. A rare trait, though the blood of a god could sway one to have visions, as she had seen with those who shared her father's bloodline.

"It is doubtful I would die," Kituko replied carefully. "I am theoretically an undying being....a goddess. Given power by mortals, and my power is fed through...fear. It is how I represent Fear itself, even if there are many times it consumes me."

She hoped that answer was clear enough, though there was always the chance she overshared. He seemed quick enough to understand what it was she was explaining. "Fear is an unfortunate aspect of life," she added on sadly. It was how she knew she would always exist.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:28 pm
Purple eyes widened in shock. A goddess? The goddess of Fear? Well, at the very least that did explain wings. Goddesses wouldn't have to worry about little things like having extra limbs, or so Susurro reasoned. But of course such a powerful being would be beyond the deaths he could see, it did make perfect sense.

"I've heard it said that fear is what keeps us...non-gods...alive," the leopard offered diffidently. "Certainly fear of what I can see is what drives me to live in such an inhospitable land," he told her wryly, gesturing at the scrubland all around them.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:25 pm
"Fear can be healthy," Kituko admitted. "But it can also be a source of origin for violence. At times, that is how others react to me." Her sides heaved with a heavy sigh, carefully keeping her eyes down for the moment. She had to keep more of her emotions in check. "There are times my power runs away from my control, and my eyes will reflect a person's deepest fear back to them. It is not...pleasant."

She glanced at the landscape around them. SHe hadn't been paying too much attention, as she had been trying to see if she could understood what had happened in the Haven. She was close to the base of it, being able to see glipses of the mountain reaching upwards into the sky. It felt wrong, and she felt like she wasn't going to be able to return for quite a while.

"Yes, but perhaps survival is unique for all...." she thought absentmindedly, considering the unknown future of the Haven and all the souls it possessed.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:29 pm
"I can see why people would fear meeting your gaze," Susurro agreed. He himself wasn't too certain he wanted to take a good look. Thus far it had been a decent meeting with the wonder of the goddess whose death was nowhere in Sight. He didn't want to ruin it simply for something neither could help.

"Still, I think you're not a scary person, even if you embody Fear. That's what you are, not who. Just like I'm not just a Seer of death, I'm Susurro," the leopard explained, introducing himself finally.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces