Submit

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Amalthea had run a very long way she was tired and frightened, her legs hurt and she was out of breath when she arrived in the Nil'nocere Lands her caught sight of a creature, they kinda looked like a lion, but were smaller and thinner. So she was a bit afraid to go towards them after her ordeal with the small lioness who had threatened her and chased her off. She smiled a little looking at the flowers in their mane and tail. She couldn't help but giggle a little, a lion wear flowers? That was different. Were they a lion? She wasn't really sure. She picked herself up. Her white fur dirty from fleeing she had not had time to clean herself up. She looked around at the green and the flowers this place certainly was different than anywhere she had been before.

Amalthea sat down on the grass and started making a crown of flowers carefully piecing them together. She made a mistake and sighed watching the crown fall apart into the grass. She picked up a piece and started again trying to get the crown of flowers to stay together. It was a good distraction and helped her feel more relaxed.

5. Apini is quite a whimsical Cheeton that carries flowers around in his mane. Did your SoA think he was weird at first? Do your SoA think he's important to the pride's ecosystem? Do your SoA think you could to the same job, or better? RP an event where your character(s) mocks or mimics Apini in some way.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:33 am
User ImageTrying to help with the bees was not Cato's cup of tea. Even after she'd sorted how she felt about them, there was the awkward realization that she still might not like them very much. Oh, she definitely agreed that they were essential to the pride! Without them, the flowers that she loved and treasured caring for would hardly bloom, much less prosper the way they had in the past year. But she felt like she could respect the buzzing little fuzzballs without necessarily liking them. Not...that she was planning to mention that to anybody anytime soon. Especially not Apini, the poor dear.

The green-pawed lioness, then, had been doing her best to be as useful as possible without actually putting herself in the path of any bees. One such duty involved looking after the borders...kind of. It was more like gathering useful and/or pretty plants at the borders. But it did involve walking a patrol, and as long as she kept an eye out for other things, surely it still counted as helping. So it was that, with a pouch at her side bursting with wildflowers and other greenery, she came upon the dirty leopardess. That she was a stranger registered to Cato only on second thought. First and foremost was a concern for her state - made apparent when a blurted "My goodness! Are you okay?" became the first words from her lips.

Midnightglow18

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:33 am
Anderleit

Amalthea blinked frightened and hurt. She had been harassed by a young lioness not long ago and now she had a lioness was asking her if she was alright. She was nervous and she dropped the flowers she had been trying to make into a crown. "Umm well, I Umm.. I ran a long way.. and I'm a bit sore.." She said looking away from the lioness and back to her flower crown. She had been planning to avoid lions from now on, but that was rather hard unless she was willing to avoid all creatures since it was hard to say when one would meet a lion. Then again that was unfair since not every lion would be the same as the next, that was just a frightened small minded thought. She flicked her tail nervously again and played with her flower crown she was working on because of seeing that one creature with flowers in their mane.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:17 am
Oh dear, look what she'd done now. The lioness' face creased with concern. She hadn't meant to frighten the poor thing! Shrugging the pouch over her head, Cato did her best to crouch down, to get closer to the smaller feline's level. She was most assuredly not a threat; no one in the Nil'nocere was. The last thing she wanted to convey to this dear child was anything in contrast to that truth.

"Why have you been running?" Cato asked softly. Her eyes, wide and unassuming, blended with the greenery that had fallen from her satchel and now lie strewn about their paws. There were so many more questions waiting behind that first. Where had this strangely-marked leopardess come running from? Why had she run here? Did she know anything about their current problem? "Are you injured?" But the most pertinent things had to come first. Cato would be remiss in her duty to the pride - and her responsibility to this visitor - if she didn't make sure that she was healthy and well before all else.

Midnightglow18

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:20 am
Anderleit

Amalthea looked down very focused on her flower crown as she thought of the young lioness who had threatened her in the rogue lands. "Umm well I was in the rogue lands and I was in a tree and this young lioness said the tree was hers.. They wouldn't go away so I could get down and leave so I was stuck.. " She shivered thinking about the ordeal. Amalthea was a very gentle leopard, she had never wanted to hurt anyone else, the time she had spent with the pride that had been trying to form she wanted to learn to be a healer. "So once I finally worked up enough courage I jumped and ran away." She blushed. She knew she was older than the young lioness but she had still been frightened. "I'm not sure I was so frightened, I'm a bit sore and tired." She was also still dirty her white her matted with dirt from her travels.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:47 pm
Cato nodded along with the leopard's story, crooning soft little noises of assent where appropriate. Now it all made sense - how else would she have spooked this young one so easily? All at once, the lioness was filled with remorse - but also a bit of righteous fury. Truthfully, it wasn't because of her that this dear child was afraid; it was because some upstart out in the rogue lands had decided to be cruel. "Not all lions will act like that rude creature," Cato murmured, trying to sound reassuring. Unfortunately, even she could hear her opinion of the rogue coming through, and it mostly made her sound annoyed. "Nor are we all so foolish. No one can own a tree, no more than you can own the sky, or the sun." She was all about giving someone the benefit of the doubt, especially one forced to survive on their own out there, but... the sheer audacity of that lioness! The thought stirred the gardener's irritation all over again, and she snorted dismissively.

"I'm sorry that one lion was mean to you. It's a hard life out there on one's own - some allow themselves to become hardened by it, and forget compassion." She reached out gently, moving to touch the nearest blue paw with her own brilliant green. "But you won't find anyone like that here. Most of us are more like Apini, who I see you've...already met?" Amused eyes flickered over her attempts at a flower crown before smiling gently. The idea of wearing flowers seemed to preoccupy this leopardess. Maybe learning how to weave them properly would provide more reassurance than Cato was able. "I've only just mastered his lovely ornaments, myself. Would you like me to show you how?"

Midnightglow18

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:45 am
Anderleit

Amalthea smiled the lioness was gentle and kind, which was a far cry better than her interaction with the last lioness she had met. Then again the lions before that had been kind to her so on some level she had already known that to be the truth but fear was a funny thing sometimes. "Oh is that his name? I saw the male with the flowers in his mane but I didn't know his name. Apini." She said softly. "I'm Amalthea." She looked at the flower crown she was still trying to get to go together so she could wear a flower crown too. "Yes please." She said in her normal tone. She then waited for the lioness to show her how to make the flower crown.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:38 am
Her smile crinkled the corners of verdant eyes. "Apini, yes, that's it. He's terribly nice if you decide to introduce yourself, but I'll warn you, he might be a touch preoccupied just now." As she spoke, the lioness' paws reached out. Gently, she gathered together the leaves, strands and stems of fallen blossoms, making a show of twining them about her toes. Tilting her pads toward the leopardess that she might see better, Cato began tying them together into a loose, but binding weave. "Through no fault of yours, of course, dear. There's just a bit of a problem in the pride at the moment, and it's taking up a lot of the poor fellow's attention."

A soft gaze met Amalthea's apologetically. What a dear stranger she seemed to be! She could hardly help that she'd happened to arrive among them in such a tumultuous time - and Cato would be certain to treat her no less congenially.

Midnightglow18

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:46 am
Anderleit

Amalthea shook her head "Umm I wouldn't want to bother him if he's busy, perhaps another time." She said softly. She didn't want to be a bother to the pride or clan whatever they were. She frowned as she did her best to mimic the movements the lioness made to make the flower crown. "What is going on?" She asked in a soft tone.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:24 am
The more into the weaving she got, the more comfortable Cato became. Tail wrapping comfortably about a hind-paw, she settled into the garland-making - simultaneously preparing to keep her new guest company for as long as necessary. "Oh, it's nothing you need worry too much about," her reply came with just as soft a smile. "He's the pride's beekeeper. Um, you've seen bees before, I trust? Unfortunately, something messed with the hives - the bees' home - and they've scattered."

Cato's paws folded a last time over themselves. She reached down, gently taking the pile of blooms in her teeth. Shaking out the loose shape of a crown, she beamed as she presented it to the leopardess. Perhaps, in due time, she would have to be presented before the pride, especially if she intended to stay. But for now, there was plenty of time for a little merriment and mirth.

Midnightglow18

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:57 pm
Anderleit

Amalthea nodded she didn't want to pry into the pride's problems if Cato didn't want to share them. "Umm, I think so?" She said softly she smiled at the pretty flower crown she still needed the practice to be as skilled as Cato making them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:42 pm
Chuckling, the lioness leaned forward. Her head moved ever-so-slightly, and with a toss, she sent the flower crown sailing: aimed right between Amalthea's ears.

Whether her aim was true or she happened to miss, Cato went on in good spirits. "It's quite alright if you haven't! Once we've figured out where they've gotten to, I'm sure Apini would be happy to introduce you." With an arch of her back and a bit of a wiggle, the larger feline managed to dump her entire bag of plants at their paws. She was rather enjoying this whole flower crown business now. Might as well go all in, then! "Perhaps once you're feeling better, you could lend a paw in the search. Only if you'd like to, though." The leopards' ability to prowl among the trees would certainly prove useful, Cato expected. But she would hardly be the one to insist Amalthea do anything she wasn't inclined to.

"In the meantime," she giggled, impishly gathering pawfuls of her freshly-gathered flowers, "we'll make you the best flower crown weaver for miles around!" She was enjoying herself, anyway. Goodness knows she would be happy to continue doing so for as long as her companion desired.

Midnightglow18

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

[IC] Nil'nocere Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas