Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands
[SRP] A Little Birdy (Auberon x Tanith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Epine de Rose rolled 1 12-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-12)

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:13 am
User ImageUser Image

Roll #1 - Lake of Sighs Approach!

Epine de Rose rolled 1 12-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:14 am
Roll #2 - Lake of Sighs Approach

Both parties achieved the below result, RP will continue beneath this post!:
10-12. Yeah, no. Just no. This place gives you the creeps, and you are staying well away from the edge. Surely you'll be safe back here!

Epine de Rose

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:00 am
"You would be wise to give that a wide berth," the voice spoke, though he wasn't entirely aware of where it had come from. Nevertheless the intrusion into his 'thoughts' was enough for the green lion to pause in his wanderings and take a quick step back from the crater he had been walking alongside. He'd chosen to go closer, if only because he'd heard the strange sounds coming from within, and curiosity had gotten the better of him for a time. However, the closer he'd gotten, the less he'd been able to understand what he'd heard as though it might be a mere figment of his imagination.

"Much better, you will be safe there," the voice continued, until he finally came to a halt and took the opportunity to survey his surroundings. All in all, the lion shouldn't have struggled to spot the other one if he was being honest with himself. No sooner had he really started to pay attention to his surroundings, than he had finally caught sight of the blue lion reclining nearby. Whoever he was, he seemed to be at complete peace and beyond warning the green male not to step too far, he didn't seem inclined to move any time soon.

"Good morning," It was the best he could do in the given circumstances as he moved further away from the 'lake', though unusually, it seemed as though the voices only increased as he gathered distance. It was a bizarre experience and one he wasn't confident that he would enjoy if it lasted for any extended period of time.

The blue lion responded with a nod.

"Have you been here this whole time?"

"Not the entirety of the time, I simply came here because I was called for want of a better explanation," he replied smoothly and nodded towards the peculiar lake. "You can hear it as well, can you not? A sound that sounds similar to a whisper, but I would be confident in saying that it isn't," he shrugged his shoulders. "It seems that you and I were not alone in our capacity to hear it and we certainly weren't the only one to respond to its call - what I can tell you is that since I got here a fair number have fallen from the edge and stumbled into its depths," he pursed his lips.

"Not all of them have come back," he added. Admittedly those who did manage to come back had seemed to be okay, but the blue male had no idea what truly happened to them. If he had known of the horrid fever that awaited them after they had fallen into the strange liquid then it was highly likely he would have been more forceful in his attempts to keep others away from it! Nevertheless he knew that some had perished as not all were strong swimmers and the fall alone would have been enough to cause lasting injury to some.

"I see," The green lion glanced over his shoulder briefly and shook his head. "You are right I can hear something but I'm...well I'm not entirely sure it's whispers anymore," he admitted. Now that he was more than a safe distance from the lake he felt more at ease, though the unusual sounds had yet to abate.

"I am not sure they are either," The blue lion shrugged. "However I have little expertise when it comes to strange liquids bubbling up from the depths themselves, if I did, then I would be inclined to try and explain what it is," he clucked his tongue. "Regardless the manner in which it appeared seems to imply that it just isn't from this world, not ours anyway," he wrinkled his nose.

"You mean like...another place?" The green lion seemed to doubt this, in his world, the only other plane of existence was that of the Divine and he saw no reason that the dragon deities would blend both worlds together.

"Who knows?" The blue lion paused. "I do not believe in magic, so no, I believe it comes from somewhere on this world I just don't know from where," he pointed at the ground. "It opened up there, so it obviously came from somewhere deep underneath the surface. I have heard rumours that other lands do exist under their, they're different than ours but that doesn't mean they aren't of our world," he paused briefly. "Perhaps it comes from there."

"You mean like the liquid fire?"

"Pardon?"

"I was once told that deep under our feet there's a world of liquid fire, a world that smells of death and destruction, but brings life," he smiled wryly. "Rumour has it there are some who even know how to navigate it," he added. He was of course referring to the deep cavern networks and the very, very rare existence of the molten chambers. There would be no one of this world who could survive the heat of those chambers but the sulphur laden warrens would be a different matter. After all, where he came from those warrens were teaming with life and by definition, their world was very different than his own.

Granted, those warrens didn't bring life, just destruction.

"Then perhaps you are indeed right and it comes from there, but does that liquid fire whisper?" The blue lion pressed, at which point the green lion squinted.

"I'm not sure," he admitted and shook his head. "I've never seen it and the only information I have is second hand. I'd imagine we could find someone who knew though, there are several in my own home who have navigated those regions and could confirm or deny it."

There was a pause.

"Maybe that's why they were able to ignore the call," he mused. Tanith had been with his father whenever he'd been discussing the unusual light shows above their heads recently. Havase had been accompanied by a black lion, one with an unusual smell on his coat, who seemed to either be oblivious or was simply ignoring the whispers that had soon begun to seap into their ears. Adar Malik had been unphased, indicating that there was likely a logical explanation for the displays and based on his demeanour... Tanith was fairly confident that he might bery well have the answers he needed to.

"Some can't hear it?" Auberon seemed intrigued. Was it possible that the whispering call was isolated, or was it as Tanith had implied, and it was being ignored by those who were accustomed to unusual sounds.

"I'm not sure if they can hear it, or if they're ignoring it," Tanith clarified. "But I might be able to find one and ask," he mused. "I didn't come here to find out what the sound was, I just got curious. I was actually headed to give another pride a message regarding one of their members."

"Oh?"

"Mhm, it's just to let them know that while he's unwell, he's alive and making a recovery so he'll be back with them soon," he explained.

"Well that will be joyous news for them," Auberon remarked. "It must be an individual of importance if you are making the journey."

"A King," Tanith smiled. "I'm quite honoured to be delivering the news."

What happened next wasn't something that Tanith had anticipated as Auberon's eyes narrowed and he regarded him more thoroughly.

"A pride lost a king..." Auberon murmured.

"The Bahari, through our failures as it were. Though we did not necessarily lead the enemy to his borders, it was our failings that allowed them to reach it in the first place. It was only fitting we tend to the wounded and return him when possible."

"Ram...?"

"You know of him?" Tanith seemed surprised.

"My cousin," Auberon admitted and released a sigh. "Now is an unwise time to be returning to the Bahari with that news," he paused briefly. "Though I have no doubt he would wish to provide the news when possible, it wouldn't be received well at the moment," he continued. "If you would be open to it, I would ask that I meet him first and explain the situation... And then perhaps you can introduce me to those who wander the depths of the world so I can explore these whispering lakes more thoroughly."

Tanith seemed perturbed.

"What's wrong with the Bahari?" He wasn't really entitled to the information and he knew it.

"If you return with that news now it will cause a civil war and tear the royal family to pieces, if the news is delayed, then the situation can be salvaged at a later date," Auberon explained. "I will give Ram the full breakdown of the circumstances surrounding your failure to deliver his message, the blame will rest on my shoulders... I would sooner you did not shoulder the burden of a crumbling pride on this occasion."

"...I'm not sure I understand," Tanith admitted. He was still young and still learning the more nuanced aspects of politics, the fact he wasn't aware of affairs outside his own pride was forgivable as a result.

"I will explain on the way, if I start from the beginning then perhaps you will see why I have made the request. He will understand, that much I can promise you," Auberon added and offered a wry smile.

"But the Justicars..." Tanith had been asked by them personally and denying a Justicar's request was unwise.

"Will understand when they hear this tale as well," Auberon murmured reassuringly.

Auberon allowed the younger lion time to consider his options before finally, the green lion nodded. It seemed that the situation had changed within the Bahari and neither the Justicars or Ram were aware of it, rather than make anything worse, it was better to return and reassess the situation before making any further decisions. Auberon would have the opportunity to speak and if it was decided the message still needed to be delivered then... well, Tanith would turn round and head back towards them again.

"All right," he nodded at last. "But you will at least give me your name if we are going to be in each other's company for an extended period of time," Tanith mused. "It's a good week or so of travel," he added.

"Auberon," it was given without hesitation. "Evidently you live in the sticks."

"My home has been in isolation for generations, you wouldn't know it was there if you didn't know where to look," Tanith chuckled. "I'm Tanith, if you aren't hungry and you're well rested, then I'd suggest we start heading back. The longer we delay, the harder it might be to locate those cave dwellers... I don't anticipate your cousin will wander very far though."

"Splunking was never his thing," Auberon confirmed. "But I would be interested to hear what guidance your explorers have. If they are truly the same thing, then it would be fascinating to investigate it further."

"I'm not so sure it is, but they'd be the ones to ask," Tanith confirmed.

"Neither am I, but it is a start..." Auberon murmured as he rose to his paws and approached the younger male. "Lead on then, good sir."

With a nod Tanith gathered his bearings and then began to move in a direction that led home...

Words: 1,881

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff