[PRP] Don't be Late

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:31 pm
"Don't be late. You know what will happen if you are." the voice sneered in her mind, causing the dark adolescent to visibly flinch. She had been given permission to be away to help take care of some young cubs in the absence of their reaver parents, but now that they were home, she was back in the clutches of... him. She didn't like it, but she couldn't argue. She was too old to go back to her mother, and even in that family Lua wasn't sure she wanted to be a part of it.

So she remained doing duties for the pale beast with the fire mane in hopes he would treat her well. Most of the time he was out, but in the days he wasn't, and his children and other thralls weren't around...well...Lua never wanted to reminisce those memories. It was the 'joy' of being a growing female, to be used on a whim on of a brute.

"Just don't be late..." Lua reminded herself with a sigh. She was instructed to bring back dinner for the reaver, and his children. (He only acknowledged two of them, but Lua wouldn't question it.) She headed to the dwindling herds. The famine had been hard on them just as they had been on the pride itself.

"Hopefully there is something big there..." if she brought home something small, like a rabbit, oh...he would be so angry.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:58 pm
User Image

Coming to terms with immortality felt heavy. So heavy in fact Ari wore the worry around his head like a golden crown, a crown that was slowly sliding down his neck to choke him slowly, everyday the weight of it crushing a new part of his spirit, chipping away at little parts of himself. He just couldn't repair it, not quickly enough at least. Being a father who knew he would long out live his own children really shook him to his core. He had loved a mortal and was rejected because of his God status. He had allowed himself to feel pain in a way he had never felt before, he mourned her for years.

Maybe it wasn't her so much as what she represented? He knew deep down it was never going to happen and still he tried until he almost forced a rejection out of her. It was more like she represented apart of himself that he was afraid of: His god status and immortality. He both loved it and detested it in the same breathe.

Speaking to his mother helped ease his mind for now, but this feeling followed him like a dark could.

His eyes grew heavy as he stopped walking, realizing he had been walking for hours.

"What..." He muttered, opening his eyes so he could see his new surroundings. Had he really lost that much time marching in a daze?  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:48 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

Lua froze, spotting the larger lion. He seemed to stick out a lot, his pristine pelt against the otherwise dreary landscape. Her eyes widened, noticing another attribute of the lion. Other than his larger size (storm born were large to begin with, but he seemed even bigger than them), the thrall noticed the horn that was seemingly embedded into his head. "What the..." She stared for a moment, until the other seemed to be made aware of his surroundings.

What was he? Oh. Shoot was he looking this way? Luamei quickly averted her gaze, walking up towards the male. He was in the direction of the herds. There was no way of avoiding him.

"Er---excuse me," Lua said quickly, brushing past the god. Don't make a scene. Don't make a scene.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:16 am
"Oh hey, excuse me." Ari thought nothing of his wandering and as soon as she walked by him he stopped and turned quickly. He wanted to know where he ended up this time, so with a smile the God waved a paw and spoke, his tone completely relaxed and affectionate. It was in his nature to be so kind, after all. It was apart of who he was.

"Sorry to bother you, miss, but I think I've gotten myself a little turned around. Mind telling me where I am?" As he spoke the larger male sat himself down and flicked his tail from side to side.

"You see, I do this sometimes, or at least lately. I keep losing track of time and it can get a little... bothersome. Anyway. I'm so sorry, I am being incredibly rude. My name is Ari, I'm the God of Patience, son of Balance and Purity." He spoke as if she somehow needed to know any of this. He had gotten use to greeting other Gods.

"What, if I might ask, is your name?" He wanted to be friendly so she wouldn't feel threatened by him. She was darker and smaller. Something about her eyes made him feel.... upset.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:19 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

The thrall found herself freezing. Oh. no. no no no. Don't keep talking to me.

Luamei closed her eyes, listening to his voice. It was so mellow, so kind. Completely different than what she was use to with her current owner. (The Captain of the children she had watched was nice as well, but Lua remembered him from her childhood as the male who had taken her away from her mother. There would always be animosity with him, no matter how nice he truly was.)

"Um...You are... in the Myrsky Syntynyt lands...The Stormborn." She clarified, finding herself shaking like a leaf as she spoke. She had never met a god before, and the fact was if she continued speaking with him, she would surely be late to bring dinner back to Kristanf.

"It's um..nice to meet you Ari. I...should get going," still refusing to look him in the eye, her ears flickered towards him. "Oh...you can call me Lua. I must go though...Our land has been hurting, and if there is nothing in the herd space to hunt, I have to find another option to bring back to my master, otherwise..." her tone lowered as she shook her head. Nope, not going to think of that!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:41 pm
Ari didn't understand her outward appearance at all. She seemed so frightened, he felt almost guilty for looking at her. It was like she couldn't even bring herself to actually see him. Had... had he done something wrong? His heart sank into his throat as she spoke, his eyes narrowed. Was she abused? Did this 'master' hurt her? He just couldn't understand why someone would react in such a way. He felt truly out of control in this situation.

"Hey, wow. wait." He intruded mid-sentence. Ari felt very compelled to stop her from leaving him. He felt...

"Lua, was it? Hey, let me help you." He didn't feel good about leaving her alone after her reaction. He couldn't actually do that even if he tried to at this point. That wasn't who he was. He didn't need a reason to help anyone and apart of him wanted to help her. She just... her face burned into his mind even when he blinked. That face was truly soul-crushing.

"How about it?" Even if he couldn't offer her anything else, the least he could do was help her find something to eat and fast.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:50 pm
Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Lua found her eyes meeting his. “Why would you want to help me?” She asked quietly, trying to find some confidence in her words, but they still came out shaky.

“You’re a god…don’t you have…other things to do other than helping a thrall?” Servant, or slave for lack of better words. She shook her head. If she accepted the males help, would the reaver care? Would he question an unknown male’s scent on her, or even the kill? Would he assume that she stole the meal from another, and punish her that way? There were so many questions she thought off. Being her age, she shouldn’t have to.

“I…don’t think that is a wise idea.” Lua said honestly. “But I can’t stop you if you follow.” She added quickly, not wanting to insult the male by denying his request.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:18 pm
"I'm not looking to bother you any, really." He admitted and stood very still, he felt so guilty. He wanted to make this moment right, to fix anything he might have messed up. At her words he frowned though. Something inside the God couldn't grasp the concept of titles. He didn't understand what a Thrall even was. To be honest... he lived a very privileged life. He never wanted for a thing. He had never met a slave before.

Even so, he found himself very attached to his current predicament. If he left her would she be able to find food on her own? why did she seem so afraid to be near him? All of this was strange. He shook his head and did his best to regather his thoughts before speaking again.

"I don't have anything else to do. Really."

He figured if he could reassure her somehow it would make the moment mended, that if he could make her see he was simply trying to be kind she might actually let her guard down. In truth, this all went over his head. He was was far away from his comfort zone.

"You don't need a reason to help, at least, that's how I feel?..." Ari did his best to muster up a smile. If she didn't want him around he would leave her alone. He wanted to respect her boundaries.

But he was trying.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:27 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

If Lua had any other 'owner', the situation would probably play out differently. If she still lived with Ciro, she would probably welcome the male to help her. But with the loaded gun that was Kristanf, the young seer had to be careful. She did not need him going off for any sort of reason.

Unfortunately, hanging around a God was likely one of those reasons. Especially not being one of the deities the Stormborn seemed to look towards. Patience...Majority of the members in the pride lacked that. The god before her domain was not one the Stormborn would even recognize.

"I thank you for your...kind words. But, I think I can manage on my own." Already she had lost some time talking with the pale male. Any more...

Maybe she should get help from him?

She glanced at him hesitantly. "You can help...just...don't get too close okay." She did not need to explain why another scent was on her.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:23 pm
"I can do that." He again felt a little unsure but was going to follow her request as closely as possible. He would help from afar. Whatever that meant he was sure to find out. If she needed to hunt he could maybe do the killing himself. He thought for a long second before nodding in reply.

"Lead the way." He wanted to try to assure her of his intentions and how he had no desire to harm her or to interfere with her daily activities. He, being unaware of her personal life or situation could only speculate after all. Though the whole meeting was by chance and at random he wanted to do what he could for her.

Her eyes would haunt him if he didn't try. Something about her was so somber, she reminded him of someone else he once knew...

He blinked, quickly flushing any thoughts of her out of his mind.  

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:44 pm
Pandorus Sphinx

Luamei nodded. She wasn't sure what she was getting herself into having the god tag along, but...if he would help her out, maybe there wouldn't be any consequences when she returned to the den with a kill in tow.

With a sigh, the lioness continued to walk, leading the way as Ari put it, towards the dwindling herds of the Stormborn lands.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games